Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (10440 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by pak: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2013
I saw the second half of the game against Ethiopia and though we eventually got two goals.
The match left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I could not believe my eyes as a 'Ten Man' ! Ethopian !! side ran the eagles

ragged in the latter part of the game. The hapless 'stars' could not string

even half decent passes together and Ahmed Musa seemed incapable of

controlling even the simplest of contacts with the ball.

It got me thinking - Is this the worst super eagles squad of all times ?
I'll say most likely.

I've been following the SENIOR national team actively and 'live' since 1988.

and I since then, we've put out squads for 14 different tourneys

MAROC 88
SEOUL 88
Algiers 90
Senegal 92
Tunisia 94
USA 94
King Fah'd Intercontinental 95
France 98
Nig/Gha 2000
Mali 02
Tunisia 04
Egypt 06
Ghanna 08
ANgola 2010

Of this lot, I'll say 3 of the teams can be described as 'absolutely terrible' - SEOUL 88, Ghana 08, and Angola 2010. WIth Berti Vogts' 08 side taking the top (or is it bottom) honours.

However, having seen this side play 3 matches, I am of the opinion that Keshi's team actually sinks Nigerian football lower than Vogts.
In the case of Vogts, we lost to a ten man Ghanian (Giants of African soccer) side who were playing in front of their home fans but Keshi has no excuse for being outplayed by Ethiopa ! None at all.

Most likely come sunday, after the quarter final, we will all wish we never even qualified in the first place.

So the question is, do you agree that Keshi's side is the worst Nigerian team ever ?

3 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by omar22(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2013
Not only the worst, he (Keshi) makes Amodu look like Pep Guardiola, so clueless!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by jhydebaba(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2013
KOREA/JAPAN 2002 Onigbinde's team was not in ur list.

In my view, this is the worst Nigeria ever presented but I believe in miracles. When we least expect, God can make things happen.

2 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by pak: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2013
jhydebaba: KOREA/JAPAN 2002 Onigbinde's team was not in ur list.

In my view, this is the worst Nigeria ever presented but I believe in miracles. When we least expect, God can make things happen.

Thanks for your observation Jide.

... ..but then, I do not believe in this your kind of miracles. Are you trying to insinuate that the ivorians are pagans ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by jude33084(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2013
Ethiopians were like Bayern Munich yesterday lol cheesy

Those guys played matured games even with 10 men? haba!
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by GeJ79: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2013
@ OP....U BE BIG TIME MUMU....HOW U WANT MAKE WE ANSWER YOU WEN THE GAME NEVER END. ODE NA U BE OOOOH.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2013
Yep,this generation of Super Chickens Eagles play soccer worse than street footballers...buh my concern is Musa. Damn! That guy shud be banned frm playing soccer.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by brixton: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2013
GeJ79: @ OP....U BE BIG TIME MUMU....HOW U WANT MAKE WE ANSWER YOU WEN THE GAME NEVER END. ODE NA U BE OOOOH.

y d insults? is that how intelligient u ar?

@topic, to be frank we have nt had a solid team since gh/nig 2000. still rememba al our games in dat tourney like it was yesty... nig/4-tunisia/2, nig/0-congo/0 (fans anger), nig/2-moroco/0, nig/2-sengal/1 (oliseh and aghawonder), nig/2-southafrica/0, then the final game dat made Oliseh and i cry bitterly. Oh good lord!!!

12 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by ayusco85(m): 10:59am On Jan 30, 2013
This is the worst team ever. Why is mikel playing like A̶̲̥̅ home based player that has never played professional football? He lacks confidence and creativity. He should be the one carrying the teams, but he seems to be clueless just as his coach. SMH. *hisses and spits*
This is surely the worst super eagles squad.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Fiawest(m): 11:00am On Jan 30, 2013
It is too early to judge,One thing I'm sure of is that Keshi will go down as d worst Coach in Nigeria.Yes we can pull a surprise.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by zuma4k(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2013
i guess
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2013
binger: Yep,this generation of Super Chickens play soccer worse than street players...buh my concern is Musa. Damn! That guy shud be banned frm playing soccer.
Musa's selection in the national team is a FRAUD that needs to be investigated,dude should have no business playing on a FOOTBALL FIELD
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by lastmanstandn(m): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2013
This is the worst eagles i have ever watched play football.
good players, bad tactics (in fact tacticless team)
this team makes Siasia's team look like Barca.

4 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by oyeleyemaureen(m): 11:02am On Jan 30, 2013
What made you think that?
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by SEGAD: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2013

Bros, I disagree with you on 2002 team because they played very well in that tournament, my opinion.

Mali 2002 and Angola 2010 are the worst team so far.

2 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by MaziOmenuko: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Bleep'ing unpatriotic thwarts!!!
This team is a new team and so far, they are delivering. If you think football is all about publishing stupid analysis on Nl, then you're high on dog s'h'I't.

eagles will soar at SA, and this team will perform wonders. If you don't like it, 3rd mainland bridge is waiting for your a'r's'e!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by benizu(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Its kinda too early to Judge Keshi's performances, though so far, it has not been a smooth ride for the eagles, nevertheless, lets be patient till our next match with Ivory Coast
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by sagytariusTM1: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
GeJ79: @ OP....U BE BIG TIME MUMU....HOW U WANT MAKE WE ANSWER YOU WEN THE GAME NEVER END. ODE NA U BE OOOOH.
I bet you were born in the late 90's.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by dopeJemi: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Yes Yes and Yes

Wah happened 2 d likes of d Ameobi brothers, martins, odemwingie, taye, anichebe, onuoha

SeriousLy speaking, I don't fink home based pLayers r good and smart enof 4 dis tournament

Look at CIV and u'lL understand wah I'm taLking abt
angry

2 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by sleekymag(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2013
You also didn't include the 2010 World Cup team in South Africa (though that wasn't an entirely bad team).

I still think Keshi's team (crop of players) is good. However, Keshi's tactical prowess leaves so much to be desired. How can you bring in Yobo as a replacement for a midfielder (Mikel) when you're two goals up, playing against a ten-man team with an auxiliary goalkeeper? KESHI is too defensive-conscious and that was what killed us in our first two games (defending after scoring just one goal, instead of going for more). I feel with another coach, this same team would have bagged 9 points easily.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by mumumugu(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2013
Better than siasia team that couldnt qualify us for nation cup
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by dady12: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2013
nigeria under 17 will do more better than the super eagle,infact,one can confirm that they dont train together,they ve no pattern of playing,their tourching is poor,musa is no longer musa again,mikel passing are not accurate,echijile is playing with fear ,this is the worst team so far,but The God that manoevre champion league to chelsea when they are not on form can still help super eagles to win the nation cup

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by nifemi01(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2013
Keshi is to football what jonathan is to politics.
Yesterday's match is d first match since 2010 world cup that i watched and their performance was shambolic.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by OmerianConsult: 11:12am On Jan 30, 2013
I believe so. We have never had it this bad at d continental level esp at d beginning of d tourney.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Marksule(m): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2013
One thing i would love nigerians to do is to support the super eagles no matter what. And we should jes encourage them, it is not easy
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by dotreal4life: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2013
When Siasia was building a formidable team, people like Amokachi and Ikpeba (Basket Mouth) used their rubish mouths to force him out of office (On DSTV programmes). Where is Ikpeba now? We need him to come out and rubish this Amokachi and keshi's team. Backbelle set of people. Na so dem do for Late King Yekini. Posterity will judge all of you. In my opinior, this team is the worst Nigerian team ever.

15 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by TonySpike: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2013

You know, I think Onigbinde's team which we all condemned back then was one of the best year 2000's series teams we ever had. We still had very good and dependable players back then. The Nigerian team today plays as if it is rudderless team. No cohesion, no team-work, just a drab collection of classless players.

@Keshi, we told you so. #Osazewasright

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by sleekymag(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2013
In the first half against Ethopia, Nigeria dominated possession 66% to Ethopia's 34%. At the end of the game, Nigeria still had 60% to Ethopia's 40%. It's just that the guys didn't have any cutting edge, and that is Keshi's fault IMHO.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by tbaba1234: 11:16am On Jan 30, 2013
This is untrue...

This is not the worst eagles team ever. Maybe the least experienced but certainly not the worst.

At 2:0 against 10 men, Nigeria played it safe yesterday, which was the wise thing to do. In the game against burkinafaso, we needed to keep possession but we attacked, lost possession and were punished on the counter.

Musa has been heavily criticized but on his day, we know he can be a menace to any defence.

We are rebuilding and it takes time. Even if we lose, I hope the coach retains his job.

6 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by ojeffo: 11:19am On Jan 30, 2013
Ogbeche77: Musa's selection in the national team is a FRAUD that needs to be investigated,dude should have no business playing on a FOOTBALL FIELD
he should be selling kuli kuli grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Mcleo007(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2013
Aside patriotism, this is the best assemblage of Eagles I've seen in many yrs, albeit the likes of Echiejile and Musa who've been below par. Thing abt most Nigeria fans/analysts; they watch games just but don't read them tacitly. The game on sunday would be a completely different package and many of you here will eat your words. Most of those guys are playing international competition for the first time save for the likes of Enyeama, Yobo, Mikel and Echiejele. They sure need more grooming to be at their best. IMO, the mistake the coaching crew made in their selection was leaving out Martins and Taiwo. Those two would have lit up the teams attach. As for Mikel, he's the beacon of this Eagles. The starlight!

5 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by nifemi01(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2013
dady12: nigeria under 17 will do more better than the super eagle,infact,one can confirm that they dont train together,they ve no pattern of playing,their tourching is poor,musa is no longer musa again,mikel passing are not accurate,echijile is playing with fear ,this is the worst team so far,but The God that manoevre champion league to chelsea when they are not on form can still help super eagles to win the nation cup
manoevre wetin? Even before d tournament began, most nigerian knew we were just there to make up the number.
With this their pathetic performance they will be so lucky if ivory coast doesn't give them a good hiding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jason Collins: The First Openly Gay Active Sports Man In America / World Beach Soccer: Oman Defeats Nigeria 6 - 5 / Self Defence/ Martial Arts Training In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.