Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State (6438 Views)

APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / Gunmen Invade Delta Hospital, Abduct 3 Patients / Hotel Explosion: 15 Persons Injured As Gunmen Invade A Hotel In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by MrTAnonymous(m): 5:20am On Jan 31, 2013
SaharaReporters has just received information from students living in Birnin Gwaritown in Kaduna State to the effect that heavily armed bandits took over the Police Station in the area and burnt it down after about two hours of gun battle with troops.
The police station is completely razed in an attack that started at midnight, according to the source.
Banks and other public buildings were reportedly bombed along with the Police Station.
The source who claimed to have witnessed the attack said the bandits also planted Improvised Explosive Devices(IEDs) that exploded simultaneously in addition to sporadic gun shots.
The source also said that the whole area was sealed by the unidentified gunmen whose number could not be ascertained because of they came in the dark. Several police officers and some of the bandits are believed to have died in the attack which lasted about two hours.
“We are trapped, and under fear, we need military support to, if not there is no certainty on our lives. As I speak, they are still firing”, he said.
In October, 2012, bandits invaded the town killing some 20 worshippers leaving a Mosque in an early morning raid in the area.
Calls made to spokespersonsof the army and police were not returned as at the time of this report.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-gunmen-invade-birnin-gwari-township-kaduna-state-bomb-police-station-and-ban
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Roland17(m): 5:35am On Jan 31, 2013
Nigeria my dear country i weep for thee..

even Police station no safe again..

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by iamtheprincipal: 5:37am On Jan 31, 2013
My GOD, come to the aid of my nation & bring judgement to all enemies of the state, both politicians, boko haram & kidnappers alike!

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by malele(m): 6:37am On Jan 31, 2013
I thought boko declared seize fire
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 31, 2013
malele: I thought boko declared seize fire
if u ask me, na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Donmams(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2013
Ironically this gov't has budgeted over 2 trillion for security in just two years. Instead of nigerians to start calling Jonathan a thief they are too busy insulting el-rufai for a retweet! Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by gramci: 7:15am On Jan 31, 2013

And you believed them

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2013
E go the JAMB guys o. I hear say Boko don repent.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Burger01(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Is this Boko haram meaning of 'cease fire'? End shall never wonder.. Pigs.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2013
I believe someday Nigerian will understand that this current govt lead by Jona has nothing to offer us than sufferness. Where is our 2 trillion naira for security? God will ask you all.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Ola0711: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2013
I. S. L. A. M Again...religion of violence..Islam is the problem of nigeria..

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by obicentlis: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2013
Terrorism no go stop 4 naija. It has come to stay, anoda group will come tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Asis(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2013
Chineke! Eheh,so dis guys hv nt yet given up?so the cease fire stuff was just to mask the worst to come?ok na,e clear..

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by mu2sa2: 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
Even if boko haram ceasefire, there many criminals still around -robbers, political thugs, bandits etc. Birnin Gwari town and environs has been facing problem of insecurity for years now . Armed robberies on Birnin Gwari- kaduna highway are daily occurrence mostly in broad daylight. So this attack is not a surprise.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by project8(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2013
Ola0711: I. S. L. A. M Again...religion of violence..Islam is the problem of nigeria..
ur are a big fool for this statement,how did u come to d conclusion that they're muslims? What kind of hatred do u ave for islam that any crime committed whether robery,kidnappn or assasination u jus jump into total conclusion that its islam.agreed we've bad eggs among us bt that shudnt be a reason for u to generalise,Birnin gwari is known to be a hotspot for robbery for decades,even late last year dsame tin happend.its ur type that are bent on causing religious crisis wen others are praying fervently for peace.ur indeed programmed.smh

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Angel778(f): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2013
Seize fire indeed!
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by cigaricon(m): 9:33am On Jan 31, 2013
Later boko haram will deny that they are not responsible for the attack, just watch sad
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by obrut(m): 9:33am On Jan 31, 2013
Come oh guys, nobodi said it was boko haram!! U shud realize dat bkh has inspired many thugs in their dealings with police & security ops.Birnin gwari has always been a thugs paradise.c
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Angel778(f): 9:33am On Jan 31, 2013
chiover: E go the JAMB guys o. I hear say Boko don repent.
Change of name only, am sure they are stil d same people.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Walexz02(m): 9:36am On Jan 31, 2013
You guys should shut the fuск up and let hear from those who did the do.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by lacasa: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2013
Donmams: Ironically this gov't has budgeted over 2 trillion for security in just two years. Instead of nigerians to start calling Jonathan a thief they are too busy insulting el-rufai for a retweet! Nonsense

Gbabe!

The same nigerians who Complain a lot are the same ones who allow things to remain Bad
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2013
But then, lack of ability to comprehend and articulation is seriously lacking in Niraland.

The report said bandit; people are saying boko haram and Islam.

That place has a bad history; may God protect his people.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by simongonner: 9:47am On Jan 31, 2013
abi na malian rebels or al qaeda?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by nduchucks: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2013
Criminals are heavily equipped with big guns and armo, the police have their own guns, the army is even more equipped. Politicians are protected by armed guards.

I feel sorry for the average Nigerian who has never been in the armed forces, thus unable to legally own guns for the defense of himself and his family. Nigerians are sitting ducks and are completely defenseless against these armed thugs and politicians alike.

Its time to change our gun laws. Juju is not sufficient (it is actually useless) for self defense.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Livinusc(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2013
that is what we heard oo,dis 1 who ar responsible again....abi na JAMB OR WAEC.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by luluosas(m): 10:02am On Jan 31, 2013
iamtheprincipal: My GOD, come to the aid of my nation & bring judgement to all enemies of the state, both politicians, boko haram & kidnappers alike!
In Jesus name amen.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by ZACHIE: 10:03am On Jan 31, 2013

The source also said that the whole area was sealed by the unidentified gunmen whose number could not be ascertained because of they came in the dark.

What is the writer saying

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:07am On Jan 31, 2013
ZACHIE:
The source also said that the whole area was sealed by the unidentified gunmen whose number could not be ascertained because of they came in the dark.

What is the writer saying
because they came in the dark means because they came at night when everywhere was dark.
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by tmd01: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2013
At this point, Nigeria could do with ....in fact,half of the security and support given to Mali

Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by Psylas(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Jenams: if u ask me, na who I go ask?
u fit ask Gumi
Re: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari Township In Kaduna State by ezedolar: 10:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Can any thing good ever come out of the north or any muslim state?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Bikers Pictures / Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures / Gov Okorocha Climbs Table Just To Take Picture With Ban Ki Moon. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.