Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria (3962 Views)

Presidency Denies Plot To Rig Kogi Election / MEND Denies Any Links With APC, Restates Support For Buhari / National Vice-Chairman of the PDP in the South-East, denies plot against Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Idokojimmy: 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Henry Okah: MEND disowns threat to crumble Nigeria
on JANUARY 29, 2013 · in NEWS
12:46 pm

By Emma Amaize
WARRI- THE Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta, MEND, Monday, disowned, the threat, last week, purportedly by the group, to tear apart Nigeria over the conviction of Henry Okah for terrorism in South Africa.

One Comrade Azizi, in a statement, last Wednesday, supposedly on behalf of MEND, said the group would collapse the country, adding that massive earthquake would be triggered with nuclear warheads to destroy oil wells, oil pipelines and refineries.

However, MEND’s spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, in an electronic mail rebutting the claim said,  The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) wishes to advise Nigerians and the media to disregard the pathetic attempt at propaganda by a so-called Comrade Azizi and his statements,  which are not authentic and statements emanating from  MEND.”

His words, “As claimed by this Comrade Azizi, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) would like to clarify the following:”

Mr Henry Okah is NOT and has never been viewed as the leader or founder of MEND,  but rather known as a sympathiser and supporter of our cause

Our fighters are freedom fighters who are fighting for justice, the emancipation of the Niger Delta and control of our God- given resources and not assassins,  as stated by this so-called Comrade Azizi

Our struggle is NOT and has never been about the disintegration of Nigeria or a North and South fight as stated by this so-called Comrade Azizi

“With regards to the trial, judgement and sentencing of Henry Okah and other Niger- Delta indigenes, we will issue a full formal statement in due course stating our views and plans for the future,” the statement added.  

He said, “The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) would once again strongly urge Nigerians and the media to disregard any statement from this person.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/henry-okah-mend-disowns-threat-to-crumble-nigeria/
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Omojuo: 3:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmm what a relief.
First to comment.
Make I drink water, I dey come
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by MurphyT1: 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
So who de heck is dis comrade Azizi, pple will just sit and decide to initiate problems frm their homes, dis dude needs to be arrested for threatening de soveriegnty of this country. Good a thing, Henry Okah relationship with them has bin clarified. We pray for peace in this country, Lord plz help us
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by ibide(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
Henry all hope is not lost one niger / deltans are going to regret what they did to u we love u
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Idokojimmy: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2013
When will Nigeria know true peace?
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Lets look at Eqypt and Syria. The price of Revolution is not a sweet potato pie. Internet warriors always wanting to use the information cyber highway to instill fear on the populace. I think we need cyber police.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Chubhie: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2013
What depth can a once acclaimed gaint of africa go? When rebels and freedom fighters start playing ten ten with the psyche of the masses and the govt seem hapless you know say water don pass that which can not be mentioned.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by chosen04(f): 9:54am On Jan 30, 2013
So why was the South African Judge telling us that HENRY OKAH is the founder and leader of MEND as well as JOMO GBOMO
when he was only just a sympathiser?

Its becoming much more clearer that his conviction is very political.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by adeyak83(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2013
9ja with Gabage in Gabage out talk...all d way sha... peace & unity 4 lyf
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by julius2825(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2013
Idokojimmy: When will Nigeria know true peace?
please jimmy,do i know you,cause ur name is so familiar,do u attend st. Margret comprehensive college?
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by dederocs(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Idokojimmy: Henry Okah: MEND disowns threat to crumble Nigeria
on JANUARY 29, 2013 · in NEWS
12:46 pm

By Emma Amaize
WARRI- THE Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta, MEND, Monday, disowned, the threat, last week, purportedly by the group, to tear apart Nigeria over the conviction of Henry Okah for terrorism in South Africa.

One Comrade Azizi, in a statement, last Wednesday, supposedly on behalf of MEND, said the group would collapse the country, adding that massive earthquake would be triggered with nuclear warheads to destroy oil wells, oil pipelines and refineries.

However, MEND’s spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, in an electronic mail rebutting the claim said,  The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) wishes to advise Nigerians and the media to disregard the pathetic attempt at propaganda by a so-called Comrade Azizi and his statements,  which are not authentic and statements emanating from  MEND.”

His words, “As claimed by this Comrade Azizi, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) would like to clarify the following:”

Mr Henry Okah is NOT and has never been viewed as the leader or founder of MEND,  but rather known as a sympathiser and supporter of our cause

Our fighters are freedom fighters who are fighting for justice, the emancipation of the Niger Delta and control of our God- given resources and not assassins,  as stated by this so-called Comrade Azizi

Our struggle is NOT and has never been about the disintegration of Nigeria or a North and South fight as stated by this so-called Comrade Azizi

“With regards to the trial, judgement and sentencing of Henry Okah and other Niger- Delta indigenes, we will issue a full formal statement in due course stating our views and plans for the future,” the statement added.  

He said, “The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) would once again strongly urge Nigerians and the media to disregard any statement from this person.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/henry-okah-mend-disowns-threat-to-crumble-nigeria/
whoever this gbomo jomo is-he is an intelligentsia...real soldier.this is a real group fighting for their rights.i must say i respect this guy-they stay focus and carry through their scope of vision.bravo.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by 1800bc(f): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Lets look at Eqypt and Syria. The price of Revolution is not a sweet potato pie. Internet warriors always wanting to use the information cyber highway to instill fear on the populace. I think we need cyber police.

YES O! we need cyber police if its possible to police the internet cos the internet is a cheap medium for spilling things from dirty stomachs and empty heads where gullible Nigerians just swallow,hook, line, sinker and the fishing boat plus the fisherman.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by warrior101: 11:12am On Jan 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Lets look at Eqypt and Syria. The price of Revolution is not a sweet potato pie. Internet warriors always wanting to use the information cyber highway to instill fear on the populace. I think we need cyber police.

And to think that i posted the the threat message on my facebook makes me look foolish angry
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by karlnyeno: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2013
God, pls help Nigerians. There is too much poverty in dis country, No jobs, learning environment is not conducive at all. Too much suffering
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by wasiudvd(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2013
Oga what r dey fighting for? Jomo gbomo ko, gbomo gbomo ni. All of them are fighting for dia pocket, Henry go do pass himself, he enter hot water for SA.the azizi guy too wan take dat chance make money.
Dey will release official statement latter abi? God dey.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by bubadaniel13: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
It shows how some criminals are looking for cheap popularity, that's why i didn't loose sleep when i saw the nonsense that Anzizi wrote in the first place,abeg make i go read my books exams is at hand...
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by slimming: 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Goodluck o
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by confusion247(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
ibide: Henry all hope is not lost one niger / deltans are going to regret what they did to u we love u
Niger Delta elders and leaders should be ashamed of themselves. They should bury their faces in the mud. Henry was accused of one bombing only and his people abandoned him. Boko haram have bombed more than fifty targets, but northerners stood behind them. No boko haram member have been convicted. Those that was arrested have been arranged to escape from custody.
Shame on the so called Niger delta freedom fighters. Continue to fight for your individual pocket.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by confusion247(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
ibide: Henry all hope is not lost one niger / deltans are going to regret what they did to u we love u
Niger Delta elders and leaders should be ashamed of themselves. They should bury their faces in the mud. Henry was accused of one bombing only and his people abandoned him. Boko haram have bombed more than fifty targets, but northerners stood behind them. No boko haram member have been convicted. Those that was arrested have been arranged to escape from custody.
Shame on the so called Niger delta freedom fighters. Continue to fight for your individual pocket.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by gerald09(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
WOT d f is wrong wif these people, if they ® really sincere even within demselves dey should start learning how to have 1 voice
First MEND wats to break nigeria now they denied sayin it
Boko haram is negotiating a cease fire, now they denied saying it.
People there is sometin known as honesty even amongst thieves and criminals. U have to stick to d code. (ONE VOICE)
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
The so-called Comrade Azizi merely wants to gain some cheap popularity so he merely used the name MEND.
Okay o, now we know that you, could you now go and sleep and await your arrest plzzzz
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by warrior101: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
gerald09: WOT d f is wrong wif these people, if they ® really sincere even within demselves dey should start learning how to have 1 voice
First MEND wats to break nigeria now they denied sayin it
Boko haram is negotiating a cease fire, now they denied saying it.
People there is sometin known as honesty even amongst thieves and criminals. U have to stick to d code. (ONE VOICE)

More like a sworn oath.. Otherwise, they are just like boy scout compared to real big time soldiers...
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by lekkie073(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
boko harm ceasefire, Mend denies planning to disintegrate Nigeria. the fear of Nigeria military is the apex of wisdom. grin
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
warrior101:

And to think that i posted the the threat message on my facebook makes me look foolish angry

So, what exactly are you trying to imply?

Am sure your readers/friends are fully aware of the capability of your frontal lobe.
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by warrior101: 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
T9ksy:

So, what exactly are you trying to imply?

Am sure your readers/friends are fully aware of the capability of your frontal lobe.

keep fooling yourself... using different username to attack me. it's a faceless forum i don't mind... Sorrow guts
Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by Wendyslim(f): 10:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
Na Wah oooooo, everybody just dey brag of breaking up 9ja. Abeg 9ja na glass

1 Like

Re: MEND Denies Plot To Break-Up Nigeria by honestivo(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2013
I hope this struggle is stil on cos after d ceasefire there is no significant development in d niger delta which was d bane of our struggle.

(1) (Reply)

Reason For The Fight...niger Delta Avengers (pic) / Troops At Parisu, Shekau's Headquarter In Sambisa - SK Usman (Photo) / Buhari Breaks Electoral Act By Campaigning With 2 Govs From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.