Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn (17988 Views)

Dasuki Handcuffed Buhari to Rot In Prison For 2yrs In 1985, Its Payback time! / ICPC Uncovers Over N23bn Pension Funds ‘lost’ In 40 Bank Accounts / Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by talktrue1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Later, they will say that the judicial system is working whereas they are not doing their job. They are only encouraging high level corruption. That amount warrants death sentence
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by theripper: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dis country funny pass Mister Bean.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by konami001: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Where im wan see the N23.3 billion bring come out when e don share the money to JEG and im boys them... or how else do we explain this...

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Symphony007: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Did the judge know how people senoir citizens have died and suffered due to this man's theft and you basically give him 2 years in prison or 250k option? This is a slap on the wrist!! Why won't more people loot. Astonishing!!shocked
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by WinkWrld: 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
Do you wonder why corruption exist? I no longer wonder. Pls if you have access to so much funds, just milk it and set aside 250k for freedom grin
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by ebucha: 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
250,000 is 0.00107% of 23.3billion, if you subtract 0.00107% from 100% you get 99.99%, which makes him a free man and raising corruption by 99.99%.

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ptimes: The pension boss will also forfeit property.

An Abuja High Court has sentenced a former head of the Police Pension Board, Yakubu Yusuf, to two years in prison.

He pleaded guilty to the embezzlement of N23.3 billion and is to forfeit property valued at N325 million.

He was given an option of N250 thousand to avoid the jail sentence.

Details later…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/117515-breaking-news-abuja-court-sentences-police-pension-boss-to-2yrs-in-prison-for-embezzling-n23bn.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-news-abuja-court-sentences-police-pension-boss-to-2yrs-in-prison-for-embezzling-n23bn

I wonder why they didn't take the guy to sharia court so they can cut off his two hands.shame on a law that sentences the poor to life imprisonment and becomes soft on the rich.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by nagoma(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: Heavenly bargain, Incentive to steal public funds and an Inspiration for other aspiring looters! Beauty of having bigger thieves at the helms of affair.
#EveryoneKnowsThatCrimePaysAndEverybodyDoesIt# in Nigeria.

After forfeighting those properties and paying the fine, The balance in his pocket is exactly 23 billion 974 Million and 750 thousand Naira Only. a total of 0.014 percent of the money returned is being return to government as punishment.There is no other business that can yield this profit , Courtesy the PDP government of Jona.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Maxymilliano(m): 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is wrong... Definitely wrong...

This was part of what Obama envisaged when he talked about Africa, nay Nigeria building strong institutions, rather than strong men.

The law is an ass, and this is indeed a miscarriage of justice and should be condemned in all entirety.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by SELFWORTH: 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is a disgusting sentence.

I pray that God gives him and his conspirators the sentence he deserves. Amen.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Cruxxy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
I blame Goodluck. Hoh haah!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
The judge is his partner in crime. If it's a poor man, he will be sentence to 25yrs imprisonment infact God 'll deal with dem
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by yomip3t(m): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
NORMAL THING !
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Maxymilliano(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
nagoma:
There is no other business that can yield this profit , Courtesy the PDP government of Jona.

People like you will never cease to amaze me with your jaundice opinion, what does the president have to do with this and did you bother to check when the aforementioned case was instituted against the rogue pension boss and the years under scrutiny before arriving at your conclusion?
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Jalal(m): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
This judgement is a crime against humanity!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Innocent314: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Our judiciary or lawyers re nt sincere at all. Y? Look at d money POLICE PENSIONS BOSS was caught with? Look at his property? How come d judge will give a corrupts & comfirm boss 2yrs sentence / 250k wat? This judgement is very poor dt y Nigeria ll nt neva settle. If it were to b An ordinary man who was caught & charge to court 4 theft(100k or less) wound av b sentence to either btw 3-7yrs jails without alternative
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by harrisnimasa(m): 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
Its well! i paid 10,000 naira to bail a friend for violating lagos state environmental sanitation law..if nt he would have spend 1 month in jail...compare the two...just like one of the comment made by one of the guys..i feel like committing suicide..i am extremely angry even as am typing this,i lack words to express how ill i feel about this evil judgment..my God will surely take over this case..Psm 34:16 his face is against them that do evil,to cut off the rememberance of them frm the earth

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by try69: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
This man killed more people than the henry okah guy that was sentenced to life imprisonment..smh
Buhari for 2015 abeg
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by nagoma(m): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Maxymilliano:

People like you will never cease to amaze me with your jaundice opinion, what does the president have to do with this and did you bother to check when the aforementioned case was instituted against the rogue pension boss and the years under scrutiny before arriving at your conclusion?

Who should be blamed in your opinion when justice is not working in a democratic country with a government and an elected president who claims to be fighting corruption? Please answer me, and be honest.

4 Likes

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by naja2: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
oddy4real: Let us blame GEJ as usual. Shall we?
I hate to curse but i have to now! YOU ARE A FOOL. If GEJ was above board you think any stupid judge will try such, but ofcourse everybody know say oga sef be thieve. So you think the corrupt judges cant tell when the C in C is neck deep in corruption. So how do you think it happened when Ribadu was efcc boss that he got over 150 criminal convictions from the same Nigeria judiciary, and ever since Gej not one single soul has gone to jail for stealing 1m and above yet in the history of humanity no people have ever been looted like this. Carry on praising ur inept Gej just because of ur silly 40 man laptop allowance. Say hi to reno!

3 Likes

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Ishilove: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
try69: This man killed more people than the henry okah guy that was sentenced to life imprisonment..smh
Buhari for 2015 abeg
No let Jakumo hear you o. The guy go use big English give you uppercut. cheesy
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
Which way Nigeria? I bet after the court case he'll have sycophants outside the courtroom steps chanting his name like he's the savior of mankind. But why?
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Why don't they impose sharia here and cut off his hand or both?
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by 1shortblackboy: 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
In a state of lawlessness it is unlawful to be law abiding he who has an ear let him hear
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by ibide(m): 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by oba009(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ptimes: The pension boss will also forfeit property.

An Abuja High Court has sentenced a former head of the Police Pension Board, Yakubu Yusuf, to two years in prison.

He pleaded guilty to the embezzlement of N23.3 billion and is to forfeit property valued at N325 million.

He was given an option of N250 thousand to avoid the jail sentence.

Details later…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/117515-breaking-news-abuja-court-sentences-police-pension-boss-to-2yrs-in-prison-for-embezzling-n23bn.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-news-abuja-court-sentences-police-pension-boss-to-2yrs-in-prison-for-embezzling-n23bn
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Youngzedd(m): 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
seanet01: Na wa o. Just two (2) years for embezzling 23 billion naira meant for Pensioners?
Hundreds if not thousands of former policemen who have put their life on the line fighting hardened criminals here and there will have die as a result of untold hardship meted out on them trying to get their deserved Pay.
Walahi he no go better for the Judge wey hand out this Judgement.
Na thunder go strike him.

Na thunder go fire all of them both the judge.

Just common 2 yrs, the money is up to a state budget for a year.

Not their fault because the fathers are parking theirs, imagine Jona and Co destroyed the 67billion USD, what do you expect others to do.

Jona and late president suppose go HELL FIRE alive.
Imagine satan him self no too wicked like this naaa.

You see 9ja if poor man or middle class steat a token of 250 million they will spend minimum of 20 yrs or even life. Rich man steat huge amount in billion na only 2 days they gave him.

Which way forward NIGERIA?

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by kamez(m): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
I'm ashamed to call myself a citizen of dis country.. 23billion naira and all he could get is 2yrs wit even an option of fine! After ruining the lives of so many pensioners.. He ll rot in hell

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Carlmax(m): 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
Am in tears as I type this... We are finished in this nation. The pension dude and d judge should be shot... Where is "boko are rams" when u need them.. Smh
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by harrisnimasa(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
Based on my calculation if u spend 10,000 daily it will take u 266 years to finsh 1billion then multiply that by 23 billion..Men is becos the judge underated Efcc and a weak Efcc is a function,or product of a weak govt...GEJ is truelly weaaak...Allll blames goes to mr president.

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Youngzedd(m): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
kamez: I'm ashamed to call myself a citizen of dis country.. 23billion naira and all he could get is 2yrs wit even an option of fine! After ruining the lives of so many pensioners.. He ll rot in hell

What a country.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by omoalaro: 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
I read this joke sometimes ago.It is something like:
Now, answer this question.
Nigeria is in:
A) Europe
B) Asia
C) Trouble
D) America

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Another Destruction Ordered By Ihedioha In Owerri / Boy Dies As Halliru Jika, Lawmaker Throws Money In Bauchi / Demolition: Victor Nnam Disowns Marked Property In Dimond Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.