Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (30340 Views)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by SamMilla1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
You created this problem for yourself.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Siga: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
But I still dont understand why una dey fight over this woman matter....we stand to gain nothing whether she lies or tells the truth....all I know is those US interviewers can be ridiculous at times....they issue visas to some people one cant even offer a gateman job and deny a whole GM of a bank...lol...whoever God is going to favour...e go hard for hin visa to be denied ooo....

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ayinba1(f): 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Time line does not add up!

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by victorian(f): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Siga: But I still dont understand why una dey fight over this woman matter....we stand to gain nothing whether she lies or tells the truth....all I know is those US interviewers can be ridiculous at times....they issue visas to some people one cant even offer a gateman job and deny a whole GM of a bank...lol...whoever God is going to favour...e go hard for hin visa to be denied ooo....

Cos most Nigerians hate successful true life stories... All they want to hear are stories filled with regrets, divorce cases, tears, Lamentations and shame..... O ma se o sad... And this same people will troop to church m every evening and on Sundays.
The op says , she has gotten her visa, just be happy for her.. Not trying to play James Bond, and look for loopholes, where there are none..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ifihearam: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
ayinba1: Time line does not add up!

abi ooooo
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Geomac: 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
ayinba1: Time line does not add up!

This story is difficult to believe based on the time line o.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ayinba1(f): 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nigerians love good and successful stories. If OP really intends to use this information to help other people, then it is in order that other concerned Nigerians attempt to ensure validity of her claim. I don't think that she needs to put any additional info here, I just have a hard time buying the timeline.

Again, advice for whomever may find themselves in a similar situation.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by FASTLINK1: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: Well - am back from the interview and I did what I said I would do. I told the truth, held nothing back. I was told that my lies caused my previous refusals and I had broken the first rule of the system by lying.

I was given the visa. I left the embassy in tears. Even though I was given, it is still a very painful experience, especially as it was something that I could have avoided with a little honesty.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who ever finds herself in my shoes. Tell the truth and keep your dignity. It might not alwaysget you what you want but you will be able to hold your head high in the end.
congrats my dear
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
This matter don enter frontpage, na wah o....

Siga made an excellent point. The issue isn't whether the OP is telling the truth or not but how certain people(am looking at you lafflaff123)come here and insult the mods that work so hard to keep this thread free from scammers and the likes just because they offered their advice.

As for the matter, anything is possible....but eh what do i know? wink
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by efoshizzle: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nothing wrong with the timeline. As long as she already had her documents ready, she could have booked an appointment for even the next day, and was good to go.

@ OP, congratulations again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by stshakes(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
My elder brother applied for a non immigrant visa in November. I was waiting for him outside there under that tree. 5mins he went in, he was out... Was given 2years. Said the VO no even ask am any thing, just ask am where him dey go and what him dey go do dia... Pere... Na so she collect him passport. All the many documents plus medical report wey him do, dem no even ask for am! The nigga dey US now dey jollificate. Na that day I conclude say Yankee visa na luck!

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Edoblakky(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
Having gone through your story, all I can say is that you were favored by God.
I went to the US embassy last year with my pregnant wife to get the visa for tourism. But when the question popped up as to whether we would seek medical attention there, I told the interviewer why not. He then looked at us and asked if we would like to go there and have our baby. I told him yes. He then asked my wife if she knew the financial implication of giving birth in the US, my wife said it should cost between $8000 - $10,000. Then the guy asked to see my bank details and having satisfied himself, he began to ask about my job, how much I earn, how many people I supervised and finally asked me to go to VSF to pick my visa in 2 days time and that was it. We got 2 years multiple entry.
I believe all they want is for you to tell the truth and have the finance to foot your bills. They also like to know whether or not you will come back or abscond. There's no luck in getting a US visa.
A lady I know told them she would not need any medical attention in the US, but went there and had her son. The next time she came to renew her visa, she was rejected on the grounds of falsehood.
So mama thrice, your case is a miracle!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
lafflaff123: @Justwise of course my post is full of assumptions and yours as the EXPERT/CONSULAR OFFICER/IMMIGRATION LAWYER/KNOW ALL/EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG EXCEPT ME/SABI SABI/SUPER MOD is always right.

Stick to things in Europe you know about.

The United States will not tell you that you have been banned for violating any of their regulations as they are not answerable to anybody as compared to their European counter parts,but will continue to string you along by collecting your visa application fee because thats more money into their coffers.

The OP should stop wasting her time pursuing the United States and try somewhere else.

The United States is very strict against HEALTH TOURIST and that was what she was even if she paid the hospital bills.

Ever heard the word lying under OATH?the consular officer specifically ASKED her if she was PREGNANT and she LIED?it does not matter her excuse of not knowing if she wants to have the baby or not but the point is she LIED.

Pregnant women go for Visa interviews and tell the consular officers they are pregnant and still get their visa's and in her own case she played the typical NIGERIAN I AM SMARTER than everybody.

@Justwise ever gone for a US interview in your life?do you think the consular will have the time to be listening to her pleas of what happened with her not planning on having the baby in the US?her case would have been decided before she walks through the DOOR, but they have to follow the formality of conducting the interview after all she paid the visa fee for interview.

Let her go to T.B Joshua to get annointing oil,she will still be denied.

@OP try Europe. Its easier to go their and their record keeping is very poor plus if you have a baby there and have hospital payments receipt they allow you in again. But for the United States?you can continue seeing it on CNN or Cable until your child turns 18 and files for immigrant visa for you.
[b]Nice answer or should i say reply you are giving to the OP.But point of correction the USC child can only file for the immediate relative(Parent) when he or she is 21 years old anything short of that no way.I believe this lady wants to go put to bed again in the US that is why are desperation keep on rising.You adviced her are to go to Europe instead not all like the Europe thing.America seem to alot of people as the koko.I know how i got my Visa and thereafter stayed back to get my Resident Permit.Its not easy bro.Presently am an expert on Immigration law and i bet you this woman or OP should just stick to her lies and leave herself at the mercy of the consular because she has already lied under oath which is call Perjury.Are going there to tell the truth will not make a difference but i will advice her to do what her mind tell her either spill the bean or remain resolute.I will also like to advice her though late when her visa was still valid she could have tried Canada then while in Canada crossed through the Land border to enter the US thats if she wanted to come and deliver and thereafter leave again back to Canada through the land boarder or best deliver in Canada because i dont see the difference.As far she gat American Visa even expired one Canada will surely give her just that she has to package her document properly and must have enough money in her statement of account.There is no need killing yourself over American visa when you can use it as a security to get a Canada visa thats if you wanna go deliver anyway.But i thank God she was given based on the truth she told like i adviced her earlier she should just do what her mind tells her.I will say there is nothing God cannot do[/b]
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by justwise(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
chingyjant:
[b]Nice answer or should i say reply you are giving to the OP.But point of correction the USC child can only file for the immediate relative(Parent) when he or she is 21 years old anything short of that no way.I believe this lady wants to go put to bed again in the US that is why are despiration keep on rising.You adviced her are to go to Europe instead not all like the Europe thing.America seem to alot of people as the koko.I know how i got my Visa and thereafter stayed back to get my Resident Permit.Its not easy bro.Presently am an expert on Immigration law and i bet you this woman or OP should just stick to her lies and leave herself at the mercy of the consular because she has already lied under oath which is call Perjury.Are going there to tell the truth will not make a difference but i will advice her to do what her mind tell her either spill the bean or remain resolute.I will also like to advice her though late when her visa was still valid she could have tried Canada then while in Canada crossed through the Land border to enter the US thats if she wanted to come and deliver and thereafter leave again back to Canada through the land boarder or best deliver in Canada because i dont see the difference.As far she gat American Visa even expired one Canada will surely give her just that she has to package her document properly and must have enough money in her statement of account.There is no need killing yourself over American visa when you can use it as a security to get a Canada visa thats if you wanna go deliver anyway[/b]

Do you know that she went, told the truth, and got her visa?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by manny4life(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
@OP, Congratulations to you.

You've cleared one hurdle, the other hurdle is clear Immigrations on entry. grin grin grin
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Biggoozz: 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Siena:

Exonerated from what? You make it sound like she's on trial, which she clearly isn't. How self righteous can you get? Exonerate herself? Bro, listen to yourself!

She certainly doesn't have to scan any documents to tender here (Nairaland Court?) for anyone to examine. It's either you believe her, or you don't. You believing or not won't affect her quality of life. She owes no one anything.

They are taking undue advantage of her emotional weakness to taunt her, I'ld rather advice the lady to completely ignore and stop answering them.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
Siena:

Jeeze dude. What next? You so want this lady to be denied a visa, just so you can say you were proved right? At least be the big man, and admit you were wrong, it's no big deal.

I for one am glad Mamathrice got her visa granted, proof that honesty does pay in the end. She made a mistake, and learned from it. Not all VO's / Immigration Officials are monsters.

Couldn't have said it better.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ayinba1(f): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Well, I guess a lot of things have changed. The last I recall, it was pretty tough to get a quick appointment so that's a good thing if one can get an appointment within a short period. Also, the guy whose brother was out in 5 minutes, I would say "impressive". The US Embassy must have gone through some amazing transformation.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by somebody(f): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
ayinba1: Well, I guess a lot of things have changed. The last I recall, it was pretty tough to get a quick appointment so that's a good thing if one can get an appointment within a short period. Also, the guy whose brother was out in 5 minutes, I would say "impressive". The US Embassy must have gone through some amazing transformation.

The process is to book an appointment and get an agent to bring the date forward. The agents that do this are a dime a dozen - it just costs money. But I think the OP already had her appointment already scheduled and was looking for some advice online and phrased her question the way she did that she was planning to apply. In any case, there is nothing special about her situation so I don't see why she needs to lie.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
@op, I don't believe you. Your handle said it all, you applied twice and you were given the visa at the third attempt and you already registered on NL as mamathrice. Na wa for naija o
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
gunuvi: @op, I don't believe you. Your handle said it all, you applied twice and you were given the visa at the third attempt and you already registered on NL as mamathrice. Na wa for naija o

You mean mama three times application?

cheesy

Nairaland Sha!

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by lafflaff123(m): 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
I was the first to call the OP a liar after reading her post(if its an HER really)as Nairaland is filled with strange bed fellows.

I have also read most of the replies and some are quite sensible and some plainly stupid,as i still dont believe people are this daft and are confident to show their daftness by writing.

To the contributor that said i was denied a visa,furtunately i dont need a visa to live in the United States or travel to most countries in the world,Nigeria included and i say this as a matter of fact.

To the one that said i hate to hear about the success of others,i outrightly call you a stupid illiterate as it is only Nigerian's that get Visa to travel to another man's country and call it a success. Some even go as far as doing THANKSGIVING IN CHURCH.

And to the MODS again i say STICK to European matters.

Back to the OP, i call your story B.S.

So on the 31st of January you were contemplating applying for a visa?on the 1st of February which was FRIDAY you some how got a DATE for MONDAY the 4th.(WONDERFUL)even the President of Nigeria can not call the US Ambassador on a Friday and say schedule me for a date on Monday but some how you did it.

Even in Advance countries where everything works like Germany,Ireland,Uk and the others that you make your payment over the phone when you call to schedule a visa appointment, you still have at least two to three weeks waiting time but somehow in Nigeria you got scheduled for an INTERVIEW 24 Hours later?B.S, and i am waiting for you to come explain how you did that.

Back to your story of walking in and TELLING Consular Officer the truth and them saying you got denied the other two times because of your lies but now that you have said the truth you have been forgiven and granted a VISA, i call that B.S too.

Helloooooo is anybody reading my post?are you guys so blind that you can not tell a lie being told when you see one?

I repeat when the United States for any reasons have you marked down for going against their laws.you might as well forget about the country. The United States is not a country that forgives.

In Europe you can petition so many kinds of courts to have your case reviewed if denied a visa but the US dont have that, and once marked it takes a lot of things for the mark to be removed.

And in your case, if really as you CLAIM you had a child in the US then its only your child that can file for you at 21 before you come in.

Ran into an IBO woman at a gathering in New York just before i left for holiday's and her story was funny.

She was given a ticket for JAYWALKING in 1988 while on a visit to the US and as a typical smart IGBO woman she left without paying for that ticket.

In the Nigeria context this woman is well to do but for many years she kept getting her VISA denied and the US Embassy never told her anything. 6 years ago her daughter got married to somebody based here and when she became a US Citizen, she filed for the mom and since they can't deny the mom of a US Citizen residency,it was there they brought out her file and told her about her pending record somewhere.

That is how good the United States is.

As stated earlier people go for visa interviews and state they are pregnant and still get the visa(my sister is one)and what you might not know is that the consular officer will notate it in your record that you stated that you are pregnant and MIGHT have a baby in the US,so in that way you dont have problems in the future.

This is my last post on the TOPIC as i will not waste my time responding to a story of FICTION.

Make i check out the ROMANCE SECTION JOOR.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by abifoluwa: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
I've decided to tell the truth. I was not a deceitful person by nature and I will stop being one now. At the time of the interview, I didn't even know if I would have the baby or not - I was just afraid being pregnant would be grounds to deny me. Even after I decided to give birth, I was more worried about ensuring I paid my bills completely than the lie. 

It has happened. I cannot change the past. No one gave me advice so I had no clue I would be asked such a personal question and had no clue what to answer. That is no excuse though. I should have spoken the truth. And that is what I would do going forward.

So thanks for the advice everyone but it is clear that there's really only one course of action to take. If it results in a lifetime ban or worse, so be it. I am old enough to take responsibility for my actions.

I have booked my appointment and it's next week. I'll let everyone know how the story ends.[b][/b]
You booked your appointment on feb two and you went to the embassy today, ok o. you must be flash, anyways, goodluck o. but please no go born pikin for usa o, before you make life hard for others trying to get visa now. wont be surprised if they dont let pregnant women give birth here soon
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by tpia5: 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
try having some of your babies in nigeria.

if you think having US citizenship means a child will have an easy life or some fringe benefits in the USA, think again.

tell lie o, tell truth o, doesnt matter at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: Insist on my story that I didn't know I was pregnant?
I'm sorry but this is too funny "I didn't know I was pregnant" grin do u really think they are that dumb?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
@lafflaff123

You seem to pride yourself as a judge and someone who thinks he knows more than his shoe size. My advise is that you carry on with your investigations or comments but without the capitalization or display of your distorted view about any tribe.

I believe that was your last post on this thread so i do not expect any rejoinders from you wink
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
There's no way u can get an appointment with a date that won't be more than 2 weeks away. All na wash and I suspect the mod.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by topeantony(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
the last time i went to the consulate in Lagos two couples were denied visa because she gave birth there after promising she will not the husband tried to explain and convince them as to the reason why it happened but there is no time for that also the time frame of the application i thought its two weeks before interview for tourist applicant a man was refused a visa just because the time frame was not appropriate he was denied a week before then and he was able to get another close date the consular kept insisting how he was able to pull that off
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by babaowo: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: I never overstayed or broke any rules during my trip. I travelled to the US twice, first for a short visit and secondly to have my baby - I stayed for 3 months, half the duration of my i94.

Thank you, vivichocs. I don't really think the truth will help me in this case but I've come to the bitter realisation that deceit only reaps sorrow and loss.
..... its not a crime to come to USA with pregnancy,but its a crime to lie about it, u can just pay immigration lawyer a token to write you a back up letter.millions comes to USA for maternity leave and deliver their children and obtain the pali for their kids...
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by mamathrice: 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
gunuvi: @op, I don't believe you. Your handle said it all, you applied twice and you were given the visa at the third attempt and you already registered on NL as mamathrice. Na wa for naija o

Actually that is not far from the truth. I got this handle after I had applied twice and was turned down, hoping the third time I would be lucky.

For the record, the VO asked me if I was pregnant and told me point blank that as long as I can prove financial readiness, I was free to have as many children in the US as I wanted.

That was what made me break down in tears. I put myself through a whole bunch of crap because of a stupid lie. A stupid lie I never needed to tell. I suffered two humiliating rejections trying to defend that lie. And all I ever needed to say was, I lied. I am sorry.

I really don't understand why some people are so skeptical... Have I weaved such an elaborate tale inorder to trick people into... telling the truth

For the record, it is possible these days to get appointments fairly early. And even after you fix a date, you can even tick a box on that appointment selection/calendar page to ask the website to inform you if an earlier date becomes available. The days of hoarding dates and needing to pay some unscrupulous agent thousands of Naira to get a date in 2 months' time are over. So when you're ready to go for your interview, do yourself a favour and book the appointment yourself.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice:

Actually that is not far from the truth. I got this handle after I had applied twice and was turned down, hoping the third time I would be lucky.

For the record, the VO asked me if I was pregnant and told me point blank that as long as I can prove financial readiness, I was free to have as many children in the US as I wanted.

That was what made me break down in tears. I put myself through a whole bunch of crap because of a stupid lie. A stupid lie I never needed to tell. I suffered two humiliating rejections trying to defend that lie. And all I ever needed to say was, I lied. I am sorry.

I really don't understand why some people are so skeptical... Have I weaved such an elaborate tale inorder to trick people into... telling the truth

For the record, it is possible these days to get appointments fairly early. And even after you fix a date, you can even tick a box on that appointment selection/calendar page to ask the website to inform you if an earlier date becomes available. The days of hoarding dates and needing to pay some unscrupulous agent thousands of Naira to get a date in 2 months' time are over. So when you're ready to go for your interview, do yourself a favour and book the appointment yourself.
Ok. Goodluck!.
Your faith has healed thee.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Maleyo: 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
Don't change ur words, stand on it, because dey don't like it, Gud luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Election: FCT Parks Witness Heavy Flow Of Passengers (Photo) / Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters / Plane Crashes Into New Jersey Home, Killing Pilot And Sparking Fire. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.