Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1000721 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Canme4u(m): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
mcfynest:
GOOD WORK DUDES ON NL IMPORTATION, BEEN A WHILE I POSTED ON THIS PAGE SINCE AROUND THIS TIME LAST YEAR, I STUMBLED ON THIS PAGE ACCIDENTALLY BUT INTENTIONALLY, AND TODAY I AM COUNTING MY BLESSING, canme4u I APPRECIATE YOU BRO, YOU AND MY FELLOW IMPORTERS ARE GREAT, YOU TOO CAN START YOUR SUCCESS STORY TODAY!

WHEN YOU SEE A NEED, TAKE THE LEAD

am blushing.

I thank God for you bro.

More Blessing.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
[color=#000000][/color]
@Ali thanks for your insightful information. I'v been following this thread for a while now and i have made up my mind to giv this importation biz a try. But i have questions that has been bugging me: do you think that aliexpress has original tablet phones, power banks and how do i identify them with cheap prices?
can you share with me some manufacturers in aliexpress that you have transacted biz business with? thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by stanvesco(m): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
Folks and guru in the house,please any idea on publishing books via alibaba,negotiating with some suppliers and prices seem fair enough.....will use sea shipping for importation,but my real fear are
What custom duty on books like at the moment,before it use to be duty free....the last I checked it was 62percent......so please gurus what's your take on this idea of printing from china....
Sea shipping of 1cbm will cost me 50k using st Patrick's logistics

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Thespecialone(m): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
What's happening ?

I was charged $1 to N174.7477 today while using my MasterCard shocked
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by eph12(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thespecialone:
What's happening ?

Please someone else should confirm this. Which bank exactly sir?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Thespecialone(m): 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
eph12:

Please someone else should confirm this. Which bank exactly sir?
gtb
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by qualityimports(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thespecialone:
What's happening ?

I knew it was gona be GTbank....crazy mehn!
pls does anyone knows any bank with cheaper rate currently? i need to do some importation worth about $5,400 by monday unfailingly and with this rate i might end up paying $6,000 for the same goods worth $5,400.

pls anyone with a better rate should pls leave a msg here for me. thank you

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ylordy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Please how will I track my order I received an email showing that the item has been shiped,but if I try tracking they will say that they do not have any result of the track no.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mickyboiz: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
ylordy:
Please how will I track my order I received an email showing that the item has been shiped,but if I try tracking they will say that they do not have any result of the track no.
17track.net
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Okattamgbee: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Good day my fellow importers,
How is business? Hope you all are doing great in all areas of your importation business.
I want to use this medium to introduce a pick-up and delivery service in Imo State called “LOADEDBAY PICK-UP AND DELIVERY SERVICES”. They help sellers and buyers that are not based in Imo State, but do transact business with buyers and sellers within Imo State to create a flexible and user centric platform for both parties by ensuring a secure and risk-free transaction between them. You can check them out here: https://www.nairaland.com/1988857/loadedbay-pick-up-delivery-services-within
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ylordy(m): 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mickyboiz:
17track.net
thanks,when will I start tracking is it when the goods is shipped or some days after the goods have been shipped
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by naijawealth(m): 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hello guys. Can somebody tell me the procedure to order for item in alibaba.com. I only know about aliexpress but dnt know about alibaba. Would be grateful
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Dken: 12:41am On Nov 10, 2014
Please guys, have you heard of FAFALUX COMPANY and how genuine is the company? undecided
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Goodjayrecords(m): 1:06am On Nov 10, 2014
Pls apart from chrisvicmall/dhl, its there any other method one can use to ship his/her goods from china to nigeria in 2-3 days or 7 days? (About to start Pre-order Bizness)

Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Eghosa1(m): 1:54am On Nov 10, 2014
Thespecialone:
What's happening ?

Confirmed. The Bank's treasury unit are sure having a smile filled week. I was charged 175.5 yesterday.
Can anyone confirm rates charged by other banks at the moment (within the past week ).
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Mickyboiz: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2014
ylordy:
thanks,when will I start tracking is it when the goods is shipped or some days after the goods have been shipped
once the seller gv u tracking number
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by tuslakoncept: 7:25am On Nov 10, 2014
Legalize your business, get registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

Business Enterprise
Limited Liability Company etc.

Don't loose business oportunities as a result of poor write ups, get help with your write ups:
Business Proposals
Business Letters
Company Profile/Brochure
Business Plans
Business Presentation...

Call 07031315222, BB: 2A4E4D29
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Jeffy1206(m): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2014
Eghosa1:

Confirmed. The Bank's treasury unit are sure having a smile filled week. I was charged 175.5 yesterday.
Can anyone confirm rates charged by other banks at the moment (within the past week ).
please o... It's damn expensive o was charged 175 too by gtb equivalent to ab**oki own grin.. . I'm porting newton access cos theres will be cheaper I know.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mavinc4u(f): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2014
Eghosa1:

okay, I remember when someone asked a similar question like yours, it was never attended to rather she was told not to bother them with such question as they are tired of answering such questions. Read it up here https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free/447

I await those people that benched mark on $168-$171 basis to come and comment. Meanwhile skye bank was charging $172.12 when Gtbank was charging $168 so I believe their rate would have gone up to $180 and First bank charges at the rate of $168 and $169.5. All of them are crooks anyway because CBN still sells at $155.8 and xe.com is $165.6 http://www.cenbank.org/rates/ExchRateByCurrency.asp and http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=NGN
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Eghosa1(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2014
mavinc4u:

okay, I remember when someone asked a similar question like yours, it was never attended to rather she was told not to bother them with such question as they are tired of answering such questions. Read it up here https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free/447

I await those people that benched mark on $168-$171 basis to come and comment. Meanwhile skye bank was charging $172.12 when Gtbank was charging $168 so I believe their rate would have gone up to $180 and First bank charges at the rate of $168 and $169.5. All of them are crooks anyway because CBN still sells at $155.8 and xe.com is $165.6 http://www.cenbank.org/rates/ExchRateByCurrency.asp and http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=NGN

The rate applied on any MasterCard is determined by the card association and the treasury unit of the banks. What we really need to know now is the parralel market rate at the moment so as to compare.

I doubt if the exchange rate should be the same as the CBN lending rate to the banks.

Anyways, they're thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nivlin: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2014
Jeffy1206:
please o... It's damn expensive o was charged 175 too by gtb equivalent to ab**oki own grin.. . I'm porting newton access cos theres will be cheaper I know.

Access bank charged 173 about 3 days back undecided
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2014
Dken:
Please guys, have you heard of FAFALUX COMPANY and how genuine is the company? undecided

I will not advise you to patronise them. They lack professionalism.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Thespecialone(m): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Eghosa1:

The rate applied on any MasterCard is determined by the card association and the treasury unit of the banks. What we really need to know now is the parralel market rate at the moment so as to compare.

I doubt if the exchange rate should be the same as the CBN lending rate to the banks.

Anyways, they're thieves.
just got off the phone with my abok¡ He said buying is N173, selling is N171 (for USD)

I'm seriously considering dollar receipts only.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by klexycole(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2014
I can't track my order on 17track.net...Can someone help me? RJ033997031CN
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by osram(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2014
seyithug:

Search for Language Global shipping or @Chinosxl. He has a thread for shipping to Nigeria from the USA, and I am a beneficiary of his speed and professionalism.
how much does he charge?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ylordy(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2014
RG077631811CN,pls help me track...
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by assalaamat(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2014
Pls, how much does Stanbic IBtC Bank charge per dollar? I'm planning to start using their Master Card for the importation biz.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by osram(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=yemi2plus post=27775105]

By logistics, do you mean shipping cost to Nigeria?[/quote pls I just finished negotiatin wit a manufacturer on alibaba he z telling me to pay via paypal or western union......pls how do I go abt it I av a nigerian paypal bt I dnt knw hw to go abt it ............plz help me out
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=osram post=27881314][/quote]

It's not advisable to send money to a seller you're doing business with for the first time via any of the mentioned means. A third party agent is a better alternative.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ylordy(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2014
pls.make una help me track this order CNI141108IVB000328
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Eghosa1(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2014
Thespecialone:
just got off the phone with my abok¡ He said buying is N173, selling is N171 (for USD)

I'm seriously considering dollar receipts only.

Worth considering buddy, honestly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.