Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:36 PM

Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage (19783 Views)

Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ypzilanti: 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/976424_nig_jpgfbd82b66978de15cd0977ce420039f36
www.nairaland.com/attachments/976425_nig2_jpgfa3390c3bc85d0e8c05be99b518ae97a
www.nairaland.com/attachments/976426_nig3_jpg0c65ad29b8ce874072fd3846fbec47ff
www.nairaland.com/attachments/976427_nig4_jpgb5a925c88f3a6be88fbc381bdbffe61f

Christine Amanpour slammed GEJ claims that power supply has increased in Nigeria. The Amanpour show today featured tweets from disgruntled Nigerians complaining about the light situation. Most of the tweets were jokes about the power failure at the USA Super Bowl, yesterday. The Nigerians who sent the tweets compared the power failure at the Super Bowl to NEPA's penchant for taking light in Nigeria. The show also focused on mangled electric lines in Lagos State, and featured the purring generators that constitute noise pollution in Nigeria. Finally, Nigerians were interviewed on the streets of Lagos, and they all gave the government a thumbs down on the light issue.

It was an expertly executed journalistic response from Amanpour. She first started with a clip of GEJ claiming to be performing wonders in the power sector, then followed up with the hostile tweets of Nigerians who claimed otherwise. After that was the damning verdict of ordinary Nigerians on the streets...taking up GEJ's challenge that she ask Nigerians on the streets about his power reforms.

My conclusion: With social media, the world is a small place now. The blatant lies of government cannot withstand the scrutiny of professional western media.Our media in Nigeria is giving politicians a free ride.

watch the video: http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/04/what-nigeria-and-the-super-bowl-have-in-common/

9 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by confusion247(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
Let's wait for Abati and Okupe to reply Amanpour on this.

15 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
confusion247: Let's wait for Abati and Okupe to reply Amanpour on this.

They might just call her ACN's witch or CPC's bi.tch.

28 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by 4va3sa22na(f): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
cheesy

Don't tell me Tinubu forcks that lady!!!

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rhino5dm: 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
GEJ thought by appearing like Baba Suwe on CNN and lying through his teeth would make the international community take him important other than the circus clown he is. Another shaming of these useless men of today.

By the way, is sincerefool on vacation? The marked person should come up with another bogus claims. . .Like Buhari bribed CNN and what not.

16 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ypzilanti: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

They might just call her ACN's witch or CPC's bi.tch.

Tinubu paid her to do this. grin
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ypzilanti: 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
My advice is that the President's media aides should quietly let this one slide. Something tells me that Amanpour is going to be relentless in destroying their pack of lies if they try a back and forth with her. This one no be Channels or AIT reporter,oh. grin Let's not wash our dirty linen in public. Memo to Abati and Okupe: Leave Amanpour alone,oh...or you will regret it.

19 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by bibiking1(m): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Of course in no time, Recluse O'mockery would label Amanpour a misguided half-sister!

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Ganys: 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
I thought they said Mr clueless mechanic don transform power sector

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by takedat(m): 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2013
The PR company handling GEJ's interview with foreign media outlets failed to pay Amanpour hence she decided to deride the overly performing and amazing GEJ's government, but trust Maku, Omokri, Okupe and Abati to label her from being opposition sponsored to a wicked step-mother and her having limited knowledge in journalism. Abati's new article will be on the "Hypocrisy of Today's Foreign Journalists".

Though there is a slight improvement but not many Nigerians can testify to that. Anyway the truth will always prevail over falsehood!

3 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ypzilanti: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Christiane Amanpour:

BACK TO NIGERIA! Received so many messages from Nigerians about the Super Bowl power outage that we decided to include them on tonight’s show. We also had a wave of responses to President Goodluck Jonathan’s comments about power outages (http://on.cnn.com/WgzqBw) that we decided to set up an OPEN MIC in Nigeria, so average citizens could voice their concerns. OPEN MIC will air during this evening’s program on CNN International.

https://www.facebook.com/amanpourabc

Na wah. Just went to her facebook site and Nigerians were bashing GEJ left and right. Wow! No wonder she was dismissive of GEJ at some point during the interview.
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by GARRIx7(m): 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Bwahahaha!!!

Yet some eediiots on NL run about from thread to thread like demon-possessed drunkards lying about how they now have light 36 hours every day...

Such ones are evil their lies have a terrible stench which surpasses that of a mixture of decaying corpse and freshly discharged fecal matter. Such ones are collective children of darkness, sons of disobedience, advocates of deceit and self-aggrandisement. For such vessels which are already marked for decimation, the judgement of the lord shall come very swiftly!!

Hon. Garri (x7)

7 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
4va3sa22na: cheesy

cheesy
lmfao
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by fkaz(m): 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
and he spend thousand of dollars(tax payers money) just to embarrass him self to the outside world SMH

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by EkoIle1: 11:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
I don't know why the useless I.diot lied to the world when the same world is not oblivious about the pathetic power situation in Nigeria.

Many around the world think we are crooked, corrupt and liars, but this dullard picked the most popular media platform in the world to confirm...

Smh...

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by KokoBeware: 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Eko Ile: I don't know why the useless I.diot lied to the world when the same world is not oblivious about the pathetic power situation in Nigeria.

Many around the world think we are crooked, corrupt and liars, but this dullard picked the most popular media platform in the world to confirm...

Smh...

What exactly did he say?? And what part was a lie.... Pray tell....
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by taharqa: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip.

She gathered just 3 persons in Lagos and asked them to say something about their power supply, and all of them said that power had not increased and that they had not had light for 3 weeks!!! Those are the views of an average Nigerian, right? *smh*.

I stay in Benin and Power has improved on my end for many many months now except for some few times when there are National issues, like last Friday till Wednesday this week when we had a terrible supply probably cos of the new Benin-Onitsha Transmission Line repairs. THIS IS FACT.

Amanpour just behaved as badly as that other CNN presenter (the Kenya Guy- I have forgotten his name) who presented an extremely wrong programme on the Niger Delta crisis some years ago, and just like this programme also gathered FAKE persons to conduct his interviews. Nigeria protested, He was SACKED and that ended his International career. She ought to know better.

10 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by ayox2003: 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
Here is the tweet.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Is lagos the only state in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rhino5dm: 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
O men! Go to her page and see finishing! Choi!! Jonathan thought Christie is another Thisday news paper reporter that could easily be bought and lied to. Nigerians are all out, resolved to put the lying dolt to the rightful place he belongs i.e. Hall of Shame.

Again, is sincerefool and other 40 laptop crew members on vacation? smh!

7 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by takedat(m): 11:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa:
Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip.

She gathered just 3 persons in Lagos and asked them to say something about their power supply, and all of them said that power had not increased and that they had not had light for 3 weeks!!! Those are the views of an average Nigerian, right? *smh*.

I stay in Benin and Power has improved on my end for many months now except for some few times when there are National issues, like last Friday till Wednesday this week when we had a terrible supply probably cos of the new Benin-Onitsha Transmission Line. THIS IS FACT.

Amanpour just behaved as badly as that other CNN presenter (the Kenya Guy- I have forgotten his name) who presented an extremely wrong programme on the Niger Delta crisis some years ago, and just like this programme also gathered FAKE persons to conduct his interviews. Nigeria prosted, He was SACKED and that ended his International career. She ought to know better.
The truth is a lot of Nigerians are yet to see the improvement in power supply especially those in the rural areas. Because power supply has greatly improved where you reside doesn't mean it has elsewhere and you weren't expecting those interviewed to say yes when its a no for them.

The president erred when he made a categorical statement that power has improved and everyone would testify to that, he could have simply stated how much megawatts the government has added and that the reforms will yield the desired result. The handlers of GEJ are his biggest enemies.

Bros, you will grow grey hair and hunch back while expecting Amanpour to get sacked for what you call bad journalism.

24 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa: Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip.

I stay in Benin and Power has improved on my end for many many months now except for some few times when there are National issues, like last Friday till Wednesday this week when we had a terrible supply probably cos of the new Benin-Onitsha Transmission Line repairs. THIS IS FACT.

Amanpour just behaved as badly as that other CNN presenter (the Kenya Guy- I have forgotten his name) who presented an extremely wrong programme on the Niger Delta crisis some years ago, and just like this programme also gathered FAKE persons to conduct his interviews. Nigeria protested, He was SACKED and that ended his International career. She ought to know better.

grin grin grin grin grin Why do people never give up?! Open MIC should have been set up in Benin jare, those phony Lagosians, na ACN pay them to yarn opata jare

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by tchaik(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
taharqa: Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip....I stay in Benin and Power has improved on my end for many many months now

have you had Power for straight 24 Hrs #uninterrupted?
And where exactly do you reside in Benin?

9 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by KokoBeware: 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
take dat: The truth is a lot of Nigerians are yet to see the improvement in power supply especially those in the rural areas. Because power supply has greatly improved where you reside doesn't mean it has elsewhere and you weren't expecting those interviewed to say yes when its a no for them.

The president erred when he made a categorical statement that power has improved and everyone would testify to that, he could have simply stated how much megawatts the government has added and that the reforms will yield the desired result. The handlers of GEJ are his biggest enemies.

Bros, you will grow grey hair while expecting Amanpour to get sacked for what you call bad journalism.

But she left out this part which I think justified his statement

JONATHAN: We are not quite where we should be, and of course you know the power infrastructure is
one investment that you must complete the (inaudible) before the ball collides. You must generate, you
must transmit, you must (inaudible), and even if you have the money and the political will to do so, you
cannot do it overnight. And we are working very hard and I promise you that, before the end of this
year how I will be reasonably stable in Nigeria. This is something that has been a problem for years, for
years. So, you cannot correct it overnight. It takes time, even if you have the money.

9 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by EkoIle1: 11:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
KokoBeware:

What exactly did he say?? And what part was a lie.... Pray tell....

Don't ask me dumb questions.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Rhino5dm: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Abeg help me ask Jonathan that boasted and blatantly said Christie should go to the street of LAGOS and enquire about how they are enjoying lights 24/7. Why did he made reference to street of LAGOS in the first place? Abi, the sapele water way im drink no allow am see front?

Next time, tell Jonathan to put his mouth where his lies can reach.

J12: Is lagos the only state in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Akshow: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
forty man gej nairaland laptop squad the ball is in your court. Earn your salaries! It will be interesting to see how you explain this.
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by TableLeg(m): 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
4va3sa22na: cheesy

cheesy
You must be a diseased pig....
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
This thread is a comic strip! Where are the rest of the 40 lappy crew now? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by EkoIle1: 12:01am On Feb 05, 2013
taharqa: Just watched the programme Now and am DISGUSTED at the extremely 'bad Journalism' that she put together in that short clip.

See essay...lmao.

laptop number HIV20. Your laptop dey overheat...

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 05, 2013
^ See me trying not to shout grin grin grin grin
Re: Amanpour Interviews Nigerians In Lagos About Power Outage by taharqa: 12:06am On Feb 05, 2013
tchaik:

have you had Power for straight 24 Hrs #uninteruptted?
And where exactly do you reside in Benin?
I reside in d Ugbowo and Upper Mission areas; and power has very very significantly improvd in those areas and MOST parts of Benin, except for d FEW things when there are national systems issues like I said. THIS IS FACT. They interruptd light about 20mins ago and just restord it now- this is not unusual to us here where I stay for almost a yr.... NO body talkd about 24hrs CONSTANT supply, dat is not even possible for MANY parts of Nigeria even b4 2015; am talking of significant improvements and real work done. GEJ inheritd a DEAD power sector for Goodness' sake, and only a complete IJIOT wud expect him (or anybody for that matter) to clear d decays of decades in 2yrs. WHAT THA FUVK IS WRONG WITH US

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki At Paul Arkwright's Home To Mark Queen Elizabeth's Birthday / FFK - Why Femi Gbajabiamila Should Be Elected As Speaker Of House Of Reps / Buhari, Tinubu And Succession Confussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.