Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings (25899 Views)

Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures / Are Kelvin Okafor's Portraits Fake? / Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by manmustwac(m): 2:57am On Jan 31, 2013
TimePiece: this is just awesome! shocked
I still find it difficult to believe that they're pencil works.
Trust me they are all pencil work the guy was on local TV here in london two days ago
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by SisiKill1: 2:58am On Jan 31, 2013
Whoa! This is soooooo impressive!

Honestly some people are just immensely blessed with an over abundance of talent!!!

Now this is art one will be proud to buy.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by StarFlux: 2:59am On Jan 31, 2013
Amazing!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by SisiKill1: 3:02am On Jan 31, 2013
delors: I am also very good...its just that they are yet to discover my talent...
I used my pencil and crayon to draw Asa yesterday...If not for NEPA, I would have done better...check the image my work below...I hope she pays at least N1000 for this...e nor easy na...

Lmao! cheesy cheesy

Considering the Nepa disadvantage. ...you get an AAA+

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by coolsamba(m): 3:09am On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Lexusgs430: 3:10am On Jan 31, 2013
gluv01:
Lmao....chei, iyaf laff my belle out o, because i said I wish he was my bf cheesy...i haven't seen ur work so how am i to conclude that indeed u can...show me what u've got. Or better still do u mind giving me a portrait of myself? kiss

I can also give you a portrait, but my area of specialization is nu.de portraits. When do you want to come visit me @ my studio?

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by redcliff: 3:15am On Jan 31, 2013
Rocktation:

Lol. This is just hilarious. What, you think Americans allow these artists to be hallmarked for something they don't actually do? Really? My brother, if they say he uses only charcoal on slate, then by God, he does exactly that!
I don't understand my Naija people oo. Every one us seem to think that we can play detective and nail these artists better than our oyinbo counterparts can.

No, no no. Don't get me wrong. I'm saying that he's so good that it would be hard to differntiate his work from a coloured picture converted to grayscale.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by solomon111(m): 3:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Those british mupetts did not even bother to put his country of origin in the report.
If he were a criminal,Nigeria would have been boldly written throughout the article.

7 Likes

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by redcliff: 3:24am On Jan 31, 2013
Ejiné:

Bros... I got this from your site:

These caricatures, I really don't know what to call sha...

Your "Don Jazzy" looks more like Dr Dre

Your 'Omotola' looks like Kerry Washington

Your "Genevieve" looks more like Grace Jones

and your 'DBanj'? OMG

But hey, atleast the Ruggedman and 9ice caricatures are on point cool

Lol. Abeg leave him alone jor. He wan use him skills catch babe and u dey knock job for am. Trust me, if this blackspittle guy had furthered his skills in art especially abroad, he'l be 1,000 times better than he is now or more.. Schools like SCAD, academy of art uni bring out a part of you -you would never think you had. Not even if you had a thousand years to do so yourself. They are good like that. They make you exceptional. I wonder how they do that. But whatsup with the blackspittle moniker. The last I know spittle na saliva wey person throway from mouth. So the black of it na (only God knows) bro u need to change that name. It won't be welcomed by all when you start making headways in your field.

Rubbish country.

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by princeonx: 4:20am On Jan 31, 2013
gluv01: Wow...this is wonderful

A series of pencil drawings by a north London artist has been amazing art critics.

Kelvin Okafor, from Tottenham, has scooped a number of national awards and exhibited art galleries across the country.

The 27-year-old Middlesex University Fine Art graduate's drawings are often mistaken for photographs.

Sarah Harris reports.

He is from Nigeria but stays in Tottenham. His art works are usually mistaken for photos. Fantastic art works. [b]One of his art work or any is sold for £10,000 which is approximately #265,000 in Nigerian currency. [/b]That is the minimum amount especially depending on who or what he is painting. If he is to paint the queen of England it should be a higher amount. And to the surprise of people, his work sells quickly and to a lot of people. Very profitable I must say. cheesy (hehehehe ...these yankee babes go start wetin them sabi now, he'll look more attractive to them now. Wish he was my bf, just kidding o please.)
Meet Kelvin Okafor, an amazing artist whose drawings most people insist are photographs.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968098_KO6_jpeg66ff5d063f3c6a2634c876fd4baec0a8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968099_KO7_jpeg477856c5929dcb79e5cfb2466110419d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968100_KO3_jpeg2c31c7341dbddc3ae78033d3553715b5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968101_KO8_jpege46138e31da80c44987556a9c9116108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LlSb-6DuIQ

view more of his work:

facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelvin-Okafor-Art/109909719036016
twitter - @kelvinokaforart
blog - http://kelvinokaforart..com
youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Kokaforart
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21234214
£10,000 can't be #265,000 or you meant £1,000?

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by princeonx: 4:22am On Jan 31, 2013
^^
Ooopps! Didn't mean to copy/quote everything! All well!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Raxxye(m): 4:26am On Jan 31, 2013
U mean these are produced from just pencils and charcoals on paper? Wow; this guy is good!

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by aieromon(m): 4:35am On Jan 31, 2013
I'm impressed.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by onila(f): 4:46am On Jan 31, 2013
delors: I am also very good...its just that they are yet to discover my talent...
I used my pencil and crayon to draw Asa yesterday...If not for NEPA, I would have done better...check the image my work below...I hope she pays at least N1000 for this...e nor easy na...
grin grin
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by BakersWorld: 4:58am On Jan 31, 2013
Wow!!!! Those drawings are amazing!!!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 31, 2013
The Rhianna's pic is a drawing?! I need to show my friend this, what number of pencil did he use for her jeans? Are u sure a Lil "editing" is not involved??
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 31, 2013
May God bless the day he was born.The work of his hands are now bringing him riches.Indeed our Country Nigeria is blessed just that the Government can't just create an enabling environment so that such talents could thrive
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by omenka(m): 5:22am On Jan 31, 2013
These drawings could give life to a dying man! Indescribably amazing!

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by richs(m): 6:06am On Jan 31, 2013
i have seen paintings before and was not expecting any surprise but now i believe because i am viewing through a computer screen my vision is playing games these "art work"look like photography its rare talent
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 31, 2013
Is he still single? I can draw too you know, the two of us can make a wonderful couple....

Don't quote me o cheesy
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by scopusng(m): 6:21am On Jan 31, 2013
Story.All fake.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 31, 2013
Awesome!!! Always dreamt of something like this, someone who would be able to do this sort of stuff, and he is finally born, a fellow nigeria. Awesome!!!#bows#
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 31, 2013
i think i have the right not to believe this.... cos i dont....it is UNBELIEVABLE.

BTW £10,000 is 2.65million naira. not 265K
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by cfours: 6:42am On Jan 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by hagma37yahoocom: 6:47am On Jan 31, 2013
Wise-talk:
There are two things that easily bring fulfillment in life, first is what u love and the second is what brings you money. If what you love is also what brings you money, then you are certainly on top of your career. If the reverse is the case, it may leave you miseable. This is why there are a lot of frustrated graduates and on the other end, there are so many happy self-employed individuals.
Brother,wherever you are and whenever you come back and go through this thread, just know that somebody somewhere is saying thank you for your post.i have being confused for some years about my happiness and depression. i work as a graduate and earn at least over hundred thousand every month but yet i m not a fully happy single with no burden. your post today made me realize exactly what went wrong "What you love and What is bringing you money" If what you love is not what is bringing you money it will often result to depression. I would try and work on it. or if you got another encouraging idea please post it ok.

2 Likes

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by theripper: 7:03am On Jan 31, 2013
Okafor ji ogwu ojo o o. Excellento
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 31, 2013
This is truly awesome.I'm an artist myself but I'm nowhere near this guy.I'd like to know how he does it.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Ivynwa(f): 7:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Cameras show us pictures of persons, Kelvin's pencil delves deeper.
He shows the very life and soul of a person to viewers through his drawing.
What a talent!

Wise-talk:
There are two things that easily bring fulfillment in life, first is what u love and the second is what brings you money. If what you love is also what brings you money, then you are certainly on top of your career. If the reverse is the case, it may leave you miseable. This is why there are alot of frustrated graduates and on the other end, there are so many happy self-employed individuals.

hagma37@yahoo.com:

Brother,wherever you are and whenever you come back and go through this thread, just know that somebody somewhere is saying thank you for your post.i have being confused for some years about my happiness and depression. i work as a graduate and earn at least over hundred thousand every month but yet i m not a fully happy single with no burden. your post today made me realize exactly what went wrong "What you love and What is bringing you money" If what you love is not what is bringing you money it will often result to depression. I would try and work on it. or if you got another encouraging idea please post it ok.

In as much as the quote above that inspired you is a nice one, don't forget that there are other side things/businesses one may not love very much but that still brings in the money. People diversify business interest in order to have many options that bring in money. All in all I agree that the persons doing what they love most for a living are not even working but having fun. grin grin
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 31, 2013
Rocktation:

Lol. This is just hilarious. What, you think Americans allow these artists to be hallmarked for something they don't actually do? Really? My brother, if they say he uses only charcoal on slate, then by God, he does exactly that!
I don't understand my Naija people oo. Every one us seem to think that we can play detective and nail these artists better than our oyinbo counterparts can.
which school did you go to sef? Under mango tree??
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by phreakabit(m): 7:23am On Jan 31, 2013
[size=18pt]One of his art work or any is sold for £10,000!!!!![/size] shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt]WHITE GIRLS GOING IN!!!!!![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Paintings / Amazing 3-D Pencil Sketches That Literally Leap Off The Pages / 10 Famous Ghost Pictures And Their Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.