Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (14797 Views)

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 30, 2013
A Non Muslim came to a Shaikh and asked: Why is it
Not Permissible in Islam for a Women to shake hands
with a Man? The Shaikh said: Can you shake hands with Queen
Elizabeth? The Non Muslim said: Ofcourse not, there are only
certain people who can shake hands with Queen
Elizabeth. Shaikh replied: Our Women are Queens and Queens
do not shake hands with strange men. Then the Non Muslim asked another Question: Why
do your Girls cover up their body? The Shaikh smiled and got two sweets, he opened the
first one and kept the other one closed. He threw
them both on the dusty floor and asked the Non
Muslim: If I asked you to take one of the sweets
which one will you choose? The Non Muslim replied: The covered one. The Shaikh said: That's how we treat and see our
women. Women should not be like the Moon which
everyone can See and Admire, they should be like the
Sun which makes th e Viewers Lower their Gaze. Non Muslim: Show me God if he exists. Shaikh Replied: Look at the Sun Man Replied: I Can't see, the Rays hurt my eyes.
Shaikh Said: If u can't look at the Creation of God
then how will you be able to Look at the Creator?? Lastly the Non Muslim invited the Shaikh to his house
and gave him Grapes, the Shaikh ate them, then he
offered him a cup of wine, the Shaikh refused, the
Non Muslim asked him how come you Muslims are
forbidden wine and eat grapes although the wine came
from grapes? Shaikh Replied: Do you have a daughter?
He said yes, the Shaikh asked him could you marry
her? the Non Muslim said no, the Shaikh said
SubhanAllah, you marry her mother and can't marry
her although she came from her

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by vedaxcool(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2013
Interesting analogies used!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AtheistD(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
Pointless and silly.

None of these are reasonable explanations. The Imam is just using rhetoric to dodge the questions.

34 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2013
Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Two hidden posts already....
Only in islam!

11 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Frostyzone(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2013
What is this phucked up Crap doing at the front page??!

11 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by mich2012: 10:43am On Jan 31, 2013
And this is already on front page?

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by naffysa(f): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2013
Alhamdulilah

3 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by apoti(m): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2013
Absolute crap

3 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Basic(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Pointless and silly.

None of these are reasonable explanations. The Imam is just using rhetoric to dodge the questions.
Of course, the conversation can only be understood by people who've got brains (I mean real brains).
If you can't make sense out of it, it's either of 2 things: either you don't understand English or your brain isn't just developed enough to comprehend such a brilliant show of logic!

53 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by naffysa(f): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2013
apoti: Absolute crap
U can never understand conversation

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by tunapawizzy: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2013
i wont say anything becos i dnt wana be banned

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by superior1: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2013
@OP what is the moral of your post?, Muslim Clerics are smart and Non-Muslims Silly? sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Sibrah: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2013
So what's the point here? Is it suppose to provide answers to hard questions about Islam or what? i find it extremely weak.

5 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Areaboy2(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2013
careytommy: Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Two hidden posts already....
Only in islam!

I see more to come..

Using analogies that create more questions than they answer is a fail in my book. Then again, the clever shaikh could read through the gullibility of his opponent and used that to his advantage.

fail

3 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by W3xy1(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
passing by
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
muslims and their low key idealogys.

3 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
Masha allah nice debate.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by elliottibanga(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."

Really? But this post itself is offensive to women.

How can you compare a woman to a piece of candy or a grape angry

10 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by ajayi147(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
undecided
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Truckpusher(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2013
bullshit topic.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Areaboy2(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2013
Basic:
Of course, the conversation can only be understood by people who've got brains (I mean real brains).
If you can't make sense out of it, it's either of 2 things: either you don't understand English or your brain isn't just developed enough to comprehend such a brilliant show of logic!

Classic False Dichotomy.. nice try undecided

5 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by nagoma(m): 10:48am On Jan 31, 2013
All the etiquettes mentioned are present in other religions but our non Muslim brothers don't like them, so they remove or just ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by noskeybaba: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
No be say the ones wey dey cover their faces fine. Why i go look am b4?
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by xakjustice(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
intresting!!!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by firstolalekan(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM. ALLAHUAKBAR!

8 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by dulaman: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
. . .and now over to islam bashers!
Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by boron10(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2013
Very dumb response from the muslim cleric. Imagine the answer he gave as to why their ladies cover their body. So the ladies are the ones who deserve men with uncovered face and body abi?

Now i see why boko haramists kill without any genuine reasons to back up their acts. Pathetic

NB: MOD you are so free to ban me. Thank you

13 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Dopefiend(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2013
The last point is silly tho. The point being tried to make is wine is nt fresh and pure as grapes ryt i.e it might have been altered with chemicals et al. What does it have to do with marrying one's offspring? Stupid reasoning I tell you

6 Likes

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Igwe9(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2013
which one is this "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam" ?
@op
the answers were on point even when the write-ups could have been from a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2013
This is really nice. I admire the analogy presented. Will apply the proper covering for my daughter. really nice and i appreciate it

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ? / "Ramadan Has Crippled Business,” Prostitutes Lament / 10 Tips On Being A Successful Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.