Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Poem: I Am Your Friend By Alade Abayomi Idriswhite - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem: I Am Your Friend By Alade Abayomi Idriswhite (746 Views)

Poem: I Thought I Dont Love Him / Aza Artists And Writers Movement - Abayomi Barber Monthly Meeting / A Poem I Wrote To My Girlfriend Dinah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: I Am Your Friend By Alade Abayomi Idriswhite by Idriswhite(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
I am your mortal god
That loves you
Your angel that guides.
When the sun still sleeps
I will be your dew
That moisten your feet
When the sun shines
I will be light
That shows you the horizon
Maiden moon i metamorphosed
When untrusted sun saunters.

I am the face that gives smile
When others frowned
I am the soothing words
That calm your nerves
The hand that pats your back
When you made it.

Cry on my shoulder
When need be
Bed your head on my chest
To clear the looming mist
Ivy me tighter
When your frail feet
Slip the hill you climb
Switch me on any time
The gloom threatened.

With me,your journey becomes interesting
Music becomes danceable
Path gives way without ado
Doing you help
Makes me your friend.

1 Like

Re: Poem: I Am Your Friend By Alade Abayomi Idriswhite by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2020
Gosh...I love this.

(1) (Reply)

Poem;#rapture# / Nairaland Literature Section Awards 2014..... Your Thoughts. / True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.