Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22128 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Afamdman(m): 2:40am On Feb 04, 2013
Sometimes its neccessary to drive some points home.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 2:43am On Feb 04, 2013
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Afamdman(m): 2:52am On Feb 04, 2013
Thank you. ^
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by nanalady(f): 3:31am On Feb 04, 2013
vanstanzy: Two people can't be raising their voices at the same time, that's where the silent treatment is good, to ensure peace.
that's not peace...its an explosion waiting to Happen.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kandiikane(m): 3:44am On Feb 04, 2013
Afamdman: please help modify ur post and remove my comment from it. Thanks

When she attacks you, leave the place. I'm sure you're bigger than her and the slap you will give her will leave more of a mark than the one she will leave. If she's getting all hyper and heated, leave, go for a walk or something and cool down so by the time you're back she would have too. There is no reason to raise your hand and react because it will just make the situation worse and you'll come out as the bad guy.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 04, 2013
It pains sometimes, but when people want it like that you give it back to them.
Some issues are better solved using the silent treatment, while some could be solved by trashing it out immediately.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by swaggrbabe: 3:53am On Feb 04, 2013
I wish most times to give my boyfriend the silient treatment. But I find my self letting it out. I shout, I insult him and I regret it lata. He gives me the silent treatment for days. Wen I txt nd beg, he just ignores me. I give up he calls me up. Sometimes I pray to have this attitude so I talk Less and don't insult him.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 04, 2013
swaggrbabe: I wish most times to give my boyfriend the silient treatment. But I find my self letting it out. I shout, I insult him and I regret it lata. He gives me the silent treatment for days. Wen I txt nd beg, he just ignores me. I give up he calls me up. Sometimes I pray to have this attitude so I talk Less and don't insult him.

nobody should marry a spouse who insults them even in extreme anger.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by GentleNaaz(m): 5:47am On Feb 04, 2013
My girl provoked my a week 2 d day i suposed 2 gv her 25k. I saw dat as an opurtunity n i treated her wt silence untill 2 days after dat day. We reconciled,but d 25k ws ova. So i use my own cilent treatmnt 2 avoid unnecessary expense
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HotieTima(f): 6:14am On Feb 04, 2013
kandiikane: I hate, hate the silent treatment. I'm a sensitive person says my mum(which I deny grin). It hurts my feelings because I like to talk things through, I hate sleeping with malice in the air. So, for a person like me, it just makes things worse. It makes me just want to kill the person, I swear. undecided

i hate it tooo grin grin but i am really good at it when i am mad wink wink

but i can't do it for long it kills me inside
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:16am On Feb 04, 2013
There is a difference between silent treatment and calming down when you are angry so no need to confuse the two. Silent treatment killed whatever love I had for a particular ex. Just couldn't tolerate it anymore.

When you take a couple of minutes to hours to calm down, then that's acceptable. But when you continuously ignore your partner for a day to a couple of days or weeks, then that's just being wicked! Especially when you know the person is trying to apologize or talk you. I think silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse and it messes with the mind of the person trying to get your attention.

Majority of the people who give the silent treatment do not do so to calm down their anger, they do it to exercise some form of control over their partners. No matter how they might deny this, it makes them feel good because they feel they in control and that's the truth.

10 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by KINGwax(m): 6:27am On Feb 04, 2013
Wetin kon-sign meeee? I say evry thing out loud and clear

But i go beg later sha.
No lele,
at least i don talk,
i don talk na ni
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HotieTima(f): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2013
[quote author=TLore]Good or bad? I'll take a third option: Childish.

grin grin grin

it's not childish
thank u very much

sometimes it's needed for some people
that are hard headed before they realise they mistake

some guys don't take issues serious till
u really show them that ur dead serious
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Akanniade(m): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Its a good way to "reset" a relationship. Me and wifey do at least once year. But it shouldnt last more than a day.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by nerodenero: 7:01am On Feb 04, 2013
preshuzpearl: People who give silent treatment cant help themselves, they are scared voicing out their hurt may make them look foolish. What makes it annoying is that you do not know WHY they are angry. They just go quiet without any specific incident preceding transition. &its common among melancholic temparaments.
You just said it all and I dont know why some people are just the way they are.When you try to change them over this attitude,you become the enemy.It pisses me off
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2013
swaggrbabe: I wish most times to give my boyfriend the silient treatment. But I find my self letting it out. I shout, I insult him and I regret it lata. He gives me the silent treatment for days. Wen I txt nd beg, he just ignores me. I give up he calls me up. Sometimes I pray to have this attitude so I talk Less and don't insult him.
Babee don't do dat again you might just push him into d arms of another loving lady infact I advise guys not to marry ladies like you buy d tyme he dump you once in your next relationship you go learn to dey humble
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by swaggrbabe: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2013
sexybash:
Babee don't do dat again you might just push him into d arms of another loving lady infact I advise guys not to marry ladies like you buy d tyme he dump you once in your next relationship you go learn to dey humble
Ok dear. Don't wish to be dumped so I won't do that again.sometimes I kip wondering y I have not been dumped with such a bad attitude. *thinking out loud*. May be God is giving me a chance to change nd I believe I will/have changed even in Exterem anger.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kandiikane(m): 7:59am On Feb 04, 2013
ThoniaSlim: There is a difference between silent treatment and calming down when you are angry so no need to confuse the two. Silent treatment killed whatever love I had for a particular ex. Just couldn't tolerate it anymore.

When you take a couple of minutes to hours to calm down, then that's acceptable. But when you continuously ignore your partner for a day to a couple of days or weeks, then that's just being wicked! Especially when you know the person is trying to apologize or talk you. I think silent treatment is a form of emotional abuse and it messes with the mind of the person trying to get your attention.

Majority of the people who give the silent treatment do not do so to calm down their anger, they do it to exercise some form of control over their partners. No matter how they might deny this, it makes them feel good because they feel they in control and that's the truth.
Absolutely!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 04, 2013
Silent treatment is bad, i hope not to use it when i will be in relationship.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HARDDON: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2013
Leopantro:

girl, stop that. two Weeks? you are very lucky he's still there for you. I could be crazy about you but if you can't talk about your issues like an adult and prefer to keep malice for two Weeks then bone, i'm better off without you. there are other fishes in the sea. what makes you think there aren't girls waiting for the opportunity to grab your guy from you?

Nah! Ha guy has long found solace in some oda gurl. So he gets xcited wen she turn on d ST. He simply just goes out there to relish d lil pleasures life can afford in d comfort of oda dames. Cos he knws she wudnt boda callin to ĸпoω where he is. Free spirit!

But there is a reason he is still kipin ha as an open option. Maybe she's gud on bed? Got kooking skills or got drop-dead beauty.
Som reason out there.

@op, do ĸпoω that you lose uя touch wen Ʊ thread that lane and Ʊ remove d luv wool out of d oda party's eyes in such moments.

Bliv ♏ԑ, he/she wud fall easily to those lil temptations out there they have bin avoiding wen Ʊ guys were kul.
Go figure
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by ncee(f): 9:52am On Feb 04, 2013
kross_01: silence can neva b productive in any rltnshp.it myt mke ur partner to yield @ first, but subsequently, it myt nt get d desired result. Trust me, nutyn kills a rltnshp than that(it had cost me one in d past & 've learnt from it).no matter what it is, communication holds d key 2 a blissful rltnshp.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by dailydolla4u(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2013
Thanks Guyz 4 the advice, i think i am guilty as charge when it comes to silent. Cos naturally i am a bit of an introvret and my gal is more of extro. Even when there is no friction i hardly talk, especially on things that are insignificant to (ME) but to her thoes Insignificant things aer very very IMPORTANT to talk about. God Pls. Help Me.... O!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by dailydolla4u(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2013
Thanks Guyz 4 the advice, i think i am guilty as charge when it comes to silent. Cos naturally i am a bit of an introvret and my gal is more of extro. Even when there is no friction i hardly talk, especially on things that are insignificant to (ME) but to her thoes Insignificant things aer very very IMPORTANT to talk about. God Pls. Help Me.... O!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2013
Seems you guys just took a peep into what's currently happening to me.

I hate it! angry angry angry Damn....Talk things through instead of keeping mum...
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HotieTima(f): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2013
mdsocks: Seems you guys just took a peep into what's currently happening to me.

I hate it! angry angry angry Damn....Talk things through instead of keeping mum...

LOL grin grin grin
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2013
cheesy
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2013
I think if you have no clue whatsoever...it's sort of crappy to do the silent treatment. For example
if I did something...how can I correct it? You're left to wonder.

So there is no harm in asking, 'what did I do', the person that respects you would say, 'here it is and I'll need some time to deal with this', but at least you would know.

Now if the damage is irreparable, I would think you would at least know what you did...I mean if it's that bad you know? Sorry you're going through that, that's no fun
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Hotie Tima: well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.

silent treatment is for kids

i call it poor communication tell him/her that you are pissed ---- that will be communication s/he will learn from it dont let him/her wonder what have done, when yourself can say it straight and you cool of while him/her reflect to his wrong doing
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gentle Naaz: My girl provoked my a week 2 d day i suposed 2 gv her 25k. I saw dat as an opurtunity n i treated her wt silence untill 2 days after dat day. We reconciled,but d 25k ws ova. So i use my own cilent treatmnt 2 avoid unnecessary expense
you bad oh grin
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hotie Tima: well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.
Babes like u nah morter una dey talk beat una boyfriend when he offend una.i sabi ur type nah cheesy
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by blackbeau1(f): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
It can be a perfect tool sometimes,you just need to know when to use it and when not to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? / Types Of Friends Essential For Every Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.