Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? (28021 Views)

Prophet Mohammed: The Biblical And Quranic Angel Gabriels / Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. / The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kasalx: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2013
Please is it biblical if a pastor/prophet after counselling and praying for you told you that based on what he/she saw/revelation that your matter entails that you should do bathing(ie Spiritual Bathing as i understnad it)beause of some drawing back forces,what the enemy has done,etc,as a revelations he/she observed(had)in the course of praying for you.I am a man.Please is anything wrong with it and whether its biblical.I am not used to spiritual church activities.Please genuine and wise comments.Thanks.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by OmoAlata(f): 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
If you haven't done it yet, then please don't! I used to attend Cele and did a lot of bathing in the sea. It's a form of covenant. No time to go fully into it now as 30 day shred is calling me grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by enilove(m): 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo Alata: If you haven't done it yet, then please don't! I used to attend Cele and did a lot of bathing in the sea. It's a form of covenant. No time to go fully into it now as 30 day shred is calling me grin

I pray that he will take to your advice .People who have not gotten the experience may not be able to advice rightly, Some need to be informed about these wolves in sheep clothing.They make people to rubish the name of Jesus .

Thank you God bless you.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kasalx: 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ omo alata, I got ur advice.Though dis one is not cele church.

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Chubhie: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2013
Omo Alata: If you haven't done it yet, then please don't! I used to attend Cele and did a lot of bathing in the sea. It's a form of covenant. No time to go fully into it now as 30 day shred is calling me grin
if i may ask, what form of covenant? What were the physical or spiritual consequences of your actions that prompted you to term it unhealthy? What method are you currently on thats working for you now? The OP needs solution based answers and not just dont do it. He already has a 'solution' at hand.... You need to give him another alternative and what works for you.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Chubhie: 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2013
Kasalx: @ omo alata, I got ur advice.Though dis one is not cele church.
if biblically, you will see lots of accounts where people are told to go bath in the river. Medically you can see it as an exercise and quite refreshing......... Spiritually, it may signify a new you,cleansing etc. But be wary when given concotion to bath along with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Goshen360(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Christians need to understand that bathing or washing in the water under the Old testament is a picture (shadow) of water baptism and the washing or cleaning by the word of God. It's all shadows then under the Old and in Christ, Christians have the reality and fulfillment. Here is it,

UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT

New International Version
Then Moses brought Aaron and his sons forward and washed them with water. - Leviticus 8:6

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. - Psalm 51:7

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. - Ezekiel 36:25

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. - John 3:5

"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me." - John 13:8

You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. - John 15:3

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. - John 17:17

UNDER THE NEW TESTAMENT, We have the fulfillments and reality in Christ. Take a look,

And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name. - Acts 22:16

King James 2000 Bible
And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 6:11

New Living Translation
For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word. - Ephesians 5:25-26

2 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kasalx: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nobody yet have given me a bible supportive point of what I asked off or convinced me biblically.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
^
I just gave it to you. There's no such thing as spiritual bathing in the New Testament church and with the Apostles. Faith in the finished work of Christ for you will save and deliver you. Wait o, if the pastor already prayed for you as you said, does that mean he doesn't have faith in the prayer he prayed?

2 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kasalx: 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ Gohsen 360,I dnt know.I just state things d way I was told.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Goshen360(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
^
I understand you don't know. Many deceivers are out there. I have come a long way in Christ. I've seen many deceptions in the church people. Herein is my power for living, lemme share with you.

English Standard Version
And now I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. - Acts 20:32

It's only God and the word of His Grace that is ABLE TO BUILD YOU UP AND GIVE YOU THE INHERITANCE among ALL those who are sanctified. Think about it! Build you up? Give you THE inheritance? These are not ordinary words, they're powerful if they click to your spirit.

Like our heavenly father has good things in stock and wants us to inherit them. You need to lay hold on God and His word of Grace. Take responsibility for yourself and for your life. God can answer you in prayer of faith (with fasting if possible). If you have come to know Christ, you are righteous in Christ. I don't really know your problem though. Every issues are solved with God in Christ.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by ichuka(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2013
As the Rain and Snow come down from Heaven,and do not return to it without Watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,so that it yields seed for the sewer and bread for the eater,so is My Word that goes out from my mouth it will not return to me empty......Ish55:10-11.
To make her Holy,cleansing her by the washing with Water through the Word...Ephns5:26.
Water is a type of the Word of God in the bible.all you need is to soak/fill yourself with the Word of God,by Reading and Studying your bible daily.by so doing you will be healed and rescued free any satanic bondage....Psalm107:20.
You don't have to go to a river/water(which is just a type) to wash,all you need is the Word of God.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Goshen360(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
^
Bless you bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kasalx: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ I.Chuka,

Advice appreciated.Though the bathing is not in the River, its just normal bathroom bathing which i think will comprise some mixture of thing with the water that will be used for the bathing.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by ichuka(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kasalx: @ I.Chuka,

Advice appreciated.Though the bathing is not in the River, its just normal bathroom bathing which i think will comprise some mixture of thing with the water that will be used for the bathing.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by ichuka(m): 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2013
Kasalx: @ I.Chuka,

you are welcome my brother.but be Very,Very carefull,because some of this MOG's are demonic(most them don't even know that there gifts/acclaimed anointing is not from God)
i was formally a victim to such,it only took the special Grace of God to set me free.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by zangiff(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by jaydude(f): 7:42am On Feb 04, 2013
What happened to all the people Jesus told to go wash in the river and they got healed? I'm not siding those pastors doing it because some might be fake of course, but its possible for God to give such instructions to a real man of God...we only need the Holy spirit to discern true from fake pastors....did Jesus not use spit and sand to heal a blind man? If it were these days everybody would say such a pastor is fake...what is wrong in using water to cleanse if its a direction from God?

3 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by ichuka(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2013
jaydude: What happened to all the people Jesus told to go wash in the river and they got healed? I'm not siding those pastors doing it because some might be fake of course, but its possible for God to give such instructions to a real man of God...we only need the Holy spirit to discern true from fake pastors....did Jesus not use spit and sand to heal a blind man? If it were these days everybody would say such a pastor is fake...what is wrong in using water to cleanse if its a direction from God?
Christ came during the time of the the Law,so all the miracles He performed before His Resurrection was in line with the Jewish Law,did He spit in any one eyes/asked any to go and wash in the river after His Ressuretion?or did Paul/Peter asked any of the early Christain to go and wash in the river to be clean?
Any spirit that tells a Christain to go to any river to wash inorder to be clean is simply not from God Period!!
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by jaydude(f): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2013
Na wah oo before it was old testament versus new testament now its before ressurection versus after resurrection. Isokay!

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by orichards: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
The spiritual bath the manis speaking of is not good. This is demonic and not biblical. This will make a covenant for you with the spirits/ demons that are being worked with. After bathing it may seem to work for a while, then things will turn worst than before. Stay away from spiritual baths and if you have had one, go get delivered by a “real” man of God,
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Folarnd: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2021
I need you to understand something. Every good thing has it's fake. The fact that some priests have become occultic, going about deceiving people, does not mean God cannot use this method to deliver. These are spiritual things and they are very deep. If you can transfer power to anointing oil and use, you can also transfer anointing to water, soap and bath. However, it depends on the priest, the preparation and the ritual. There are a lot of spiritual rituals in the Bible, even in the new testament. One of them is, the holy Communion, it's a ritual where unleavened bread represents the flesh and the wine, represents the blood of Jesus. This is my prescription, don't patronize pastors who use black soaps and incantation and alcohol as ritual for any spiritual bath, but there are those who use white soap like lux, with honey, coconut, with certain selected Psalms as ritual for spiritual bath. This I believe is the right way. Listen this is Africa, some of these ritual with prayers and a life of righteousness can deliver you from certain bondage, how many have had deliverance and sustained the deliverance by mere prayer and fasting. If however, you are in doubt about this, follow your heart and pray the holy Spirit will lead you aright.

3 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2021
2nd kings 5. Naaman was asked to bath 7 times in river jordan.
John 9. Jesus Christ heals a blind man by commanding him to watch mud off his eyes.
I don't have an answer to your question.
Maybe there are things we don't fully understand yet

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
ichuka:

Christ came during the time of the the Law,so all the miracles He performed before His Resurrection was in line with the Jewish Law,did He spit in any one eyes/asked any to go and wash in the river after His Ressuretion?or did Paul/Peter asked any of the early Christain to go and wash in the river to be clean?
Any spirit that tells a Christain to go to any river to wash inorder to be clean is simply not from God Period!!
Your point is, Jesus Christ asking a man to watch his eyes became wrong after the ressurection?
Or that because Paul and Peter did not do it, it is wrong what really is your piont.
Are we following the examples of Paul and Peter or Christ examples
When Jesus was on earth he was not about living the Jewish life. He was about living the perfect example for us to follow.
He went about doing his father's will not doing the Jewish custom.
Please let us not second guess Christ's earthly life. He did not come to live like a jew but to be the son of God

2 Likes

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2021
John 13:1–17 Jesus wash the feet of his disaples .
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by ayomilore: 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
what of pastor/prophetess that will ask you to bring a certain amount of money that they will prepare a soap for you to bath with.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:
John 13:1–17 Jesus wash the feet of his disaples .
Jesus Christ never said what He did was "spiritual bathing"... Where it was recorded that a woman washed Jesus's feet with her tears, wiped it with her hair and perfumed it afterwards... Was that also spiritual bathing?
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never said what He did was "spiritual bathing"... Where it was recorded that a woman washed Jesus's feet with her tears, wiped it with her hair and perfumed it afterwards... Was that also spiritual bathing?
My point is that in the bible, both old and new testament, a lot of washing was done so to outrightly condemn bathing might not be right.
Naaman was comanded to bath 7 times.
Christ commanded the blind boy to wash his eyes.
Christ feet was washed and he also washed the feet of his disaples.
Hence if one is commanded by God to bath, I wouldn't see it as wrong.
If you read the scripture, you would find out that many miracles were wrought through various strange means.
The Lord something's directs us to do so called strange things.
Foe example, Jesus Christ told Peter to go and fish in other to find money to pay tax.
The Lord has his ways. Usually they are not our ways

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:

My point is that in the bible, both old and new testament, a lot of washing was done so to outrightly condemn bathing might not be right.
Naaman was comanded to bath 7 times.
Christ commanded the blind boy to wash his eyes.
Christ feet was washed and he also washed the feet of his disaples.
Hence if one is commanded by God to bath, I wouldn't see it as wrong.
If you read the scripture, you would find out that many miracles were wrought through various strange means.
The Lord something's directs us to do so called strange things.
Foe example, Jesus Christ told Peter to go and fish in other to find money to pay tax.
The Lord has his ways. Usually, they are not our ways
God telling a single individual to take a bath is not spiritual but God commanding obedience as He has in every wise. You, on the other hand claiming that because God commanded a person or more to take a bath implies there is something "Spiritual" about bathing is nothing but the same Spiritual bullsheet that Christianity is today littered with....meaningless doctrines and traditions..lies that have absolutely nothing to do with God or anything He called His followers to.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=97624634] God telling a single individual to take a bath is not spiritual but God commanding obedience as He has in every wise. You, on the other hand claiming that because God commanded a person or more to take a bath implies there is something "Spiritual" about bathing is nothing but the same Spiritual bullsheet that Christianity is today littered with....meaningless doctrines and traditions..lies that have absolutely nothing to do with God or anything He called His followers to.[/quote

I never made such implication. I only say, you and I have no right to question such a command.
I do not claim that God has commanded the bathing but I am simply saying you and I have no right to say God cannot do such. He had done it in the pass. He does not change

1 Like

Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tcwork:

I never made such implication. I only say, you and I have no right to question such a command.
I do not claim that God has commanded the bathing but I am simply saying you and I have no right to say God cannot do such. He had done it in the pass. He does not change
Look, God's commandments are explicitly stated - Read the Gospels to learn of them. Those commandments are what God expects of everyone who follows Him. His personal commands to individuals...rest, bath, go grocery shopping, pray for that man sitting there etc. - are just that commands He gave those particular individuals and not to become ritual for anyone not even the one who was commanded.
Re: Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? by Tcwork: 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=97628874] Look, God's commandments are explicitly stated - Read the Gospels to learn of them. Those commandments are what God expects of everyone who follows Him. His personal commands to individuals...rest, bath, go grocery shopping, pray for that man sitting there etc. - are just that commands He gave those particular individuals and not to become ritual for anyone not even the one who was commanded. [/quote ] I am not sure I understand you. You seem to be saying God cannot command a man to bath and in the very next sentence you contradict yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olumba Obu: 8-year Tenure For Buhari / Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo / Mbaka: They Planned To Use Prostitutes To Set Me Up Before Killing Me

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.