Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (22167 Views)

Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 / Peter Odemwingie, English Premier League Player Of The Month(September) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by onatisi(m): 9:22am On Feb 02, 2013
Peter Odemwingie is vowing to fight any punishment by West Brom after boss Steve Clarke branded his deadline-day trip to QPR “total lunacy”. The West Brom striker was sent home on Friday morning after a 40-minute showdown with Albion officials. Clarke later criticised the Nigerian international, saying: “The first I knew of it is when he appeared on television. It was total lunacy because he didn’t have permission to be at QPR. That’s why QPR turned him away. “There will be a disciplinary process in place. A number of things have happened this week. As always as a club it will be done privately but it will be dealt with.” That could mean a maximum fine of two weeks' wages worth about £70,000. But Odemwingie remains at odds with West Brom, despite claims from Clarke that he was contrite at the morning meeting. The striker is adamant that: * Technical director Dan Ashworth apologised to him over the U-turn and that club offered him an olive branch. * Despite Albion’s denials, he did have permission from Ashworth to go to London once a £3.5million fee had been agreed with QPR. * Ashworth was aware he had been saying goodbye to staff and team-mates. He feels that any attempt to punish him will be unfair and he would call in the players’ union to mediate. A source said: “West Brom have moved the goalposts throughout this whole thing. “Dan Ashworth gave his approval and he knows that. If there is any kind of fine coming then it will not be the end of the matter.” But Clarke insisted: “I don’t know how QPR conduct their business. I know my technical director and chairman kept me fully informed of the process all the way through.” Odemwingie is also annoyed by the suggestion he will have to work his way back into favour with his team-mates. Clarke added: “I am sure he has annoyed his team-mates. There always has to be a way back. “I think there has been a number of high-profile cases where there is a way back. It’s not going to happen overnight, it’s going to happen over time. “I can’t say for sure but I don’t think he’s played his last game for the club. “Maybe he has to apologise. Maybe he has to get back into the squad. Maybe he has to show his team-mates he is willing to help them.”
mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-brom-peter-odemwingie-will-fight-1569936
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2013
mbulela:
guy, give it a break. your Osaze is a tool,stop being an accessory to his idiocy. He drove two hrs to London to discuss personal terms and do a medical for a move he did not have his club's permission.What part of that is not clear? He was chasing QPR.it should have been the other way round. Did you see how Nacho was flown into Shenley Training Centre by Arsenal via a private jet so he could sign for Arsenal on deadline day? you man was busy bursting guts and beating red lights to sign a deal he had not be authorized to. I hope he was wearing a seat belt while driving at high speed?

You are making fun now because you now know that he didn't go to negotitiate with QPR behind West Brom. That has been ϑ point I tried to explain all this while.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
onatisi: Peter Odemwingie is vowing to fight any punishment by West Brom after boss Steve Clarke branded his deadline-day trip to QPR “total lunacy”. The West Brom striker was sent home on Friday morning after a 40-minute showdown with Albion officials. Clarke later criticised the Nigerian international, saying: “The first I knew of it is when he appeared on television. It was total lunacy because he didn’t have permission to be at QPR. That’s why QPR turned him away. “There will be a disciplinary process in place. A number of things have happened this week. As always as a club it will be done privately but it will be dealt with.” That could mean a maximum fine of two weeks' wages worth about £70,000. But Odemwingie remains at odds with West Brom, despite claims from Clarke that he was contrite at the morning meeting. The striker is adamant that: * Technical director Dan Ashworth apologised to him over the U-turn and that club offered him an olive branch. * Despite Albion’s denials, he did have permission from Ashworth to go to London once a £3.5million fee had been agreed with QPR. * Ashworth was aware he had been saying goodbye to staff and team-mates. He feels that any attempt to punish him will be unfair and he would call in the players’ union to mediate. A source said: “West Brom have moved the goalposts throughout this whole thing. “Dan Ashworth gave his approval and he knows that. If there is any kind of fine coming then it will not be the end of the matter.” But Clarke insisted: “I don’t know how QPR conduct their business. I know my technical director and chairman kept me fully informed of the process all the way through.” Odemwingie is also annoyed by the suggestion he will have to work his way back into favour with his team-mates. Clarke added: “I am sure he has annoyed his team-mates. There always has to be a way back. “I think there has been a number of high-profile cases where there is a way back. It’s not going to happen overnight, it’s going to happen over time. “I can’t say for sure but I don’t think he’s played his last game for the club. “Maybe he has to apologise. Maybe he has to get back into the squad. Maybe he has to show his team-mates he is willing to help them.”
mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-brom-peter-odemwingie-will-fight-1569936

Coach Clarke clearly took this stuff to another level. It is clear there was a mix up, he said goodbye to ϑ staffs and fans and signed autographs before leaving.

Osaze said he got clearance from ϑ technical director.

Clarke should have discuss with ϑ hierarchy before his statement.

When I read it on dailymail yesterday, I said to someone, how could Clarke not show his support. I now understand why Osaze wants to leave. As Osaze said, it isn't just ϑ money.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

When I read it on dailymail yesterday, I said to someone, how could Clarke not show his support. I now understand why Osaze wants to leave. As Osaze said, it isn't just ϑ money.
It isn't just money,it is what? he grew up supporting QPR or his mother was born in South London or a little boy inside his head was directing him?
Try another story abeg. it is all about Charlie's mama,pure and simple.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
mbulela:
It isn't just money,it is what? he grew up supporting QPR or his mother was born in South London or a little boy inside his head was directing him?

How does. It isn't just ϑ money mean that money isn't part of it.

Let me help you understand. Osaze meant that apart from the large pay he was being offered by QPR, he is also moved to leave QPR by ϑ doubt and lack of support by ϑ top officials at West Brom.

I hope you understand what he meant by it isn't just ϑ money.
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
mbulela:

If someone wants to quit his job for a better offer in another company and says, It isn't just ϑ money, my boss is impossible to work with.

Does it mean he grew up supporting that company?
grin grin wink
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How does. It isn't just ϑ money mean that money isn't part of it.

Let me help you understand. Osaze meant that apart from the large pay he was being offered by QPR, he is also moved to leave QPR by ϑ doubt and lack of support by ϑ top officials at West Brom.

I hope you understand what he meant by it isn't just ϑ money.
What part of this statement are you struggling to understand?
mbulela:

Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by mbulela: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
Let me help you.
It means that money is the one and only consideration involved. All the other grammar na wash.
Understood?
Re: Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:12am On Feb 03, 2013
mbulela: Let me help you.
It means that money is the one and only consideration involved. All the other grammar na wash.
Understood?

How can money be the one and only thing involved when he is complaining about the way the officials treat him. Please the office analogy explains that apart from money, there could be other issues.

For instance he is one of the big players (if not the biggest player) at West Brom, yet he is not getting enough playing time. Are you sying that is not enough reason to leave?

I have also mentioned that although the technical director gave him clearance, the Team Manager went to blast him at the press conference. It seems as if the manager already has his problem wth Osaze. Eventhe QPR boss Harry said there was a mix up but his team manager stll blsted him. Doesn't that show that the atmosphere there can make him want to leave?

How are you sure that money is the only motivation. Are you in his heart?
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dynamo Kiev Vs Chelsea: Europa Cup (0 - 5) On 14th March 2019 / Bournemouth Vs Liverpool (1 - 0) On 11th March 2023 / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.