Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers (1013 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / 7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 7:51am On Jan 28, 2013
The bible contains the word of God. It has the letter and also the spirit. The letter kills, it is the spirit that gives life(2 Cor3:6)
ATHEISTS AND OTHER NON-BELIEVERS ATTEMPT TO UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD BY MAKING IT ADD UP LOGICALLY. IN THAT THEY ERR AND WILL CONTINUE TO ERR.
It takes a spirit to percieve a spirit and there is nothing spiritual about logic. It is simply intellectual.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Enigma(m): 7:55am On Jan 28, 2013
Make una sef leave them alone!

I agree that it is now hardly worthwhile to have sensible discussions of Christian issues here but still it is even better to talk about light hearted things than bothering unnecessarily with these fellows. smiley
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Ishilove: 9:56am On Jan 28, 2013
Enigma: Make una sef leave them alone!

I agree that it is now hardly worthwhile to have sensible discussions of Christian issues here but still it is even better to talk about light hearted things than bothering unnecessarily with these fellows. smiley
I bow o undecided
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by manmustwac(m): 10:38am On Jan 28, 2013
traeces: The bible contains the word of God. It has the letter and also the spirit. The letter kills, it is the spirit that gives life(2 Cor3:6)
ATHEISTS AND OTHER NON-BELIEVERS ATTEMPT TO UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD BY MAKING IT ADD UP LOGICALLY IN THAT THEY ERR AND WILL CONTINUE TO ERR.
It takes a spirit to percieve a spirit and there is nothing spiritual about logic. It is simply intellectual.
[b]So am expected to believe that I and the entire world's population of about nearly 7 billion are descendents from adam & eve? That we all spread across the planet from the garden of Eden & populated place like South America, Malaysia, India & Japan? If so my DNA is supposed to be traced back to the Garden of Eden instead of West Africa & why is our cultures not similar to the Jews since that is where we originated from

Sorry dude I cannot switch off my reasoning faculties & reason like like someone who just drank a whole bottle of the holy spirit I mean Jack Daniels. Its you who have a problem not me.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by frank317: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2013
traeces: The bible contains the word of God. It has the letter and also the spirit. The letter kills, it is the spirit that gives life(2 Cor3:6)
ATHEISTS AND OTHER NON-BELIEVERS ATTEMPT TO UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD BY MAKING IT ADD UP LOGICALLY. IN THAT THEY ERR AND WILL CONTINUE TO ERR.

The fact is that u have chosen to believe that the bible makes sense to u, note the word CHOSEN. U fail u accept that a whole lot of pple whole have different upbringing(cultural, parental style, friends etc) and different biological make up might not find is sensible.

How can u just want everybody to believe the bible is the word of God? Were u the one who wrote it? Where u there wen it was written? U have not in any way even tried to xplain the discipancies and contradictions to ur so called unbelievers. But u just want them to believe because u believe, how is that possible?

U somehow know that somethings in the bible are not just right but chose to overlook them yet u wnt everybody to follow ur footstep.

Do u think u are wiser than the God u worship? Wasn't the one who (according to u) created everybody? Didn't he know this will b the outcome of his creation? Isn't he the one who gave all the atheist brains to reason as they do? U mean to tell me tht God xpected everyone to think like u? What if at the end God tells u that he is proud of atheists because the used their God diven brain and u chose not to?

Just the story of adam and eve is filled with contractidtions yet u find nothing wrong wit d bible and expect others not to. The same bible u claim to believe in has different interpritations(this is evident in the number of churches or even here on nairaland- frosbel believes in hell others don't).

What exactly do u want from pple? What have u don to make pple follow u? Does u religion make u supernatural? U claim to be spiritual, yet u fall seek, u read to pass exam, u hustle to make money, u lose loved ones to death and cry like any other person.
Besides, were u spiritual when u decided to follow the ways of the bible? Were u spiritual when u read and understood it? Why must others b spiritual u now understand it.

The only reason u wnt pple to follow u is because u feel they will go to hell. U have not understood the simple but complicated life we have here on earth, yet u claim to know what happns after life, do u think u will sound normal to everybody when u think this way?

What exctly do u want?

2 Likes

Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Kay17: 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2013

Once you pull out logic, you'd tend to sound ridiculous, cos you are not expected to make sense
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
frank3.16:

The fact is that u have chosen to believe that the bible makes sense to u, note the word CHOSEN. U fail u accept that a whole lot of pple whole have different upbringing(cultural, parental style, friends etc) and different biological make up might not find is sensible.

How can u just want everybody to believe the bible is the word of God? Were u the one who wrote it? Where u there wen it was written? U have not in any way even tried to xplain the discipancies and contradictions to ur so called unbelievers. But u just want them to believe because u believe, how is that possible?

U somehow know that somethings in the bible are not just right but chose to overlook them yet u wnt everybody to follow ur footstep.

Do u think u are wiser than the God u worship? Wasn't the one who (according to u) created everybody? Didn't he know this will b the outcome of his creation? Isn't he the one who gave all the atheist brains to reason as they do? U mean to tell me tht God xpected everyone to think like u? What if at the end God tells u that he is proud of atheists because the used their God diven brain and u chose not to?

Just the story of adam and eve is filled with contractidtions yet u find nothing wrong wit d bible and expect others not to. The same bible u claim to believe in has different interpritations(this is evident in the number of churches or even here on nairaland- frosbel believes in hell others don't).

What exactly do u want from pple? What have u don to make pple follow u? Does u religion make u supernatural? U claim to be spiritual, yet u fall seek, u read to pass exam, u hustle to make money, u lose loved ones to death and cry like any other person.
Besides, were u spiritual when u decided to follow the ways of the bible? Were u spiritual when u read and understood it? Why must others b spiritual u now understand it.

The only reason u wnt pple to follow u is because u feel they will go to hell. U have not understood the simple but complicated life we have here on earth, yet u claim to know what happns after life, do u think u will sound normal to everybody when u think this way?

What exctly do u want?

Friend, let me begin by saying I like you."born to party, forced to work."
Now to the point, By training am a core scientist and very widely read. My training predisposes me to ask questions and question answers until I arrive at questions that are unanswerrable and answers that are unquestionable. However, God helped me. I realized years ago that science as wonderful as it is has its limitations. There are plenty phenomena it hasn't been able to evidentially explain. There are several theories or positions it held few years ago which in the light of newer discoveries no longer hold. What's more, it can only investigate the natural, physical world. Nothing more! It has created absolutely nothing. All true scientist and science itself are bewildered by science's discoveries some of which were actually mistakes.
There is hardly any atheistic position I haven't read, understood and found credible and completely satisfactory answers to from the word of God. And I tell you the truth, anybody could find this answers satisfactory as well except that they are beyond science and logic. They are spiritual.
"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Is 55:8,9(NLT)
If we must find God, his terms is that we must come in faith for faith is what connects the physical to the spiritual. That was how those who walked before us obtained God's approval and until we have faith, we will never be able to trully understand (Heb 11:2-3)
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
PERSONALLY I THINK ALL THESE HEATHENS NEED TO BE ROUNDED UP, ESPECIALLY THEIR LEADER LOGICBOY, AND FLOGGED MERCILESSLY WITH LANYARD OR KOBOKO undecided grin ALL THESE NIMRODS
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
@Traeces, thanks for your wonderful piece. My faith has been renewed.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
@inspiredbyGOD, Thank you very much and God bless you. Stay strong cos am looking foward to dancing with you in Praise to our God when we get to heaven.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by inspiredbyGOD(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
^^^ Ami! Ami!! Ami!!! ni oruko Jesu!
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Kay17: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
traeces:

Now to the point, By training am a core scientist and very widely read. My training predisposes me to ask questions and question answers until I arrive at questions that are unanswerrable and answers that are unquestionable. However, God helped me. I realized years ago that science as wonderful as it is has its limitations. There are plenty phenomena it hasn't been able to evidentially explain. There are several theories or positions it held few years ago which in the light of newer discoveries no longer hold. What's more, it can only investigate the natural, physical world. Nothing more! It has created absolutely nothing. All true scientist and science itself are bewildered by science's discoveries some of which were actually mistakes.
There is hardly any atheistic position I haven't read, understood and found credible and completely satisfactory answers to from the word of God. And I tell you the truth, anybody could find this answers satisfactory as well except that they are beyond science and logic. They are spiritual.
"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the lord. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
If we must find God, his terms is that we must come in faith for faith is what connects the physical to the spiritual. That was how those who walked before us obtained God's approval and until we have faith, we will never be able to trully understand (Heb 11:2-3)

You found questions unanswereable?? Have you reached the boundary of all human knowledge? You are making the claims of the omniscient, it is ridiculous.

I didn't expect you to make sense since you ditched logic and reasoning long ago
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by frank317: 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
traeces:

Thank you my friend. From ur post, u now have faith and you truely understand God. Yet u quote to me that his ways are as higher than ours just like the distance btw the heavens and earth. Are u nt contracditing urself? Ok, since through faith, u now understand God and he answers all ur prayers then how does the whole concept of hell sound to u? Pls help me ask him to explain why a loving God would create humans against their will (cos I never had agreement with God to b created) and then put humans in this tight position of chosing between him and the devil(its a tight position cos if it were simple we wouldn't b discussing this) and at the end when I mess up as human way hin know say I b, he throws me into hell forever and ever.
He said in the bible that b4 I was born he knew me. What then are we talking. If he knew me b4 I was born then who are my to think that I can change anything?
If u believe God by faith, then that mean u have chosen to neglect and disregard every doubt. That makes u different from atheist who do not want to neglect such doubts, and trust me God knows about them too, he created them that way (b4 they were born he knew them). He made u not to doubt him and if u are comfortable living that way, a whole lot of pple are not comfortable with that and there is nothing u can do about it, jst leave matter for God.
If u really think u know God why then do u think u can fight his battle for him? Whts d diff btw u and extream islamists who bomb churches believing they r fighting for God?
Don't u believe that God appears to pple in dream? Show pple visions of hell? If u believe it was God that appeard to them, tht mean he is capable of doing whatever he wants and does not really need u to fight for him or convince anybody for him.

Honestly the more u try to convice pple, the more I see that u urself is just trying so hard to tell urself that u are on the right track. Cos if I were u, I will think that a God who didn't need my opinion when he created the world will definately not need me to convince pple of his existance. He will do it his own way. Or are u not sure?
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
Again I put it to you my dear friend that until you approach God in faith, you will continue to misd him because the physical can only connect to the spiritual through faith.
Also, you need to know that God is not responsible for your choices and the choices you are making today determinants of your fate in eternity. If only you were approaching God in faith, you would have understood long ago that what he requires of you is nothing beyond you really, just faith (Rom 10:3,4,8-10)
Finally, am not a christian because I chose to ignore my doubts. I am a christian because when I brought my doubts under the scrutiny of the light of God's word, they vanished. I looked for them but didn't find them.
God bless you and do for you what he did for me in Jesus name, amen.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
A love letter
Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. It makes the world go round so much so that even in its false forms, it still gladdens the heart at least while it lasts. It is a fundamental need of all human beings and I should add animals as well. Some of us in our search for love have been everywhere; we have experimented with people, we turned to pets, others have turned to money and others to materials. We all love to be loved.
At the root of rebellion, the cause of wars, the reason why there is murder, rape, kidnapping, terrorism and every kind of evil is the absence of love. Some of us have even rebelled against God because God has seemed not to care. We have queried; If he cared, why will my mother have died? If he truly loved me, Will my prayer not have been answered long ago? Why will I be born this disadvantaged if he was affectionately disposed towards me? Those may be facts which I may not be able to answer to but they are not the truth. Listen to the truth:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you “ Jer. 31:3 (NKJV)
This is a love letter from God to you my friend. God has loved you with love that does not depend on whether you have been obedient to him or not; He has loved you with love that is kind to you whether you believe in him or not; Love that has patiently waited for you to come around. The love God has for you is such that believes the very best concerning you in spite of what everyone else has said or thinks. It is very different from the love Nlanders have for you and supersedes even the love of your parents. God’s Love for you respects your choice whether it agrees with his or not. His love for you is not selfless neither is it easily provoked. His love for you bears all things. What’s more, that love lasts forever.
You are the apple of God’s eye and you mean everything to him. God is so obsessed with you so much so that one in a certain place exclaimed;
“What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? “
Ps 8:4 (NKJV)
You’ve always been on the mind of God; You’ve always been in his agenda and that was what the devil saw that made him Jealous so much so that he brought a row between you and your God. But God whose love does not give up on you as long as it is called today (Ps 95:7,cool made the first move at reconciliation. He sought you and has continued to seek you out. There was absolutely nothing he considered unexpendable in his quest for reconciliation.
He strategized and executed the strategy step by step and finally it culminated in the death, burial and resurrection of the lord Jesus Christ which was the necessary and sufficient requirement for your redemption back to God. Finally Christ settled that age long row and made it possible for you to regain you lost place in God. The devil whose mission statement is to steal, kill and destroy (Jn10:10) also has continued to work on us making that wonderful plan of God which ultimately conquered the devil (col2:14, 15) seem like foolishness to us.
Praise God however that in his everlasting love, He calls your attention today to what he did for you. He is saying my love for you is the reason you are still here and I interested in you. Listen to that in the words of Revelations 3:20 (TLB);
"Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me. “
God is right there where you are, open the door of your heart and invite him in today with this simple prayer in faith:
Lord Jesus, I thank you for loving me so much as to accept to die on the cross so that I might be delivered from the extremely unfortunate dilemma of sin and death which I inherited. Today, I have read your word and I believe your death was the death of my sinful nature, your burial was the burial of my sinful nature and your resurrection is the resurrection of my God-nature.
Forgive me my sins and cleanse me from my unrighteousness. Thank you for removing my old sinful and stony heart and replacing it with a heart of flesh inbuilt with desires that please you. Thank you also for giving me the power to live right and to do good.
Take over my whole life and lead me in the paths of righteousness for your name sake from today onwards in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

NOTE
If you prayed this prayer, we will like you to know that even though nothing might have changed on the outward just like nothing changed physically for Adam and Eve after the fall. You must however know that you have become a completely new person on the inside. A new life has begun. 2 Cor 5:17(TLB) says, “When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!”
To this end, we urge you to please do the following:
1. Identify with a Bible-believing church and/or group of Christians around you.
2. Cultivate the habit of praying regularly.
3. Regularly and prayerfully study the word of God.
4. Openly share and preach your new found faith.
I look forward to celebrating side by side with you someday in heaven. You can reach me for further help on goldtraeces@gmail.com.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by mazaje(m): 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
@OP

Why are you the one that is trying to convince people of your god's existence?. . .Why don't you allow him to do it himself?. . .I thought accodring to the myth he can talk, write and appear to people?. . .Why are you doing the beddings of the all powerful one for him?. . .Leave him to do it for himself. . .
frank3.16:

Honestly the more u try to convice pple, the more I see that u urself is just trying so hard to tell urself that u are on the right track. Cos if I were u, I will think that a God who didn't need my opinion when he created the world will definately not need me to convince pple of his existance. He will do it his own way. Or are u not sure?
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
Kay 17:

You found questions unanswereable?? Have you reached the boundary of all human knowledge? You are making the claims of the omniscient, it is ridiculous.

I didn't expect you to make sense since you ditched logic and reasoning long ago
He did not ditch logic. He simply realise what foolishness and limitation ur so call logic present
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Kay17: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Mee234:
He did not ditch logic. He simply realise what foolishness and limitation ur so call logic present

Ok, remove Reason. And if one doesn't think, then he is a fool
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by Heatblast(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2013

If your "word of god" can't add up logically, then there is absolutely nothing that makes your religion true other than self delusion

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4RXmkftK0Sw&gl=GB
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by traeces(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2013
I know a few people who will literally develop headaches if they were required to provide answers for any of the following elementary science challenges.
X^3=9; solve for X
Tell the elemtary constitution of table salt.
Give an example of a mammal.
State Newton's 3rd law of motion.
But some of this people believe in Science they know nothing about other the definitions they can lift from dictionaries here and there, but in God they choose not to believe.
It beats the imagination of my small mind really.
Re: The Fundamental Error Of Atheists And Other Bible Unbelievers by mazaje(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2013
traeces: I know a few people who will literally develop headaches if they were required to provide answers for any of the following elementary science challenges.
X^3=9; solve for X
Tell the elemtary constitution of table salt.
Give an example of a mammal.
State Newton's 3rd law of motion.
But some of this people believe in Science they know nothing about other the definitions they can lift from dictionaries here and there, but in God they choose not to believe.
It beats the imagination of my small mind really.

OK, let me engage you. . .Who is God?. . .

(1) (Reply)

Living As An Atheist: Live The Life And Enjoy Now, For There Is No Afterlife / Pakistani Women Make History As The First Muslim Lesbian Couple / 4 Ways To Building A Strong Relationship With Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.