Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1000859 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2fishes(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2013
chygoz3:
I think they will be very profitable. Imagine selling to the blackberry phone users that carry their chargers along wherever they go. Going into power bank sales is something i'm considering doing. Let me finish my market research first.

There is this particular girl I know, even when going to church, she's always handy with her BB charger, imagine.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2013
2fishes:

Well said, I guess there is a shift from tablet import to power banks now , cool. We need this stuff in Nigerias electronic market.
Quite true but the problem is that most seller usually over rate the power bank charge/discharge ratings.
Going through various reviews at aliexpress, you will discover that most customers who are knowledgeable with battery capacities and discharge cycles are complaining about this.
For a 30,000mAH power bank, you will hardly see a customer who had attested to getting upto 20,000mAH using this device.
The good thing is that it works and Nigerians need it.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 11:42am On Aug 02, 2013
2fishes:

There is this particular girl I know, even when going to church, she's always handy with her BB charger, imagine.
My Oga, you be FIB or CIA agent? See as you mount a 24/7 hours surveillance on this babe. Talk true oooohhh.... grin grin grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Ponybiz: 11:58am On Aug 02, 2013
Soyedele1:

[b]I learnt some from xzibukz and I developed on my own. This is what I do. I opened 5 ebay account..I will search for items i like, I will email the seller convincing him to list the item on amazon, I do tell him that paypal doesnt not support the credit card payment from my country..with 0 feedback, you can only ask five questions in a day. so, I opened five accounts so that i can ask different sellers questions about items im interested in.

If they agree, they will list the item on amazon for you and send you the link and you will buy it directly and i have a shippyme address, thanks to xzibukz grin grin

I dont know about other banks' cards but I have used STANBIC AND FIRSTBANK MASTERCARD but they all failed but my GTB card delivers successfully without token.

When making Payment on amazon, make sure they you write down the correct address you used to open your account as your billing address with correct phonne number so that you wont have problems.

I made a payment of two items yesterday worth $300 and it did successfully with my GTB Mastercard.

One trick I have learnt about shippyme is that I dont reside at Lagos, hence I will require them to use ABC or TRANEX but i prefer TRANEX..Imagine i bought a netbook of $150 and shippyme charges like $40 including tranex, it wont pay me when I want to sell them. so I make sure I have at least 3 items(laptops or phones) going to shippyme so that I will pay $20 for tranex to ship them to Ibadan instead of paying $20 for an item..

I would have loved to use MIKKYANGEL for my ebay Transaction but HELL NO, I cant pay him $80 to get me a laptop down to Lagos, that is a BIG NO for me..

Pls, know that amazon charges N168 as $1.

If ebay is giving you problems, go to craigslist. You will find cheaper items there but you should be ready to pass tru the stress sending a lot of emails and when sending messages to a seller on craigslist, in order for your message to be delivered, pls send a short message like 'what is the working condition of the item and the last price of the item? OR can you ship to Mountainside,NJ?' when they reply, you will then go into full details..

Hope this helps..MANY THANKS TO XZIBUKZ for sharing with us how he does his transaction from ebay to amazon to shippyme to nigeria to Ilorin. grin

Texaco1 charges makes sense for ebay transaction as well..amazon is really stressful when searching for items but You can get cheap netbook there..it all depends on you.

Thanks..[/b]
thank u very much for this special information am very very greatful,so who is texaco1,and that netbook you ship with $40 tru shippyme,if it were circuit how much would have be the shipping cost.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2fishes(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
9free:
Quite true but the problem is that most seller usually over rate the power bank charge/discharge ratings.
Going through various reviews at aliexpress, you will discover that most customers who are knowledgeable with battery capacities and discharge cycles are complaining about this.
For a 30,000mAH power bank, you will hardly see a customer who had attested to getting upto 20,000mAH using this device.
The good thing is that it works and Nigerians need it.

There ain't no fair share in the autonomy of some asian market.
I bet U can get up to that capacity for a 30,000mAh but my brother, na big load be that.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 2fishes(m): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
9free:
My Oga, you be FIB or CIA agent? See as you mount a 24/7 hours surveillance on this babe. Talk true oooohhh.... grin grin grin

She's just a regular friend.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Usiyaro(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: since their shipping fees is ok,l think they should allow sending a link of the specific item like circuit.or the show us how to buy from ebay especially ebay.
dats like almost 50
pages back, tanx to xbukz dats not a problem anymore
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by princeuk21(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
i dislike dispute but this china girl wan make me open am undecided angry
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: thank u very much for this special information am very very greatful,so who is texaco1,and that netbook you ship with $40 tru shippyme,if it were circuit how much would have be the shipping cost.
Texaco is on nairaland as well.he has his own thread.. Shippyme is an arm of circuitatlantic. ShippymE deals with shipment while circuitatlantic will help you to make payment for any items you want to buy online and ship for you but the charges are expensive.
If it was circuitatlantic that will help me to seecure such a netbook,It will be expensive.. I wanted to use then to secure a cheap item for me at walmart but they charge me $100+ for a laptop of 298, so I had to cancel the transaction. Shippyme charges $5.50 per lbs.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ezehisaac(m): 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
chyke007: I have a collection of original brazilian hairs i imported from Elena. Looking for a bulk buyer. Contact me on 08060753513

please add me on WhatsApp let's know how much quantity you've got
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Issyman(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
I just stumbled on this thread this afternoon. I went ahead to read all post in the 1st season. I got a lot of insight into the importation biz. Its a biz I ve been considering going into for more than a year now. I now have little capital to work with. I am about importing powerbank. I have concluded discussion with the manufacturer of the product and they exexpecting to effect payment. I am still holding on payment because I have to carry out my study very well in Abuja to know how much I can sell to shop owners. I need anyone that has any knowledge about this to share with me.
Thanks to u guys for the great work u ve all been doing on this thread.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by solomonsojay(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
Goods rolling in hongkong & singapore post just dropped dese...ordered 1st 10th July came July 29 & 2nd 18th July came 1st Aug.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ponybiz: so who is texaco1?

www.nairaland.com/texaco1
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ezehisaac(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
2s£xy:
Hello Friends...

I was thinking if we could come together and contribute 10K each and then order for some/any product(s) in large quantity, ship to naija, share it among ourselves and sell individually or collectively...

It's just a rough idea that just came to mind and I haven't given much thought to it yet.

This could help some folks start in a big way.

What do you guys think?

subscribed and waiting for more partners
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Cyprian213(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
pls i need help. this is the message i got five days after my order; Hello! as more stringent customs audit, temporary unable to send DHL, so we send a unified china post, please forgive me! you can ask this application for a partial refund, we refund your $20 DHL fee. What does the above mean, and what do i do?
[/color]
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Cyprian213(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
pls dear brothers, help me track these; RB464423124CN, RB308207812CN and ra583616349cn
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Cyprian213: pls i need help. this is the message i got five days after my order; Hello! as more stringent customs audit, temporary unable to send DHL, so we send a unified china post, please forgive me! you can ask this application for a partial refund, we refund your $20 DHL fee. [color=#000000]What does the above mean, and what do i do?
[/color]
your shipping has been changed frm DHL to china post. Wait o! una no de chat with una sellers? dis kind fuckup.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ADEBAYOUR05(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmm! By the time you are thru with this post you will understand that all i wanted to do is to show am following FULLSTOP.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by xzibukz(m): 2:20am On Aug 03, 2013
Soyedele1:

[b]I learnt some from xzibukz and I developed on my own. This is what I do. I opened 5 ebay account..I will search for items i like, I will email the seller convincing him to list the item on amazon, I do tell him that paypal doesnt not support the credit card payment from my country..with 0 feedback, you can only ask five questions in a day. so, I opened five accounts so that i can ask different sellers questions about items im interested in.

If they agree, they will list the item on amazon for you and send you the link and you will buy it directly and i have a shippyme address, thanks to xzibukz grin grin

I dont know about other banks' cards but I have used STANBIC AND FIRSTBANK MASTERCARD but they all failed but my GTB card delivers successfully without token.

When making Payment on amazon, make sure they you write down the correct address you used to open your account as your billing address with correct phonne number so that you wont have problems.

I made a payment of two items yesterday worth $300 and it did successfully with my GTB Mastercard.

One trick I have learnt about shippyme is that I dont reside at Lagos, hence I will require them to use ABC or TRANEX but i prefer TRANEX..Imagine i bought a netbook of $150 and shippyme charges like $40 including tranex, it wont pay me when I want to sell them. so I make sure I have at least 3 items(laptops or phones) going to shippyme so that I will pay $20 for tranex to ship them to Ibadan instead of paying $20 for an item..

I would have loved to use MIKKYANGEL for my ebay Transaction but HELL NO, I cant pay him $80 to get me a laptop down to Lagos, that is a BIG NO for me..

Pls, know that amazon charges N168 as $1.

If ebay is giving you problems, go to craigslist. You will find cheaper items there but you should be ready to pass tru the stress sending a lot of emails and when sending messages to a seller on craigslist, in order for your message to be delivered, pls send a short message like 'what is the working condition of the item and the last price of the item? OR can you ship to Mountainside,NJ?' when they reply, you will then go into full details..

Hope this helps..MANY THANKS TO XZIBUKZ for sharing with us how he does his transaction from ebay to amazon to shippyme to nigeria to Ilorin. grin

Texaco1 charges makes sense for ebay transaction as well..amazon is really stressful when searching for items but You can get cheap netbook there..it all depends on you.

Thanks..[/b]

when using shippyme, dont forget to use "consolidate option" $15 and "strip" option $5, its really saves you some bucks and some empty space in your packages.
i just got my item from them,i had to travel to lagos to do the pickup,i cant wait for them to send it through tranex.
customers on my neck and i need to see thosse guys physically.
Mehn...those guys are really working,many people came for pickup and very nice business environment.
kudos to Mr.Uzo (circuitatlantic & shippyme) Acting M.D tongue
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by solomonsojay(m): 6:13am On Aug 03, 2013
cuteng:
I got it from dhgate, saw a lot at aliexpress but liked this particular design at dhgate.if u need d store link, then send me an email and I will send it to ur email when am on system.

Please I need that link too no, Planning to take the big step soon...solomonsojay@gmail.com
Thanks s
Dear
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by markobinna(m): 6:26am On Aug 03, 2013
chygoz3: I stay at Orji.

Is it orji primary school side, hadel, ama wire, or mission side
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2013
xzibukz:

when using shippyme, dont forget to use "consolidate option" $15 and "strip" option $5, its really saves you some bucks and some empty space in your packages.
i just got my item from them,i had to travel to lagos to do the pickup,i cant wait for them to send it through tranex.
customers on my neck and i need to see thosse guys physically.
Mehn...those guys are really working,many people came for pickup and very nice business environment.
kudos to Mr.Uzo (circuitatlantic & shippyme) Acting M.D tongue
Thanks so much bro.. They are charging me 6500 for sendiing my items from lagos to ibadan through tranex and it doesn't pay me. So I have decided to go down to lagos with just less than 3000 to collect them. Pls can you give me a detail description on how to reach deir office in lagos? Send me ur number and let us chat tru whatsapp.
Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by chygoz3(m): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2013
markobinna:

Is it orji primary school side, hadel, ama wire, or mission side
Primary school side
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Cyprian213(m): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2013
[b]pls i need help. this is the message i got five days after my order; [color=#006600]Hello! as more stringent customs audit, temporary unable to send DHL, so we send a unified china post, please forgive me! you can ask this application for a partial refund, we refund your $20 DHL fee. What does the above mean, and what do i do?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by candiva2013(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2013
Good morning everyone. I need your assistance, I made payment to aliexpress with my gtb master card, they deducted 3212 naira from my account. That does not include the 3245 naira which is the price of the goods I paid for. In all they deducted 6457 naira instead of 3245 naira only. Please what could be the problem?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by klens(m): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2013
candiva2013: Good morning everyone. I need your assistance, I made payment to aliexpress with my gtb master card, they deducted 3212 naira from my account. That does not include the 3245 naira which is the price of the goods I paid for. In all they deducted 6457 naira instead of 3245 naira only. Please what could be the problem?
The same thing happened to me the first time I did transaction on Ali thereby debitidg me twice, just call GT CONNECT or go to their and call them, your money will be returned.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by xzibukz(m): 11:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Soyedele1:
Thanks so much bro.. They are charging me 6500 for sendiing my items from lagos to ibadan through tranex and it doesn't pay me. So I have decided to go down to lagos with just less than 3000 to collect them. Pls can you give me a detail description on how to reach deir office in lagos? Send me ur number and let us chat tru whatsapp.
Thanks
whatsapp
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by candiva2013(m): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2013
klens: The same thing happened to me the first time I did transaction on Ali thereby debitidg me twice, just call GT CONNECT or go to their and call them, your money will be returned.
Thank you brother, am grateful. That was also my first time.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2013
klens: The same thing happened to me the first time I did transaction on Ali thereby debitidg me twice, just call GT CONNECT or go to their and call them, your money will be returned.

mine was about 1k5, I couldn't call because the card was in my girlfriend's name, she late said she saw some bucks in it, I even thought the card had been compromised.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Rexyl(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
I ve bn tryn to buy laptops from Amazon but each time I tried to check out this is response I got “We're sorry. Your order contains items that may not be shipped to the selected destination. Please select another address“. Does it mean they don't ship to Nigeria? I they do what is left to be done? Timely response pls.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by iroko784real: 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
ezeh isaac:

subscribed and waiting for more partners
subscribe too

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.