Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment (1611 Views)

How Appealing Is The Promise Of Eternal Life? / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
I used to teach my children many years ago about Hell fire, in fact I also taught the same to my sisters children.

Many a time, they had nightmares and could not sleep, so scared that they feared that they were at the very brink of being cast into hell by GOD. My sister once asked me to please stop scaring her children.

My children wanted to fall in line because of the fear of endless ages of roasting in the oven of fire, they did not understand God , could not and dared not question this doctrine.

However , as I began to look at the world at large and the church in particular, it bothered me that billions of children who died without Jesus will be cast into a liquid fire not to talk of all those who never heard of Jesus or who were born in a different era.

As I worked very hard, turning the pages of scripture, reading articles and the experiences of others, it dawned on me that I had been hoodwinked for most of my life, either as a catholic or later as a Pentecostal.

The pain, the sorrow and the hurt in my heart was deep , and I had to undo the damage that had been done. Luckily enough I have a very good loving relationship with my children, so a few months ago , after re-educating my wife with evidence from the bible and reasoning, I spent time talking to my children about the love of GOD and how much he cares and yearns for their fellowship. I also gave them the option of life and death, which is accept God's verdict on wickedness , repent from your sins and ask for his grace to flow through your life or reject this offer, continue in wickedness and be denied this opportunity. This made more sense to them.

Now my children will grow up balanced, kind, gentle and hopefully , choose the path of Christ and his Love.

It is my strong belief therefore, that all those who preach hell torment to their children are either knowingly or unknowingly practicing a form of child abuse.

I can assure you that when these children grow up, the majority will abandon the faith once they shake off parental control while the rest will grow up in fear and legalism , passing these negative traits to their children.

Brethren , GOD is LOVE, he that does not LOVE is not of GOD.

"fear has torment but perfect love casts out fear "

Note : God will indeed judge this wicked world and pour out his wrath on stubborn sinners, those who spite his graces and gift of life will be destroyed in Gehenna and never again will they see the light of this world which is Jesus or enjoy the benefits of beloved Father Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by darasam4u: 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
Frosbel, You're highly O.Y.O on these your contradictory messages...
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
darasam4u: Frosbel, You're highly O.Y.O on these your contradictory messages...

stop your emotionalism and come back to reality, the Babylon church has done much damage to the true bible doctrines.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by enilove(m): 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
frosbel: I used to teach my children many years ago about Hell fire, in fact I also taught the same to my sisters children.

Many a time, they had nightmares and could not sleep, so scared that they feared that they were at the very brink of being cast into hell by GOD. My sister once asked me to please stop scaring her children.

My children wanted to fall in line because of the fear of endless ages of roasting in the oven of fire, they did not understand God , could not and dared not question this doctrine.

However , as I began to look at the world at large and the church in particular, it bothered me that billions of children who died without Jesus will be cast into a liquid fire not to talk of all those who never heard of Jesus or who were born in a different era.

As I worked very hard, turning the pages of scripture, reading articles and the experiences of others, it dawned on me that I had been hoodwinked for most of my life, either as a catholic or later as a Pentecostal.

The pain, the sorrow and the hurt in my heart was deep , and I had to undo the damage that had been done. Luckily enough I have a very good loving relationship with my children, so a few months ago , after re-educating my wife with evidence from the bible and reasoning, I spent time talking to my children about the love of GOD and how much he cares and yearns for their fellowship. I also gave them the option of life and death, which is accept God's verdict on wickedness , repent from your sins and ask for his grace to flow through your life or reject this offer, continue in wickedness and be denied this opportunity. This made more sense to them.

Now my children will grow up balanced, kind, gentle and hopefully , choose the path of Christ and his Love.

It is my strong belief therefore, that all those who preach hell torment to their children are either knowingly or unknowingly practicing a form of child abuse.

I can assure you that when these children grow up, the majority will abandon the faith once they shake off parental control while the rest will grow up in fear and legalism , passing these negative traits to their children.

Note : God will indeed judge this wicked world and pour out his wrath on stubborn sinners, those who spite his graces and gift of life will be destroyed in Gehenna and never again will they see the light of this world which is Jesus or enjoy the benefits of beloved Father Yahweh.

The way we present our cases is very important in life.
From all indications,we know that God is love ,kind,merciful and a provider.It is falsehood if we fail to admit that He is a God that hates sins and punishes sinners.For God so love the world that He gave His only Son..... it is not complete if we do not admit that "whosoever does not believe in Jesus shall perish.
God loves us realy but he does not tolerate sin.
When God saved the Israelites He gave them law so that they will not perish.Eventualy,because of sin,only 2 out of 600,000, people got to the promised land.

Hell is not a joke ,but you must educate them that love of God is better and heaven is the most beatiful place that one can ever immagine,and is available only if we obey God.This will not scare them,but would make them to stop commiting sin.

If you present only the bad side of something,nobody would want to go for d thing.

Hell is real and heaven is real,we must decide which one we want out of the two.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
enilove:

The way we present our cases is very important in life.
From all indications,we know that God is love ,kind,merciful and a provider.It is falsehood if we fail to admit that He is a God that hates sins and punishes sinners.For God so love the world that He gave His only Son..... it is not complete if we do not admit that "whosoever does not believe in Jesus shall perish.
God loves us realy but he does not tolerate sin.
When God saved the Israelites He gave them law so that they will not perish.Eventualy,because of sin,only 2 out of 600,000, people got to the promised land.

Hell is not a joke ,but you must educate them that love of God is better and heaven is the most beatiful place that one can ever immagine,and is available only if we obey God.This will not scare them,but would make them to stop commiting sin.

If you present only the bad side of something,nobody would want to go for d thing.

Hell is real and heaven is real,we must decide which one we want out of the two.

No one is going to a HELL or a HEAVEN.

We have 2 options only.

Option 1 : Be born again and become a citizen of the new commonwealth of Israel which will be established on this present earth sometime in the future.

"But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:13

Option 2 : Reject the Son of MAN and be damned to destruction

" By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly." - 2 Peter 3:7
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by enilove(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
frosbel:

No one is going to a HELL or a HEAVEN.

We have 2 options only.

Option 1 : Be born again and become a citizen of the new commonwealth of Israel which will be established on this present earth sometime in the future.

"But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." - 2 Peter 3:13

Option 2 : Reject the Son of MAN and be damned to destruction

" By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly." - 2 Peter 3:7

What is the meaning of psalm 16:10 "For thou will not leave my soul in hell".
Matt 13:42"And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Did Jesus not mentioned hell in the bible?

The people with the second option are those that will go to hell.As given above.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by inspiredbyGOD(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
let us take a look at the famous verse John 3:16 in order to know the fate of the wicked.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Q: What does perish mean?
A: It means to be utterly destroyed.

Q: What does it mean for someone to be destroyed?
A: Someone is destroyed when the person ceases to exist.

Q: What is the reward for doing the will of Christ?
A: Everlasting life.

Q: What is the reward(punishment) for rejecting Christ?
A: Everlasting Death.

Whichever way you want to look at it, for people to be burning inside hottttt fire forever and ever, they must also have everlasting life (that is what you're preaching if you believe in the hell fire doctrine). Besides, what pleasure would God derive from burning HIS own creation endlessly?
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2013
This is a false message from you which i cannot fall for. There is hell and there is heaven. Souls are in both places now. A sinner goes to hell when he dies while a saved soul goes to heaven. God has over the years backed this up with testimonies from thousands upon thousands of people accross the globe who have experienced this. These includes christians of different denominations, muslims, buhdists, atheists, pagans. It has happened to people i know too.These testimonies have always brought revival to churches and people that listened to them and of course i know that satan cannot be part of anything that will make people to pray for salvation. As long as these people of different countries cultures and religous background who experienced this said the same thing about it and even repented and were saved thereafter, then you are just deceiving yourself and those cheap souls that will fall for your cheap gospel. God backs his words with testimonies so we cant rule out these testimonies. Wether you believe it or not is immaterial. someone just said here that you are On Your Own in this belief and i concur. God is not wicked. He is a God of justice and justice does not mean freedom from punishment for an offender. Keep deciving yourself(and i mean on this very hell torment issue).
frosbel: I used to teach my children many years ago about Hell fire, in fact I also taught the same to my sisters children.

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]This is a false message from you which i cannot fall for. There is hell and there is heaven. Souls are in both places now.

Wrong

According to the bible, all the dead are dead and waiting for resurrection. I choose the bible truth over the doctrine of your denomination.

A sinner goes to hell when he dies while a saved soul goes to heaven.

Wrong again .

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

according to your denominational doctrine, the above statement from Jesus is a lie, because he has no need to come back and take Christians to himself , they are already with him.

God has over the years backed this up with testimonies from thousands upon thousands of people accross the globe who have experienced this. These includes christians of different denominations, muslims, buhdists, atheists, pagans. It has happened to people i know too.

and yet there is not ONE story in the bible of anyone who was raised from the dead giving an account of hell or heaven.

These are all false and fake visions and not at all biblical , if it cannot be backed by scripture, it is false.

These testimonies have always brought revival to churches and people that listened to them and of course i know that satan cannot be part of anything that will make people to pray for salvation.

Revival is always brought about by the reading of the word of GOD and repentance, not false visions. To base revival on signs and wonders and not the inerrant word of GOD is deception.

"And Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, “This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn or weep.” For all the people wept as they heard the words of the Law." - Nehemiah 8:9

As long as these people of different countries cultures and religous background who experienced this said the same thing about it and even repented and were saved thereafter,

saved by fear or by truth ?

No wonder the rate of backsliding is tremendous because many were not converted through genuine repentance and the perfect law of GOD which can convert the soul.

In the acts of the apostles, not one soul was saved by visions or dreams , they were all saved by listening to the word of GOD.

"When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" - Acts 2:37

then you are just deceiving yourself and those cheap souls that will fall for your cheap gospel.

what is the true gospel according to Jesus ? Eternal torment ?

The gospel of fear and threats is what you may be unknowingly preaching.

You better choose between the fear of MAN ( Apostolic Faith doctrine ) and the WORD of GOD ( Truth ) .
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 12:30am On Feb 02, 2013
@frosbel,
If you like keep misapplying the bible to push your false teachings i couldnt be bothered. Satan did same when he tempted Jesus. The reason for backsliding is not that people were saved out of fear of this testimonies but because most of these churches are not even leading people the way of genuine salvation so drop that defence. By the time you leave this world and face the reality, then you ll understand. What i gathered from your story is that the fear of hell and sympathy for your children receiving the hard message of hell led you into that false research of the scriptures. Satan truly led you into that research and you need to run away from it. Stop being afraid of hell my brother. It is the fear of hell that leads you into all those false researches and teachings.
I still maintain that testimonies are used by God to support his word. None of those people have come out during their testimonies to give a contrary description of hell from that of the bible which is- a place of torment. Telling me that nobody woke up to tell such stories in the bible is just part of the devil's deceit on you.
There is nothing that can make a muslim to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make a buhdist to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make a pagan to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make an atheist to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
These are testimonies we have seen and heard people give accross the world and you are telling me your false teachings.
If these testimonies were coming from people from just one particular church only, i would have believed you.
If these testimonies were coming from christians alone, may be you would have convinced me.
But when its coming from even unexpected quarters, then you are deceiving yourself because you cant tell God when you meet him on the other side of eternity that you did not hear.
I can tell you that many souls have been saved through these testimonies and a lot of them are still serving God for years now so dont even bring up that your condemnation.
Now you behave like an atheist.
An atheist does not believe that there is God because he has not experienced him in his life. Even when you give him your testimony of how you experienced God in your life he will say you were drunk or sick or being deceived.
Same you are doing here. Because you have not personally had this experience, you condemn thousands upon thousands of people accross the globe who said they ve experienced it. And of course because you are a christian you quickly gathered bible quotations and misapplied them to push down your false teachings. Are you God? Or will you direct God on how he will carry out his work? This is simply the spirit of atheism in disguise- condemning something people said they ve proved simply because the message is too hard for you.
Teach your children that we go to heaven by GRACE. Simple. Stop giving them your false teaching because it wont help them. Your false teaching can even make somebody to decide not to be saved since after all he will just burn up at the end of the day. Then when the person, at the end of the day, dies and discover that you lied to him, it would have been late to make amends. Stop deciving your children. I dont have any need to be afraid of hell because I am not going to heaven by my strenght but by GOD'S GRACE. "for by strenght shall no man prevail" (1 samuel 2:9)
The disciples of Jesus, just like you, also got caught up with fear in one of the hard messages that Jesus gave to them about entering heaven. the bible said: "and they were exceedingly amazed, saying, who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them and said unto them, with men this is impossible but with God all things are possible"( matthew 19:23-26). Always bear this in mind and stop this your fear of hell. God bless and grant us all heaven at last. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]@frosbel,
If you like keep misapplying the bible to push your false teachings i couldnt be bothered.

I am not bound by the teachings of any denomination, I use the raw material of bible truths.

Satan did same when he tempted Jesus. The reason for backsliding is not that people were saved out of fear of this testimonies but because most of these churches are not even leading people the way of genuine salvation so drop that defence. By the time you leave this world and face the reality, then you ll understand. What i gathered from your story is that the fear of hell and sympathy for your children receiving the hard message of hell led you into that false research of the scriptures. Satan truly led you into that research and you need to run away from it. Stop being afraid of hell my brother. It is the fear of hell that leads you into all those false researches and teachings.

A rather absurd conclusion.

How can I be fearful of HELL if I believe in , and follow Jesus. This is a rather presumptuous assumption on your part.

I am not fazed by threats of the institutionalised church and their doctrines, rather I abide by the simple truths of scripture.

GOD is not in the Fear and Torture business, better revise your belief system, following a denomination with it's rigid set of rules and regulations is actually working according to the traditions of men.

Finally, I have come to my conclusion from in depth reasonings ( using my brain of course smiley ) , deciphering simple truths of scripture and deriving the correct interpretations ,totally independent from the tradition of MAN or his institutionalized church system.

I still maintain that testimonies are used by God to support his word.

God's word stands sure and is independently able to verify and confirm sound doctrine.

"Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens." - Psalm 119:89

None of those people have come out during their testimonies to give a contrary description of hell from that of the bible which is- a place of torment. Telling me that nobody woke up to tell such stories in the bible is just part of the devil's deceit on you.
There is nothing that can make a muslim to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make a buhdist to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make a pagan to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.
There is nothing that can make an atheist to come out and testify that he experienced the reality of heaven and hell and gave his life to Christ if he did not have the experience.

Acording to your false doctrine, people are no longer saved by the WORD of GOD and preaching, they are now saved by seeing visions, many of which cannot be backed by the bible but are based on the illusions of MEN.

No doubt there will be visions of seeing Jesus and the danger of lake of fire to some degree , but the nonsense we keep hearing and seeing about torture chambers in Hell where demons are in charge, of men who visit Heaven and see Jesus, talk to him etc, is FALSE and unscriptural.

Stop this heathen belief.

These are testimonies we have seen and heard people give across the world and you are telling me your false teachings.

I rely on the bible and God's wisdom for doctrine, you go the extra mile looking for visions and dreams, be careful lest you are deceived.

If these testimonies were coming from people from just one particular church only, i would have believed you.
If these testimonies were coming from christians alone, may be you would have convinced me.

According to your logic , we should now accept dreams and visions that do not line up with the WORD of GOD , example Mary Baxter etc.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 1:21am On Feb 02, 2013
^^^^I still stand by my words and God saves us trough hearing his word either by way of testimonies, preaching, visions/revelations, reading the word etc. The end point is that we are saved. Wether the testimony came from Mary Baxter or even my next door neighbour. As long as it agrees with bibles description of hell and his life reflects that of a saved soul, thats ok. The one i will not believe is if someone tells me that he saw hell and that its a cool place, no torment, joy all over. Of course i wont believe the person because thats not the description bible gave us about hell. You have no right to condemn anybody who said he has experienced this. If atheists condemn you when you say you have experienced God you feel bad so stop doing same to others.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]^^^^I still stand by my words and God saves us trough hearing his word either by way of testimonies, preaching, visions/revelations, reading the word etc

Repentance can only come from hearing the word of GOD , not through visions and dreams.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" - Romans 10:14

Most of the visions seen by Muslims are of Jesus ,not heaven , besides these Muslims have been saved only after reading the scriptures, believing it and repenting from their past sins.

We have to test everything oncluding how we ca Wether the testimony came from Mary Baxter or even my next door neighbour. As long as it agrees with bibles description of hell and his life reflects that of a saved soul, thats ok.

It appears you are not taking Apostle John's advice.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1

Mary Baxter's vision of HELL is total nonsense and does not in anyway line up with the bible.

If you want to believe it , that's your prerogative.

The one i will not believe is if someone tells me that he saw hell and that its a cool place, no torment, joy all over. Of course i wont believe the person because thats not the description bible gave us about hell. You have no right to condemn anybody who said he has experienced this. If atheists condemn you when you say you have experienced God you feel bad so stop doing same to others.

In the light of the bible truths your opinion is null and void, what matters is what God says, the doctrine of eternal torment is a doctrine of demons, be careful that your are not spreading poison.

Problem with those who belong to denominations is that they are almost unable to think outside the creeds and traditions of their church.

God help us.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2013
Am not carried away by your quotations. Even all these pastors that deceive their congregation also quote bible to succeed in their evil act. I have the bible and the spirit of God that interprets it to me. When i hear the truth from my church or any church i know it so stop talking about following my church. I have said it, your teaching is FALSE and i wont fall for it.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2013
enilove:

Matt 13:42"And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The people with the second option are those that will go to hell.As given above.
i like ur misuse of the word of God.if hell was a place of no return and total rejection 4rm God,why did the psalmist prayed to God not to leave his soul there?the word translated as hell is sheol(hades in greek)which is mankind's common grave,not a burning place.
why dont we as earthly fathers or parents burn our children's whole arm for playing with a burning candle,yet we say our heavenly father that loves us beyond measures would burn us for billions of uncountable years for sins done for just a few years;even earthly judges would sentence to jail for just a few years without fire.
catholics started the lie not jesus christ.before you believe it,first put ur handsome or ugly face in a burning stove for 5minutes then perhaps you'll see how good the doctrine is.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2013
enilove:

i like ur misuse of the word of God.if hell was a place of no return and total rejection 4rm God,why did the psalmist prayed to God not to leave his soul there?the word translated as hell is sheol(hades in greek)which is mankind's common grave,not a burning place.
why dont we as earthly fathers or parents burn our children's whole arm for playing with a burning candle,yet we say our heavenly father that loves us beyond measures would burn us for billions of uncountable years for sins done for just a few years;even earthly judges would sentence to jail for just a few years without fire.
catholics started the lie not jesus christ.before you believe it,first put ur handsome or ugly face in a burning stove for 5minutes then perhaps you'll see how good the doctrine is.

1 Like

Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2013
^^^ Yes, I concur. All hell fire proponents should put their faces in a hot boiling pepper soup for a second just to feel a fraction of what they are wishing for others.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
alexleo: Am not carried away by your quotations. Even all these pastors that deceive their congregation also quote bible to succeed in their evil act. I have the bible and the spirit of God that interprets it to me. When i hear the truth from my church or any church i know it so stop talking about following my church. I have said it, your teaching is FALSE and i wont fall for it.

I am not a teacher or even trying to make you believe anything, I am simply repeating what the bible says.

You seem to fall for visions and dreams though , this is enough cause for worry.

But , I understand the difficulty denominationalists have , if they dare question or refute one of their denominations doctrine, they lose all , including fellowship, friends and sometimes family. This happened to me except of course my family who I regained.

Well, the bible said that the religious will put the real Christians out of their synagogues for preaching the truth. I will rather fear GOD than MAN and his interpretations of what is truth.

"..They will put you out of the synagogues " - John 16:2
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Segeggs: i like ur misuse of the word of God.if hell was a place of no return and total rejection 4rm God,why did the psalmist prayed to God not to leave his soul there?the word translated as hell is sheol(hades in greek)which is mankind's common grave,not a burning place.

You are right, the catholics started it.

For example this link leads to a very insightful and informative article.

http://www.biblestudents.com/endtimes_sum03.cfm
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
An excerpt from the above link.

Torment: The Ultimate Fear Factor

The fear of eternal torment has terrified Christians for nearly 1,700 years. History records that every device of tyranny, persecution and torture in the name of God and religion, has flourished to frighten the uneducated church goer into believing. Harold O.J. Brown, a theology professor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, declares the effectiveness of the fear of hell-fire compared to that of simple non-existence at death: "...annihilationism [non-existence as a penalty for sin] takes some of the punch out of Gospel preaching. To tell the unrepentant that the worst fate that could befall them is extinction makes continuing in sin seem less risky."

Is God honored by such fear tactics? "Their fear toward me is taught by the precepts of men...." (Isa. 29:13) His desire is a willing and obedient heart motivated purely by love for Him and His righteousness—not motivated by fear. Pagans built sacrificial altars to their false god, Baal, where they burned their children alive in the fire. But God Himself declares that such a concept "never did enter My mind." (Jer.19:5) The idea of torture is abhorrent to God. He forbade it in the Law of the Jews. The Apostle John states that "God is love... perfect love casts out fear because fear hath torment." 1 John 4:16-18

Entire congregations have been held captive to this fearsome interpretation of Scripture for centuries, because they have been unable to deny such a claim without the privilege of owning a Bible. Today, in this time of enlightenment, with free access to Bibles and study materials, investigation is not only possible, but also a necessity to understanding the true character of God and His loving plans for all­—including those who do not accept Christ now. Indeed, for a Christian today to subscribe to such a doctrine without thorough investigation would be dishonoring to a God of love.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by brainpulse: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
The Truth about Hell
by Terry Watkins

“And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments. . .” Luke 16:23

What you're about to read is hard to believe. . .

We're going to examine the place the Bible calls hell. We'll present documented evidence for a place called hell. Don't take what you're going to read lightly. If what you read is true — YOU COULD BE IN SERIOUS DANGER!

Several years ago a book was published, entitled Beyond Death's Door by Dr. Maurice Rawlings. Dr. Rawlings, a specialist in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease, resuscitated many people who had been clinically dead. Dr. Rawlings, a devout atheist, "considered all religion "hocus-pocus" and death nothing more than a painless extinction". But something happened in 1977 that brought a dramatic change in the life of Dr. Rawlings! He was resuscitating a man, terrified and screaming — descending down into the flames of hell:
"Each time he regained heartbeat and respiration, the patient screamed, "I am in hell!" He was terrified and pleaded with me to help him. I was scared to death. . . Then I noticed a genuinely alarmed look on his face. He had a terrified look worse than the expression seen in death! This patient had a grotesque grimace expressing sheer horror! His pupils were dilated, and he was perspiring and trembling — he looked as if his hair was "on end."
Then still another strange thing happened. He said,"Don't you understand? I am in hell. . . Don't let me go back to hell!" . . .the man was serious, and it finally occurred to me that he was indeed in trouble. He was in a panic like I had never seen before."
(Maurice Rawlings, Beyond Death's Door,(Thomas Nelson Inc., 1979) p. 3).
Dr. Rawlings said, no one, who could have heard his screams and saw the look of terror on his face could doubt for a single minute that he was actually in a place called hell!

The Bible continually warns of a place called hell. There are over 162 references in the New Testament alone which warns of hell. And over 70 of these references were uttered by the Lord Jesus Christ!

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by brainpulse: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
HELL IS A PLACE OF FIRE

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 02, 2013
^^

A typical case of bible quotation without application of wisdom , reasonings and void of correct passage contextualization.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by brainpulse: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^

A typical case of bible quotation without application of wisdom , application and void of correct passage contextualization.

A typical case of someone that always apply his wisdom and corrections to suit his own personal biblical interpretations.

Once it does not hurt or taste bitter then its never the TRUTH- brainpulse
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
brainpulse:

A typical case of someone that always apply his wisdom and corrections to suit his own personal biblical interpretations.

stop being a fanatic brother, read your bible and ask for wisdom, you don't have to abide by your denominations creeds and tradition. wink

Peace cheesy
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by brainpulse: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
My dear brother, its not a case of been fanatic about this issue or applying my personal interpretations but a case of either accepting the Truth as spelt out or rejecting them by way of changing its context.

If God is the same yesterday, today and forever Heb 13:8, then I should ask my self some questions. if the bible says He is a loving and a kind God, then why did He destroy the same Men he created and love. Why will He destroy the whole city of Jericho, Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with burning hails,children of Isreal( that He handed them over to raiders who plundered them. He sold them to their enemies all around, whom they were no longer able to resist)? The same God that loved them.

Why and Why? We should not be emotional or blind our eyes away from one thing they all have in common, that once a man abhors inquity in Him, the same loving and kind God is just and can go to any extent to do anything He wishes?

The personalty of God is never complete if we only discuss about is love but not His anger( wrath) if we are to obey His words. WHy will the same God love and will destroy and kill? Simple He has done everything and everything for men, to sacrifice a whole Man just to save them, then you should know the same God means business and real business.

Rom 1:18,For God's anger is being revealed from Heaven against all impiety and against the iniquity of men who through iniquity suppress the truth. God is angry.

But its unfortunate if God decides to do anything no one can hold him back, wheather His decision seems right or emotionally wrong.

If the Bible says it I believe it without changing It- What I believe.

The same God is ready to accept us anytime, if we change from our wicked ways, that his my loving God. But if we are unrepentant the consequence can be devastating.
I dont need to change or twist the bible for anything because I have nothing to gain from that.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel: ^^

A typical case of bible quotation without application of wisdom , reasonings and void of correct passage contextualization.

A typical case of one who is wallowing in self decit thinking he understands the bible more than others. Stop being afraid of hell and face the bitter truth of it.

frosbel:

stop being a fanatic brother, read your bible and ask for wisdom, you don't have to abide by your denominations creeds and tradition. wink

Peace cheesy
Stop being afraid of hell and thereby watering down the hard truth about it. You think all these things you are posting will change hell to suit your false interpretations. keep deceiving yourself
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 8:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel:

I am not a teacher or even trying to make you believe anything, I am simply repeating what the bible says.

"..They will put you out of the synagogues " - John 16:2

you are simply watering down the hard truth about hell just because you are afraid of it.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by alexleo(m): 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
You ve spoken the truth and nothing but the truth. Dont mind our brother frosbel and his cohorts who are being emotional and sentimental about God's judgment. As if God will change what he has mapped out for the wicked because of the false message and belief they are spreading here.

brainpulse: My dear brother, its not a case of been fanatic about this issue or applying my personal interpretations but a case of either accepting the Truth as spelt out or rejecting them by way of changing its context.

If God is the same yesterday, today and forever Heb 13:8, then I should ask my self some questions. if the bible says He is a loving and a kind God, then why did He destroy the same Men he created and love. Why will He destroy the whole city of Jericho, Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with burning hails,children of Isreal( that He handed them over to raiders who plundered them. He sold them to their enemies all around, whom they were no longer able to resist)? The same God that loved them.

Why and Why? We should not be emotional or blind our eyes away from one thing they all have in common, that once a man abhors inquity in Him, the same loving and kind God is just and can go to any extent to do anything He wishes?

The personalty of God is never complete if we only discuss about is love but not His anger( wrath) if we are to obey His words. WHy will the same God love and will destroy and kill? Simple He has done everything and everything for men, to sacrifice a whole Man just to save them, then you should know the same God means business and real business.

Rom 1:18,For God's anger is being revealed from Heaven against all impiety and against the iniquity of men who through iniquity suppress the truth. God is angry.

But its unfortunate if God decides to do anything no one can hold him back, wheather His decision seems right or emotionally wrong.

If the Bible says it I believe it without changing It- What I believe.

The same God is ready to accept us anytime, if we change from our wicked ways, that his my loving God. But if we are unrepentant the consequence can be devastating.
I dont need to change or twist the bible for anything because I have nothing to gain from that.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
alexleo:

you are simply watering down the hard truth about hell just because you are afraid of it.

The Apostolic Faith doctrine on Hell Fire can be very wrong, after all they got the medicine one wrong along with others.

I adjure you to stop following MEN.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
alexleo:

A typical case of one who is wallowing in self decit thinking he understands the bible more than others. Stop being afraid of hell and face the bitter truth of it.

Stop being afraid of hell and thereby watering down the hard truth about it. You think all these things you are posting will change hell to suit your false interpretations. keep deceiving yourself

Afraid of hell cheesy

You do err , not knowing the true gospel or the purpose for which Christ came, he came not to destroy lives but to save lives, send that your HELL FIRE doctrine back to SATAN where it came from.
Re: My Story On Child Abuse And The Doctrine Of Eternal Torment by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
brainpulse:

note the underlined ,'is being', as in the present tense, God's wrath is presently being revealed in the lives of rebellious men and women , and this will culminate at the second coming of Jesus when God's final wrath will be poured out upon the wicked men and demons.

This wrath will be in the form of destruction of the ungodly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why do people Help A God / Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box / Why Is Mark 11:26 Not In The Revised Standard Version Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.