Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun (24819 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Who Is To Blame For The Piracy Of Half Of A Yellow Sun? / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by Afam4eva(m): 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
aribisala0:
I think there are different facets to standards e.g storylines,screenplay,techical quqlity i,e sound,special effects,animation etc.

Technically hollywood leads and there is nothing wrong in following there technical lead.Take some of the fetish scenes/magical events or even the scenes where people are killed/die they are very poor technically and this largely has to do with budget but some "film tricks" from Hollywood 1950 productions are superio to what we have now.Another thing is physical fights/beatings these look ridiculous in some Nigeria productions
We're getting better at the technicality which is universal. That's what we should be learning from Hollywood and not accents and the way of life we portray in our movies. But Our storyline should also be 100% African and Nigerian.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by aribisala0(m): 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
We're getting better at the technicality which is universal. That's what we should be learning from Hollywood and not accents and the way of life we portray in our movies. But Our storyline should also be 100% African and Nigerian.
Agree 100% with the bolded. Not sure about the first bit.Have you seen a convincing fight even a slap or car crash on Nollywood.This is 2013. Then look at all those scenes involving insanity or bewitching.I have seen better from Hollywood in the 50s.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by babyboy3(m): 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, does aiming higher mean going to hollywood? How's hollywood higher. Is that not the movie industry of the Americans? Why the need to prove oneself in America.

The last time I checked the highest paid anyone got for a movie in Nollywood was £25k for both Genevieve and Omotola, when they paid Halle Berry £600k just to show her boobs for 8 sec..... Look all am saying is that the more our stars gets expose the better for Nollywood but if they think they staying at home and churning out rubbish then good luck, its like asking Mikel Obi why didnt he stay in Plateau United till the end of his career? The cost of 8 to 10 Champagne bottles would pay for Genevieve's next movie...

Shah Rukh Khan owns a £4m mansion in Mumbai.........
Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
baby-boy:

The last time I checked the highest paid anyone got for a movie in Nollywood was £25k for both Genevieve and Omotola, when they paid Halle Berry £600k just to show her boobs for 8 sec..... Look all am saying is that the more our stars gets expose the better for Nollywood but if they think they staying at home and churning out rubbish then good luck, its like asking Mikel Obi why didnt he stay in Plateau United till the end of his career? The cost of 8 to 10 Champagne bottles would pay for Genevieve's next movie...

Shah Rukh Khan owns a £4m mansion in Mumbai.........
If Genevieve or any Nigerian actor goes to hollywood, she'll become a hollywood actor and not a Nollywood actor. I wonder how that is good for Nollywood. Sharuk Khna, Amitabh Bacha, Abishe Bachan, Kajol, Rani Mukerje are known international through their Indian movies and not because they went anywhere. Let's focus on how to build our movie industry and make it global rather than exporting our people because i don't see any benefit in that.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by babyboy3(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
If Genevieve or any Nigerian actor goes to hollywood, she'll become a hollywood actor and not a Nollywood actor. I wonder how that is good for Nollywood. Sharuk Khna, Amitabh Bacha, Abishe Bachan, Kajol, Rani Mukerje are known international through their Indian movies and not because they went anywhere. Let's focus on how to build our movie industry and make it global rather than exporting our people because i don't see any benefit in that.

Have you seen the demand for Hindu movies? towards the late 80's and early 90's the Indian movie industry hit the wall but towards the late 90's with the help of the government and investors Bollywood grew, investors in India threw movie at everything, Cricket, F1, Football or movies... The Nigerian movie industry, just like any industry in Nigeria is wack!!! if Genevieve or any other Nigerian artist joins Hollywood it would inspire more artist to aim higher... but accepting average wont get us anywhere...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun by Mikel276: 12:41pm On May 16, 2013
Folks for an actor even 'A list' actor to not make the final cut of a movie in hollywood is no big deal,it happened to Rachel Weisz(oscar winner) and Jessica Chastain(oscar) in the recently released Terrence Malick film 'To the Wonder' . As for our home girl Genevive is rather unfortunate,cos nollywood needs such exposure,but truth has to be said,if Ms Nnaji or any of the other nollywood acts wants to make a significant impact in hollywood there will be much need for improvement in their acting skills,Genevive for one is a decent actress but anytime she is on the screen,all you see is just Genevive and not the character she should be playing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simi Features In A Yoruba Movie "Mokaliki". Photos / AMVCA: Uzee Usman Is First Northerner To Be Nominated As Best Actor In Drama / BBNaija: Seyi Wins Health Advocacy Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.