Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . (2990 Views)

25 Amazing Facts About Teeth / Cannabis Will Soon Become Legal For Non-violent User / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by stupor(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
I thought I should share this about Cannabis :

1.Marijuana is created from the dried, shredded flowers and leaves of the hemp plant Cannabis sativa.

2.Marijuana also known as cannabis, reefer, pot and ganga has been around since prehistory.

3.Cannabis seeds were used as a food source in China as early as 6000 B.C.

4.Marijuana Tax Act, which passed in 1937, coincidentally occurred just as the decoricator machine was invented.

5.Cannabis and hemp are the same.

6.14.6 million Americans smoke pot on a regular basis.

7.In Oregon you can't buy or sell marijuana but you can smoke the drug on your own property.

8.The original drafts of the Declaration of Independence were written on hemp paper.

9.In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to offer medical marijuana to pain-suffering patients.

10.Marijuana was first federally prohibited in 1937. Today, more than 83 million Americans admit to having tried it.

11.In 1937, the marijuana Tax Stamp prohibited the use, sale and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States.

12.Worldwide, it is estimated that about 162 million adults use marijuana at least once per year, and 22.5 million use the drug daily.

13.Marijuana also known as cannabis, reefer, pot and ganga has been around since prehistory.

14.One acre of hemp will produce as much paper as four acres of trees.

16.In 1937, the marijuana Tax Stamp prohibited the use, sale and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States.

17.Cannabis seeds were used as a food source in China as early as 6000 B.C.....

18.This drug will effect and impair your memory, concentration and co-ordination.....

19.According to one report, it would take 800 joints to kill a person but the cause of death would be carbon monoxide poisoning.

20."burnout" occurs when the smoker becomes unresponsive.

21.Approximately 90% of offenders charged with marijuana-related crimes were arrested for possession only.

22.Thirty-five states have passed legislation permitting medical use of marijuana.

23.Cannabis was first cultivated in China around 4000 B.C.....

24.hemp was once considered legal tender in the U.S.

25.After alcohol, marijuana is the most popular recreational or mood-altering drug used worldwide.

26.Cannabis has been used for numerous years in the treatment of the eye disorder glaucoma.

27.The reason marijuana is illegal is because in the 30's cotton growers lobbied against hemp farmers.

28.After 1700 B.C., nomads possessing use and knowledge of hemp migrated out of central Asia.

30.More than 150,000 Americans die of alcohol abuse each year. But in more than 10,000 years of usage, no one has ever died from marijuana.

31.Reaction time for motor skills, such as driving, is reduced by 41% after smoking 1 joint and is reduced 63% after smoking 2 joints.

32.Twelve Americans recieve prescribed marijuana from the U.S. government.

33.More than 400,000 Americans are arrested each year on marijuana charges.

34.Both George Washington and Tomas Jefferson grew marijuana on thier plantations.

35.According to the UNODC, there are several countries worldwide where greater than 8% of the population are said to use marijuana.

36.14.6 million Americans smoke pot on a regular basis.

37.Marijuana was first federally prohibited in 1937. Today, more than 83 million Americans admit to having tried it. ....

38.According to one national survey on drug use, each day approximately 6,000 Americans try marijuana for the first time.

39.The short term effects are a mood altering state where some senses are enhanced, while reality is decreased.

40.In a recent survey at a leading teaching hospital, 'over 60 per cent of medical students were found to be marijuana users.

41.Worldwide, it is estimated that about 162 million adults use marijuana at least once per year, and 22.5 million use the drug daily. ....

42.Thirty-five states in the US have passed legislation permitting medical use of marijuana.

43.In 2003, Canada became the first country in the world to offer medical marijuana to pain-suffering patients.....

44.A typical joint contains between 0.5 and 1.0 gram of cannabis plant matter, which varies in THC content between 5 and 150 milligrams. ....

45.According to one report, it would take 800 joints to kill a person but the cause of death would be carbon monoxide poisoning.

46.marijuana can stay in the body for weeks after use-....

47.It can become addictive.

48.More than 400,000 Americans die from diseases related to cigarette smoking each year. ....

48.Its first recorded use for medicinal purposes was 2727B.C.

49.Paraguay is believed to be the world's largest producer of marijuana.

50.Skunk is also botanical specie of cannabis sativa good for reducing pain.

So if you like to roll up,smóke,puff and pass,always remember an abuse of Marijuana is also self destructive.

Don't abuse it ,better still stay drug-free !

*Cannabis Facts*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by calobinna(m): 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
This is lovely... thanks for the insight!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by ClintBackwood: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
I have a very stressful job, so I very often use cannabis in order to relieve stress after it. I think that you can’t save on this, so I try to use only trusted sites to order goods. But today I want to share with you a site https://dispenserdicannabis.com/ where you can buy excellent products at competitive prices. And I am sure that you will appreciate this store because it has a really good selection of goods and also very good own products.
Re: Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by AshleyJohnson13: 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
For me, the surprising fact about cannabis was that very useful components can be obtained from it, which are now used in the manufacture of various food and not only supplements. Did you know about Delta 8 THC? I think this is a great supplement. In addition to improving the quality of sleep, I also feel a slight buzz, and it has a great effect on my mental condition.
Re: Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by Brutervrot: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yes, the good thing about medical marijuana products is the dispensaries at https://askgrowers.com/dispensaries/california/santa-cruz/chai-cannabis-co have a good range and if you are from Santa Cruz California then you should definitely know it, I often buy cannabis there to relieve muscle tension after strength training, for me it is the best way to relax.
Re: Amazing Facts About Cannabis Sativa ! The Green pot . by NikolaValenti: 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Cannabis products are gaining tremendous popularity, and I like to take them to improve my health. I recently came across a good online store called Highvendor, which features the most interesting varieties. One of my favorites is sherblato. It is a sativa which has high levels of THC. This variety is provided on the website for an adequate price.

(1) (Reply)

Shaving Stick Or Clipper / Trying To Convince: Improve Your Fertility with our 100% natural fertility drugs / How I Survived Corona Virus And the Therapy that helped me to Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.