Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Why Do Guys Go Bald - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Guys Go Bald (2296 Views)

MEN Would You Rather Be IMPOTENT Than Go BALD ? / Bald Head , What Are The Natural Remedy: / Why Do Guys Go Bald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 12:27am On Mar 08, 2008
Why do only guys go bald
is it hereditary
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 08, 2008
@post
yes, baldness is heredity,  a   gene that may run in the family from one gen to another ( grandpa has it, but dad might not show signs of it, but then the son might end up showing signs of alopecia ). . but  based on observations made on net (just now  grin), baldness occurs from diff factors: hereditary factors, aging, diseases affecting the entire body, scalp disorders, ionizing radiation, and reaction to drugs.

men are not the only one that get hairbaldness, women also get the disorder.Women become bald less often than men, but they carry the genes that determine pattern baldness and pass them on to their children.

Several diseases, particularly those characterized by prolonged high fevers, may cause baldness. Typhoid fever or scarlet fever can cause sudden loss of hair from the head or entire body. Gradual loss of hair may be caused by malnutrition, disorders of the endocrine system, drug poisoning, and other diseases. Alopecia universalis causes a permanent and total loss of hair over the entire body including the eyebrows and eyelashes. The cause of alopecia universalis is unknown.

http://ca.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761565310/Baldness.html#p3

hope this helps
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 08, 2008
The main cause of male pattern baldness is the presence of excess male hormones.
We all know about testosterone but another hormone similar to it called dihydrotestosterone attacks the hair follicles and cause most baldness.
We know there's a correlation between increased testosterone and virility does that mean bald men are tigers in the bedroom? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

women also have male hormones and as women get older and the levels of their female hormones e.g estrogen decrease,the male hormones are relatively at a higher level so our hair begin to thin out after 30 cry cry cry
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2008
@Morenike, thanks
i like hair on guys, on my side theres a bit of lack of it undecided

We know there's a correlation between increased testosterone and virility does that mean bald men are tigers in the bedroom?
ohh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hmm hmm.

My hair is kinda thin in the middle and weak at the sides, hope im not getting bald o!! shocked embarassed
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by ifyalways(f): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2008
@Gamine lmao
more causes of baldness :
Accumulation of oil or seborrhea on scalp and the blocking of pores where the hair follicles are located.
Lack of adequate vitamins and proteins needed for hair growth.
Hair loss can be more prevalent when the person is under excessive stress, suffers from anorexia nervosa, or dyes his/her hair.and for women,holding of hair tightly during weaving or fixing of weave on
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2008
lol

well what can be done
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by ifyalways(f): 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2008
go get a low cut like me,no perm,no weaving or whatever,wash,comb and move. grin

when fixing/braiding tell them to lossen it a lirrrle. lol
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2008
Low cut i was on low cut for 8yrs, thnks but no thanks lipsrsealed

haa, iv stoppd braiding tho

i let my hair grow naturally for a year, all the perm came out

i was gona be on dreads, but everybody discouraged me sad

a friend even forced me to buy a relaxer and she relaxed my hair sad

im gona b on weaveon for now sad
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by TheSly: 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2008
Why Do Guys Go Bald
Another Bullsh!t generalization thread. . . . .

Poster
Not all guys. . .u hear?
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2008
Pick ur dumb face from the floor and move on.

Thank you! smiley
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 09, 2008
Gamine:

Pick your dumb face from the floor and move on.

Thank you! smiley
lol. . . i must remember that line. . . cheesy cheesy **takes note**
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by TheSly: 1:30am On Mar 09, 2008
The only thing that saved you today from getting entangled into my hostility jet was the fact that my ID wasn't mentioned in your post!. . . cool
Otherwise it would have been a different story!!!. . . . . . . . . . . cool

Spew further fuckries for all i care but just make sure u don't in any way include my USER ID into it. .
Else i'll make it so difficult for u to even think of logging into the forum!! . . . . . . .

You know yourself. . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 09, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

The only thing that saved someone today was the fact that my ID wasn't mentioned in his/her post. . . cool
calm down jay, it's not that serious. you've got to admit that that line is funny. we all "know" that you're not "dumb". . grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by pahtahkee: 1:40am On Mar 09, 2008
Gamine:

Why do only guys go bald
is it hereditary

Is this a question or what? To think that you actually labeled someone else as being dumb! undecided

So it is only guys that go bald in your own world? grin
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 09, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

The only thing that saved you today from getting entangled into my hostility jet was the fact that my ID wasn't mentioned your post!. . . cool

Spew further fuckries for all i care but just make sure u don't in any way include my USER ID into it. .
Else i'll make it so difficult for u to even think of logging into the forum!! . . . . . . .

You know yourself. . . . . . . . .
jay, jay, jay. . . se be ye lo se ri. . .?
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by TheSly: 1:53am On Mar 09, 2008
My initial post wasn't in anyway a harangue sentence. .
just a mere observation that not ''every'' guys go bald. . . which is true

What else did i post to warrant that kind of invective. . . .

Henceforth. . . he/she's now under my surveillance. . . cool
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 09, 2008
ok, jay, motigbo e. . . fi omo lomo sile. . .
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2008
Cant u people, get your mind off smoke and read!!!! undecided

Where did i say Every guy goes bald! undecided

Chai! Mr Sly, you dey handle ooh, take am easy. shocked

@Pataki,
yes in my world, the guys are going bald and i am worried, ok!
BTW i have never seen a bald girl.
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by pahtahkee: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2008
Gamine:

@Pataki,
yes in my world, the guys are going bald and i am worried, ok!
BTW i have never seen a bald girl.

Never a dull moment with Gamine herself. grin

Are you going to do a fund raising campaign for Bald men?

Have you heard of the Maasai women? grin

You can google them out.

Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2008
Im not worried about the guys.

The masai women do they go bald naturally?

Dont come and Do Gbare fei a here o
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by ifyalways(f): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2008
lol cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by pahtahkee: 1:58am On Mar 12, 2008
Gamine:

I'm not worried about the guys.

The masai women do they go bald naturally?

Dont come and Do Gbare fei a here o
What are you saying? undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by ToToChoper: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
I aint knocking bald women but in my contention beauty extends to the hair with females.

Brothers such as myself like to run my fingers through a lady with long hair.

No tracks, pins, glues, wigs, or any tool you have up your hair for me.
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by wendymanda: 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2008
No tracks, pins, glues, wigs, or any tool you have up your hair for me.

I've heard many other Nigerian boys saying this. You like to run your hands through a girls hair right? How many black girls do you know with naturally straight long hair? You yourself is your hair long and straight? Genetically blacks have curly hair because of the round shape of the hair follicle in the scalp now it is nearly impossible to get a 100% black girl with the features you want. You can't have your cake and eat it. Now if you prefer white girls or girls from other races that have such races then that is understandable but if you want a black girl with such a hair that is not relaxed and even relaxed hair does not equal length then your demands are almost impossible.
Re: Why Do Guys Go Bald by Gamine(f): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2008
@Pahtahkee

you go soon know

ma gbofeia ye tongue

Man!, i just want my hair to grow well!

i may just chop it all off undecided cry

(1) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Witch Realted Or Health Related / Soft Foods To Eat After Wisdom Teeth Removal / Chebe Powder, Karkar Oil, Chebe Hair Cream And Shampoo For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.