Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez (15852 Views)

Racism: South African Blacks Are Weak / Blacks Are Generally Being Slaughtered In Libya---obama Remain Silent. / Interesting Article, Destroying Myth Most Blacks Are On Welfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cap28: 12:41am On Jan 30, 2013
Black/African children - black children, are mostly being educated to feel inferior to the people of other racial groups. This apparent mis-education of African children is wrong, and it has serious consequences in Africa and among black people. We must end mis-education of African children. Join the struggle to liberate African mind, and educate African children properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEs-fEQ_wn4

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by braine(m): 1:27am On Jan 30, 2013
People will always have theories

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 30, 2013
^That isn't just a theory. Black people are actually covertly being taught to believe that they are inferior mostly through the use of mass media. How many times have you actually seen any of these major foreign television stations potray Africa in a good light? It is always one depressing story or another. If they are not broadcasting news about the wars in some African countries then they are showing images or footage of starving and dying poor Africans.
Even when it comes to giving awards for literary work, you would notice that it is mostly the African authors that write on the darker sides of their countries that get international renown ( Chimamanda for instance). There are deliberate attempts to keep Africans down by downplaying their successes and highlighting their failures, that is the truth it is not a theory.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by iebelieve(m): 4:19am On Jan 30, 2013
@braine, this is No theories....its so really..and i totally agree with d school of thought....
Dr. Umez's thoughts have historical proves.there is a document called d mandate dat was supposedly given to all d first african missionaries of the 1890s..and it was carelessly misplaved by one of d misionaries in kenya.........: d document in synopsis states:
1.teach them(africans) to read and not to reason.
2.teach them to focus and keep lookng unto the sky and neva into d ground
3. Teach them to believe in a supreme God and not their gods...
ETC etc
Inother words, d whites or colonial masters used religion to tactically get into d blackman land, they just taught our grand fore fathers to read, and dat was mainly the bible.they taught d 3Rs ...Read, Write and aRithmetics.....while our grandfore fathers exerted all their energies studyng the bible, d whites excerted all their energies developing scientifically.if u observe careful, most of the worlds invention were in d 1890 to the 1900s....
Til today, our schl curricum is built by them, evaluated by their methods and so on...and this is why there is a great difference bwteen our schls and theirs.

I 've d copy of the mandate in my inbox...i can send it to u if u're interested.....

@caps: if u 've any means of linking to Dr, umes, pls let me knw..i did like to follow and contribute my tots on hw to reshape d brainwashed minds of africans.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by hrmkz: 6:02am On Jan 30, 2013
When the black man's home is being developed by a white man, he who plays the piper dictates the tune!

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 30, 2013
iebelieve: @braine, this is No theories....its so really..and i totally agree with d school of thought....
Dr. Umez's thoughts have historical proves.there is a document called d mandate dat was supposedly given to all d first african missionaries of the 1890s..and it was carelessly misplaved by one of d misionaries in kenya.........: d document in synopsis states:
ETC etc
Inother words, d whites or colonial masters used religion to tactically get into d blackman land
Wouldn't this mean that some parts of the Bible were made up to deceive people?

3 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
fellis: ^That isn't just a theory. Black people are actually covertly being taught to believe that they are inferior mostly through the use of mass media. How many times have you actually seen any of these major foreign television stations potray Africa in a good light? It is always one depressing story or another. If they are not broadcasting news about the wars in some African countries then they are showing images or footage of starving and dying poor Africans.
Even when it comes to giving awards for literary work, you would notice that it is mostly the African authors that write on the darker sides of their countries that get international renown ( Chimamanda for instance). There are deliberate attempts to keep Africans down by downplaying their successes and highlighting their failures, that is the truth it is not a theory.

Well spoken.

Africans need to fight back in this cultural war. That's really what it is.

And why the hell is this not front page? Mods take note pls.

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by igbo2011(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Well spoken.

I agree, the mods need to put more uplifting things on front page to find ways to solve problems in Africa.

I posted this on my page: wwww.facebook.com/africanedp
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by JeSoul(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
igbo2011:

I agree, the mods need to put more uplifting things on front page to find ways to solve problems in Africa.

I posted this on my page: wwww.facebook.com/africanedp
ROSSIKE:

Well spoken.

I have submitted this thread to the supermods. In the future please post thread recommendations on the mod thread on top the page so it can get to the Front Page faster. Cheers.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Arosa(m): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
@topic, soo true!
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Why won't they feel inferior when they're been taught something that's not yours. So, you would ordinary feel inferior to those who own what you're learning.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Dibiachukwu: 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
See it is annoying when I see African people bitching when, in reality, they hold the sledge hammer. All you have to do is hit and hit very hard.

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cap28: 12:45am On Jan 31, 2013
iebelieve: @braine, this is No theories....its so really..and i totally agree with d school of thought....
ETC etc
Inother words, d whites or colonial masters used religion to tactically get into d blackman land, they just taught our grand fore fathers to read, and dat was mainly the bible.they taught d 3Rs ...Read, Write and aRithmetics.....while our grandfore fathers exerted all their energies studyng the bible, d whites excerted all their energies developing scientifically.if u observe careful, most of the worlds invention were in d 1890 to the 1900s....
Til today, our schl curricum is built by them, evaluated by their methods and so on...and this is why there is a great difference bwteen our schls and theirs.

I 've d copy of the mandate in my inbox...i can send it to u if u're interested.....

@caps: if u 've any means of linking to Dr, umes, pls let me knw..i did like to follow and contribute my tots on hw to reshape d brainwashed minds of africans.

bros here are Dr Umez's details:

Department of Government
Lee College, Box 818
Baytown, Texas 77522, USA, Phone: 832-731-7061

http://www.umez.com/index.html
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
ETC etc

The world has come along way.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds -- Bob Marley

The black man ought to look within and make peace with himself. We are humans, our imagination is the limit to what we can do.

The bible is no ordinary book. Spirituality is no replace for rational thinking. Grasp of human nature and cultures is fundamental to understanding our environment. The bible is a book of life and hold secrets including scientific ones. In one of the passages, it says, "the Lord hung the Earth on nothing". Stretch your imagination a bit further, you would understand that it suggests that there is a space inbetween which perhaps led to understanding gravity. The bible has been there before scientist proved this fact. Where did early scientist that theorized a lot things got their inspiration from? Weren't they a lot of clergymen who invented a lot of things ?

The Lord asked Job, "Do you know the laws of the universe?

What are the laws of the universe? Study of Natural philosophy; physical sciences as we call it today.

We should ask God for spiritual understanding of his word as it is written in the book of life. Instead we ask for material things as evident in our churches/societies today.

Wisdom is better than silver and Gold -- Bob Marley told his son at his last minutes.

The book of proverbs is a perfect guide to how we can approach life challenges. Our forefathers utilized this to push boundaries. The word of God gave them strength,wisdom and hope to persevere and they weren't complacent unlike what we see in our people today. It did not make them abandon their PRINCIPLES.

In the early African American community, the strong church foundation and to some extent Islam was a guide and imbibed values in them to challenge Earthly authority in truth and spirit. Most prestigious black colleges today were started by ministers who had nothing then but hope and dreams. Today, instead of priviledged African Americans who have made significant amount of wealth to donate to these schools, ensuring excellence and research, they are carried away by extreeme materialism and showmanship.

In the abundant of water, the fool is tasty-- Bob Marley

The Google guys have so far donated millions to Standford and the list goes on.

Our value system in our minds is faulty. We ought to tackle it and every other thing will be added including regaining our dignity from those tarnishing it and with the help of God, putting them to shame as they watch in awe the rise of new African Renaissance.

16 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Skywalker5(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
this is BS
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by BlackPeni5: 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
The only news shown in the foreign media about Africa are hunger, Poverty, Corruption, etc., while the good things go unmentioned.

The solution to Africa's problem can only come from within.

Until we learn to appreciate our own things, we'll never develop.

10 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by KINGwax(m): 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
ETC etc

it's typical, the black race are natural-born-blame-shifters!!! U jes need to blame someone for ur mismanagements!
The whites tot u all u need to knw, there lies no point in blaming them. Where in all ur studies were u tot d whites are superior?
Our former leaders were tot by whites, sent on scholarship abroad, did they come back to tell u their classes were different from their white counterpart? Were they tot a diff thing from the others in class?
Yet, from all indication, it appears that those who were being tot by whites appear a little smarter.
Our past leaders had grt visions for ds country. Visions dt wld av plcaed us in the right way. Policies not diff from wot was learnt abroad, until u lots come wit ur blackish mentality and corrupted evrytn.
Our past leaders fought the whitish domonation, u lots embrace it. u dropped ur culture for theirs, wanted to talk like them and all dt. Sometin our grt leaders fought against. Yet, they were trained by the colonial masters and u, forfeiting everytin to ur 'tryin to be superior' mentality, destroyed africa.
With the little knwldge in education. Policies in line wit culture wld av made us greater. Jes like our leaders did.
Pls, stop ds propaganda and strife to uphold ur culture. Stand on ur own and biliv in wot african tradition does.
Fightin the whites, blaming them, is in itself an act of cowardice. Hence, a brother to inferiority!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
fellis: ^That isn't just a theory. Black people are actually covertly being taught to believe that they are inferior mostly through the use of mass media. How many times have you actually seen any of these major foreign television stations potray Africa in a good light? It is always one depressing story or another. If they are not broadcasting news about the wars in some African countries then they are showing images or footage of starving and dying poor Africans.
.....AND BEFORE THE INVENTION OF THE MEDIA WHO TAUGHT THEM TO FEEL INFERIOR? DURING THE SLAVE TRADE ERA WHEN THEY SOLD OFF THEIR BROTHERS FOR PEANUTS AND YOU ALSO READ STORIES OF 'UNCLE TOMS' IN THE U.S. WAS THAT ALSO THE MEDIA? JUST ASKING. undecided

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Redmosquito(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2013

Black man
We shackle ourselves. Must we blame the man white of skin?

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by slenderdude: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
ETC etc

Jinad.olaitan@hotmail.com  would love †Φ have A̶̲̥̅ copy of the said mandate sire.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by blitz8701(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2013

I'm sorry my brother but I'd have to disagree with what you have said above. I can tell you of shows on cnn,bbc and algezera where they tell positive stories about africa that are uplifting and they show us africans that things are not as bad as we africans think they are, to quote a few, we get shows like african voices and inside africa from the cnn, north 2 south from algezera etc. Also I don't understand you when you complain about the western media showing starving and malnourished- children, remember that no other continent in the world actually starves more than the africans do. Its just my opinion my brother I don't mean to start any commotion, that's just the way I see it

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Ibangap(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
Black Peni5: The only news shown in the foreign media about Africa are hunger, Poverty, Corruption, etc., while the good things go unmentioned.

The solution to Africa's problem can only come from within.

Until we learn to appreciate our own things, we'll never develop.
In as much as i agree wit u abt wat dey show on foreign medias. But these things truly happen here in africa nd its being caused by africans nd der leaders. These people that understands wat life should be like are amazed at how we here in africa live and treat our very own so dey cry out, publish these situations for the world 2 see nd maybe lend a helping hand 2 dis situation.

3 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Krucifax(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
Inferiority complex as a trait is normally borne of personal character first before any outside influences become involved.

With regards to the Black thing, i think the Inferiority Complex mentioned in this thread applies mainly to "some" Blacks in White dominated Societies i.e Europe,North America, etc. If you have lived abroad (out of Africa) for a long time, you will notice there is a subtle but striking difference between Blacks who grew up in Africa and Black who grew up in the West!

I'll use myself as an example,born in the U.K but grew up in Nigeria before returning to the U.K. Someone like me grew up seeing Black Doctors,Engineers,Lawyer,Police,Politicians, etc basically Blacks running things and in control. This perspective formed my character therefore i grew up and walked round with my head held up with confidence and self-belief!

This is very different from a Black child who grew up in the West perhaps with an innate character of confidence but surrounded by events and a society that treats him and people like him like second class never-do-wells! After a while the child starts to believe that and it starts to mold his character. Only strong parenting can prevent this coupled with a personal strength of character!

This evidence is around for your to see in Educational and Entrepreneurial statistics one group has the belief and even expectation to do well,another group wants to do as they are told. It's not an easy phenomena to fight thats for sure!

3 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by theripper2: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2013
Missives and lectures like dis make me remember "Uncle Rukus" in Boondocks . In his satirical comments, he says d truth about the Black Man.

1 Like

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
NO ONE HAS THE POWER TO MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR. U JUST ACCEPT WHAT PEOPLE TELL U ABOUT URSELF THATS ALL. IF SOMEONE TREATS U AS AN INFERIOR BEING AND YOU FAIL TO TASK YOURSELF TO RISE ABOVE THAT PERSONS MYOPIC VIEWS THEN I DONT SEE HOW ITS THAT PERSON'S FAULT.

2 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
abegiiiii, playing the blame card again.
in case u dont know, africa had better hold their leaders accountable instead of passing the blame to the western world. Take a cue from china, japan korea etc
when will we stop trying to pass blame, it hasn't taken us anywhere.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
That is the real fact.if you think otherwise,then check out the educational policy of the Afrikaners during the apartheid in South Africa towards the black.

This is what all whites think about blacks.check out botha famous anti-black speech

[b] We are not obliged even the least to try to prove to anybody and to the Blacks that we are superior people. We have demonstrated that to the Blacks in a thousand and one ways.

We do not pretend like other Whites that we like Blacks. The fact that, Blacks look like human beings and act like human beings do not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles simply because they look alike. If God wanted us to be equal to the Blacks, he would have created us all of a uniform colour and intellect.

Nevertheless, it is comforting to know that behind the scenes, Europe, America, Canada, Australia-and all others are behind us in spite of what they say. For diplomatic relations, we all know what language should be used and where. To prove my point, Comrades, does anyone of you know a White country without an investment or interest in South Africa? Who buys our gold? Who buys our diamonds? Who trades with us? Who is helping us develop other nuclear weapon? The very truth is that we are their people and they are our people. It's a big secret. The strength of our economy is backed by America, Britain, Germany. It is our strong conviction, therefore, that the Black is the raw material for the White man.

By now every one of us has seen it practically that the Blacks cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other. They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives and indulging in sex.

Let us all accept that the Black man is the symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence. Isn't it plausible? therefore that the White man is created to rule the Black man? [/b]

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by cheddarking(m): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
Absolute rubbish.

The truth of the matter is while blacks have been repressed for centuries, many black people REFUSE to take responsibility for themselves and their actions -eager to blame the white man for their woes like Dr Umez here...

These days, the only thing that holds you back is you...regardless of your skin colour.

7 Likes

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Krucifax(m): 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ Bluetooth,where's your source pls?

~Bluetooth:

That is the real fact.if you think otherwise,then check out the educational policy of the Afrikaners during the apartheid in South Africa towards the black.

This is what all whites think about blacks.

Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by OluEmmaAss: 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
Which means they are intentionally conditioned to be backward. Hmmm!
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Darthmaul: abegiiiii, playing the blame card again.
in case u dont know, africa had better hold their leaders accountable instead of passing the blame to the western world. Take a cue from china, japan korea etc
when will we stop trying to pass blame, it hasn't taken us anywhere.

The last time I checked japanese,chinese and koreans don't look black to me.every black man on earth has been condemned simply because of their skin color including obama.
Re: Blacks Are Educated To Feel Inferior - Dr Bedford Umez by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The last time I checked japanese,chinese and koreans don't look black to me.every black man on earth has been condemned simply because of their skin color including obama.
BUT THEY HAVE BEEN SUBJECT TO RACIAL ABUSE AND THE SAME TREATMENT AS BLACKS. THE DIFFERENCE IS THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE THEORY THAT THEY WERE INFERIOR.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Putin Warns NATO Of World War III / Capitol Riot: 'Qanon Shaman' Jacob Chansley Sentenced To 41 Months In Prison / Saudi Arabia Resorting To Death Penalty To Crush Opposition Figures: Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.