Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,637 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” (12719 Views)

Jonathan To Reward Eagles For World Cup Ticket / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali / Mikel Recalled To Super Eagles For Liberia Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Mization(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
SHARE THIS

TAGS
Elephants Of Ivory CoastGoodluck JonathanReuben AbatiSUPER EAGLES
President Goodluck Jonathan today thanked the Super Eagles for the “masterly and superlative performance” in their quarter final clash with the Elephants of Ivory Coast.

In a tweet by the Special Adviser on Media to the president, Reuben Abati, he said “President Jonathan thanks the Super Eagles for their masterly and superlative performance in the just-concluded AFCON encounter with CIV”.

Nigeria were tagged under dogs as soon as it was clear whom their next opponent will be after the group stage of the African Cup of Nations in South Africa.

However goals by Emmanuel Emenike and Sunday Mba gave Nigeria a 2-1 victory over tournament favourites Ivory Coast. Newcastle midfielder Cheikh Tiote scored for the Ivorians minutes after the second half resumed.

A social media mockery began with Ivorian defender, Emmanuel Eboue, labeling the Eagles #SuperFriedChickens that will be devoured by the Ivorians.

Nigeria will now face Mali in the semi final on Wednesday, 6th February 2013  at the Mombela Stadium by 20:30 Central African Time.

Mr. Abati can be reached on his Twitter handle @abati1990.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/03/jonathan-thanks-eagles-for-masterly-and-superlative-performance/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by hrmkz: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by MadCow1: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
We hear
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by lafuria1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
who no like success, failure no get friend

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by babarazy: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
wat of d bonus they promised us?
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by oluwasola01(m): 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2013
not bad
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by bosun11(m): 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
We have heard !
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by damola1: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
I trust Jonathan.... em em.. Mr. President, can you mention some of your achievement in the last 4 years...

Well, in sports, we are the first democratically elected govt. to win Nation's cup !!!

& of course it cost us $67B

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by executinal(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Thank you too GEJ for motivating the players to perform well.

[size=18pt]GEJ 2015 FRESH BREEZE[/size] cool cool
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by eldagaius(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Super Eagles, Goodluck to you!
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Mehiedu(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Thank you will go a long way motivating them(super eagles) the more.
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by 5much(m): 10:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
The Eagles were superbly wonderful
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by superior1: 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
Na that one we voted you for?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
I don't know why Nigerians find it difficult to discern simple truth in some things. This is very annoying.

How on earth can anyone believe Eboue is behind that twitter handle? How on earth will an Eboue tweet such 'fufu and eba' tweets. It is unpardonable seeing ChannelsTV also falling for this.

There is one comical guy that posts as BokoHaram on twitter. Very soon they will start quoting that guy as BokoHaram, when the guy is just catching fun as can be discerned from his tweets.

I tire for Nigerians.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by vosquare: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
gej...tnks sha bt whr deir promise?? grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
they deserved the win. lets all concentrate into getting to the final
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Hakim27: 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
We play in durban...stupid writer
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Hakim27: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
The Super Eagles played well in their match against Côte d’Ivoire. I am very proud of our able representatives at the ongoing AFCoN tournament. They showed the true Nigerian spirit. To coach Keshi and the players, we are all behind you and will cheer as you soar like the great Eagles to victory. GEJ
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by LesbianBoy(m): 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
This thread will soon make front page who wants to bet!
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by pekelepekele(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
What will happen on Wednesday , Mali defeated Nigeria by 1-0 and GEJ angrily called back the troops at Mali cheesy . Never yab me I dey joke ni cheesy
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Dignitary: 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
Wish we can say the same about his performance ...

'woeful' , 'disappointing' and 'poor' are the three adjectives that can best describe his performance .

GEJ, learn from super eagles !

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mali cant win Nigeria, we are winning war on terror on their home turf, so they need to give us some credit on the field of play. I will find time to watch the match, I must confessed I havent watched football in more than 3yrs.
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by azeeza(f): 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
Twenty gbosa for you.

damola1: I trust Jonathan.... em em.. Mr. President, can you mention some of your achievement in the last 4 years...

Well, in sports, we are the first democratically elected govt. to win Nation's cup !!!

& of course it cost us $67B

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
First time Nigerians are happy since Jonathan assumed office

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by simmydebadest(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
Campaign strategy!!! Na 2day? Abegi GEJ hw dame parols?
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by ckkris: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
The President inspired the SE before the this match with CIV, when many Nigerians were fearfullƴ conceding victory to the star-studded Ivorian team. Thank you Mr President.a

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by alphaconde(m): 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
i just wish jonathan can improve like the super eagles #mywish

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Chisco4love(m): 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Football President that will be the next name CNN will give him this time for his comment on football........I love the Eagles play today.
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by gbanikiti(m): 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
No be after you thank dem finish, you no go give them something. undecided
Re: Jonathan Thanks Eagles For “Masterly And Superlative Performance” by Shittaakeem(m): 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
Ati gboooo if u like no give dem something

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini / Pool Draw This Week 41 Pool Banker Room 2024 – UK 2023/2024 / Juventus Sacks Andrea Pirlo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.