Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba (9084 Views)

Malawi Lose To Botswana Ahead Of Eagles Clash / Did Nigeria Threaten Mali To Lose The Match ? / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Mization(m): 8:32am On Feb 01, 2013
Speaking at a post match conference at the end of Wednesday game against Algeria, Wilfred Bony of Cote d’Ivoire simply said: “Now that we are through with the game against Algeria, we are ready for Nigeria.”

However, team captain, Didier Tebily Yves Drogba told The Guardian at the mixed zone that the Elephants will not treat any match involving the Super Eagles with kid gloves saying: “Nigeria is a tough side and we have to approach the game with a different strategy. We can’t afford to lose to Nigeria on Sunday.”

But defender, Emmanuel Eboue, who was on the bench in Wednesday’s game against Algeria said: “Your country (referring to the Super Eagles) are more favoured in this game. We will try our best to win. We just have to win on Sunday because our target here is to win the trophy for our fans and people of Ivory Coast.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112127:-we-cant-afford-to-lose-to-nigeria-on-sunday-says-drogba&catid=59:home&Itemid=620
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by executinal(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2013
Let them keep it coming
Sunday is just two days na

Up super Eagle Up Keshi and Up Nigeria come sunday cool cool

5 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by bosunolu(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2013
OK NOW. WE SHALL SEE.
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by bodescous: 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
It is just basically a 11/11 game....no be by month...Well,dancing Alingo inside my car as the first to comment.
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by HAH: 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
One thing I like with the ivorians for is the fact that they came with a cup winning mentality anything short of that is a failure while other mediocre country are satisfied with just quater or semi finals

that's the spirit in anything if you want to succeed. Don't ever think of being second.

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by knick(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ok na...
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by izenco2005(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
If u believe nigeria will win and drogba will be in shame click like

40 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Babaofor(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Drogba!don't be afraid of those super chickens

3 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by AdemolaA2: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
Well, the likes of drogba and the rest of them have said their own,it is surely going to be a tough game as the super eagles would want to retain the title and ivory coast too will wanna do the same.the winning ties now are still 2-2 and I can only hope and pray Nigeria wins the game on Sun..

4 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by haro2gbasky(m): 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
winkItz rili gon be a tough 1 4 9ja,all da best sha..#teamMoses

3 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Drogba will hang his boots from international football after sundays match,Eagles will beat them this time,i just hope Mikel sits on the bench..i hope he doesnt start the match.

Eagles will lift AFCON trophy.

11 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by alfredo4u(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
drogba i pity u. our guys just recieve d GARRI we sent to dem. If dey eat d garri finish dey wil ve d strenght to win u guys, if dey dont, bh guys go b..o..m..b d stadia

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Ebestsmscom: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
Drogba don prepare for the match.

We shall see.........

But wait ooooh I no trust our super chicken.
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Ranoscky(m): 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
Until then.
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by greall1: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
Old man. Moses dey vex.

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by honeypie143: 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
bodescous: It is just basically a 11/11 game....no be by month...Well,dancing Alingo inside my car as the first to comment.
I don first you now na MTN u Dey use tongue

2 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2013
Everybody wants to win but the truth of the matter is that there can be only one winner.
Let's wait until after 90 minutes or possibly 120minutes.
May the best team eagles win. tongue
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by oba009(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
This is how u see a team that will not go to newspaper saying we will beat SE but keeping mute and train hard to perfect strategy. I hail u legend Drogba. Your country deserve to win this trophy and Nigeria cannot stop that. Up Elephant of Cote d' vouir

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Gboyee4fun(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
No lele, Keshi's squad wont fail Nigerians too

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by hrhobi1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
Drogba get 2 goals for that match.

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Lilnikee(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2013

2 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Revolva(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
I have seen the outcome Nigeria will loose

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Akpan107(m): 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
If Nigerian wins, i will call it a ''Miracle'' if Ivorian wins, i will say ''they Deserve it''

5 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Lbrasi: 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
singing
Nigerians no tension...
we are winning...
by the...
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Mization(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
oba009: This is how u see a team that will not go to newspaper saying we will beat SE but keeping mute and train hard to perfect strategy. I hail u legend Drogba. Your country deserve to win this trophy and Nigeria cannot stop that. Up Elephant of Cote d' vouir
This is so unpatriotic of u dude. Its people like u that don't make me blame the politicians cos with this attitude, U'll do worse than them.

11 Likes

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by baynix(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Droppppeeeer... U Will Fail!!

1 Like

Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by darenxy732: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
i hope dis guys show more comitment day realy nd 2 win dis game up super eagle
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by ceejay80s(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
In response to thread topic: before nko? Ivory coast no fit lose
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by ignis: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
When two elephants fight...
Re: We Cant Afford To Lose To Nigeria - Drogba by Gbenge77(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2013
[quote
author=Babaofor]Drogba!don't be afraid of those super
chickens[/quote] Who are you to refer to the Nigerian NATIONAL TEAM as
super chickens?Can you play better than anyone in the team?Its always
easy criticizing from the sidelines.This is very disgusting.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Remaining Quality For Eden Hazard / The Super Falcons Congratulate Buhari On His Re-election Victory / FG Should Stop Investing In Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.