Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21532 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: i will only ask you one question...do you accept Jesus is a prophet of God or son of God or God himself?
Which one?

Yes SON of GOD. No twisting the Bible is Complete about that.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: i will not disagree with you b...ut if all prophet in the bible are jews that means their message is not universal since it was only isrealites that recieved Jehovah's message...so i will consider jehovah an isrealite god smiley

I can show you many prophecies in the bible that fortold Mohammed(sa) most especialy in 'deut' and 'isaiah' from OT bible smiley

Let not derail this thread we can disuss these in another thread

As much as I will like to explain and clarify things, I think another thread will help. Open it and we can talk about your claims.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Rexyl:

Yes SON of GOD. No twisting the Bible is Complete about that.

then the prophecy in deut was not meant for Jesus(as) since you said he is the son of God the prophecy in deut fortold about a Prophet that will be like Moses(as)

@tomakint...jeeez! i hope you educate yourself from that of my past post smiley
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: then the prophecy in deut was not meant for Jesus(as) since you said he is the son of God the prophecy in deut fortold about a Prophet that will be like Moses(as)

tintingz - Can you explain to us what Jihad means and what forms of Jihad you have in Islam.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by NOLONGTIN1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
Lol! You definitely don't know anything about Islam. Ask your imam he will explain to you. I dont have time, if not i would have. But as a non-Muslim ('infidel'-4 ur mind) what you wrote is absolute bullshit
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: then the prophecy in deut was not meant for Jesus(as) since you said he is the son of God the prophecy in deut fortold about a Prophet that will be like Moses(as)

I would have replied better but for my small screen and restricted keyboard of my tiny phone. I would have loved you to read or invite somebody to interpret the event in Matthew 17 for you.

No wonder Jesus says harvest is plenteous but laborers are few , Oh God o.f harvest send more laborers.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by FiftyFifty(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Any effort to make these CRUSADERS understand the meaning of Jihad will be in vain. Understanding is alien to their conscience (if they‘ve any).
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
Any effort to make these CRUSADERS understand the meaning of Jihad will be in vain. Understanding is alien to their conscience (if they‘ve any).

Tell that to Boko Haram and Al-Shahab and the rest. It's either they know what Jihad is and you don't or you do and they don't or y'all got it twisted!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Geewan(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Akseph:
i wil plead with u, dnt cross ur mind, come and enjoy another heaven made 4 u. Come and enjoy d fellowship of d holy Spirit, it is sweet. Jesus nids u. Consider dis please

Normally I don't insult people but I can only say you are daft to your post above!
What do you know about me? Do you know my past before you start preaching to me?
I've seen the truth and I thank God for opening my eyes.

You want to tell me Jesus (PBUH) died for my sin right?
"The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to
death for the father. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin." [Deuteronomy 24:16]

I have a verse for you from the Holy Qur'an. "Verily, those who disbelieve, it is the same to them whether you warn them or do not warn them, they will not believe. Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearings, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment." - Surah al-Baqarah verses 6-7.

Brainwashed dude!

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Cabsso(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
ocman: jihad is BOMB and BOMB is Jihad

I dnt knw y sum pple can‘t do wit out displayin dia stupidity, did d poster refer to jihad as bomb? Ode!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal:
Hello Mr striklymi, i have always loved ur sense of humour. I'd have loved to donate more time for explanations if not for my exams. These are what the quran truly teaches. I'll drop some quranic verses and who knows i may have time to explain them later.

Who are permitted to fight?
"Permission to fight is given to those who are been attacked, because they have been wronged. And surely God measures out help for them" - Surah al-Hajj verse 39
Quran 4:75 also talks about fighting only for God, the weak, ill-treated and the oppressed.

Quran 2:190
" Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors."

Quran 2:190,
" But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail Justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers."

Quran 25:63
" And the slave of Allah are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness and when the foolish addressed them with bad words, they reply back with mild words of gentleness".

Quran 6:151,
"Take not life which Allah has mase sacred, except by way of Justice and Law; thus doth he command you , that ye may learn wisdom"

Surah al-Anfal verse 61
" And if they incline to peace, so you must incline to it. And trust in God, for he hears and knows all.

Finally,
Quran 2:256
" Let there be no compulsion in religion".
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal:
Hello Mr striklymi, i have always loved ur sense of humour. I'd have loved to donate more time for explanations if not for my exams. These are what the quran truly teaches. I'll drop some quranic verses and who knows i may have time to explain them later.

Who are permitted to fight?
"Permission to fight is given to those who are been attacked, because they have been wronged. And surely God measures out help for them" - Surah al-Hajj verse 39
Quran 4:75 also talks about fighting only for God, the weak, ill-treated and the oppressed.

Quran 2:190
" Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors."

Quran 2:190,
" But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail Justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers."

Quran 25:63
" And the slave of Allah are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness and when the foolish addressed them with bad words, they reply back with mild words of gentleness".

Quran 6:151,
"Take not life which Allah has mase sacred, except by way of Justice and Law; thus doth he command you , that ye may learn wisdom"

Surah al-Anfal verse 61
" And if they incline to peace, so you must incline to it. And trust in God, for he hears and knows all.

Finally,
Quran 2:256
" Let there be no compulsion in religion".
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Bella3(f): 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Saksreal][/quote]Thanks alot, i love the translation. But how does this prove your original post? I want a verse that talks about this 'self jihad' 'cleansing' oneself that is.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by mabcos: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Jazakallahu khairan. May God guid us. Even d non muslim are aware of these. Just a plain simple truth.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tomakint: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2013

Educate 4 where? no b u tell me say ur Muhammad 'sliced' d 'Moon' with his scimitar? What is there to educate about? cheesy Funny Mallam, Moon ko, Sun ni undecided
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by hok4u(f): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
There are over a billion Muslims in the world. Trust me, if Islam encourages terrorism, everyone would be dead. So dont be ignorant.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 12:08am On Jan 30, 2013
hok4u: There are over a billion Muslims in the world. Trust me, if Islam encourages terrorism, everyone would be dead. So dont be ignorant.

There are over 3 billion guns in the world, attempt to kill anybody with one - you will be DEAD! TRUST ME!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Jamisco: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a Term often misunderstood and associated with radical militants. The arabic word is wrongly misinterpretated as "Holy War", although there is no such thing in islam. Holy war is something undertaken to forcibly subject others to certain religious doctrines, which is forbidden in Islam.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society. This exertion of effort can be spiritual, economic, social or political. For example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth. Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a form of Jihad. It is a broad concept that includes opposing evil inclinations within oneself, opposing injustice through peaceful means, efforts to improve the quality of life in a society as well as the striving by military forces on a battlefield in defence of the community or oppressed people. Jihad is not synonymus with war and it certainly does not involve terrorism. Armed Jihad is not an option for muslim individuals or groups and can only be declared by the muslim head of state. Moreover it must never be fought for wordly gain, conquest or revenge. Muslims may only engage in battle to protect people's lives, properties and freedom.

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking back in revenge.
** Hostilities should be ended as soon as the other party is inclined to peace

this is your opinion since Qur'an has being interpreted in different ways. Hausa-Fulani have their own interpretations, Yoruba have their own etc
but help me answer this questions
1. why is it that all the so called Muslim countries have never now peace in their entire lives since when Mohammed was the Commander of Jihad uptil today?
2. why is it that where ever Muslim has 30% population of a community, the non-Muslims will never smell peace?
3. why is it th
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Jamisco: 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=Saksreal][/quote]

Let there be no compulsion in religion. (2:256) WAS QUOTED BY MOHAMMED WHEN HE WANTED TO WIN THE HEARTH OF THE JEWS AND THE CHRISTIANS, BY DECEIVING THEM THAT ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE AS HIS FOLLOWERS ARE DOING TODAY. BUT THE REAL FACT IS THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF WAR, HATE RATE, CULTISM AND TERRORISM. IT WAS ESTABLISHED THROUGH WAR, WAR IS ITS TRADITION. I NEVER HEARD ANY MUSLIM CONVERT THAT WAS CONVERTED THROUGH DREAM OR CONSCIENCE BUT MOSTLY THROUGH WAR AND WORLDLY PROMISES; WE WILL GIVE YOU THIS OR THAT. HOW CAN QUR'AN SAID LET THERE BE NO COMPULSION OF RELIGION (2:256) AND AT THE SAME TIME BEHEADED OR IMPRISONED ANYONE THAT LEAVES ISLAM?

THE FOLLOWING VERSES WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT ISLAM MEANS NO PEACE

Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not. (2:216)

And slay them wherever ye catch them.... (2:191)

Fight those who believe neither in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book (CHRISTIANS AND JEWS), until they pay the Jizya [poll tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29)

O ye who believe! Fight the unbelievers who gird you about [Pickthal and others: "who are near to you"], and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him. (9:123)

Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah, - He will never let their deeds be lost. (47:4)

I asked the Prophet, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and to fight for His Cause." (Sahih Bukhari, 3:46:694, Sahih Muslim, 1:149)
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Rexyl(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jamisco:

Let there be no compulsion in religion. (2:256) WAS QUOTED BY MOHAMMED WHEN HE WANTED TO WIN THE HEARTH OF THE JEWS AND THE CHRISTIANS, BY DECEIVING THEM THAT ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF PEACE AS HIS FOLLOWERS ARE DOING TODAY. BUT THE REAL FACT IS THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF WAR, HATE RATE, CULTISM AND TERRORISM. IT WAS ESTABLISHED THROUGH WAR, WAR IS ITS TRADITION. I NEVER HEARD ANY MUSLIM CONVERT THAT WAS CONVERTED THROUGH DREAM OR CONSCIENCE BUT MOSTLY THROUGH WAR AND WORLDLY PROMISES; WE WILL GIVE YOU THIS OR THAT. HOW CAN QUR'AN SAID LET THERE BE NO COMPULSION OF RELIGION (2:256) AND AT THE SAME TIME BEHEADED OR IMPRISONED ANYONE THAT LEAVES ISLAM?

THE FOLLOWING VERSES WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT ISLAM MEANS NO PEACE

Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not. (2:216)

And slay them wherever ye catch them.... (2:191)

Fight those who believe neither in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book (CHRISTIANS AND JEWS), until they pay the Jizya [poll tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29)

O ye who believe! Fight the unbelievers who gird you about [Pickthal and others: "who are near to you"], and let them find firmness in you: and know that Allah is with those who fear Him. (9:123)

Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah, - He will never let their deeds be lost. (47:4)

I asked the Prophet, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and to fight for His Cause." (Sahih Bukhari, 3:46:694, Sahih Muslim, 1:149)

It is better to share religious words, texts and lessons openly like this to know what foundation sustains what people are either being forced or encouraged to believe, Whether it is a straw or rock.

Stop wickedness and violence and all forms of inhumane behaviors, and embrace the gospel of truth, love and peace to all as delivered to all by the Lord Jesus.

God is unhappy with wickedness and He will judge it by His wrath according to the scripture.

Psalm 2:1-5
1 Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,

3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”

4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.

5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by maskid(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
MSCHTEEEW!!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by AtheistD(m): 12:29am On Jan 31, 2013
@OP.

The real debate is related to how it is applied. Go to Yobe, approach 10 mosques and preach this jihad sermon.

If you return safely we might take you more seriously. Ppl are being killed in the name of jihad. This lengthy sermon has little relevance until the killings are addressed.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Virick(m): 1:28am On Jan 31, 2013
Very inspiring OP. Thank you.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Jamisco: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2013

what about the prophecy in Isaiah that said a child shall born and his name will be Emmanuel meaning God is with us
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
Jamisco:

what about the prophecy in Isaiah that said a child shall born and his name will be Emmanuel meaning God is with us

tintingz is deliberately trying to deny the obvious and insert Mohammed in the Bible. At best is laughable but on a serious side, he genuinely believes this smiley. Truth be told, Isaiah was talking about Jesus Christ.

He is yet to tell us the true meaning of Jihad in the Quran and back it up.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by prairie(f): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
what the op is saying is his own not what ur koran says, ur prophet was quite explanatory with his injunctions so trying to spice it up is time waste, lets say ur prophet wasnt so violent islam woulda prolly being peaceful even usman dan fodio had to kill to 'convert' pagans and u say no compulsion in religion, and wats with d jizzya thingie again. What moslems should know is that actions speak louder than words kasamt!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by albahafs: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2013
jazakumullahi khair 4 dis wonderfull post. I wonder y some ppl dnt want 2 undrstnd simple statemnt. Brainwashed islamophobic Bigots n fanatics am sure. Na so d world dey o.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by albahafs: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2013
Pls think

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by alexis(m): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2013
albahafs: Pls think

Which Jesus do you love? The one that didn't die and wasn't raised as muslim believe? Or the Jesus that Christians believe died and was raised?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ruling On Watching BBN And Porn Related Movies / Can A Muslim Work In An Interest-seeking Bank / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.