Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. (6781 Views)

Share Your Online Business Experience Here / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience / Real Life Business Experience Pains And Gains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
Hello guys let’s talk about babies cosmetics and accessories business. I am in to this business since last year and have gained some experience. I import BOOTS baby products from UK and the business is not bad. Lets share our ideas here and also gain more information on this thread.so lets go guys[

3 Likes

Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by go4value(m): 3:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
am into babies to though have not imported,but wil like source cloths from china.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
@Go4value you are welcome,do you sell diapers, Baby comestics, clothings etc? how is your experience.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
Depending on what exactly you wanna source from china,will get back here to give little infor i know about that,i have bought from Dubai baby clothings when i travelled last November.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 6:36am On Feb 02, 2013
@Go4value, you can source baby clothings from China in alibaba.com,you can search for sellers of baby clothings there alot of sellers there will come out.choose the sellers you want and initiate a chat with them or send them mails on their products.Ask them to send to your box clearer pictures of the products you want.also ask for price list and minimum quantity you can buy.Though i have not buy baby cloths from china but i have saved lot of sellers i like their products in alibaba i intend to buy from them soon,i have only bought flash drives from alibaba and i got good quality flash then that was my first importation from china that was about 4 year ago.

You can use any reliable shipping agent in china to bring down your goods to naija,like Chrisvicmall as i learnt they are good but i shipped my flahs then through the help of my friend in china.

Guys send in your experience and ideas lets make this thraed flowing.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 10:46am On Feb 02, 2013
I created a thread last week on baby and children products but never got a response on it . A major retail company here in the US had a 40feet container of children stuff for sell, I was tempted to buy and ship the entire goods but wanted to hear directly from buyers but no answer. In the future I may get same opportunity. My fellow bloggers, is such biz lucrative and if so can I sell a 40 feet container load of children clothes, strollers, car seats,walker and diapers within a week? I would not mind legitimate wholesale buyers to contact me
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
@Pacemaker,You are welcome on this thread,you can bring in all these items but try and ask what is the market price.I dont know if you can finish selling a 40 ft container within a week but all the items you mentioned sell well here,like huggies diapers,huggies and Johnson wipes,baby blankets,baby soft shoes,baby stockings,baby food like sma and other american baby foods but make sure you buy less than 50 pcs cos the are contra band but few numbers are ok,children school bags and shoes,baby warmers,baby sterilizers,baby towels,then the johnson baby products from usa moves here alot,the soap,lotion,powder,oil and bath, baby bibs,baby sleep suits the short sleeve suits sell faster etc you can add few groundnut oil such sell here too. i hope this little info help, i hope some one else in o this business will come up with more info.Regards.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
promise2: @Pacemaker,You are welcome on this thread,you can bring in all these items but try and ask what is the market price.I dont know if you can finish selling a 40 ft container within a week but all the items you mentioned sell well here,like huggies diapers,huggies and Johnson wipes,baby blankets,baby soft shoes,baby stockings,baby food like sma and other american baby foods but make sure you buy less than 50 pcs cos the are contra band but few numbers are ok,children school bags and shoes,baby warmers,baby sterilizers,baby towels,then the johnson baby products from usa moves here alot,the soap,lotion,powder,oil and bath, baby bibs,baby sleep suits the short sleeve suits sell faster etc you can add few groundnut oil such sell here too. i hope this little info help, i hope some one else in o this business will come up with more info.Regards.
Thanks for this info, I heard about the groundnut oil thing few years ago but never took it serious...lol. Doesn't naija produce such commodity? I am oppportuned to have access to majority of the things you stated above but it has to be in container only. The companies wont sell few. I am glad you open such thread maybe we will get more buzz on here. I have a friend that brings car part to Nigeria and he sells within a week. I really need such biz I can do and then rush back to my base within a week . I will call my seller and ask for mix lot as you mentioned. One thing I don't like though people tend to price your stuff below cost price not thinking of the money spent on logistics.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2013
promise2: @Pacemaker,You are welcome on this thread,you can bring in all these items but try and ask what is the market price.I dont know if you can finish selling a 40 ft container within a week but all the items you mentioned sell well here,like huggies diapers,huggies and Johnson wipes,baby blankets,baby soft shoes,baby stockings,baby food like sma and other american baby foods but make sure you buy less than 50 pcs cos the are contra band but few numbers are ok,children school bags and shoes,baby warmers,baby sterilizers,baby towels,then the johnson baby products from usa moves here alot,the soap,lotion,powder,oil and bath, baby bibs,baby sleep suits the short sleeve suits sell faster etc you can add few groundnut oil such sell here too. i hope this little info help, i hope some one else in o this business will come up with more info.Regards.
Are you based in Lagos or Eastern Nigeria? I wouldn't mind getting price list for those items you listed above. Daipers me think is a saturated biz cos majority of the baby advert I see here are on diapers sale
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pacemaker:
Are you based in Lagos or Eastern Nigeria? I wouldn't mind getting price list for those items you listed above. Daipers me think is a saturated biz cos majority of the baby advert I see here are on diapers sale

i am base in Lagos, but i work while i have a small shop where my kid sister help me out on the business. i can see if she can help and get the price list for you bcuz i am be busy to do that but then she is in the market she can, as per diaper yes is saturated but the usa huggies move fast and preferable.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
promise2:

i am base in Lagos, but i work while i have a small shop where my kid sister help me out on the business. i can see if she can help and get the price list for you bcuz i am be busy to do that but then she is in the market she can, as per diaper yes is saturated but the usa huggies move fast and preferable.
Quick response. I will appreciate it if she can get as much info for me, I may give you guys Preferential treatment for first hand goodies if all goes well.

1 Like

Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pacemaker:
Thanks for this info, I heard about the groundnut oil thing few years ago but never took it serious...lol. Doesn't naija produce such commodity? I am oppportuned to have access to majority of the things you stated above but it has to be in container only. The companies wont sell few. I am glad you open such thread maybe we will get more buzz on here. I have a friend that brings car part to Nigeria and he sells within a week. I really need such biz I can do and then rush back to my base within a week . I will call my seller and ask for mix lot as you mentioned. One thing I don't like though people tend to price your stuff below cost price not thinking of the money spent on logistics.

yes some are produced in naija still contra band but few gallons in the container wouldnt cause issue juts to mix up what you are bringing in.yes i also have a friend into spare parts business load his container in UK and sell all in few days,you know business differs but i urge you to buy varieties of baby stuffs and ship,come down here sell and go with your money,many Nigerians you can not trust them.As you do this little by little you make your contacts and grow your business.there are other stuff you can bring from US you can sell here fast,will help you research on that and see what i can come up with.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pacemaker:
Quick response. I will appreciate it if she can get as much info for me, I may give you guys Preferential treatment for first hand goodies if all goes well.

i just called a friend where my kid sister learnt the kiddies stuffs and her anty is in US and bring whole lot of baby and other goods from Usa,she mentioned that WESSON oil really moves and other items,so by next week i will send my sister to go to her and get a comprehensive list of products and price list that moves fast.she talked about quacker oat also moves, any way until we get the list.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
promise2:

yes some are produced in naija still contra band but few gallons in the container wouldnt cause issue juts to mix up what you are bringing in.yes i also have a friend into spare parts business load his container in UK and sell all in few days,you know business differs but i urge you to buy varieties of baby stuffs and ship,come down here sell and go with your money,many Nigerians you can not trust them.As you do this little by little you make your contacts and grow your business.there are other stuff you can bring from US you can sell here fast,will help you research on that and see what i can come up with.
The bible says; it will be difficult for a camel to pass through the eyes of a needle which I then interprete to be, it will be difficult for a Nigerian to pass trust test. I have dealt with them on nairaland and in my family, same ol dishonest bunch. It takes a microscope to find a honest person, it used to be good back in the days but not anymore.Nigerians get excited when CEO of top companies like google visit Nigeria, meanwhile these guys spend months in countries like Namibia, Botswana and Tanzania doing biz with their citizens. Trust goes a long way and unfortunately we are not liked abroad cos of some bad eggs. I will be in Nigeria sometime but any further discussion between us should be email or phone call based.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 7:16am On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=Pacemaker]
The bible says; it will be difficult for a camel to pass through the eyes of a needle which I then interprete to be, it will be difficult for a Nigerian to pass trust test. I have dealt with them on nairaland and in my family, same ol dishonest bunch. It takes a microscope to find a honest person, it used to be good back in the days but not anymore.Nigerians get excited when CEO of top companies like google visit Nigeria, meanwhile these guys spend months in countries like Namibia, Botswana and Tanzania doing biz with their citizens. Trust goes a long way and unfortunately we are not liked abroad cos of some bad eggs. I will be in Nigeria sometime but any further discussion between us should be email or phone call based.[/quote

You are right on what you said majority are not to be trusted but there are some that are trust worthy,i have met some here who have helped me one way or the other or whom i have also helped. i can eve invite them here to comment,like i met this guy in the Uk in nairaland here,i was looking for information on how to start baby cosmetics and accessories business,he was also looking for information,do you know we started sharing information and we got all we needed to know on the business by then i sent my sister in the Uk some money to help me buy all my goods but she delayed and complained of time and my business is all about turn over quick one because the profit margin is not much but the main positive thing about it is that is on demand,so since this guy i met here is in the uk and is doing the same business i am doing,i ask him if i can send him money can you help me buy stuffs online and send to my sister address in the UK,i wanted to risk my 500 pounds since i do not know this guy,he said he can then i transferred the money from here to his account,i was seriously praying on this,then you know what lo and behold he bought all and sent to my sister's address,right now he is the one helping me buying all my goods in the uk,i can send him up to a million and i will be at rest,he is a Nigerian,he has sacrificed alot for my business,time,energy etc,i always pray for him because he was God sent to me.he came back last year and i met his lovely family here in Nigeria.so now we do business together.i still have few Nairaland friends i met here who have helped me in one way or the other.

The bottom line is that we have dishonest people in Nigeria but i have prayed in the past to meet honest ones and God answered my prayers and i have been opportuned to meet them.

yes you can send me mail via my email address pagwamba at yahoo dot com,i will then forward the list to you by next week.i hope to keep this thread on i urge everyone here who have experience on importation of baby comestics and accessories to come on let share our ideas and help our selves here.Happy sunday to everyone here,have to go to Church now,i pray in this new month and new week may God shower us with favours from above.Amen.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=promise2][/quote]
Good write up. As mentioned earlier on, desperation has made many friends and families lost my respect. I strongly believe there are good people out there its just that they are rare. People on nairaland tried to burn me few times but I just smiled and walked away. I am in search for reliable biz partners and I am willing to support him/her provided they come in clean hands and financially buoyant . I will send you an email and then we exchange numbers
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
promise2:

i just called a friend where my kid sister learnt the kiddies stuffs and her anty is in US and bring whole lot of baby and other goods from Usa,she mentioned that WESSON oil really moves and other items,so by next week i will send my sister to go to her and get a comprehensive list of products and price list that moves fast.she talked about quacker oat also moves, any way until we get the list.
The mail I sent you failed to Deliver, please verify your Address again
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Pacemaker:
The mail I sent you failed to Deliver, please verify your Address again

My email address is pagwamba@gmail.com
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by bisotec(m): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
@peacemaker,am also interested,can u send d price list to me @ seunxty@yahoo.co.uk thks
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 1:24am On Feb 04, 2013
bisotec: @peacemaker,am also interested,can u send d price list to me @ seunxty@yahoo.co.uk thks
Promise 2 is the one providing list for me, not the other way around.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2013
Good morning all, we are still expecting reputable business men and women into Baby cosmestics and accessories to come on here please and lets share our ideas.I know we have many of them in the house, we would be happy to meet you here,please lets keep the thread alive.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by go4value(m): 10:49am On Feb 05, 2013
@pacemaker n promise2.....actualy my wife is d one directly doin ds cos of my job..bt am her accountant, very much sure dt i need to move 4m retail to wholesale.am based in d east,enugu state.we buy from Onitsha,hv tried makn enquries from d sellers dia but nobody is willn to open up.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
go4value: @pacemaker n promise2.....actualy my wife is d one directly doin ds cos of my job..bt am her accountant, very much sure dt i need to move 4m retail to wholesale.am based in d east,enugu state.we buy from Onitsha,hv tried makn enquries from d sellers dia but nobody is willn to open up.
Yeah I have been to onitsha main market before and saw how dedicated their business men and women are. I would love to bring containers to the east but transportation may eat up my profit. Lagos is a competitive market, sellers are takers meaning marginal cost always equal marginal revenue but there are room for huge profit supplying east if you own the truck that will transport your goods out there. I am watching and learning
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by go4value(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
@pacemaker.,do u have idea where Onitsha boyz imports from?!
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 3:24am On Feb 06, 2013
go4value: @pacemaker.,do u have idea where Onitsha boyz imports from?!
I only went there to buy stuff years and years ago I got no clue bruv. It may be china, indonesia, turkey,UK and United States. Those guys are widely traveled.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
go4value: @pacemaker n promise2.....actualy my wife is d one directly doin ds cos of my job..bt am her accountant, very much sure dt i need to move 4m retail to wholesale.am based in d east,enugu state.we buy from Onitsha,hv tried makn enquries from d sellers dia but nobody is willn to open up.

@go4value, my cousin in the Uk has baby clothings both used and new ones,if you are interested let me know the goods will be available before Easter.Regards.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by osca123(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
promise2:

My email address is pagwamba@gmail.com

@promise2 please can u send the price list to me here oscarella68@gmail.com.
am planning on importing soon but my problem is still how to beat this issue of 'contraband'. I knw most of the baby accesories are contraband...i intend to start small though
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Pacemaker: 6:26am On Mar 11, 2013
chaircover: Hi Everyone, Is this thread for baby products only?
Please read the headline.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by promise2(f): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hello you can share ur business experience be away from this thread for long,been busy with work and business.lets keep the information coming in.wish all great weekend.
Re: Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. by babyblissShop: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good day all. We are a wholesale children products trading business. We are located at EU 20/10 ARENA market, Bolade bus-stop, Agege Motor Way, Oshodi. We have 40pcs of Graco Comfy Cove infant swing Roman, which will be available by month end for sale.We would also have other items like car seats, walkers, baby bath sets, tricycles and clothes. If interested in purchasing any of the items wholesale, kindly send me an email @ babyblissng@gmail.com. You can also check our facebook page www.facebook.com/babyblissshop or our website www.babybliss.gnbo.com.ng for more updates.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of A Carat Of Diamond? / Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce / Get New Business Ideas On This Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.