Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 - Sports (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 (131497 Views)

Burkina Faso Vs Togo - AFCON 2013 (1 - 0) On February 3rd 2013 / South Africa Vs Mali - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 3) On Penalties On 2nd February 2013 / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Blueeyedboi(m): 12:03am On Feb 04, 2013
Blue-eyed boi:
Who be ivory coast...taaaaaa we go cane dem..who won bet me?..Keshi keep yobo's arse on dat bench and watch my young defenders take care of drogba and gervinho...naija for eva!!
...i dedicate this victory to all the true fans for believing against all odds...now lets go get the damn trophy...we've waited 19years for it...naija till i drop!..i rest my case..

4 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Eifeh(m): 12:04am On Feb 04, 2013
Nightshift: Euro Sports(where i watched the match)commentator said that Sunday Mba plays for Enugu Rangers Int. Could he be wrong ?
rangers buy him dis season
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by LeJeun3: 12:15am On Feb 04, 2013
The Book of AFCON 13: 1- 14
1. And d day came, even d day of the Lord, this Sunday.
2. That the adversary of Nigeria, these Ivorians came threatening
3. And Stephen, the son of Keshi, the commander of Nigeria Army entreated d praying Nigerians to pray
4. And in churches and mosques, in mountains and camps prayers were offered
5. And behold on d battle ground, the army, these super eagles fought forcing d Ivorians 2 retreat
6. But their champion, this Goliath called Drogba, a Nigerian exile known before as Aderogba came flanked by his generals
7. Even world famous generals -Toure,­ Eboue, Kalou, Gervinho,..
taking the battle to the Nigerians
8. But the Spirit of God stirred one son of Mba, even the one called Sunday, the least in the Nigerian camp
9. And thus he said 2 the commander, Who is this uncircumcized Ivorian that he should defy the armies of the giant of Africa,
10. And he was told to sit down that even Mikel, Victor, Yobo, .....
these warriors that have done battle in far countries cannot dare this Goliath, Drogba,
11. And he told the commander for this purpose was I named Sunday, to do battle on the day of the Lord,
12. And the commander, Keshi urged him go
13. And Sunday arose and caused harvoc in the camp of the Ivorians
14. And the armies Ivory Coast, these adversaries of Nigerian was utterly destroyed.
MAY GOD BLESS THE READING OF HIS WORD!!!

17 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by dabossman(m): 12:42am On Feb 04, 2013
Una no go go sleep?
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by cciojazz: 12:43am On Feb 04, 2013
Wise words oh pastor. Blessed be the name of the Lord, for He is great and He has smithen our enemies

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by fxjohn2: 12:53am On Feb 04, 2013
Mehn super eagles have the cup no shaken. MR SEUN where is my own share of the dollars?
valpraiso: If Eagles win this game i will drop five thousand dollars for Nairaland fans and members to collect. Just comment on my post and you will get ur share via SEUN OSEWA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 04, 2013
Haha. I told Mukina on Saturday that this thread would reach 60 pages; but it even surpassed my expectation.
87 pages is unbelievable grin. I hereby congratulate the Super Eagles for a fine victory over the Ivoriens (I came back from Church about 2 hrs ago. lol)
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Reference(m): 4:38am On Feb 04, 2013
agabaI23:

He coached Togo and Mali which are both francophone countries. I was pleasantly surprised initially. I am impressed though.

You also forgot that he played his pro soccer in Belgium. I presume that's where the lingo stuck.

Hope his time with Mali will place him in good stead to deliver. At least he knows how they think and probably has some assets left there behind closed doors.

Still maintain my stand. S.E will do well. Keshi just has to make those important changes in good time. Victor Moses has turned out to be a great steal from England.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by bedford101(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2013
[size=18pt]this goes to Mukina, you hv seen for urself? how eh be now? u de go hide your post sh-a-me lol tongue tongue tongue[/size]
[size=16pt]
GOOD MORNING GREAT NAIJA SUPPORTERS TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE ENCOURAGING THE SE GOD NEVER LET YOU DOWN
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Adufaye(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2013
Havilah93:

errm...

Maybe you should take a look at his saving tackle on lasina Traore again, and have a rethink
na 1 gud tin u wan use jugde 99bad,hw many tru pas did he make? Hw many distance did he cova? He was just der guildin his opponent,showin power he dosent hv
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by chikeorji123(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2013
Pls this upcoming match b/w chelsea & wigan who de home?.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by safarigirl(f): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2013
LeJeun3: The Book of AFCON 13: 1- 14
3. And Stephen, the son of Keshi, the commander of Nigeria Army entreated d praying Nigerians to pray
5. And behold on d battle ground, the army, these super eagles fought forcing d Ivorians 2 retreat
6. But their champion, this Goliath called Drogba, a Nigerian exile known before as Aderogba came flanked by his generals
8. But the Spirit of God stirred one son of Mba, even the one called Sunday, the least in the Nigerian camp
9. And thus he said 2 the commander, Who is this uncircumcized Ivorian that he should defy the armies of the giant of Africa,
these warriors that have done battle in far countries cannot dare this Goliath, Drogba,
11. And he told the commander for this purpose was I named Sunday, to do battle on the day of the Lord,
14. And the armies Ivory Coast, these adversaries of Nigerian was utterly destroyed.
Bros, this is brilliant, you should be writing Bibles
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Scorpiow(m): 8:39am On Feb 04, 2013
wow! I love this epistle. I can't just stop laughing. Old boy permit me 2 share dis on my facebook page with my fans.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by crusufixo(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2013
All that is needed now is to maintain this tempo !!!. If they do, he trophy is surely theirs. I just hope that this is the begining of good things to come as far as the eagles is concerned.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by adevest: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Congrats to Eagles and Nigeria on reaching the semi finals. The eagles came out to play today and were rewarded with a sweet victory. I don’t think it is right to condemn those nairalanders that did not give the Eagles a chance against the Ivoriens. The eagles that played against the Ivoriens played with a different mentality compared to what we saw in the group stages. They were aggressive and at the same time played confidently. They took the game to the Ivoriens and fought hard for all the balls. If they had played like that in the group stages, I don’t think anyone will write them off. Again, the team is a work in progress. I hope the NFF and the sports ministry keep Keshi until after the 2014 world cup adventure and then hire a foreign coach to lead Nigeria to 2018 world cup. Even though we have few local coaches that are well rated , I do believe that a first class foreign coach will be best for the Super Eagles at the world cup in 2018. That is just my opinion and I have considered many factors before reaching that conclusion.If the Eagles failed to win this nations Cup, I am satisfied with their performance today for it showed that the players are not as bad as I thought and Keshi is not a disappointment after all. The display I saw today has been the best Eagles performance in a long time and I am really proud of them even if they had ended without a win tonight.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by gentlegg(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2013
I don laugh tire for my office here ooo. What a hilarious Bible-like write up. If no be say Bible don complete, you for write one chapter join am.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by malipalina: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2013
Where was d ranting Emmanuel ebouue? His voodoo prediction could not help him neither. D 1st time he was seen in d field was actually when he was down. He never knew yesterday was super eagle not super chicken as usual. I tink this should be a lesson to him n CIV .
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by searay(m): 9:54am On Feb 04, 2013
Wale112: Ghana vs Mali in the final third place Match
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Burger01(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2013
bizwax: Nigeria vs. Mali has sports and political ramifications....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by brownlord: 10:36am On Feb 04, 2013

I duff terribly sir, nyx one
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by sododo(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2013
Boastful Eboue eats his words, apologises to Nigeria

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by femi4: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=25pt]This goes to Mr Seun,
I think this is an abuse of power by MUKINA2 to be hiding her post after making derogatory comments about Super Eagles[/size]
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by damosky12(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
malipalina: Where was d ranting Emmanuel ebouue? His voodoo prediction could not help him neither. D 1st time he was seen in d field was actually when he was down. He never knew yesterday was super eagle not super chicken as usual. I tink this should be a lesson to him n CIV .

that guy isnt Eboue. It is a mocking Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by maumau1: 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
welldone eagles.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by k2039: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
Steezz: These are some of d shameless cowards dat spoke negatively of Naija...Alaoeri, mukina, k2039, valpraiso, symphony, huni-naija, dabrake, brownlord, j-mistique, 4bobo, repogirletc. I hope they bury their cowardly heads in shame grin
How does that make me a coward, that I doubted that Nigeria would have beaten Ivory Coast.
If you were objective before the match, you will understand that their group stage matches were notjing to write home about.

By the way I wondered what most of you would have said had they lost the match.
I pray our team wins the cup because I'm sure anything less will attract criticism from people like you(that I'm sure of).
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by molasautos(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
we thank GOD
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
k2039: How does that make me a coward, that I doubted that Nigeria would have beaten Ivory Coast.
If you were objective before the match, you will understand that their group stage matches were notjing to write home about.

NO. It is YOU who needs to understand that you do not take nations like Ethioipia and Burkina Faso for granted by assuming Nigeria should just roll over them as if they weren't there. It is YOU who needs to change your simplistic, LAZILY ARROGANT attitude to African football, and get it into your head that a there are no longer minnow nations in African football. And that Nigeria can play a tight game with Ethiopia without being a 'poor team'. Every nation at the AFCON is there on merit, after battling hard to qualify. Don't sniff your nose at them. I'm sure you insulted the Super Eagles after their 1-1 draw with Cape Verde in a friendly prior to AFCON. In your mind, they should have given Cape Verde 10-0. But now we see that Cape Verde are no mugs, and are a genuine squad that can mix it with Africa's best. So learn to appreciate even slim victories by the SE against ANY African team.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Mikel Obi's House In London And His Cars (photos) / Nigeria Vs Brazil (2 - 4) U-20 World Cup On June 1st 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.