Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? (29030 Views)

Fegor Ogude's Wife Kidnapped In Warri / Why Did Ghana And The Ivory Coast Fail? / The Ivory Coast Has The Best World Cup Uniforms: Hands Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Asports: 2:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
More worries for Stephen Keshi,as it has been confirmed that the duo of John Obi Mikel and Fegor Ogude would miss Nigeria’s quarter-finals clash against Ivory Coast on Sunday.

Both Mikel and Ogude, bagged two yellow cards each in the group stages of the 2013 African Nations Cup,which automatically translates to a one match ban.

Mikel on his part did not know that he would miss the clash with Ivory Coast,even boasting of the Super Eagles chances after the 2-0 defeat of Ethiopia.

“Playing against Ivory Coast is going to be both tough and exciting and some of our opponents are my friends, especially Didier Drogba,” Mikel was quoted to have said after the game on Tuesday.

But upon realizing his fate come Sunday,Mikel told KickOffNigeria.com how sad he is,over his unavailability.

“I found out last night and I am so so upset about it,” Mikel said.

“I was really looking forward to helping the team get past this game” the 25-year old added.

Despite his absence,Mikel believes that the players who would replace him, will do the required job to get Nigeria to semi-finals.

“I’m very disappointed to miss the game. But I am confident that the lads can do the job without us.

“We have a good team here and the new players are working very hard. I have tried to take some responsibility and speak to them, motivate them and give them advice.

“I am sure they will do the country proud.”

Players like Sunday Mba,Nosa Igiebor,Obiora Nwankwo Reuben Gabriel are all expected to fight for a place in starting eleven in the absence of both midfielders.

http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/31/confirmed-mikel-suspended-for-game-with-ivory-coast/ NB The latest news we heard this morning is that he could be available for that game. CAF is expected to clear the air later today.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by uzeba(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mikel wey no dey mark for naija match, mek him go abeg, we have midfielder's better than mikel in Nigeria, the bible says "all things work together for good to them dat believe" and i believe naija will win the game!! First to comment for the first time#dancing alingo#

11 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by goodmike7: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Why nau?

2 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by 50calibre(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0

14 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Kiltoko(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
God dey

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by tunapawizzy: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Actually it makes no difference.....

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by zico2(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
What a bombshell. without mikel this eagles cannot fly. we shall all see
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Ibangap(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mikel- Motivation- Advice. It doesn't add up. What is he advising dem to do? Play like him? Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by huninaija(f): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
Nigeria should just pack there bags and leave with her pride and dignity intact, i don't see this ending well for the super fowls... Ivory coast go use their necks as boxing match ... shocked

Anyways #TeamElephants grin cool
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by hollandis(f): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
I am yet to see mikel's impact in any of the matches

6 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
With mikel out Who's gonna supply the long balls now?

4 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by DJDOLA(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
we are still goin 2 win d match nah....by d grace of GOD....i rep nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by intelligen(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
No iota of truth in dis story..mikel wld play on sunday ,he has jst one yellow card wich has been cancelld goin into d knock-out stage...only ogude wld miss d match

3 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
Hmmph.....
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by yomip3t(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
make dem qualify be koko ! I no send even if na Keshi go play Mikel position.

6 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by naffysa(f): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
even without them we can win
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by lakad4u(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
Second to comment.......when he dey there,wefin happen self,so hin absence na just freestyle....
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by yomip3t(m): 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2013
hornipipe: With mikel out Who's gonna supply the long balls now?
KESHI

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by uzeba(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
goodmike7: Why nau?
u no dey read??

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by nwapee(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
Go eagles. The Lord is ur strength
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by alpamo6: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0

honestly is that so

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by PosCaricature: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
50calibre: Irrelevant! Even if they were to play, it wouldn't stop Ivory Coast from winning. Only thing now is that it may decide how wide the goal margin will be. If it was meant to be 2-0, it would now be 4-0
Enemy of progress. You shall be put to shame.

20 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by practitioner(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ibanga p: Mikel- Motivation- Advice. It doesn't add up.
how do u mean?
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by mailemy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
That's sad,but I Blv the available players will make us proud.
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2013
Its a lie, Mikel cannot be suspended because he only incured one yellow card in the Ethiopia match. Following the rules, it is only when a player has two yellow cards that he automatically gets a suspension from the next match. This just a propagander to bring in confusion into the national team.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by RedLight1: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Good, maybe now we would be forced to play a good passing game instead of those pointless long balls that always end up in the keepers arms
Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by NjaPrince(m): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
I dey smell blessing in disguise for super eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by ceejay80s(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
No mind mikel, he happy say e no go dey among the team wey go chop 6-0 from ivory coast

1 Like

Re: Mikel & Ogude Are Suspended For The Ivory Coast Match? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2013
we dont need him..... He may even betray his country and give chancez to the ivorians.. Since he has a friend there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tobi Amusan Takes On Jasmine Camacho-Quinn At 8:23pm Tonight / Calabar Tragedy: We Tried To Stop Our Husbands From Going To The Viewing Centre / Victor Osimhen Notches 100th Career Goal Faster Than Lionel Messi And Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.