Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? (4023 Views)

Guys..is Lipstick A Turn On Or A Turnoff? What Is Your Opinion? / Major Sexual Turnoff / Guys, Are Stretch Marks A Turn-off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by Mynd44: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2013
ITbomb:
Serious , I did a desktop research on it and got surprising findings.
Actually, it varies with each woman. What works for one might not work for the other and so it is adviced that you see your medical provider before choosing one that suits you. But the way you stated it there makes one think all forms of it is bad

1 Like

Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by ITbomb(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Actually, it varies with each woman. What works for one might not work for the other and so it is adviced that you see your medical provider before choosing one that suits you. But the way you stated it there makes one think all forms of it is bad
What matters is that the essence by which it performs its functions is the same for all.
Oral contraceptives, also known as the birth control pill supply the body with the synthetic versions of hormones progesterone and sometime estrogen.
These hormones attach themselves to to the cell walls and trick the body into believing that it is pregnant and consequently prevent the reproductive hormones from triggering ovulation so the egg is unable to implant into the uterine wall and therefore pregnancy cannot occur.
When the body feel the 'false' pregnancy, it begins to prepare itself by adding extra weight and sending milk forming hormones to the breast. however when it realises that 'it was tricked', the extra weight is shedded leading to the marks caused by the little stretch and the milk producing process is terminated halfway leading to softness [tenderness and falling of breazt] and in some cases the half formed milk molecules can turn cancerous.

Pills cause nausea, breast tenderness, irregular spotting, weight gain, mood changes or headaches

extra points from here:
www.ehealthforum.com/health/best-way-to-get-rid-of-the-stretch-marks-t290907-a1.html#axzz2JRn9puLM
Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2013
tomakint: Stretch mark shouldn't be a big deal and should not be a turn off to 'real guys' it normally occurs during rapid weight gain and pregnancy, fortunately, there are creams around at affordable prices to blend those marks with the colour of ur skin! What then happens if ur 'spotless babe' u so much loved had an accident and loses her 'beauty' you so much love to brag about? Character matters most than outward beauty, take note cool

well said...

1 Like

Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2013
gree-die:

okotorigba!!! u cant tell sarcasm wen u see one?
o chim.

LMAO @ okotorigba....lol
Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by sexybash(f): 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
my own strecth marks was due to excessive weight loss/gain at one time i was getting worried ,laser treatment is the best option if you have the money which cost you around 90k per session and you might need 3 or more sessions ,but for me i use doctor murad which costed me around (12K)per tube and i saw improvements even if as i dont use it religously undecided grin
Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
I really don't mind it. Every woman will get it because of weight/pregnancy things.
In a way it's.....kinda cute tongue to a point though.

1 Like

Re: Stretch Marks:a Huge Turnoff? by topsco(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
There are a number of factors that will affect whether one develops stretch marks or not,and these come down to:
Skin Type
Stretch marks tend to be associated more with darker-complexioned women than with lighter-complexioned women.
Family and Personal History
A large study found that over half of women with stretch marks had mothers with stretch marks,so there is a hereditary link.
Interestingly,it has been found that as you get older,you are less likely to develop stretch marks.
Weight
There is a direct association between the amount of weight gained,and the development of stretch marks.Bear in mind that it is better to focus on eating the correct healthy foods than to worry about how much weight you are putting on.
Skin Condition
Women that maintain a nutritious diet and keep their skin well-hydrated and supple are less likely to develop stretchmarks.
While most of the above factors are pre-determined,a topically-applied product like Bio-Oil is specifically formulated to help improve the skin’s condition.By working to maximise its elasticity,it keeps the skin supple,thereby helping to prevent the formation of stretch marks.

To me Stretch marks no b turn off,cos she may not have it at first but may have d tendency.for example,during weight gain,in pregnancy,or inherited.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Proud And Happy / When Your Girlfriend Starts Crying Out Of Love, See gifts she bought after that / See Photos Of Woman Who Survived Gunshot To Her Stomach That Make Her Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.