Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ (12109 Views)

MASSOB Introduces, Passport, Currency, Vehicle & Drivers Licences / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Personal Income Tax Reduced By PITA Ammendment? One Of The "Palliatives" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by OgidiBoy(m): 2:00am On Feb 05, 2013
Why is it that the Igbos that are asked to pay this Biafran income tax are not crying and complaining, it's people that don't have anything to do with

Biafra that are were whining like babies.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 05, 2013
Comedy.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by OneNaira6: 3:13am On Feb 05, 2013
OgidiBoy: Why is it that the Igbos that are asked to pay this Biafran income tax are not crying and complaining, it's people that don't have anything to do with

Biafra that are were whining like babies.

I wonder. The Igbos are okay with it, some think it's a bad idea but not going crazy over it but non-igbos from a specific region (they know themselves cause they are the ones that butt in everyone's business looking for attention like a LovePeddler) that aren't even included are the ones crying foul. some pretending to igbo so they can be included. See idiots ooh

Anyway, Massob. If your tax is meant of right reasons, go for it. I'm okay with it. As long as it goes in the development of Igboland, segregation out of Nigeria, etc
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by TolaniLuv: 5:09am On Feb 05, 2013
Dear God almighty ! Please I am using this my mood of 5 days fasting to wish for only 2 things!

(1) You 're the only God that knoweth my problems please answer all my heart desired.

(2) please give Biafra back their rising sun land. So, that Nigerian will have a step forward at least this is what they want. Same thing happen in bible Let My People Go.

As a Yoruban , I wish all my people accept too I don't see why we should bad mouth em. We are all Nigerians but, we don't eat same food, speak same language, our clothe style is different! We are so different in culture/religion . North Korean/ South Korean have 80% things in common but, they are separated . Why can't igbos go?

Proudly Yoruba boi!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by cfours: 6:11am On Feb 05, 2013
"biafran income tax" lol comedy central grin grin
is this the reason why they "declared" biafra a few weeks ago? so they they can start collecting income tax? hahaha

Onlytruth: angry I don't understand the mindset of these MASSOB people, honestly!
Must they always start their campaigns by sacrificing Igbo (whether blood or tax!)? Can't they "liberate" us without they focusing on US (Igbo folks) instead of the enemy?

Scratching my head angrily! angry

donofdons: i go pay biafra income tax with biafra currency and not nigerian money.this na the latest way wey touts wan exploit people embarassed

i'm impressed.
I know it's difficult to think logically when the very emotional issue of biafra comes up.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by agent22: 6:35am On Feb 05, 2013
Dayomumu viewing.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 05, 2013
TolaniLuv: Dear God almighty ! Please I am using this my mood of 5 days fasting to wish for only 2 things!

(1) You 're the only God that knoweth my problems please answer all my heart desired.

(2) please give Biafra back their rising sun land. So, that Nigerian will have a step forward at least this is what they want. Same thing happen in bible Let My People Go.

As a Yoruban , I wish all my people accept too I don't see why we should bad mouth em. We are all Nigerians but, we don't eat same food, speak same language, our clothe style is different! We are so different in culture/religion . North Korean/ South Korean have 80% things in common but, they are separated . Why can't igbos go?

Proudly Yoruba boi!

How old are you? Why are you ashamed to let us know you are Ibo?
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by DarqChild: 10:14am On Feb 05, 2013
I do not support any biafran movement. I'll rather be a Nigerian than a biafran. Uwazurike is a big thief and only a strong leader can liberate and change this country. United we stand. Diving Nigerian will be the greatest mistake the igbos will ever make, mark my words. any day the 'biafra' dream comes to actualization I will become a Yoruba man. This thieves nearly killed everyone in Onitsha some few years back.....they are worse than bokoharam.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by geeez: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2013
DarqChild: I do not support any biafran movement. I'll rather be a Nigerian than a biafran. Uwazurike is a big thief and only a strong leader can liberate and change this country. United we stand. Diving Nigerian will be the greatest mistake the igbos will ever make, mark my words. any day the 'biafra' dream comes to actualization I will become a Yoruba man. This thieves nearly killed everyone in Onitsha some few years back.....they are worse than bokoharam.

You're born Yourba and its not acquired by association. Be guided and please pay your BIT (Biafran Income Tax). Thanks
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by blesszzy(m): 11:47am On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=kpozite]very typical of Igbos money Frist.

Kwakwakwakwa
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Wily1Wily: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
DarqChild: I do not support any biafran movement. I'll rather be a Nigerian than a biafran. Uwazurike is a big thief and only a strong leader can liberate and change this country. United we stand. Diving Nigerian will be the greatest mistake the igbos will ever make, mark my words. any day the 'biafra' dream comes to actualization I will become a Yoruba man. This thieves nearly killed everyone in Onitsha some few years back.....they are worse than bokoharam.
You can be what ever you like, nobody is going to stop you from being a Nigeria. Biafra is by choice and not by force, Every man has the right to decide his destiny, i'm not Igbo man, but i have contributed a lot of money for Biafra cause, i'm in support of anything that will cause the disintegration of this Devil Paradise call Nigeria, ok
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
jmoore: Ndiara!!! lele, ha choro iri m. Biafran income tax is a ridiculous idea. Seriously? the more I hear of this ridiclous idea the more I believe MASSOB is filled with people with no hope, no good plans for the future.

They said the world is going to end in 2012 but here we are in 2013. 2015, Nigeria marching to greatness.

Many Igbos are against biafra including me, biafra is a failed dream. Biafra is a dead dream. It is only those who are ignorant that we link the biafra to igbos only. The second in command during the civil war on the biafran side was Philip Effiong a calabar man, many tribes apart from igbos were part of the biafran side.If you ask a calabar man today if he wants to be part of biafra he will certainly look at you as if you are a fool.
Ojukwu died as a Nigerian, Biafra is past and can never be present or future.

May God bless Nigeria

. You are a slowpoke, a saboteur a shameless harebrained cretin and a dimwit. You don't believe in Biafra, you better take your miserable life. The sun has risen again. I will pay my tax with all pleasure .
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Wily1Wily: 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ogoni militant: . You are a slowpoke, a saboteur a shameless harebrained cretin and a dimwit. You don't believe in Biafra, you better take your miserable life. The sun has risen again. I will pay my tax with all pleasure .
No mind that Guy, he is the son of Asika Ukpabi
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
Onlytruth: Unless there is something NEW about taxes that I don't know, I believe that this is a VERY BAD IDEA.

First, it will allienate Ndigbo from MASSOB because I can bet my last penny that no one likes paying taxes, even in developed countries. So, MASSOB is walking a minefield here. That is even more the case when they MASSOB have contributed ZERO to the purses of people in Igboland. An organization that wants to liberate people should not start by adding their own YOKE to the people's neck.
What I expected MASSOB to do (if they are serious about Biafran independence) is to seek funding from RICH Igbo and other non-Igbo Biafran supporters. If they are honest enough and have enough integrity and probity, I believe that they will get funding, and make use of the funds judiciously.
Imagine people paying Nigerian income tax, only for MASSOB to show up again asking for tax! angry I don't understand the mindset of these MASSOB people, honestly!
Must they always start their campaigns by sacrificing Igbo (whether blood or tax!)? Can't they "liberate" us without they focusing on US (Igbo folks) instead of the enemy?

Scratching my head angrily! angry
I use to adore your opinion in this NL, please don't loose that respect. If you don't know how to talk in this divided country just don't comment. Biafra is in the heart of most serious Igbos that oppose the injustice in Nigeria.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
We have learnt our lesson. Where The Biafrans go I will go. And am sure am talking for most people from my kingdom.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Capnd143(m): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
maskid:

my friend sharrap!!! y dnt u start ur own seccessionist Movement lets see
anti-governmental components like u constitute boko haram! I wil this again: massob is a terrorist organization and "biafra" is a failed final year project!
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by pazienza(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
jmoore: Ndiara!!! lele, ha choro iri m. Biafran income tax is a ridiculous idea. Seriously? the more I hear of this ridiclous idea the more I believe MASSOB is filled with people with no hope, no good plans for the future.

They said the world is going to end in 2012 but here we are in 2013. 2015, Nigeria marching to greatness.

Many Igbos are against biafra including me, biafra is a failed dream. Biafra is a dead dream. It is only those who are ignorant that we link the biafra to igbos only. The second in command during the civil war on the biafran side was Philip Effiong a calabar man, many tribes apart from igbos were part of the biafran side.If you ask a calabar man today if he wants to be part of biafra he will certainly look at you as if you are a fool.

May God bless Nigeria

I guess even awolowo is an igbo man these days. SMH
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by pazienza(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
berem: I am ready to pay my last kobo for the actualisation of Biafra. Nice one from MASSOB! cool cool

Chai! Nne,u just won yourself a fan.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by tomakint: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
ilugunboy:

Baba e bere ni yen, se gbogbo eyan to ba ti n so to oro ki n se Yoruba moo, oga fun yin gan oooo! undecided
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by pazienza(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
PointB:

What kind of baloney is this? How does Igbos wanting to leave the union become a problem for Yoruba? Don't you have a future of your own? Aren't Yoruba once a great people before now? Does Igbo leaving Nigeria make Yoruba less a people they were before now?

Sentiment such as your are clearly borne of myopia. Every ethnic group that boast of 200,000 people can survive on their own. Sao Tome and Principe (?) is less than 200,000 people, while Cape Verde is about 500,000. They are not crying to you for hand-outs. And even Lesotho is a country completely encircled by the gaint South Africa. So what is the point? I

You are even going too far with cape verde and sao tome. San marino has a population of less than 40,000,yet it's a country. According to 9igerian population figures,my local govt,idemili north,has more population than san marino,yet san marino is a country of it's own. Parasitism will kill some people.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by pazienza(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
Mad Cow: If it walks like MASSOB, acts like MASSOB and talks like MASSOB... then it can be shot dead...

Zero Tolerance.

Okija juju,so finally you decide to show your true colours,i have always known and warned my fellow igbos that you are not an igbo.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by pazienza(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
jmoore:

hahaha, the truth can be bitter. Majority of progressive Igbos are moving forward, they have buried biafra. Kids that know nothing about biafra keep spewing rubbish, go and find a job. Let anyone dare press my doorbell in the name of "biafran income tax" and I will put them in a spot they will regret forever. I am a Nigerian and I am Igbo.

Shut up. Are you more progressive than Achebe? Who are you? Just because you are getting crumbs from present nigerian arrangement does not make you a progressive, go and park one side. Once a biafran is always a biafran. If you are not a biafran at heart now,then you were never a biafran.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by willsman(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
Any person doubting what this threand is talking about should go back to the Nigeria @ 50th birthday, that was on the 1st of October, 2010.
That day, i listened to the BBC radio and at about 4 pm Nigerian time, there is a program call 'Focus On Africa' they did on that day after news but why i told my self that Nigeria is in problem starting from that day was what the news caster said that day. And what did she said you may ask ? She said that Nigerians are stucked together meaning by force living together and as Nigeria continued by the news caster was 50 years old that day that in the next 50 years to come that they will see how the country will be by then.
The country called Nigeria have never being settled since October 1, 1960. What we are busy seeing in Nigeria since them are 'ABRAKADABRA' styles of different governments leaving millions of poor Nigerian behind and very, very, very few people that called them selves the real Nigerians are the people recycling in the different positions in the country.
The problem of Nigeria is one Nigeria as the falsely put it.
Just like what the Guardian newspaper wrote in their Editorial last week about the time Nigeria will be 100 years that needless to be one Nigeria and people should ckeckmate them selves.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by TolaniLuv: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2013
ilugunboy:

So speaking the true facts means seh I no b Yoruba? Does it even matter? I'm Yoruba frm Ijebu Óde. I just wrote what I felt.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Dede1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
I should advise MASSOB to rethink this publicly announced taxation exercise termed “Biafran Income Tax”. Biafra has no currency or functional government that provides amenities to its people anywhere on earth today.

I think this political shenanigan labeled Biafran Income Tax remains a bad taste since it is publicly announced. There are better avenues to raise funds in support of the process for actualization of Biafra than this born-headed approach. By the way, the revenue drives for such human endeavor should be covertly engaged.

Unless this act of bravado is a decoy, I do not foresee any meaningful intent about it. I am in support of whatever contribution deemed necessary for actualization of Biafra but the reckless publicity that surrounds such exercise
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by tomakint: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
TolaniLuv:

So speaking the true facts means seh I no b Yoruba? Does it even matter? I'm Yoruba frm Ijebu Óde. I just wrote what I felt.
Tolani never mind, ilugun is just playing with you, I went through the same 'baptismal class' during my time here, enjoy cheesy
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by DeLaRue: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
Shedding light on the extent they will go in collecting the tax, Madu said; “The collection of 2013 Biafran income tax will commence on February 16, throughout Biafra and Nigeria, where Biafrans reside, it is a mandatory tax, it is a mark of respect and honour to Biafra, a mandatory obligation for all Biafrans.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/massob-introduces-biafran-income-tax/[/quote]

For me, @[b]bolded[/b]is the most interesting part. So a bunch of nut-case Igbo thugs, parading themselves as tax collectors/freedom fighters, will board a bus from Abakaliki, to someone else's territory (Lagos for example)to start collecting tax? You want to prosecute your fight for independence in another man's territory?. Are we back to 1966 again?

Though we are not comparing like for like, it's in some ways similar to Nigeria going to Ghana to tax the Nigerians there. We (Yorubas and Igbos) are different peoples. We don't really know much about you people, and I suspect you people know little about us. But the least we can do is respect each other's space.

The issue of tax has a lot to do with sovereignty. Yorubas fought wars amongst themselves in the past about which Yoruba King was entitled to collect Tax. More than 200 years later, we now have a bunch of bloody foreigners wanting to collect tax on our territory!

They should make their claim for Independence (which I support), and if they feel the need to have a parallel tax regime, please restrict it to your territory.

Imagine Fasola's tax men collecting Tax in one spare parts shop and Nwazuruke will be in the next shop, asking where is my own tax money? This will amount to an affront on our sovereignty (which, though currently subsumed in the Federal pot nevertheless remains tangible) and can easily lead to violence on the streets.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by DuduNegro: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
DeLaRue,

nice response, im liking it!

biafran always has to prove his bravery; this is that proving ground.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by cfours: 1:16am On Feb 07, 2013
Dudu_Negro: DeLaRue,
nice response, im liking it!
biafran always has to prove his bravery; this is that proving ground.

DeLaRue made an excellent point!

there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
no sane man goes walking into a lion's den claiming he is doing it out of "bravery"
when he is torn to pieces, no one should pity him. he brought it upon himself.

those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 07, 2013
John Garang was the face of the south sudan struggle for independence,he died as a sudanese but south sudan is independent today.Biafra actualization is not about an individual,it is about a people and their aspirations and convictions.

May God bless Nigeria

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by BiafraTaxEnforc: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2013
DeLaRue: Shedding light on the extent they will go in collecting the tax, Madu said; “The collection of 2013 Biafran income tax will commence on February 16, throughout Biafra and Nigeria, where Biafrans reside, it is a mandatory tax, it is a mark of respect and honour to Biafra, a mandatory obligation for all Biafrans.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/massob-introduces-biafran-income-tax/

For me, @[b]bolded[/b]is the most interesting part. So a bunch of nut-case Igbo thugs, parading themselves as tax collectors/freedom fighters, will board a bus from Abakaliki, to someone else's territory (Lagos for example)to start collecting tax? You want to prosecute your fight for independence in another man's territory?. Are we back to 1966 again?

Though we are not comparing like for like, it's in some ways similar to Nigeria going to Ghana to tax the Nigerians there. We (Yorubas and Igbos) are different peoples. We don't really know much about you people, and I suspect you people know little about us. But the least we can do is respect each other's space.

The issue of tax has a lot to do with sovereignty. Yorubas fought wars amongst themselves in the past about which Yoruba King was entitled to collect Tax. More than 200 years later, we now have a bunch of bloody foreigners wanting to collect tax on our territory!

They should make their claim for Independence (which I support), and if they feel the need to have a parallel tax regime, please restrict it to your territory.

Imagine Fasola's tax men collecting Tax in one spare parts shop and Nwazuruke will be in the next shop, asking where is my own tax money? This will amount to an affront on our sovereignty (which, though currently subsumed in the Federal pot nevertheless remains tangible) and can easily lead to violence on the streets.

Why do you insult? My people will remit their tax payments to their seat of government in the East. Some have indicated interest in direct payroll remittance. We don't want trouble but we will no longer tolerate any barrier in our path.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by CJO100(m): 7:48am On Feb 08, 2013
Dede1: I should advise MASSOB to rethink this publicly announced taxation exercise termed “Biafran Income Tax”. Biafra has no currency or functional government that provides amenities to its people anywhere on earth today.

I think this political shenanigan labeled Biafran Income Tax remains a bad taste since it is publicly announced. There are better avenues to raise funds in support of the process for actualization of Biafra than this born-headed approach. By the way, the revenue drives for such human endeavor should be covertly engaged.

Unless this act of bravado is a decoy, I do not foresee any meaningful intent about it. I am in support of whatever contribution deemed necessary for actualization of Biafra but the reckless publicity that surrounds such exercise
I very much agree with you. This is a bad idea. Lets call a spade, a spade. No government starts with tax collection. What are we even debating here? What structures are on ground for the prudent management of the money collected? MASSOB should stop insulting our collective intelligence. You want to sorround us with tax collecting, 'irresponsible, uneducated, weed-smooking' young men; reminiscent of the old 'Upper Iweka' Onitsha.
MASSOB had its glory days when its affairs were piloted by patriotic and responsible men and women. Today, criminals have taken over, terrorising people in Onitsha. No one carries anything freely around Onitsha Main Market without paying some morney to some people identified as MASSOB.

I think MASSOB should reunite different factions ( in Biafra actualisation) who are disgruntled with its leadership and find a way to carry everyone along, rather than seeking to extort people of their hard earned money. As it is today, they are all getting it wrong - BZM, declaring Biafra every two days, MASSOB collecting taxes, Human Right Initiative with their own bad agenda.

I fear what becomes of Biafra when Nigeria disintegrates, definitely a Somalia.
May God help us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ongoing Violence Between Nasarawa And Benue States / Just Got Back From Ibadan Yesterday And This Is What I Saw First Hand / Imo Guber: I Will Not Step Down For Anyone- Nwulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.