Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! (2631 Views)

"You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video) / "Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
CAN Cannot Guarantee El-Rufai’s Safety Next Time (Copied from the politics section)

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN has noted with serious concern the unrepentant and unremorseful conduct of the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai in respect of the inflammatory and utterly disgraceful comment he made about the Christian faith and the person of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Inspite of our warning that he should stop such comments that carry chains of implications, El-Rufai has gone ahead to post another response which is insulting to the Christian faith.

Last Thursday, a day after our reaction to his damningly insulting comment, he retweeted as follows: “To those who see clearly, whose minds are not clouded by sheer religiosity, there is nothing insulting about the tweet”.

With this retweet, CAN believes that El-Rufai is set on a war path with the millions of Christians in Nigeria. We must state that unlike others, Christians do not shed blood, take life, kill or maim others at the slightest provocation. Nevertheless, we must warn El-Rufai not to take Christians for granted and to inform him that it is with great difficulty that we have had to restrain our youths from taking the law into their hands; which by extension means bringing El-Rufai to justice on account of his incitement and insult against the Christian faith. We may not be able to guarantee this restraint the next time he makes any other explosive statement that impugns on the Person of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is, again, warned to desist from playing this dangerous and deadly game of Russian roulette.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.

Signed

Rev. Dr. Musa Asake,

General Secretary, National CAN

https://www.nairaland.com/1184643/cannot-guarantee-el-rufai-safety-next
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by SlyIg(f): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
What is it with this Hell Rufai of a living soul!
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Redoil: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
SlyIg: What is it with this Hell Rufai of a living soul!
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Once upon a time and till now, there's a young man who in his youthful age is unproductive with his life. This young man believes he can control what others do with their lives. He spends more than half of his 24 hours given to every man under heaven to wallow in the dust while he thinks being logical means loosing the reasoning faculty. This young man as I speak does not know that there's good in every bad situations in life and when every situation in life is tested, it proves us to us. This young man jumps from one thread to another fight an imaginary battle against what other people chose to believe. He doesn't even understand there's time and manner for everything in life.

What then shall I say to this this soul that doesn't even think before he does anything on a public forum and yet claims to be logical? What shall I say to a young man that his mates engage their logic senses and reasoning to invent new things and ideas while he jumps from one thread to another even duplicating topics? What shall I say to this illogical display of threads that means the same thing here and there? What shall I say to an over zealous young man that doesn't consider his future in his youthful age? What shall I say to a young man that claims logic but short-sighted and doesn't know his very own future is IN HIS YOUTH and whatever he does with his youth automatically shapes his old age? What shall I say to an illogical boy who think he corrects others while he commits same illogical disgrace?

As I ponder on what to say to this young man. Lo and behold, there cometh a thought in me and here's is wisdom for whoever thinks logically - WHEN YOU SEE AN OLD MAN IN HIS OLD AGE WITHOUT HELP FROM ANYONE, ASK HIM WHAT HE HAD DONE WITH HIS YOUTHFUL AGE AND TIME. EVERY SEED WILL PRODUCE ACCORDING TO WHAT IS SOWN; GIVE YOUR LIFE A MEANING.

And don't dare think I'm talking to you - Did I mention your name?

2 Likes

Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Funny ad just below goshen's post...

'Making friends has never been more fun'...

My hailings...

Oga Goshen, what's your say on the topic? Do you think CAN is fulfilling the purpose for which they were created in a Christian manner?

1 Like

Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
musKeeto: Funny ad just below goshen's post...

'Making friends has never been more fun'...

My hailings...

Oga Goshen, what's your say on the topic? Do you think CAN is fulfilling the purpose for which they were created in a Christian manner?

Epic hypocrite signature from Goshen!

His signature says "stop being silent about evil" but then, he ignores the evil that logicboy addresses to abuse logicboy
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
@ musKeeto,

For you I'll honour, giving honour to whom honour is due.

You cannot solve a 'set' theoretical equation when an action of a 'sub-set' is taken out of the 'universal set'. Do you say the whole of Nigerian Muslims are bad because a 'sect' called Boko Haram bomb places and people? The same way, you cannot jump on conclusion on the 'whole' Nigerian Christian when an action is done by a sub-set because SOMEBODY HAS ISSUES AND HE THINKS HE CAN BRING CHRISTIANITY DOWN.

I've adviced him to give his life a meaning because every seed will produce according to what is sown.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

he ignores the evil that logicboy addresses to abuse logicboy

Can you show me or every one where I mentioned your I.d please? And where did I abuse you?

Logicboy03:

His signature says "stop being silent about evil" but then,

Where did my signature says "stop being silent about EVIL" ?

Now, this is my signature: "Our lives BEGINS to END the day we keep silent about things that matter". How does this signature TRANSLATE to be SAME AS "stop being silent about EVIL"
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Can you show me or every one where I mentioned your I.d please? And where did I abuse you?

Where did my signature says "stop being silent about EVIL" ?

Now, this is my signature: "Our lives BEGINS to END the day we keep silent about things that matter". How does this signature TRANSLATE to be SAME AS "stop being silent about EVIL"

lol......na so e pain you? Everyone can see what you are doing. You came to my thread to address an abstract?

Where is the christian love?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol......na so e pain you? Everyone can see what you are doing. You came to my thread to address an abstract?

Now, this is one the problems i have with you. Why always claiming the 'victim' eh?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
Good afternoon everyone,

I try so hard to avoid threads where almost everyone is throwing shoes at each other but I felt compelled to say my bit given the sensitive nature of the topic in question and considering that the opinions of the giants: Goshen, Logicboy and Muskeeto are highly thought of by a number of us.

It is one thing for us to see these "giants" disagree over matters of faith but another to see you guys fight over a matter that is capable of causing deaths to hundreds of Nigerians if not properly handled.

I am of the opinion that Goshen was correct when he alluded to the fact that most of us on nairaland (particularly this section) try to score cheap points by using the fallacy of "Hasty generalisation" as a veritable tool to driving home a point.

This is really not peculiar to any particular sect cause I have seen too many posts where we make "blanket comments" instead of dealing with the individual. I believe it is wrong to attribute a wrong done by a member of a population to the rest of that population irrespective of our beliefs, unbeliefs or a refusal to believe.

Also, I am of the opinion that Logicboy is right in the matter at hand. The comment of CAN is very reckless and when I saw it on the FP, I was very disappointed indeed. There are better ways of driving home a point but in as much as I respect LB's call for Christians to pull out of CAN, I don't think pulling out will solve anything.

PS: You guys have your good sides and I will be most grateful if we all can harness these goodness for the greater good.

Thank you!
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
To the topic, i was rather disappointed when i saw the topic.
As a matter of fact, i dy suspect say no be CAN talk am.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bélla3: To the topic, i was rather disappointed when i saw the topic.

Me too, I was disappointed but the news seems legit.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oh my bad, maybe I was in the wrong thread and my eyes closed when I was responding to the thread. But wait a minute, where EXACTLY did I mention your name even though I responded to the thread?

Logicboy03:

What is this? You! asking for Christian love? You think you're talking to a baby? Where is you very own tolerance at least, as an Atheist? Where is your reasoning? Where do you 'generalize' an act by a sub-set of Christian to a 'whole'? Don't tell me my 'abstract and open' comments (without mentioning your name or I.d) had just hit your illogical reasoning. If that be the case, then you will ALSO NEED TO HEED THE ADVICE THEREFORE but if not, DISCARD THE ADVICE.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon everyone,

I try so hard to avoid threads where almost everyone is throwing shoes at each other but I felt compelled to say my bit given the sensitive nature of the topic in question and considering that the opinions of the giants: Goshen, Logicboy and Muskeeto are highly thought of by a number of us.

It is one thing for us to see these "giants" disagree over matters of faith but another to see you guys fight over a matter that is capable of causing deaths to hundreds of Nigerians if not properly handled.

I am of the opinion that Goshen was correct when he alluded to the fact that most of us on nairaland (particularly this section) try to score cheap points by using the fallacy of "Hasty generalisation" as a veritable tool to driving home a point.

This is really not peculiar to any particular sect cause I have seen too many posts where we make "blanket comments" instead of dealing with the individual. I believe it is wrong to attribute a wrong done by a member of a population to the rest of that population irrespective of our beliefs, unbeliefs or a refusal to believe.

Also, I am of the opinion that Logicboy is right in the matter at hand. The comment of CAN is very reckless and when I saw it on the FP, I was very disappointed indeed. There are better ways of driving home a point but in as much as I respect LB's call for Christians to pull out of CAN, I don't think pulling out will solve anything.

PS: You guys have your good sides and I will be most grateful if we all can harness these goodness for the greater good.

Thank you!

CAN has shown numerous times that it is only for political gain not the interest of christians. CAN has already complained about the tweet. Why should they go further threaten El Rufai again?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Me too, I was disappointed but the news seems legit.
Well, CAN shouldnt have said that.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Oh my bad, maybe I was in the wrong thread and my eyes closed when I was responding to the thread. But wait a minute, where EXACTLY did I mention your name even though I responded to the thread?

What is this? You! asking for Christian love? You think you're talking to a baby? Where is you very own tolerance at least, as an Atheist? Where is your reasoning? Where do you 'generalize' an act by a sub-set of Christian to a 'whole'? Don't tell me my 'abstract and open' comments (without mentioning your name or I.d) had just hit your illogical reasoning. If that be the case, then you will ALSO NEED TO HEED THE ADVICE THEREFORE but if not, DISCARD THE ADVICE.

You are very shallow. Everyone could see what you were doing. I didnt generalise anything....CAN is the problem not christians.

As for your shallowness, everyone can see you for the shallow hater you have become;

Goshen360:
And don't dare think I'm talking to you - Did I mention your name?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Ghen ghen, OGA Goshen dy vex.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bélla3: Well, CAN shouldnt have said that.

Oh now, you want to address the topic?

smh
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

CAN has shown numerous times that it is only for political gain not the interest of christians.
I totally agree
CAN has already complained about the tweet. Why should they go further threaten El Rufai again?

Didnt you see the part where el rufia tweeted an indirect insult again? Anyway, that doesnt justify what they said(which btw isnt a threat).
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

CAN has shown numerous times that it is only for political gain not the interest of christians. CAN has already complained about the tweet. Why should they go further threaten El Rufai again?

If CAN gave that statement then they are wrong and you are right to have pointed it out.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oh now, you want to address the topic?

smh
Shei, you didnt see this?:-/
Bélla3: To the topic, i was rather disappointed when i saw the topic.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Yes my brother. You're right in the above but what 'he' does often is on the attack against our belief and yet 'he' doesn't believe in our God. You must be very smart to deal with 'him'. 'He' is always on the attack to look to holes within our faith so 'he' can use as an opportunity to cast the stones at us. 'He' does that, not in the spirit of tolerance or correction but as a way of bring us down that 'he' might make a name for 'himself' - this is evident in most of 'his' thread all over this forum.

The truth is, we Christians should be left alone by those who don't share same faith and believe with us to deal with our own issues. We should be left alone by those who do not believe in our God to clean our own house or put our house in order. Again, 'that' young man needs to give his life a meaning - there's dignity in labour that is wise.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bélla3: I totally agreeDidnt you see the part where el rufia tweeted an indirect insult again? Anyway, that doesnt justify what they said(which btw isnt a threat).

El Rufai is one person among 200 million Nigerians. El Rufai is one leader among thousands of more influential leaders.

They have cautioned him. A word is enough for the wise. Why should they go further with threats?

CAN should be making news about campaigning for better lives for Nigerians and persuading christian governors to properly run orphanages and hospitals for the well being of christian Nigerians in the south.

If El Rufai chooses to abuse Jesus, let him do, God (who doesnt exist) will judge him. Why continue shouting at an unrepentant man?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes my brother. You're right in the above but what 'he' does often is on the attack against our belief and yet 'he' doesn't believe in our God. You must be very smart to deal with 'him'. 'He' is always on the attack to look to holes within our faith so 'he' can use as an opportunity to cast the stones at us. 'He' does that, not in the spirit of tolerance or correction but as a way of bring us down that 'he' might make a name for 'himself' - this is evident in most of 'his' thread all over this forum.

The truth is, we Christians should be left alone by those who don't share same faith and believe with us to deal with our own issues. We should be left alone by those who do not believe in our God to clean our own house or put our house in order. Again, 'that' young man needs to give his life a meaning - there's dignity in labour that is wise.

Agreed. As soon as you people leave atheists and unbelievers alone.

If you can put up signboards saying that "God exists and is the almighty" while expecting atheists to shut up, atheists should also be able to put "God doesnt exist" while you christians shut up.

Atheists should be left alone to their disbelief without being called evil heathens or satanists or some derogatory words.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are very shallow. Everyone could see what you were doing. I didnt generalise anything....CAN is the problem not christians.

Okay. Since you have decided to take this matter to yourself. Lemme help your illogical reasoning. Permit me to say this - I hate when people claim to use logic to explain certain things and yet, they lack logical reasoning.

Now, CAN is a sub-set of the universal set. Taken the sub-set out of a universal set by its act, how do you then solve a universal equation? You don't know where I'm going with this, do you?
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Bella3(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

El Rufai is one person among 200 million Nigerians. El Rufai is one leader among thousands of more influential leaders.

They have cautioned him. A word is enough for the wise. Why should they go further with threats?

CAN should be making news about campaigning for better lives for Nigerians and persuading christian governors to properly run orphanages and hospitals for the well being of christian Nigerians in the south.

If El Rufai chooses to abuse Jesus, let him do, God (who doesnt exist) will judge him. Why continue shouting at an unrepentant man?

CAN just like most(if not all) has misplaced priorities.

BTW, IF you see as the bold part of your post dy sweet me eh?cheesy
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay. Since you have decided to take this matter to yourself. Lemme help your illogical reasoning. Permit me to say this - I hate when people claim to use logic to explain certain things and yet, they lack logical reasoning.

Now, CAN is a sub-set of the universal set. Taken the sub-set out of a universal set by its act, how do you then solve a universal equation? You don't know where I'm going with this, do you?

Wow, a whole argument without using the bible. I'm impressed.

However, you still make no sense. CAN is the problem here. I am not criticizing christianity so you have no points.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bélla3: CAN just like most(if not all) has misplaced priorities.

BTW, IF you see as the bold part of your post dy sweet me eh?cheesy

Agreed. Christians should also be complaining to CAN, at least since my idea of boycott seems to drastic.
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Brother Goshen,

I do understand the points you have raised and share in your skepticism. There are people who try to attack our faith in the guise of correcting a wrong but I believe that we should handle this on a case by case basis.

I do appreciate your zeal and frankly, I sometimes wonder when I will have such zeal for the Lord but brother Goshen I would really appreciate it that you teach us how not to speak out of emotions but consider the facts and act on them as we see them.

Logicboy is an Atheist and I don't expect him to see things the way we do, just like we can't see things the way he does but there are certain topics that involves humanity and when those topics come, we should join hands to fight against whatever wrong.

Intentions would definitely defer. You do it for Christ and may be he does it because of his conviction but the melting point is that we do it for the greater good.

PS: I am really sad!

Thanks Brother Goshen for having our backs!
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
striktlymi:

Brother Goshen,

I do understand the points you have raised and share in your skepticism. There are people who try to attack our faith in the guise of correcting a wrong but I believe that we should handle this on a case by case basis.

I do appreciate your zeal and frankly, I sometimes wonder when I will have such zeal for the Lord but brother Goshen I would really appreciate it that you teach us how not to speak out of emotions but consider the facts and act on them as we see them.

Logicboy is an Atheist and I don't expect him to see things the way we do, just like we can't see things the way he does but there are certain topics that involves humanity and when those topics come, we should join hands to fight against whatever wrong.

Intentions would definitely defer. You do it for Christ and may be he does it because of his conviction but the melting point is that we do it for the greater good.

#Goshen schooled on tolerance
Re: CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! by Goshen360(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, a whole argument without using the bible. I'm impressed.

So you think I cannot dismantle and re-assemble you and your illogical reasoning without quoting Bible huh? Okay, now you're seeing the other side of me.

striktlymi:

Brother Goshen,

Okay my brother. I believe we're subject to one another in the Spirit of truth. I do not condole indiscipline in life and in the body of Christ as demonstrated over the years here and in my personal walk with God. I was about getting the illogical dis-function out of 'him' until I read your post above and I understand what the Spirit of God is saying to me through you. I will let that 'boy' at your word.

Thank you my dear brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Moses Actually The Writer Of Deuteronomy ?? ( Proof ) / Rwanda's Kagame Closes 6000 Churches, All Pastors Now Require A Theology Degree. / From Apostle E. A. Adeboye. I Saw It Again. This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.