Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia (10123 Views)

Eagles Get $3.8m Ahead Of France Game / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Super Eagles Get N4.7m Each For Ethiopia Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by ichommy(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2013
THE Nigeria Football Federation yesterday dolled out US $30,000 to each member of the Super Eagles for qualifying for the quarter final of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The Super Eagles yesterday defeated Ethiopia 2-0 in a tension soaked match played in Rustenburg. The Eagles qualified alongside Burkina Faso from Group D.

Burkina Faso on the other hand ended their tie with Zambia 0-0 at the Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit. The result ensured the elimination of Zambia that ended third in the log with 3 points from three matches.

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/01/eagles-get-30000-each.html

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by coolsamba(m): 11:04am On Jan 30, 2013
Wtf

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Igwe9(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
lol
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by reeeT(f): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
There is money in this country ooo......
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Bright90s(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Cul money. 1st shaa.

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by coolsamba(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2013
Bright90s: Cul money. 1st shaa.
first ђã†̥?
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 30, 2013
That is where tax payers money is going. Anyway this portion wasnt embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by overdrive(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2013
Good one there at least they are adequately motivated.I really miss the days of m.k.o he wld hv added more motivation btw does it mean nobody can fit into d large shoes he left behind dangote,otedola,coscharis,t y danjuma,ifeanyi uba where una all dey!?
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by outrage: 11:09am On Jan 30, 2013
Are you serious?
Omo make I gather my area bois make we go play win see wether dey go follow give us moni too..
Rubbish, that aweful performance and they are paid that ridiculously high amaount.

What will cape verde pay their players then?

Or bokina faso

Or ivory cost that qualified after their second game.

3 Likes

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by benizu(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2013
grin ;DMore money ........
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by imperiouxx(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2013
How much will be giving if they reach the final? I wish to play for Nigeria too.... either better or poor like musa, either people hate me or like me.... I smile to the bank with N4.7M grin
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by overdrive(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2013
Sorry forgot john yakubu yusuf where u too dey?

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by onyeego(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2013
I pray this will encourage them to beat Ivory Coast.
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2013
Misplaced priority.
Super falcons may loose their next match against cote d'ivoire
The money should be used to equip themselves against bigger competitions. The Money should have been used to train younger footballers.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Emmanuelemman3(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by 2bosun: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2013
nne3870: Misplaced priority.
Super falcons may loose their next match against cote d'ivoire
The money should be used to equip themselves against bigger competitions. The Money should have been used to train younger footballers.

Bad belle, when did rewarding success become a "misplaced priority"? I guess you can never make everyone happy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by webcityng: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2013
GREAT!!!
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by dady12: 11:23am On Jan 30, 2013
waoh,GEJ where is my own as a supporter,ok,i want decamp enter CIT on sunday,una go hearer,this ok but should promise them after sunday victory,that is our most important match and i pray for eagles victory
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by HAH: 11:23am On Jan 30, 2013
Emmanuelemman3: I wonder what is going to happen if they beat ivory coast, or even win the cup, when the get $30,000 for winning ordinary ethiopia ?

My brother ordinary ethiopia o and let me be honest if you ask experts there are possibilities that the match was fixed,

Just go back and watch the game and compare with other games found to have been fixed in the past.

Anyhow am happy that they scaled through but that amount is ridiculous
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by OmerianConsult: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2013
How many professors get this much annually?
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Rapmoney(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2013
Nansense!!! Did the government of Burkina Faso give such amount of money to their national players
when they pummeled Ethiopia the other day? It seems we waste money a lot in this God-forsaken already-disintegrating decadent barbaric collapsing problematic witch-infested underdeveloped artificial country called Nigeria!!!

6 Likes

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by licensed2k(m): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
Breaking news
Each member of the super eagles has been promised a ministerial seat if they could overcome the odds and beat the mighty giant of ivory coast in the forthcoming afcon clash.
Dudes rmbr, u heard of it here 1st
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 30, 2013
Whewwww!!!Money talking..This country has money oooo...na wa oooo....Meanwhile,Is there any vacancy,I won't mind being d first female to play for Super Eagles grin

1 Like

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by tommykiwi(m): 11:35am On Jan 30, 2013
MAKE THEM SHARE THE MONEY WITH THOSE NAIJA PEOPLE WEN DEM GIVE HEART ATTACK FOR THE FIRST TWO MATCHES OOOO because THEM GO CHOP DIS MONEY!!!!!
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2013
for what na? how much will they now receive if they beat Ivory Coast? Anyway, its better they're given such money than politicians who do not add any iota of happiness or value to me sharing it
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Syenite(m): 11:38am On Jan 30, 2013
Na those Home based boys go happy pass.
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Acecube(m): 11:41am On Jan 30, 2013
HAH:

My brother ordinary ethiopia o and let me be honest if you ask experts there are possibilities that the match was fixed,

Just go back and watch the game and compare with other games found to have been fixed in the past.

Anyhow am happy that they scaled through but that amount is ridiculous
the match was fixed and the ethiopian coach was closed to tears ? a country that have been absent from afcon for 31 years will sell a chance to qualify ? guy you're sitting on the WRONG THING grin
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by doublecross(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2013
this is a pure waste of public fund. why should they be paid such an amount for an outrageous performance? let me see how they will defeat ivory coast.
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by ezeonline2(m): 11:48am On Jan 30, 2013
When ordinary nigerians can nt watch d match on their local TV bcoz d government can nt afford d to pay 4 d right, they ar just wastin d money for smtin unecessary. The money given 2 d super eagles is 2 much. [s][/s]

2 Likes

Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Janselem: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2013
Pls deduct that of efe ambrose, d guy is crap.
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by Ibangap(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Please how much does CAF pay d winner of d tournament?
Re: Eagles Get N4.7M Each For Beating Ethiopia by safarigirl(f): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2013
doublecross: this is a pure waste of public fund. why should they be paid such an amount for an outrageous performance? let me see how they will defeat ivory coast.
how body dey do you.

Like say if your bros dey the SE you for send whether dem play better ball abi dem yeye everything.

Abeg, I dey go SA go find husband before CAF end, as this my MOG boyfriend no dey progress. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fans Stabbed Ahead Of Europa League Clash Between Lazio & Sevilla / Keshi To Lead Nigeria At World Cup / Uyo To Host CAF Confederation Cup Final- Paul Bassey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.