Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein (15445 Views)

Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams / Anony's Soul Theory Destroyed By Richard Dawkins! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Take note of the bold and then go and read the panspermia hypothesis.

See how stoopid some people are? Everyone can see how Dawkins was talking about a different origin of life than panspermia.
Now i know you are into dubious means of debating..
In your unbolded,it said life must have evolved elsewhere in the universe then by some means,probably his alien bullshit came to earth..notice the 'universe' not "earth"..
So are you suggesting life evolved on earth and came to earth..if so going by your bolded,you are a semi-cretinous rétàrd!!qed
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 03, 2013
Creatrixity:
Now i know you are into dubious means of debating..
In your unbolded,it said life must have evolved elsewhere in the universe then by some means,probably his alien bullshit came to earth..notice the 'universe' not "earth"..
So are you suggesting life evolved on earth and came to earth..if so going by your bolded,you are a semi-cretinous rétàrd!!qed

?

I didnt even argue.....I put Dawkins quote next to two definitions of the panspermia hypothesis. They were quite different.

Clearly, you have been thoroughly debunked because it is clear that Dawkins was not talking about panspermia in that interview
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:25am On Feb 03, 2013
Hmm smiley
And again, Dawkins himself said he was indeed talking about erm directed panspermia in that video. wink

2 Likes

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:28am On Feb 03, 2013
This logicboy dude is such a terrier!so persistent..i hope you get that award you missed last year..

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:29am On Feb 03, 2013
^^I wonder o!What part of that does he not understand?
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Same claims made, yet no evidence
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Creatrixity: ^^I wonder o!What part of that does he not understand?

You know, since Dawkins has said he was indeed talking about directed panspermia it is either Dawkins does not know what it means ----- or maybe someone else does not know what it means. wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by wiegraf: 1:32am On Feb 03, 2013
Hold on to that straw guise, hold it tight...
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:32am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy,and because you are slower on the uptake,fyi that "person" is you!
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:37am On Feb 03, 2013
lol......

Enigma and CreativeX make claims but hate to table evidence.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:39am On Feb 03, 2013
And once again, Dawkins himself said specifically that he was talking about directed panspermia in that video. smiley
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:41am On Feb 03, 2013
@ Creatrixity

Please, we do not need to show anyone any evidence; let it be homework or assignment. wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:43am On Feb 03, 2013
What more evidence do you need..and stop practicing your self acclaimed trademark of slapping "anonyism" tags on people because you are quite guilty of that now
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 03, 2013
Enigma: @ Creatrixity

Please, we do not need to show anyone any evidence; let it be homework or assignment. wink

Gbam!

Game, set, match!
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:48am On Feb 03, 2013
Dawkins himself has said specifically and in fact with both his hand and mouth that he was talking about directed panspermia in that video. smiley
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:49am On Feb 03, 2013
On second thoughts,let logic boy keep playing color-blind and keep waiting for us to present evidence when enigma and myself have already done that countless times...
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:51am On Feb 03, 2013
^^^ And in fact I actually have specific evidence and it will take me only seconds to put them here . . . . . but no need. wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 03, 2013
Anonyism 101-

Make claims and then expect the opponent to provide proof for your claims.

Goodnite everyone cheesy

Thanks for enjoying the show!
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:55am On Feb 03, 2013
lol smiley

Dawkins said specifically and in fact with both his hand and mouth that he was speaking of directed panspermia in that video. wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 1:56am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03: Anonyism 101-

Goodnite everyone cheesy

This is the dumbest post i have seen this week..so much for logic!..
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 1:57am On Feb 03, 2013
Talking about 'dumbest' one of the responses ridiculing Dawkins for his directed panspermia hypothesis used the expression 'dumb and dumber'. smiley
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 2:04am On Feb 03, 2013
Instead of putting forward the evidence let me gift out something I've been amusing myself with in my mind since this little exchange started. smiley

Presently, our friend is putting forward the hypothesis presented by Dawkins in that video as worthy.

Now if we present the evidence of (a) Dawkins himself saying it is directed panspermia and (b) Dawkins actually distancing himself from saying that the hypothesis is worthy . . . . . . . wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Creatrixity(m): 2:13am On Feb 03, 2013
Summary of logicboys posts on this thread so far...
Posts surface about the shakiness of dawkins logic..logicboy to the rescue of his champion..would probably have adopted panspermia as model for the origin7 of life..saw how ridiculous that theory was then switched to name calling and invectives..has nothing more to post then carries out his "ultimate jutsu" of handing out anonyism tags..

1 Like

Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin

I love these guys........

I am so loving the Anonyism and lies you guys are spouting right now! smiley

Erm....do you guys know that you are years late (4) for the lying christian agenda?

This video of Ben Stein's dpocumentary has surfaced many conservative christian forums claiming that Ben Stein exposed Richard Dawkins.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Pansermia?

God, these christians can lie! Was Dawkins talking about panspermia in the interview?

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could figure that out easily.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03: Anonyism 101-

Goodnite everyone cheesy

The atheist claims God doesnt exist. His only "proof" is that christians cannot prove that God exists.

So what is the atheist doing any differently than the above accusation? undecided
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

?

I didnt even argue.....I put Dawkins quote next to two definitions of the panspermia hypothesis. They were quite different.

Clearly, you have been thoroughly debunked because it is clear that Dawkins was not talking about panspermia in that interview

shocked shocked grin smh
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 03, 2013
davidylan:

The atheist claims God doesnt exist. His only "proof" is that christians cannot prove that God exists.

So what is the atheist doing any differently than the above accusation? undecided

Fail......

The christian claims that god exists and the atheists tells the christian to prove it (Which the christain cant prove, by the way)!

The burden of proof is on the claimant and not the skeptic
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 03, 2013
davidylan:

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could figure that out easily.

I missed your stoopidity!

How was work today? I assume that you work in a fake lab since you're a fake biologist! cheesy
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Enigma(m): 2:47am On Feb 03, 2013
I am going to revise that my last post slightly for greater clarity and repost it here. smiley

Presently, our friend is putting forward the hypothesis presented by Dawkins in that video as worthy --- because he thinks the hypothesis being put forward by Dawkins is different from [directed] panspermia. smiley

Now if we present the evidence of (a) Dawkins himself saying it is directed panspermia and (b) Dawkins actually distancing himself from saying that the hypothesis is worthy . . . . . . . wink
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail......

The christian claims that god exists and the atheists tells the christian to prove it (Which the christain cant prove, by the way)!

The burden of proof is on the claimant and not the skeptic

Which is quite funny considering the atheists response to every question to show prove of his alternate universe is met with "i dont know".
The burden of proof is not on the christian... frankly most christians would be just fine discussing their faith without your constant need to insert vituperative bile. Its ok not to believe God exists... you're the one tearing your hair out.
Re: An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I missed your stoopidity!

How was work today? I assume that you work in a fake lab since you're a fake biologist! cheesy

today was saturday, i went shopping. cheesy

Oh by the way, you should pay attention to enigma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastors: 10 Things You Must NEVER Do, No Matter What / Praying For A Spouse? Let That Lover Go. / Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.