Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (30401 Views)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
gunuvi: There's no way u can get an appointment with a date that won't be more than 2 weeks away. All na wash and I suspect the mod.

What was that all about?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
justwise:

What was that all about?

Lol.....pls ban him! How can he say such without prove? cheesy
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin:

U funny o. Does suspecting someone becoming a crime now on NL?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin:

U funny o. Does suspecting someone becoming a crime now on NL? So ill need a prove to suspect anyone cos of his or her post? Na wa ooo
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
gunuvi: U funny o. Does suspecting someone becoming a crime now on NL?

I think you'll find Justwise and others (definitely me) are wondering what your cryptic comment means.

Suspect him of what?

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Siena:

I think you'll find Justwise and others (definitely me) are wondering what your cryptic comment means.

Suspect him of what?
Sure, suspecting the mod of trying to get varieties of opinions from everyone by first supporting the op from the beginning cos I believe he or she should have known better. And if you look at my post after that, I gave her my blessing after realising that she is still sticking to her stand. NL is full of folks who might wants to seek for opinions before attempting.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by informatix: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Please Help. i want to ask. Is it true if you Apply for US. Visa they will give you 6months Appointment for interview?. I want to have the Idea of the Time limit between application and interview.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 05, 2013
FROM EXPERIENCE I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND WAS DENIED UNTIL I GOT ALL THE FULL RECEIPT AND PROOF OF PAYMENT OF THE HOSPITAL WHERE MY CHILD WAS BORN,ONLY THEN WAS MY VISAS RENEWAL APPROVED.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Roland17(m): 1:27am On Feb 05, 2013
*Religiously following this thread*
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Originalsly: 5:56am On Feb 05, 2013
I am still trying very very hard to swallow this story.From contemplating to apply for a visa on Thursday to getting a visa very early Monday morning!... a person that was twice rejected and lied!Hmmm...then the officer saying the first rule is you should not lie? I doubt that...he would tell you it is a federal crime that would land you in jail.(Remember Lil Kim the rapper?) Now you want me to believe that you admitted to lying and he said it is ok? It must be that you have something the US desperately wants.Last year...after spending 20 years in the US and establishing himself as a productive, law abiding and Community guy...this Nigerian guy was arrested and put up for deportation because he lied on his application for visa. The US is that serious when it comes to perjury but yet...OP is an exception? Why? People do get rejected more than once and finally do get a visa....but not the ones with a tainted record. On being ok to get a baby in the US is something they do not encourage and are fighting against since the Mexicans are notorious for doing that.Lafflaff is telling it like it is. I dont believe for a minute. Let me go sleep.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Originalsly: 5:58am On Feb 05, 2013
informatix: Please Help. i want to ask. Is it true if you Apply for US. Visa they will give you 6months Appointment for interview?. I want to have the Idea of the Time limit between application and interview.
It can take only two days....consult OP.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Dranatomy: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2013
US warned women all over the world lately last year never to use pregnancy or child bearing in the US As a criteria for getting her visa...Of more concern are cases of women getting pregnant in their countries and rushing to US to deliver....All i wil say is that u pray...if by chance ur name is in their black book, then u gotta stop applying for visa renewal or watsoever with them for the next 10years...Dats their rule...

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by eyoniggar(m): 9:38am On Feb 05, 2013
@OP, you are getting more bashing than normal response to your original post. Simply scan the visa page and post it here on Nairaland, scan it in such a way that vital info wnt be revealed on here.

My Wife had travelled to US twice btwn 2009-2011 on visitors VISA, she was issued one year VISA twice those visits, and she only spent two weeks the first time,and spent 3 weeks the second time. Last year august, she applied, then she was given multiple this time and was never asked a single question about being pregnant and all that in which she was already 4months pregos then.

She gave birth December and the hospital bill was crazy, the clinic bills alone was up to $6,000, while the hospital bill was like 16,000 dollars plus, I quickly seek solution as to how I can take care of the bills. My cousin over there advised that my wife should apply for an emergency medical insurance for the hospital bill only, then we can pay the clinic bills ourselves. I was able to pay $4,320 out of the clinic bills, 2 days after making the payment over a month period after applying for the medical insurance, my wife received response from the hospital that the Medical insurance has been approved, not only for the hospital bill, but also for her clinic bills, I was really surprised. Now sorry OP for derailing your thread, but is any1 here that knows about this medical insurance? Will it affect my wife when next she wants to re-apply? If it will affect her, I might have to make proper arrangements to make the payment, but is there anyway to cancel the insurance coverage? Kinda confused. Any help would do.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by eledalo: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2013
Given that this poster has a history of telling lies, even to visa officers, I am disposed to not believe her strange tale.
But really, do the anonymous internet opinions matter?

eyoniggar: Simply scan the visa page and post it here on Nairaland, scan it in such a way that vital info wnt be revealed on here.

Na wa o. To prove to anonymous internet people, she should scan her personal document? Wowzers!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by calculusx(m): 11:02am On Feb 05, 2013
Im glued to this thread as i have a similar story to share. Until then
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by justwise(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2013
eyoniggar: @OP, you are getting more bashing than normal response to your original post. Simply scan the visa page and post it here on Nairaland, scan it in such a way that vital info wnt be revealed on here.

My Wife had travelled to US twice btwn 2009-2011 on visitors VISA, she was issued one year VISA twice those visits, and she only spent two weeks the first time,and spent 3 weeks the second time. Last year august, she applied, then she was given multiple this time and was never asked a single question about being pregnant and all that in which she was already 4months pregos then.

She gave birth December and the hospital bill was crazy, the clinic bills alone was up to $6,000, while the hospital bill was like 16,000 dollars plus, I quickly seek solution as to how I can take care of the bills. My cousin over there advised that my wife should apply for an emergency medical insurance for the hospital bill only, then we can pay the clinic bills ourselves. I was able to pay $4,320 out of the clinic bills, 2 days after making the payment over a month period after applying for the medical insurance, my wife received response from the hospital that the Medical insurance has been approved, not only for the hospital bill, but also for her clinic bills, I was really surprised. Now sorry OP for derailing your thread, but is any1 here that knows about this medical insurance? Will it affect my wife when next she wants to re-apply? If it will affect her, I might have to make proper arrangements to make the payment, but is there anyway to cancel the insurance coverage? Kinda confused. Any help would do.

Why should she do that? Is either people believe her or they believe what they want.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by somebody(f): 11:24am On Feb 05, 2013
Why were not prepared for the bills when you and wife decided she would have your kid there? These are the things the US Embassy seriously frowns upon. Your wife went to have a baby there and you guys did not have a plan in place as to how you were going to foot the bills? I am not the US Embassy but 1)She was pregnant when she applied for the visa and probably said the reason for her visit was visiting family or whatever. However, she went on have her baby there so she lied about her reason for applying for the visa. 2)Emergency medical insurance? Whats that? I haven't heard of that one. But the US Embassy will want to see evidence of all bills paid. To be on the safe side, I will suggest you pay the bills yourself. Ask for a payment plan from the hospital. And next time, you should ask the hospital in advance for the self pay option - its always a lot more cheaper. Perhaps you can still ask them for that option, your bills could be slashed in half if you are lucky.

eyoniggar: @OP, you are getting more bashing than normal response to your original post. Simply scan the visa page and post it here on Nairaland, scan it in such a way that vital info wnt be revealed on here.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by eyoniggar(m): 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
somebody: Why were not prepared for the bills when you and wife decided she would have your kid there? These are the things the US Embassy seriously frowns upon. Your wife went to have a baby there and you guys did not have a plan in place as to how you were going to foot the bills? I am not the US Embassy but 1)She was pregnant when she applied for the visa and probably said the reason for her visit was visiting family or whatever. However, she went on have her baby there so she lied about her reason for applying for the visa. 2)Emergency medical insurance? Whats that? I haven't heard of that one. But the US Embassy will want to see evidence of all bills paid. To be on the safe side, I will suggest you pay the bills yourself. Ask for a payment plan from the hospital. And next time, you should ask the hospital in advance for the self pay option - its always a lot more cheaper. Perhaps you can still ask them for that option, your bills could be slashed in half if you are lucky.

We never planned for her to have the baby there, she was going to spend 3 or 4 weeks as usual strictly for shopping. But we decided in the 2nd week that she could just stay over and have the baby there. Now as for the bills, we called the hospital where she was gonna give birth and we made inquries regarding what the bills were like, and we were told that its gonna cost us $8,000, but since shes a foreign patient, she's eligible to 52% off of the total amount, with the bill being calculated to $4,000 plus, I knew I could afford it. Not until after birth, I saw what was an estimated clinic bills: 6k, and hospital bill $16kplus. This although was due to the fact that she had to be attended to specially due to some minor complications during labor.

Now if I am gonna have to pay,they'll have to cancel the medical insurance, and also they'll slash the bill 52% off, which will still bring about an affordable amount for me to pay.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ayinba1(f): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
eyoniggar:

We never planned for her to have the baby there, she was going to spend 3 or 4 weeks as usual strictly for shopping. But we decided in the 2nd week that she could just stay over and have the baby there. Now as for the bills, we called the hospital where she was gonna give birth and we made inquries regarding what the bills were like, and we were told that its gonna cost us $8,000, but since shes a foreign patient, she's eligible to 52% off of the total amount, with the bill being calculated to $4,000 plus, I knew I could afford it. Not until after birth, I saw what was an estimated clinic bills: 6k, and hospital bill $16kplus. This although was due to the fact that she had to be attended to specially due to some minor complications during labor.

Now if I am gonna have to pay,they'll have to cancel the medical insurance, and also they'll slash the bill 52% off, which will still bring about an affordable amount for me to pay.
Whatever you set out to do, write and save all correspondence. If you tell the hospital to return the money to medicaid, write a letter, send it with registered mail. Save receipts or any payments that you make.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Mamabi: 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mamathrice, I am in the same situation and I will need your advice before reapplying. What was your answer to the section that ask if you have ever been denied US visa in your application? And what were the reasons you gave? Will appreciate your response please.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
I am so happy this OP told the truth and her story brought tears to my eyes.

I think some of yous need to back off already and leave this woman alone. Uploading proof will not reduce the prize of agege bread in the market so stop it.

@MamaThrice

Pay them no mind. They are too busy being selfish to actually understand what pains you experienced when you were denied. I am going to say this not to bring tears to your eyes but show my understanding of your situation. Your first child is a citizen and the second isn't. At this stage you are safe cos the second I am guessing is still a young child but as time goes on this child will begin to ask you questions of why the first child is a citizen and he/she isn't. How can you tell your child that your lies cost him "the chance to a better life"? You all wanno travel overseas, the first child brings out his/her American passport, the second brings out the nigerian one wishing he had the same as the first.

I understand all of these and I think these bloody son and daughters of BS's are too concerned trying to look pretty and handsome than actually trying to see things from a different point of view. I am happy you said the truth and I am happy you got the visa. I don't know the process of an adult becoming a US citizen but I think the second child can get a chance to citizenship, the only problem is it will take longer.

All the best and kisses from me to you kiss kiss

PS Do not upload nothing, I have also been asked to upload my marriage certificate on this site many times, to prove what? like they contributed a dime to my welfare right from the day I was brought into this world cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Shinatu: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
I just wonder, if you paid your bills, how did they know you had a baby there?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by gunuvi(m): 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Siena:

Suspect him of what?
I am still expecting your words o. As my comments may be cryptic to you but sure very understandable to most NL. It is a pity Naija will be better sha and very soon, everyone will have a free will to share their feelings without discrimination or coercion. No one is an island of knowledge.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by mamathrice: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mamabi: Mamathrice, I am in the same situation and I will need your advice before reapplying. What was your answer to the section that ask if you have ever been denied US visa in your application? And what were the reasons you gave? Will appreciate your response please.

Say the truth. Yes, you've been denied visa. Why? You know your reasons. Maybe like me you believed they'd never give visas to pregnant women. Maybe you had your own reasons. Whatever they were, just say it or write it in the form and put the Devil to shame. I don't gaurantee that you'll get your visa. But that's not why I did it. I did it to get the burden off my shoulder and to be able to look at my face in the Mirror.

jennykadry: @MamaThrice

Pay them no mind. They are too busy being selfish to actually understand what pains you experienced when you were denied. I am going to say this not to bring tears to your eyes but show my understanding of your situation. Your first child is a citizen and the second isn't. At this stage you are safe cos the second I am guessing is still a young child but as time goes on this child will begin to ask you questions of why the first child is a citizen and he/she isn't. How can you tell your child that your lies cost him "the chance to a better life"? You all wanno travel overseas, the first child brings out his/her American passport, the second brings out the nigerian one wishing he had the same as the first.

I understand all of these and I think these bloody son and daughters of BS's are too concerned trying to look pretty and handsome than actually trying to see things from a different point of view. I am happy you said the truth and I am happy you got the visa. I don't know the process of an adult becoming a US citizen but I think the second child can get a chance to citizenship, the only problem is it will take longer.

All the best and kisses from me to you kiss kiss

PS Do not upload nothing, I have also been asked to upload my marriage certificate on this site many times, to prove what? like they contributed a dime to my welfare right from the day I was brought into this world cheesy

I know it wasn't your intention but I started crying again when I read your post. Don't you know that I've thought of this? Every day since she was born? Can you imagine how I feLt on Monday when I made up my mind to tell the truth, 10 year life ban be damned, only to get a visa instead? And how I realized that instead of playing 'smart' and thinking I was 'wize', I could have just said the truth one year ago and got the visa then? And had my baby and given her citizenship? To say nothing of the traumatic birth experience we ended up going through over here?

Well, God knows best. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. And destiny is from God not man. By His grace, she will reach and fulfill her potential in this world, American citizenship or not.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
gunuvi:
Sure, suspecting the mod of trying to get varieties of opinions from everyone by first supporting the op from the beginning cos I believe he or she should have known better. And if you look at my post after that, I gave her my blessing after realising that she is still sticking to her stand. NL is full of folks who might wants to seek for opinions before attempting.

gunuvi:
I am still expecting your words o. As my comments may be cryptic to you but sure very understandable to most NL. It is a pity Naija will be better sha and very soon, everyone will have a free will to share their feelings without discrimination or coercion. No one is an island of knowledge.

Know better about what exactly? What are you driving at?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
@Mamathrice

You owe no one any explanation, when your child gets to an appropriate age, 18 yrs of age to be precise, they will file necessary paperwork to be a U.S. Citizen. Just because you lied shouldn't be a deterrent, just focus and once again, congratulations on your visa.

On that note, though I'm not certain which, but under certain Obama Administration laws, children can be U.S. Citizens under different waivers. Now I do not know how these apply because it sure never applied to me, but certain waivers exist, explore them.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ahf(m): 7:24am On Feb 07, 2013
manny4life: @Mamathrice

You owe no one any explanation, when your child gets to an appropriate age, 18 yrs of age to be precise, they will file necessary paperwork to be a U.S. Citizen. Just because you lied shouldn't be a deterrent, just focus and once again, congratulations on your visa.

On that note, though I'm not certain which, but under certain Obama Administration laws, children can be U.S. Citizens under different waivers. Now I do not know how these apply because it sure never applied to me, but certain waivers exist, explore them.

Actually it is when the child turns 21years

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1d383e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1d383e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Used to think it was 18years too.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by honeychild(f): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
@mamathrice
you have no idea how excited I was to read this post and see that you actually got your visa. I remember coming across your questions on so many travel threads. At one point no one even bothered to answer you.

I am proud of you. You acted like an adult. And I have definitely learnt from your mistakes
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by VCTROKOYE: 5:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
please, i applied for student's visa in 2001. Then I didn't include all the names of my family members in my application because I was advised that since they are based in USA, it would affect my chance. Then I was denied on the ground that I could not answer some questions about my school. Now, I want to reapply for a different purpose and I want to include all the names including that of the ones in USA.
Please, do I stand a chance?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by ahf(m): 6:22am On Apr 13, 2013
eyoniggar:

ayinba1:
Whatever you set out to do, write and save all correspondence. If you tell the hospital to return the money to medicaid, write a letter, send it with registered mail. Save receipts or any payments that you make.

The only story the embassy likes to hear is self pay with evidence, any other story draws plenty questions and a possible denial. One wrong thing people do is use medical aid meant for resident Americans, a friend paid the price for this and was denied renewal.

Moral of story - full self pay if you want to deliver in USA
Gives you best chance of renewal, but doesn't even guarantee renewal (depending if you lied about other issues at application stage)
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 21, 2014
ahf:

Actually it is when the child turns 21years

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1d383e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1d383e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Used to think it was 18years too.

So a child that lived in Nigeria, schooled in Nigeria is going to wake up when he turns 21 and then file for his Mom?

Who will provide the financial affidavit on form I-134 for the Mom?

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Teeyaki: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Hello, i am in a fix now. i went for my visa interview with the intend to have my baby in the US in 2013 but on getting to the interviewer’s front i was not asked if i was pregnant, so I didn’t make mention of it and was given the visa.

I had my baby in 2014 and want to renew my visa now because i intend to have a second baby there. My issue now is, do i stand a chance of getting my visa renewed.
Though i had a contract with the hospital in Boston where i had my baby n i paid the contract bill in full. To my greatest surprise my friend in the US called and told me that, the hospital said i had an outstanding of $2k to pay which i had not being informed about either through call or mail. i seriously don't know what to do about that.

Please i need an urgent advice on this issue. why won't the hospital inform me of a bill i owe. i spoke with the assistant of the officer i dealt with while in US and she confirmed the information. Do i make the payment or wait till i'm told to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plane Crashes Into New Jersey Home, Killing Pilot And Sparking Fire. VIDEO / Photos: Car Accident In Wuse II, Abuja. / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.