Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs - Islam for Muslims (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs (31036 Views)

Desert Arabs Competing In Building Skyscrapers - Biggest Clock Tower In Mecca / Arabs Will Be Guided Forever And Ever Unlike Israel / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 3:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
BigBro: @Poster, The first verse in the Holy Qur'an demands us to seek knowledge. I want to believe you lack Islamic knowledge and that is the basis behind your mode of thinking. The Holy prophet was Arab, Holy Qur'an was revealed in Arabic and while praying all recitations are done in Arabic. Therefore, eventhough as a Muslim one must bear Arabic name but there is beauty in it. In Islam an Arab is not better than you and I before Allah except he is the most righteous. However, Arabic must be cherished by all Muslims. My brother in Islam, go and seek knowledge!!!

and what makes you think i am not a seeker?
your reasoning is clouded
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by bukatyne(f): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
BetaThings:

Never say never

Why a Former Buddhist Christian accepted Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvCU-4TE-ec
How can somebody be a buddhist and a christian at the same time?
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Herbiorlah(f): 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hmmmm, @ poster, what u should know is dat there is difference between Islamic name and Arab name. I dont see anything wrong in one bearing an Islamic name and even use it as his/her 1st name as dat will serve as ur first identity as a muslim and not your deeds! and Allah knows best.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by BetaThings: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
bukatyne: How can somebody be a buddhist and a christian at the same time?
Watch the video. Maybe wrong caption, but that is what is on the video

From Budhism to Christianity to Islam
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by BetaThings: 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2013
justaqad:

hehehehehehehehehehehe. so you want to fault the quran now?
prophet Muhammad is not my/your father. i believe you are not Anabi Isa.you must have a father

You know about Tafseer, don't you?
Please these are elementary things that anyone should know.

BTW. The question is what is the status of the Prophet with a Muslim and the status of a Muslim's parents with him?
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by lordmassac(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
You just need to understand the difference between Islamic names and Arabic names. Simple
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by bukatyne(f): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
BetaThings:
Watch the video. Maybe wrong caption, but that is what is on the video

From Budhism to Christianity to Islam

ok, I get you but it's wrong. If he decides to be a sango worshipper tomorrow, will the capion be 'buddhist Christian Muslim' turns to sango?

All the best.

1 Like

Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:
we are loosing our identity to the Arabs[b].the essence of naming is for Identity.when i hear the name Chidi,i know he is Igbo by tribe[/b].but it would be difficult to tell whether Gafar that resides in Oshodi is yoruba,igbo,hausa or Arab.
i fear we are loosing our cultural heritage to the Arabs.

And when you hear the name Frank, Wlison, Thomas or Robert you think hes from where exactly?

Still think Nigerians are losing their identities to Europeans too?
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 2:28am On Feb 07, 2013
kingoflag:

And when you hear the name Frank, Wlison, Thomas or Robert you think hes from where exactly?

Did you call me fat on that ivory thread?

You dey crase ni? angry
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Psalhadeen: 6:49am On Feb 07, 2013
B proud of ur heritage n African root,u need not bear all those names be4 u serve God.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 7:12am On Feb 07, 2013
kingoflag:

do you need weed to digest and understand my position?
smh
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 7:13am On Feb 07, 2013
Herbiorlah: Hmmmm, @ poster, what u should know is dat there is difference between Islamic name and Arab name. I dont see anything wrong in one bearing an Islamic name and even use it as his/her 1st name as dat will serve as ur first identity as a muslim and not your deeds! and Allah knows best.

@ the bolded untrue. there is no such thing as islamic name. its just an arabic name.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2013
BetaThings:

You know about Tafseer, don't you?
Please these are elementary things that anyone should know.

BTW. The question is what is the status of the Prophet with a Muslim and the status of a Muslim's parents with him?

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things. (Quran, 33:40)
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by anti9JA: 9:33am On Feb 07, 2013
-
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 07, 2013
@op This is a good awareness thread recently i was having this conversation with some Christians who believe bearing an English or Jewish name makes them better identifiable as Christians. I asked them why they feel God is naive since he created our tribal languages.The implication is subtle yet glaring if everyone embraces this foreign names sooner than later we will completely lose our identity a name is very significant. Nigerians must be proud of their heritage. We must not throw it away in the name of religion. However not everyone will have your kind of consciousness and so you must deal with them on the level of their enlightenment. Keep the flag flying a sustainable change must be from within.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 10:30am On Feb 07, 2013
andromida: @op This is a good awareness thread recently i was having this conversation with some Christians who believe bearing an English or Jewish name makes them better identifiable as Christians. I asked them why they feel God is naive since he created our tribal languages.The implication is subtle yet glaring if everyone embraces this foreign names sooner than later we will completely lose our identity a name is very significant. Nigerians must be proud of their heritage. We must not throw it away in the name of religion. However not everyone will have your kind of consciousness and so you must deal with them on the level of their enlightenment. Keep the flag flying a sustainable change must be from within.

soothing words.
well said
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad: no man can ever claim monopoly of Knowledge,knowledge is like the sand,dispersed all over. most muslims brand me hypocrite,ignorant, simply because i speak the truth. well, i not be distracted by them.there are certain issues common sense would solve. i am not a muslim because i am born into a muslim family, i made researches and i am convinced Islam is the right religion.unlike default abubakar,hassan,tajudeen kinda muslim,that are muslims because their parents are muslims.most of them no nothing about islam.not even azan. so i am not a default muslim.
i will also like to correct the impression that when you hear the name Abubakar automatically he is muslim.it is a norm we no-arabs have accepted.amongst arabs there is no such thing as muslim names.Would a muslim say ALLAH is a muslim/islamic name?
i only pray you see the truth,stick to your root.

More grease to your elbows. May God help you in a country where too many people are in a zombie state of mind but you must not let them stop or intimidate you rather they have to catch up with you. Keep the consciousness campaign flying,people must be emancipated from mental slavery. If this generetion is lost there is a generation next that can be emancipated. Again more grease.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2013
andromida:

More grease to your elbows. May God help you in a country where too many people are in a zombie state of mind but you must not let them stop or intimidate you rather they have to catch up with you. Keep the consciousness campaign flying,people must be emancipated from mental slavery. If this generetion is lost there is a generation next that can be emancipated. Again more grease.

God is my strenght.
wink wink wink wink
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by anti9JA: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2013
Converted Christians like Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Mojola Agbebi, Fela Anikulapo Kuti (formerly Ransome Kuti), Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe, Mbonu Ojike(the boycott King of West Africa who rejected anything Euro-Arab culture) etc all rejected their Christian names for African names and they were successful in their undertakings. Maclatunji PLEASE name any muslim or muslim converts in West Africa that can be used as a role model! Islam is total: you must reject your culture. There's no western educated muslim that has ever written any book on the various cultures in Africa like masquerade, traditional festivals, etc. In order words a good muslims must TURN OVER BLACK AFRICA TO THE ARABS

justaqad: olded thats the dogma that should be erased. why would it be odd to an arab that Hassan Al-Arabiyy is a non-muslim?would it be odd to you that bamidele bukola is a muslim?(considering the fact that you are yoruba)
It is wrong to presume that anyone with a Yoruba name is a Yoruba, are all Koffis Ghanaians? There are many non-Yorubas bearing Yorubas just like there are many non-Igbos having Igbo names attached to their full names like Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan (GEJ). The Tunji in maclatunji doesn't necessarily reflect somebody who believes in Yoruba or African culture.

maclatunji: Islam is a total concept and nothing identifies you as a Muslim more than your first name.
Islam is about total conquest (submission to the will of deity Allah of Arabia), subsuming, suspension or destruction of your culture. Anything short of that means you are an 'arni' or 'haram' of Boko Haram which will not accept anything that is traditional African or western form to be mixed with a component of Arab culture - Islam.

maclatunji:
I still say you are insecure. Yes, use your traditional names but this your theory screams out that you are personally insecure about your religion. I guess by your logic, Herbert Macaulay and Henry Carr stopped being Yoruba men because of their English names.
A good mulsim of any race arrogates to himself the right of representative of Allah on earth, hence he/she has the inalienable right to giveth or taketh 'insecurity' to anyone. Afterall a good mulsim like maclatunji, Sanni Abacha, Dan Fodio, Muhammadu Buhari, IBB assumes their perfect like Allah than a Yoruba muslim who is still culturally inclined like justaqad, MKO Abiola, Ganiyu Dawudu and other muslim member of Obafemi Awolowo teams.

@MacLatunji and Justaqad
what makes you think i am insecure about my religion?i am not a default kinda muslim. the Quran clearly defines who a muslim is,a muslim is not one who bears arabic names.

What have you both got to benefit from Arab spirituality way of life. NO BLACK MAN WAS BORN A MUSLIM, ALL BLACKS WERE FORCIBLE CONVERTED TO ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE MUSLIMS IN THE WHOLE OF AFRICA EXCEPT IN THE ARAB EMIRATES (ARAB/ISLAMIC REPUBLICS) STARTING FROM EMIRATES OF ILORIN TO AFGHANISTAN IN CENTRAL ASIA. MUSLIMS ARE FOUND THERE AND THEY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH IMPUNITY WITHIN THE EMIRATES.

maclatunji:
However, it would be odd to be Cassius Clay as a Muslim without having any Muslim name in the mix. The question anybody would ask (even Non-Muslims) is: Are you not proud to be a Muslim?
Don't you eat Orisha foods eg Amala(for Shango), Iyan(pounded yam for Obatala, Orunmilla, etc). If you are truly a black man mentally and physically, try to introduce these foods to your Arab brethren and see whether they will not reject it as being unclean in the name of Allah. So must we be mentally arabisized despite our been physically black in order to be accepted as a muslim? This is not the case with Buddism and African traditional faith

maclatunji:
I wonder if any self-respecting Muslim will bear the name "Esubiyi" which is very Yoruba name. Would you give your child that name going by your argument that "the name you bear is insignificant"? #Kai See #Argument. This is a very interesting thread.
What is wrong with Esu? or Esubiyi, or Shangobiyi or Ogunbiyi or Oshunbiyi, etc. What is wrong with Esu? or Esubiyi.The name OLUWASEUN OSEWA is derived from any of the 401 Yoruba divinities including Eshu! The best Oba of Lagos is called Esugbayi and was reputed as one of the best traditional rulers of West Africa because he resisted Euro-Arab supremacy just like the Asantehenes of Ghana. All Fulani Arab emirs, imams, youruba imams, Bini/Edo imams and tribal imams bearing Arab/Muslim names in West Africa welcome Euro-Arab conquests and supremacy in West Africa and none of them will condemn Boko Haram openly becos they know it is another Arab agenda. Eshu is not al-shaitan who is the enemy of Allah! Majority of coup makers in Nigeria bear Arab/Islamic names.All sincerely believed they're carrying out the wish of the deity of Allah of Arabia! None bear Eshu based names. The nearest European deity to Eshu is Hermes(Greek) and Mercury (Romans). Eshu is a messenger deity that distribute offerings & also rewards or penalises just like ELECTRICITY or ANY OTHER TOOL. Eshu is no destructive deity like the Satan of the Abrahamic religions(Judaism, Christianity and Islam). By quoting Allah and Islam,Arabs(BLack & White) have succeeded in arresting development in black Africa. Conversely the predatory Arab culture is minimal in Ghana and devopment & progress is faster.
[/quote]

PAGAN9JA:
Exactly! and it is to be noted that many Gulf Arabs dont have islamic names. My Bedouin Arab friends for example have Tribal Names. i appreciate justaqads efforts. You are a true Yoruba. salut!
Arab name is arab name, whether it is omani arabs or yemeni arab or bedouin arab or tuareg arab, they are the same. Let any of them name their new born an African name like Kojo or Chibuzor or Akpan, he/she will be executed and he/her should will never get to al-jana where the deity Allah lives.

vedaxcool: = you don't speak arabic, you speak yoruba (even Hausa speak hausa not arabic), you don't eat arab food you eat yoruba food yet you are

Hausa language is 70% arabic. Is Hausa word for God not ALLAH? Ask any shoe shine boy or water carrier(mai ruwa) his native word for God. He will answer ALLAH! All African tribes their knows their own name for God including the depredatory Fulani Arab. The so called Hausaman is the remnants of tribes that have been destroyed and reduced to sub African level by repeated Arab licensed wars, Jihads over a period of 1,300 years(Prof. Bala Usman of ABU, Zaria).

We now have a cruel situation whereby a PROCESSED race, Hausa that has a vague idea of who he was now constitutes 60% of Nigeria's leadership civil or military and in turn in conjunction with the PROCESSORS (various shades of Arabs,Turks,Indians,Jews etc from Asia) select the people's tribal leaders like Obasanjo, Tony Anenih, Ukpabi Asika, Alex Ekwueme, Ahmed Tinubu, Awoniyi, Akinjide, Femi Okunnu, Akintola, Anyim Pius Anyim, Samuel Ogbemudia, Major Okuntimo, Yakubu Gowon who directly cause tribal retrogression of their tribes-(Babangida:we know who will rule after us).In other words they are from the Arab Emirates GIVETH & TAKETH power as the deity Allah wishes. Go and tell that to the marines sorry to the Chinese,Japanese,Hindus etc

But you can click Good Muslims With Islamic Names for exception
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by seunajia: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2013
This thread is not about Afrocentrism or Yorubacentrism, is it OP? If that is your argument then I must tell you denouncing your Islamic name alone does not take you there. There are bigger issues! These are some of the areas I think you should look at.

1. Dressing. An African wearing 3-piece suits (with our weather? shocked), Jeans, Mini skirts etc. suffers loss of African identity. An African should rather wear our traditional clothes like Kembe, Adire, Alari, Iro ati Buba, kaftan etc.

2. Language. Most African languages are becoming extinct. It is not uncommon these days to meet Africans who command impeccable understanding of another man's language but can barely join or utter few words in theirs. Especially Nigerians! This aside from causing "loss of identity" is shameful and uncomplimentary. Take for example Nigeria, where English is our lingua franca. Why not start a crusade to stop this obvious aberration? CUm mental slavery.

^^There are so many other points, but these appeal to me more. I'll gladly contribute if you start a thread to discuss these issues.

Now, it is not wrong for a muslim to bear a name that is not Islamic in the Arabic sense of it, really, what Islam just enjoins is giving good names. As illustration, there are many Turkish, Iranian and middle Eastern names that muslims bear which are not "Arabic", but are good names with equally good meanings. This serves to quash the dogma that a name is only Islamic when it is Arabic.

Now my grouse with the OP lies here: As a muslim and someone who values my religious heritage, I am happy e.g that my parents gave me a name as Al-Ameen. Because as the Yorubas will say, oruko ma n ro omo.

It does not make me less if I adopt an Islamic name coupled with my numerous traditional names, heck! It portrays I'm a muslim who is proud to be identified as one. Why should I feel uncomfortable that I'm named after a prophet of Allah?

This is what my name Illustrates:

Abubakar Omobowale Balogun.

Abubakar: dude is a muslim cool
Omobowale: He's Yoruba cool
Balogun: He's the son of Balogun cool

I am a muslim and I'm proud of it.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 11:56am On Feb 07, 2013
seunajia: This thread is not about Afrocentrism or Yorubacentrism, is it OP? If that is your argument then I must tell you denouncing your Islamic name alone does not take you there. There are bigger issues! These are some of the areas I think you should look at.

1. Dressing. An African wearing 3-piece suits (with our weather? shocked), Jeans, Mini skirts etc. suffers loss of African identity. An African should rather wear our traditional clothes like Kembe, Adire, Alari, Iro ati Buba, kaftan etc.

2. Language. Most African languages are becoming extinct. It is not uncommon these days to meet Africans who command impeccable understanding of another man's language but can barely join or utter few words in theirs. Especially Nigerians! This aside from causing "loss of identity" is shameful and uncomplimentary. Take for example Nigeria, where English is our lingua franca. Why not start a crusade to stop this obvious aberration? CUm mental slavery.

^^There are so many other points, but these appeal to me more. I'll gladly contribute if you start a thread to discuss these issues.

Now, it is not wrong for a muslim to bear a name that is not Islamic in the Arabic sense of it, really, what Islam just enjoins is giving good names. As illustration, there are many Turkish, Iranian and middle Eastern names that muslims bear which are not "Arabic", but are good names with equally good meanings. This serves to quash the dogma that a name is only Islamic when it is Arabic.

Now my grouse with the OP lies here: As a muslim and someone who values my religious heritage, I am happy e.g that my parents gave me a name as Al-Ameen. Because as the Yorubas will say, oruko ma n ro omo.

It does not make me less if I adopt an Islamic name coupled with my numerous traditional names, heck! It portrays I'm a muslim who is proud to be identified as one. Why should I feel uncomfortable that I'm named after a prophet of Allah?

like i have said, i prefer my deeds and actions identify me as a muslim.
chidi ogechi chukwudi is a muslim and he is so proud of it.

P.s.. some of your comments made sense i must admit... wink wink wink
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Did you call me fat on that ivory thread?

You dey crase ni? angry
Lmao. I was just poking ur rolls (all puns intended).

P.S: I don't know why it irritates me when I hear/see Nigerians add "ni" at the end of a sentence/question. Maybe irritate is not the word I'm looking for, I should say "amuse/weird/kinda funny". Maybe cus it's a new slang I just started hearing recently so it kinda strikes as odd each time someone says it.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

do you need weed to digest and understand my position?
smh
Yezzur! Two blunts, actually. One for me, and one for you.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by justaqad(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
kingoflag: Yezzur! Two blunts, actually. One for me, and one for you.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehee
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by ghostofsparta(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
seunajia: This thread is not about Afrocentrism or Yorubacentrism, is it OP? If that is your argument then I must tell you denouncing your Islamic name alone does not take you there. There are bigger issues! These are some of the areas I think you should look at.

[size=20pt]You are proud your ancestors came from Mecca? I doubt you like so many like you are true Yorubas[/size]

Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by seunajia: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

like i have said, i prefer my deeds and actions identify me as a muslim.
chidi ogechi chukwudi is a muslim and he is so proud of it.

P.s.. some of your comments made sense i must admit... wink wink wink

Like I said, nothing bad therein. But, Islamic identity matters too you know.

In the end, since it's not haram, I wish you all the very best.

I, would rather discuss changing our lingua franca to Yoruba. Don't blame me I'm a proud Yoruba man from Ijebu cool cheesy hahaha

Godspeed OP!
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by seunajia: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
ghostofsparta:

[size=20pt]You are proud your ancestors came from Mecca? I doubt you like so many like you are true Yorubas[/size]

I don't follow
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by ghostofsparta(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
seunajia:

I don't follow

[size=20pt]What I meant is, you are one of those Yorubas who believe the Yorubas came from Mecca. Since you kept acknowledging Islamic religion which is parallel with the Arabs. Isn't it absurd for a seemingly pro-Yoruba like you and justadaq and yet claims Islam of the Arab at the same time? How does one reconcile it? Wouldn't it be odd for Budhist-born, imagine a Cantonese speaking Chinese believing in the religious doctrines of Judaism and Yawheh or Tibetans proudly claiming that they are Christians believing in the Heaven and hell-fire. I hope you get the point now? [/size]

1 Like

Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Vongrim: 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad,

Indeed in the (Prophetic) Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example (to follow) for him whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much. (33:21)

the above verse says muhammad is the best example amongst humans. muslims are encouraged to copy him. i dont understand how you can want to copy him if you reject his culture.

i really do not understand what your problem is. the way islam is understood and practised in today's world makes it inseparable from arabic.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Anvaller: 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Herbiorlah: Hmmmm, @ poster, what u should know is dat there is difference between Islamic name and Arab name. I dont see anything wrong in one bearing an Islamic name and even use it as his/her 1st name as dat will serve as ur first identity as a muslim and not your deeds! and Allah knows best.

If according to ur claim, Islamic name is different from Arabic name (though not admitting that there is anything as such) can u then prove to me why must an Islamic name be an Arabic name since u have stated that the two are not the same?

Vongrim: justaqad,

Indeed in the (Prophetic) Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example (to follow) for him whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much. (33:21)

the above verse says muhammad is the best example amongst humans. muslims are encouraged to copy him. i dont understand how you can want to copy him if you reject his culture.

i really do not understand what your problem is. the way islam is understood and practised in today's world makes it inseparable from arabic.

And this is where the problem is, would u use this verse to justify the bone of contention...? Does this give a specific obligation for us to bear arabic names? If u want to use this verse to justify ur claim, then every single muslim's name should be Muhammed. Any other name short of that does not conform to this verse and must be rejected cause such names were not of the prophet. U can not quote a verse away from the total context to justify a narrow claim. This is exactly the same kind of scenario that cultivate inspirations for the suicide bombers. Those guys also look for some verses to justify their belief haphazardly and they are genuinely convinced that they will automatically transition into heaven immediately after being shattered by a bomb that would kill several innocent others. Let's be careful in our thinking.

1 Like

Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by seunajia: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
ghostofsparta:

What I meant is, you are one of those Yorubas who believe the Yorubas came from Mecca.

How do you know this? Proof? undecided

BTW, according to Yoruba oral tradition, the Yorubas emigrated from Mecca. You have a problem with that?

Since you kept acknowledging Islamic religion which is parallel with the Arabs.

Islamic religion is parallel with arabs? Do you know the meaning of parallel? SMH

Isn't it absurd for a seemingly pro-Yoruba like you and justadaq and yet claims Islam of the Arab at the same time? How does one reconcile it? Wouldn't it be odd for Budhist-born, imagine a Cantonese speaking Chinese believing in the religious doctrines of Judaism and Yawheh or Tibetans proudly claiming that they are Christians believing in the Heaven and hell-fire. I hope you get the point now?

Why should my belief be dependent on my origin? AFAIC, religion is based on conviction and has absolutely nothing to do with my origin. You have no point brah.

And for your info there are Chinese muslims (Huizhou ~= 9.8m people) living in the heart of China.
Re: We Are Losing Our Identity To The Arabs by Umamman1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
justaqad:

do you have comprehension problem? i dont have problem with arabic language. read my posts again
G
but it is you who can't comprehend that. We are not following the Arabs culture that we are following what Allah has sent his messanger with.If it had come through Yoruba I would have loved my name to be Adebiyi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How An American Lady Converted To Islam / Do You Know Who Killed Abu Jahl ? ¿ It Was Children ! Click To Read More / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.