Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: (78185 Views)

Beyond Faith / Lara's Tale Episode 2 / Lara's Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Hadesparks(f): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
Chai... Lara z 4rm which villa abeg?
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Hummingbird: 4:36am On Feb 08, 2013
Olori buruku iya...sm1 turnd ur daugta in2 a punchn bag when u'r stil alive...@op,u gt Tony misd up wit David again...gues ur lover bears David.. tongue...9c 1

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2013
Hummingbird: Olori buruku iya...sm1 turnd ur daugta in2 a punchn bag when u'r stil alive...@op,u gt Tony misd up wit David again...gues ur lover bears David.. tongue...9c 1

Lover ke? Pls o, don't let my mother hear that one o! Sowi for the mistakes, I so much luv da name, promise to be more careful.
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Hummingbird: 8:28am On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmm...dia must b a reason behind u loving dat name winkHmmm
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2013
BukkyDan....*lips sealed*

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Splendblex(f): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: BukkyDan....*lips sealed*
HBG,stop sealing ur lips abeg grin
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
Splendblex: HBG,stop sealing ur lips abeg grin
hehehe...ok this guy is good. There I said it

*hides*
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hummingbird stop telling people my secret na! Hahahaha

Humbledbygrace...errm...unseal the lips...

::.:::.::::..:*.:*;/
"Thank you" Lara said givng some naira notes to a cab driver.

She took a deep breathe, and glanced around her.

The magnificent church was standing before her. She had brought her case to God.
She wondered if God would listen to her again. The last time she came to church was when her father was alive, she was ten yrs then...

"Good morning sir" she greeted a man in security uniform.

"Please is the Resident Pastor around?"

"Yes, let me tell him you want to see him." the security man replied before speaking into a telecom.

"he said you should come in."

"Thank you sir!" Lara said before walking towards the church basement.

She muttered a silent prayer before knocking.
"Come in." pastor Wilson said from within

"Good morning Pastor Wilson." she flexed her knee.

"Morning sister...please sit!"

Lara sat on a chair facing him, clutching at her hand bag.

"You came to see me?" Pastor wilson asked.

"Yes pastor, My name is Omolara Popoola.." Lara began.

"Omolara Popoola? You mean Lara the daughter of late Deacon Popoola?" Pastor Wilson asked in suprise.

"Yes sir." Lara smiled.

"Wow...how are you? How have you been?" he looked pleased.

"Fine sir..."

"God is great! You're married now?" he gestured at her wedding band.

"Yes sir,...that's why I came..."

"Is anything the matter?" Pastor wilson sensed all is not well.

Lara told him about her troubles, shedding tears in the process. He looked touched by her story.

"Its well, God is with you." he told her.

After praying with her, he gave her some Bible verses to read, before asking her to fast for just a day.
"Sister Lara, If you must fast; your faith in God would determine how your answer will be." he told her.

"I have faith Pastor." Lara assured him.

"Not just in the mouth but from the heart...and mind you, you must go back to your matrimonial home!" he told her.

"No...But..." she frowned.

"You must go back there!" he said firmly.

"Okay, thank you..." she didn't look happy.

"Take care Lara, God is with you." he waved her off.

::::::::******::::::
Lara walked into her home, she felt nervous when she walked into the sitting room.

"I thought you aint gonna come back." sophia sneered.

"I'm back!" Lara said, before walking into her room.
She's got no time to start quarelling with Sophia now, its almost time for her to break her fast.

She was in a kneeling position, rounding up her prayers when she heard a commotion in the sitting room. She paused absent mindedly to listen...Sophia was quarelling with somebody...perhaps Tony.
She ended her prayer in a hurry and tiptoed out of her room.
What she saw made her jaw drop.

"You have no right to ask me who i'm looking for!" Amara- Tony's mother shot at Sophia.

"You can't walk in like that! This isn't your home!" sophia fired back.

Just then Amara noticed Lara's presence.
"Lara?"

"Welcome ma." Lara greeted her.

"Who's this uncultured woman? Your maid?" she gestured towards Sophia.

"Errrm.."Lara began.
"Sophia, meet ...ermm..Tony's mother, and errmmm, ma please meet, Sophia- Tony's errmm..." Lara stuttered.

"So it is true?!" Amara exclaimed.

Just then Tony came back from wherever he went.
"Mum? What are you doing here?" he asked suprised letting his breifcase drop.

"What am I doing here? So what I heard is true? So its true that you've been maltreating Lara? That you even brought your mistress into your matrimonial home?" Amara shrieked.

Tony bent his head, he knew he was in trouble.

"So this is what you've turned into? A Dog?" Amara yelled.

"I know what to do...I'm calling your father right away!" She threatened picking her phone.

"No no no..please mum, don't do that...I'd be in trouble if you call dad...Sophia is leaving right away..I'l turn a new leaf..." Tony held her hand pleadingly.

He walked into the guest room, appeared carrying Sophia's bag.
"Sophia, leave now!" he shoved the dumbfounded Sophia towards the exit.

"You too, go and bring your bag, you're coming with me!" Amara told Lara who was silent.

"But...ma..." Lara's eyes widened.

"I say go and bring your bag, I can't leave you here with this beast! What if he murders you!" Amara shrieked.

"Mum..please don't take her away." Tony pleaded.

"Try to stop me!" she glared at him, dragging Lara out of the house; with her bag and all.

6 Likes

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: hehehe...ok this guy is good. There I said it

*hides*

#drags her out of her hiding place#

Which guy is good?
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by ozor1: 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Continue..u want us to beg u abi
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Hummingbird: 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmm..I wnt leak out ur secret again....luv Tony's mum,real action woman....ermmm,wen r updatin nxt ooo
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
BukkyDan:

#drags her out of her hiding place#

Which guy is good?
I didn't want to come forward...

You are good. I would have poisoned Tony if I was Sophia...
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
Where was i wen tony was maltreating my very own lara, or wen lara's mum was acting like she has sold out her daughter,now am here tell that tony dt i am wicked o,@bukky,why did u say tony is a nice guy wen he turned himself 2 a wife beatter or batterer, thanks 4 giving lara a no-nonsence mother-in-law,that d best a wife would ask 4. And bukky stop mixing tony wit david,david is good while tony is bad. Thanks bukky 4 d story, love u. :*
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
Damex333: Where was i wen tony was maltreating my very own lara, or wen lara's mum was acting like she has sold out her daughter,now am here tell that tony dt i am wicked o,@bukky,why did u say tony is a nice guy wen he turned himself 2 a wife beatter or batterer, thanks 4 giving lara a no-nonsence mother-in-law,that d best a wife would ask 4. And bukky stop mixing tony wit david,david is good while tony is bad. Thanks bukky 4 d story, love u. :*
u gay?
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Splendblex(f): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bukky weldone ooo...HBG go n update o,nite dose pls...
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Splendblex: Bukky weldone ooo...HBG go n update o,nite dose pls...
I have a headache....

Monday maybe
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by wizkris(f): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
if u have headache,sorry o...more paracetamol to ya aching head.please more update
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
wizkris: if u have headache,sorry o...more paracetamol to ya aching head.please more update

Sir BukkyDan sorry for Derailing ur thread

Its better now @ Wizkris but not today

Sorry hey

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
grin. Yikes! Am hapi
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
Errrmmm...Humbledbygrace...Bukky is a female o...errm...

:::::::::*******.
Tony knotted his tie whilst sipping some coffee. The night had been terrible, different night mares taunting him, he was awake 75 percent of the night.

He ignited his car, and Lara crossed his mind. Her beautiful eyes that widens when she's scared was all he could see. He's been just wicked to her, only God knows the story she's telling his father now about him.

He changed his gear and sped on the highway.
He knew his father won't spare him, he would take the company off his hand, collect all he has and worst of all disown him.

"Oh shit!" he rubbed his eyes.
He opened them lazily at first, then they popped out.

A madman was standing on the road before him, just a few yards away. He couldn't stop the car cos he was moving at a high speed.
He expertly turned the steering wheel moving the car off the road.
The car swerved beyond control, he muttered some quick prayers, he was sure he would die.
The car somersaulted throwing him out through the window...

:::::::*****:
Lara giggled as she bit into her roasted chicken, she was having lunch with her in-laws. She felt joy surge through her veins, what more could she ask for? She felt loved by them. They were doting on her, most-especially her father in-law Chief Ifiora.

"I taught your mother in-law how to cook o." Ifiora chuckled at her.

"well I taught him how to eat!" Amara said and they all burst out laughing.

Lara watched them as they laughed, they looked so much alike; happy couples she thought as she smiled.

"When I was a boy, I helped my mother in the kitchen." Ifiora said with pride.

"well that's cos you liked it." Amara replied.

"Not at all! I was an only child that's why!" he defended himself.

"Hmm...Tony Is an only child too, but can't make himself a mug of coffee." Amara chirped cleaning her mouth with a napkin.

Lara felt shivers run down her spine at the mention fo 'Tony', she saw her father-in-law cringe too.

"Talking about Tony..." Ifiora's voice became coarse.

"He couldn't even call or do something...he's expecting me to call him right?" he shook his head.

"I guess so!" Amara made a face.

"Hmm, I'm going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget!" he basked like a lizard in the sun.

"Lesson? That boy is soooooo stubborn!" Amara said with disgust.

Chief Ifiora's phone rang loudly.
"A strange number..." Amara said giving the phone to him.

"Hello?" he listened for a while.

"Yes you're speaking with Chief Ifiora..."
he listened again.

"What?!" he rose to his feet.

Lara stopped eating, she wanted to know what was happening.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming right away!" He ended the call.

"Darling get me my Jacket!" he told Amara.

"What happened?" Lara asked quitely.

"Oh, nothing really, just eat your food." he forced a smile.

"Ogini? What going on?" Amara appeared holding his jacket.

He whispered something to her in Igbo, for once Lara wished she understood Igbo.

"We need to go now! Lara take care!" Amara said throwing a scarf round her head.

"Can I come with you?" Lara rose to her feet.

"No..you just take care, okay? We'll be back soon." Amara said as she and her husband left through the exit.

Lara sighed deeply as she heard them drive out of the compound.
Definitely something is wrong some where....she fidgeted nervously.

5 Likes

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lol thanks sister

I was waiting for ur update..now I can sleep
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lol thanks sister

I was waiting for ur update..now I can sleep.

Thanks
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by avicky(f): 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
white mosquito: What kind of mother is dis?
D type of mother dt has never smelt wealth. Yeye mother dt can sell her dignity and her daughter's because of material gains.
I just wish Deji will teach dem all a lesson.

Bukky... Deji na man or woman? Oruko okunrin ni naw. Ayodeji abi?
Weldone dear!
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
::::::****::::::
Lara folded her arms round her chest as she watched her mother in-law pack some fruits into a basket.
"You're going out" she said rather than asked.

"Yes, but I'll be back soon." Amara replied covering the basket with a table cloth.

"I'm coming with you..." Lara began to say.

"No..."

"I'm coming with you!" she said firmly.

"Lara, you can't come with me, okay?" Amara tried to soothe her.

"Is there anything wrong? You've been going out now for the past one week, and...and... Or is there anything you're hiding from me?" Lara said with a frown.

"Now, Lara relax your nerves, okay. Stay back, I'l buy you something when I'm coming back." Amara patted her.

"Okay then...I'l be going back to my place." Lara pouted.

"Lara! You can't..."

"I can't stay here all alone!" Lara began to cry.

Amara sighed, she knew her game is up. She need to tell Lara the truth. But how would she start? Tony would be discharged that night.

"Errm..Lara, Tony had an accident, he'll be discharged today." she said slowly.

"Accident? Tony?" Lara held her chest firmly.

"Yes, he'l be discharged today." Amara sighed again.

"I'm coming with you to see him!" Lara said huskily.

"No...I'l drop you at your place instead, you'l see him later in the day, when he's been discharged." Amara told her.

Lara felt her knee go weak, she prayed the accident isn't that bad.

::::::::********
Lara toyed with her cornrows out of boredom, her mother-in-law had called to tell her they were on their way.
She tried to imagine what Tony would look like, maybe he would wear a scowl, or perhaps bark at her.
She heard the front door open, she stood up sharply, expectantly.

"Welco..." what she saw made her Tongue stick to the roof of her mouth...

Tony sat in a wheel chair, he looked so pale. Chief Ifiora pushed the wheel chair into the room.

Lara looked on, she tried to speak, but couldn't. Tony looked up at her, he held her gaze, his eyes full of regrets, sorrow and pains.

Lara looked away, tears stung her eyelids, was it real? She asked herself.

"Don't cry." Amara hugged her.

Lara wept on her shoulder, she watched her father-in-law push Tony in his wheel chair towards his room.

Tears blurred her vision. Was this the same Tony she saw few days ago? Now he is in a wheel-chair?
She hugged her mother-inlaw and they both wept holding each other tightly.

2 Likes

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
avicky:
D type of mother dt has never smelt wealth. Yeye mother dt can sell her dignity and her daughter's because of material gains.
I just wish Deji will teach dem all a lesson.

Bukky... Deji na man or woman? Oruko okunrin ni naw. Ayodeji abi?
Weldone dear!

deji is a female o, obirin's too answer the name.
Anyway thanks.
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by avicky(f): 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
BukkyDan:

deji is a female o, obirin's too answer the name.
Anyway thanks.
Really? 0k, No trouble.
Weldone! I was not expecting any update this night even though it was very short. But it's better than none sha.
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by BukkyDan(f): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2013
:::::::******::::::
"Breakfast is ready..." Lara cooed as she helped Tony sit-up on his bed.
He was watching her closely, she's been supportive ever since he came back from the hospital.
He had always imagined her paying him back his evils now that he's defenceless, but she proved his imaginations wrong.
He wondered if she had forgiven him, cos he's not even asked for her forgiveness yet.

"Hope you don't mind me putting too much milk in your tea...the doctor said you should drink alot of milk o." Lara smiled as she offered him a cup of tea in a saucer.

"Thank you." he said almost in a whisper.

"Your toast is here, your boiled eggs, your potato chips, your fried plantains, your ...." Lara listed as she pushed a tray full of food towards him.

"for only me?" Tony's eyes widened.

"Yes o! The doctor said you need a balanced diet!" Lara said

Tony laughed, he never knew she had a sense of humour.
"Eat up, while I get your bath water ready..." she quipped.

"Errrm..Lara?" he searched her eyes.

"yes?" she turned to look at him.

"I...errm...I...just...wanted to say I'm sorry..for..for..all I did to you...I'm..." he stammered.

"Oh please, don't start! Stop those I'm sorry stuff!" Lara frowned.

"I don't..know....Its..just that...just that...I feel I'm not worth your kindness...." he continued.

"Now, don't talk like that, I hold no grudges against you..okay? Now eat up and take your bathe, you know your father would be here soon...remember you're seeing the doctor today...huh?" she said sweetly.

Tony held her gaze for a while before she looked away. She walked gently towards his bathroom.

2 Likes

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by whitemosquito(f): 9:10am On Feb 09, 2013
Pls tel me she wud do small wickedness to him na. Dis forgive n forget crap, sorry shyt is boring o

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Splendblex(f): 9:24am On Feb 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I have a headache....

Monday maybe
awww...sorry dear,it is well!
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Splendblex(f): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2013
white mosquito: Pls tel me she wud do small wickedness to him na. Dis forgive n forget crap, sorry shyt is boring o
d fact dat he's on a wheel chair is enough punishment n besides lara isn't wicked.
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
Diary of a mad black woman...nice

2 Likes

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Hummingbird: 10:01am On Feb 09, 2013
Lara must do hers back oo,even if its little..let him know ao much it hurts wen a loved one hurts you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The One I Love / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.