Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match (9604 Views)

Victor Moses Happy With Eagles Return / France Vs Germany - World Cup Q.final (0 - 1) On 4th July 2014 / Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by gulfer: 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Long before the first ball was kicked in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations quarter final match between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and the Elephants of Ivory Coast, many had written off the Eagles and given the tie to the Ivorians.

At the sports ministry and even the Nigeria Football Federation, there were lots of undercurrents that pointed to drastic measures that may have culminated in the sack of the Super Eagles technical crew, headed by Coach Stephen Keshi.
Nigeria's Team Photo Front Row: L-R: Midfielder Victor Moses, Forward Sunday Mba, Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Forward Ikechukwu Uche, Defender Godfrey Oboabona. Back row L-R: Midfielder John Obi Mikel, Defender Kenneth Omeruo,Defender Efe Ambrose, Forward Emmanuel Emenike, Defender Elderson Echiejile, Forward Emmanuel Emenike, during a 2013 African Cup of Nations Group C match in Rustenburg on January 29, 2013 at Royal Bafokeng Stadium. AFP PHOTO

Nigeria’s Team Photo Front Row: L-R: Midfielder Victor Moses, Forward Sunday Mba, Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Forward Ikechukwu Uche, Defender Godfrey Oboabona. Back row L-R: Midfielder John Obi Mikel, Defender Kenneth Omeruo,Defender Efe Ambrose, Forward Emmanuel Emenike, Defender Elderson Echiejile, Forward Emmanuel Emenike, during a 2013 African Cup of Nations Group C match in Rustenburg on January 29, 2013 at Royal Bafokeng Stadium. AFP PHOTO

The degree of doubt in the team and the technical crew by officials reached a crescendo soon after the team’s final group match against Ethiopia in Nelspruit, when it was openly suggested that a foreign coach would be sought to replace Keshi, once the team made its expected early exit from the tournament.

Although the spokesman for the NFF, Chief Emeka Inyamah made a public denial over the search for a foreign coach, he did not dismiss its possibility. Addressing the press after the Ethiopia match, Inyamah said, “that to me is a distraction.

Rather, we will come together at the end of the tournament to review everything. If he is worthy to continue, he will continue and if we think that there is need to bring in a white or black man to assist, then we bring one.”

But events that transpired after that press conference pointed to the fact that the NFF did not believe the Coach Stephen Keshi team could beat Ivory Coast.

NFF officials would not have been taken by surprise if the Super Eagles had crashed against the Elephants on Sunday.

Sports Vanguard gathered in Abuja that the football house had already booked for the team’s return flight to Nigeria soon after the match.

A source told Sports Vanguard that all the money relating to the flight arrangements had been concluded.
[quote]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/incredible-nff-booked-eagles-return-tickets-before-qfinal-match/
Na wah O, see defeatist attitude of these goons, they no even want the guys to prove themselves.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by nocmig27: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hmmmmmmm..Then what a disappointment to them..
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by AjanleKoko: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201302050136.html

Na wah O, see defeatist attitude of these goons, they no even want the guys to prove themselves.

Bullshit story.
So if they had lost the game, they should be looking for tickets to leave SA? Why won't they book tickets?
You're as daft as the jobless people that wrote that story angry

2 Likes

Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by jagabanban: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
No harm in that na!
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Built2last: 12:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
That Hallam in the football house breathes through his anus so I'm not surprised. How dare you write of a man when he is still alive.
Meaning that he has also typed keshi's sack letter.

1 Like

Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by gulfer: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Bullshit story.
So if they had lost the game, they should be looking for tickets to leave SA? Why won't they book tickets?
You need no replies and if I take the meaning of your name, that means an animal is on NL. Fool-ish as a sheep, you failed to read the highlighted part, Odenson aburo Dejo.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Built2last: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Bullshit story.

Now that they have scaled through is it not tax payers money they will use to extend that flight.
Who said flight can't be booked the same hour if they had lost out. Abeg give yourself brain
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by gulfer: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
Built2last: That Hallam in the football house breathes through his anus so I'm not surprised. How dare you write of a man when he is still alive.
Meaning that he has also typed keshi's sack letter.
^^^ Thanks Jare, at least you read the whole article unlike the fool-ish leopard above.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by AjanleKoko: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer: You need no replies and if I take the meaning of your name, that means an animal is on NL. Fool-ish as a sheep, you failed to read the highlighted part, Odenson aburo Dejo.

So why did you reply then? You've obviously been sitting on your brains for a while tongue

2 Likes

Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by topeorekoy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
But serious, if you travel to another country aint u supposed to buy a return ticket?
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by BarryX(m): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nobody would blame them for being proactive, at least most of us expected their return

1 Like

Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by FineBro(m): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nawa oo. Our Enemies shall fall IJN..
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by erniok(m): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
No b small tin ohh. NFF no trust keshi and his boys. Can't imagine reading a headline like dis about barca.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by phaya(f): 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
So NFF didn't believe in the team they have been preparing. Its a pity Smh
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Reptyle(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201302050136.html

Be honest with yourself and tell me if you genuinely expected the Eagles to improve their game against CIV after 3 consecutive poor performances against weaker opposition. Their performance against CIV was a pleasant surprise and I was one of those who gladly ate my words after that match.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by yuzedo: 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ah! That is what i call "Pro-activity"... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Napolitano(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thank you Eagles for making some people look stupid.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by neksummi(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
Reptyle:

Be honest with yourself and tell me if you genuinely expected the Eagles to improve their game against CIV after 3 consecutive poor performances against weaker opposition. Their performance against CIV was a pleasant surprise and I was one of those who gladly ate my words after that match.

It's good you gladly ate your words after the match. Pride will not allow a lot people do that.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by yokiti: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Has anyone forgotten about "open" Ticket?
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by aglomar: 12:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Even Keshi gave a speech explaining their intending loss
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by OluEmmaAss: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Their victory left even themselves in shock!
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by kelvOdanz(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=FineBro]Nawa oo. Our Enemies shall fall IJN...AAAMMEENN!!
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Its like everyone had given up on the Super Eagles. The Morale of this is; If you work truly hard for a victory, even the gods cant stop you.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
What? A height of total unpatriotism.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by disboy: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Reptyle:

Oboy u are a man of integrity unlike all these hypocrites trying 2 shift d blame on NFF wheras na them abuse the super eagles pass b4 the CIV match
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Funjay(m): 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
seriously doubt the story.
The NFF i know would have left the team stranded in South Africa for weeks b4 begging Arik to go and bring dem.
Its not the 1st time we've seen such, na our way.

Frankly speaking, how many pple actually blived we kud win the elephants b4 d game was played?
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Josh316(m): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
The irony is that this team could go on to eventually win the trophy funny enough...
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by GbaGaunPolice: 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer: You need no replies and if I take the meaning of your name, that means an animal is on NL. Fool-ish as a sheep, you failed to read the highlighted part, Odenson aburo Dejo.
You need no Replies ke.....wasere omo mi....master of Gbaugaun
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by Reptyle(m): 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
Josh316: The irony is that this team could go on to eventually win the trophy funny enough...

I agree that could happen...only if they stay consistent with their quality against CIV. Honestly, while that was a pleasant surprise, that match marked the last time we would be going into any match in this competition rated as underdogs. Our boys also know that and I pray it wont make them cocky and complacent against Mali so we don't end up crying tomorrow.

If they have a team psychologist, now is the time for him to earn his pay. If the Eagles can approach all the remaining matches with the zest we saw against CIV, there is no team in this competition that can stop them from lifting the trophy.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by gulfer: 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
Who is this troll, go get a life. If you ever visited any forum outside NL, you'll understand forums are not English lessons or sessions. angry
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by omiobo: 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
You can't blame NFF,they started poor. No level of high patriotism go make person call nigeria a corruption-free country.
Re: Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match by sshalom(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
You can imagine the kinds of 'leaders' we are dealing with. Looking for the team to fail so that they can make money in searching for a foreign 'technical adviser'. SMH.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartland Fc Vs 3SC (2pm) | FC Ifeanyi Ubah Vs Sunshine Stars (4pm) / African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? / UK Football Pools Special Key Release For Wk 7, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.