Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160597 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
Vic,

You're doing a good job here and many thanks to that.

I'm limited to information when it comes to getting Mexican visa
I don't know if you've talked about it on this thread but I searchd
the whole of NL and could not find a tangible infor about getting
their visa.

Let me know the procedures as they have no website (as at the time i checked google)

Sheyi
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
suxes2005: Vic,

You're doing a good job here and many thanks to that.

I'm limited to information when it comes to getting Mexican visa
I don't know if you've talked about it on this thread but I searchd
the whole of NL and could not find a tangible infor about getting
their visa.

Let me know the procedures as they have no website (as at the time i checked google)

Sheyi
I do not have much knowledge about Mexico immigration rules, i really don't know if they have any special requirement other than the standard regulations that apply to most normal countries
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by angelo82: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
@
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 6:55am On Apr 23, 2013
angelo82: @Vicjustice,I mean Embassy requirements after getting married to a greek girl in Nigeria.Thanks.
Do you need me to translate the original post into your native language?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by oshonuru: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hi friends,
I would like to know if i have chances for securing a US Tourist visa (Conference). I am billed to attend a conference next month. I have made hotel reservations, invitation letter and my embassy interview is scheduled 27th of this month, few days time.
Where i presently work i earn about than N110,000 (3years experience) with not too rich bank statement, like about a million, does this figure pose a threat? Like how much would i need to have?
I would like to know if there are any other requirements apart from those?
Also, i learnt sometimes one might be fortunate not to have them ask for any documents at all, just series of questions. I would like to know the kinds of questions i should be expecting.
I'll really appreciate your inputs, and come here to testify.
Help a brother.... cry ...im in my early 30's.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by toskybrown(f): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
toskybrown:
Thanks oNce again for your prompt response.and yes our marriage is genuine.we have all the facts and proofs.
Thanks vicjustice God bless u.I will here to shall my testimony in jesus name.amen
I just want thank the almighty God.my visa has been granted and I would want to use this opportunity to thank vicjustice and all nairalanders.God bless u all

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 3:17am On Apr 24, 2013
H
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rommello: Hello

I currently reside in the UK but plan to return to Naija in a few months to get married and then depart soon after. My partner is originally from the Phillipines but is a British passport holder. We both have fairly average jobs in the hospitality industry as a chef and restaurant manager. I know the standard of living in the Scandinavian states is quite high but have issues with the extortion like taxes of Norway and the high prices in Denmark. Which would be easiest to emigrate to and which would offer the best future? Canada is also an option that greatly interests me.

I haven't been back to Lagos in about 15 years so the whole visa application process and all that malarkey is new to me. Would the fact that I am recently married and that my wife is present with me in Lagos be an advantage or would it make more sense for her to be already resident in our preferred destination?

I would appreciate getting comments/advice from people that have lived in any of the aforementioned countries alongst with their experiences. I particularly welcome comments from people with a similar story.
Whether the both of you are in Lagos and you are applying for a visa to travel (with her) to any of the EU countries, or she is already in an EU country while you are applying for a visa to join her, you will be entitled to the EU Treaty Rights in either circumstance, unless of course, you are traveling to the UK where she holds citizenship: she doesn't need a visa for Canada and yet, her visa waiver does not benefit you with any special eligibility with rights or privileges.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
y
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by donez(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
Pls Vicjustice when wil application start for DV lottery 2015?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
donez: Pls Vicjustice when wil application start for DV lottery 2015?
DV-2015: Nigeria will become ineligible, as per the recently released 2012 immigration statistics
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eduson33(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2013
Greetings all!.

i have a quick one please.

(if)my company will be sponsoring me for a seminar/training().

Should i use my own financial Doc or that of the company?

what other document do i need from the company?

As ordinary resident holder(not naija),what other document do i need?

Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 03, 2013
Goodafter all and thumbs up to dem regualr guys advising all here..i plan to visit d UK late july 2013..i have gone tru d many threads and seen d docs required of me..intend to spend just a week for holiday..earn abt 450k monthly after tax..married wit 2kids but am travelling alone to apply 4all when i plan to renew if granted (by HIS grace )..am working on getting an invitation letter..have property,life insurance,pension plan,health insurance,company/employee life assurance policy,vehicle(is it necessary?)..my passport expires november 2013..however i just got paid off on my former contract 1million+..also i do a group contribution and my share of 800k will enter my account dis May..hope d both dont qualify as lodgements..also am a lawyer and all my certs are all laminated,will d originals be returned to me as i intend to drop them?...i read here of some new innovations/fees effective last april,wuz d new amount and TANGIBLE new requirements? Finally what re my overall chances of being granted and what additional documents might help me?,,thanks all.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:42am On May 04, 2013
chris.a:
Goodafter all and thumbs up to dem regualr guys advising all here..i plan to visit d UK late july 2013..i have gone tru d many threads and seen d docs required of me..intend to spend just a week for holiday..earn abt 450k monthly after tax..married wit 2kids but am travelling alone to apply 4all when i plan to renew if granted (by HIS grace )..am working on getting an invitation letter..have property,life insurance,pension plan,health insurance,company/employee life assurance policy,vehicle(is it necessary?)..my passport expires november 2013..however i just got paid off on my former contract 1million+..also i do a group contribution and my share of 800k will enter my account dis May..hope d both dont qualify as lodgements..also am a lawyer and all my certs are all laminated,will d originals be returned to me as i intend to drop them?...i read here of some new innovations/fees effective last april,wuz d new amount and TANGIBLE new requirements? Finally what re my overall chances of being granted and what additional documents might help me?,,thanks all.
The documents needed are main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and your documented papers to support your documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2013
..while i appreciate dt someone replied..i dont know whether u read ur advice..cos its more of a anything than seriousness to me..and again coming from u Vicjustice..may b u wld educate me more cos i might b d one who didnt understand ur post..let me not conclude in a haste...am more like embarrassed than disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:45am On May 04, 2013
...and just in case u remain adamant in defense of ur post..i guess u succeeded in stopping me from partiscipating here..all thanks to u...cos for a lawyer of my standing over a decade..and believing no one knows it all..words should be
applied with courtesy rather than be used as a tool of sarcasm.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:53am On May 04, 2013
Well, from your writing manners, I could see that you're learned, and I must be honest in expressing my disappointment when you asked "what additional documents" you need... despite the analysis and explanations that the original article contains.
"It is boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or for that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question over and over and over again. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asked it, so, i have decided to create this narrative list to answer the question conclusively"

So, what do you expect me to say when you asked that question despite reading the article, to begin writing the list all over again?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 04, 2013
..ur point well made..just in case there is a next time and not neccessarily with me..it wld have been best u write that ignorant people like me/us refer to ur 'original post'..just in case we skipped it,i wld lick my wounds and go check it cos dt was y i came here in d 1st place rather than u 'playing with words'..what if i had paid u for ur services?..am not sure u wld b dt impatient with my oversight (while appreciating ur magnanimity here so i dont spoil things 4 other nairalanders who wld need ur attention)..u re like a teacher here and many people irrespective of their social cum academic strata seek advice from u,justwise et all who are professional in their various depts..so it behoves on u to b patient with ur students..Professors are denied visas and probably if they had talked to u guys here they wld have learnt a thing or two..ok i was a boring student so i deserve to be smacked..b good and humble at what u do guy..cos many people wil still get on ur nerves along d way up..on a lighter note i wish i cld c u to buy u a bottle of beer ova d next nigerian game if u have d heart to survive their lack lustre play..note dt i wld still come here 4 advice..cos i am neva ashamed to ask what i dont kno..i wil make u laf with me..and not at me..u tc of urself.

3 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 04, 2013
...thank u Vic.J...i will be back here to doouble check wit u guys (meaning d whole of u dt give us pro bono expert advice on travels here on nairaland,i respect that) before i file in my application..all things being equal..July 2013 ending..u re welcome.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eduson33(m): 8:40am On May 05, 2013
nawa for this reply oo.. grin
Vicjustice: You have earned my respect by keeping your correspondence in a civil and courteous manner, and it would interest me to communicate with you.
Please, understand that this thread was created to address the continuously asked question which had been repeatedly answered... regarding "the documents" needed for this and for that visa applications, so, is it not disappointing to see that someone who supposedly read the main article would still ask the very question that has been addressed?
Please, also understand that you are not the only person to have read the original post and yet came up with this very boring question...
So, seeing that the purpose of this thread is being made invalid with these repeated questions on "documents", i was compelled to give that response which is all about documents, and documents, and documentary documented documentation...
Here are some other posts:

Hence i say: "The documents needed are main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and your documented papers to support your documents amongst other documents in documentary documentation""
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kumulus(m): 11:48am On May 09, 2013
worry 359:
DV-2015: Nigeria will become ineligible, as per the recently released 2012 immigration statistics

Thank God my mum is from Togo, na to run in there claim citizenship..
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by adelegan1: 3:27pm On May 10, 2013
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Africaine(f): 10:32pm On May 16, 2013
Hi Vicjustice,
My husband and I applied for 6months UK tourist visas last year and we were given. I travelled but my husband didn't.Now we intend to renew and apply for visas for ourselves and our kids,we have 3 with virgin passports. My question is the fact that my husband didn't travelled going to act against us? Does dat affect me and the kids. And generally can we apply for 2yrs visas for our kids even though they havnt travelled before?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by solomonwis(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2013
Vicjustice:
The documents needed are main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and your documented papers to support your documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation

I just can't stop laughing each time I read this.

Whenever I need a good laugh,I just read this and I start rolling on the floor
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Waleabimbola(m): 7:20am On May 17, 2013
Africaine: Hi Vicjustice,
My husband and I applied for 6months UK tourist visas last year and we were given. I travelled but my husband didn't.Now we intend to renew and apply for visas for ourselves and our kids,we have 3 with virgin passports. My question is the fact that my husband didn't travelled going to act against us? Does dat affect me and the kids. And generally can we apply for 2yrs visas for our kids even though they havnt travelled before?

Kindly post your question to the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/110
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:42am On May 17, 2013
Africaine: Hi Vicjustice,
Absolutely not, the fact that your husband did not travel with the previous visa is definitely a plus to his next application. Understand that the main concern of visa officers is the possibility of absconding by a visa holder, therefore, in the event that a visa holder did not make use of the visa, that fear is eliminated: therefore, your husband stands a better chance of getting the visa now than in the previous application
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Africaine(f): 9:51am On May 17, 2013
Vicjustice:
Absolutely not, the fact that your husband did not travel with the previous visa is definitely a plus to his next application. Understand that the main concern of visa officers is the possibility of absconding by a visa holder, therefore, in the event that a visa holder did not make use of the visa, that fear is eliminated: therefore, your husband stands a better chance of getting the visa now than in the previous application

this is a big relief,thank you for the prompt response. So can we apply for 2years visas for our kids,with thier virgin passports? they are aged 4,3 and 3months respectively?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:40am On May 17, 2013
Africaine:

this is a big relief,thank you for the prompt response. So can we apply for 2years visas for our kids,with thier virgin passports? they are aged 4,3 and 3months respectively?
Your kids can not have the 2 years visas if you (the parents) do not have it: it is ok for your entire family to apply for such long term multi-entry visas. But bear in mind that two years visa is issued on necessity and not on sequences. So, unless it is deemed necessary (that is if you are constantly in need of visa renewal), the visa officer might not deem it appropriate to approve this kind of visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2013
Pls sir am 24years old bt I have 26years in my intl passport due to typographical error, pls is their any implication 4 dis act?and can I travel wit it by dis mistake or not? TANKS
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:21pm On May 23, 2013
Abiola_balogun: Pls sir am 24years old bt I have 26years in my intl passport due to typographical error, pls is their any implication 4 dis act?and can I travel wit it by dis mistake or not? TANKS
You have not given enough information to work with, therefore, it would be premature to answer your questions

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.