Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,358 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22530 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
sometime last week, I got into a discussion with a male friend of mine and the subject of discussion was that gone are the days when women sit at home to cater for children....These days, its a collective effort...now, that got me thinking if the financial responsibility at the home front is now shared...what happens to the domestic responsibilities....cos I know men who still insist their wife do their laundry and sum chores all in the name of being the man of the house...

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by KINGwax(m): 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
U're nt evn married yet and u're already lookin for ways to share house chores. i got an idea: why not jes draw up a rota? U might include d name of dt ur fiance's husband who stopped callin u 'aunty bisola'!!!
It might b a nice way to retaliate.
It's obvious, u're gonna make a very bad wife!!!

30 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 06, 2013
I take it you were both going to work BEFORE living in the same house.
How were you keeping things together before then? Do it the same way, only this time, y'all have an extra pair of hands... Each other.

You both work. If you are tired when you get back, he/she also is. No one is superman/superwoman. You are both flesh and bone, so do onto him/her as you would have him/her do onto you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2013
A man provides for the home, while the woman takes care of the home. No matter how much a woman earns, she can never be the one to pay the children's school fees right from day 1 in nursery school till her last day in the university. OP, na ur mama train u, where ur papa still de the house?

Like KINGwax said, u sound like u are going to be a bad wife, even tho u're not yet married

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 06, 2013
lrguru: A man provides for the home, while the woman takes care of the home. No matter how much a woman earns, she can never be the one to pay the children's school fees right from day 1. OP, na ur mama train u, where ur papa still de the house?

Like KINGwax said, u sound like u are going to be a bad wife, even tho u're not yet married

This is Nigerian thinking. You better hope you STAY in Nigerian then and not leave.
That is why Nigerian homes breakup here, unless you don't want her to work. But if she has to work, do ALL that, and sex you on top in this part of the world....You suppose pity am naw.

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2013
2buff:

This is Nigerian thinking. You better hope you STAY in Nigerian then and not leave.
That is why Nigerian homes breakup here, unless you don't want her to work. But if she has to work, do ALL that, and sex you on top in this part of the world....You suppose pity am naw.

bro u got it all twisted, i am not against a woman workin, nor been independent, but providing for the home is my responsibility. She may assist if she wants, but hey! I ghasto provide for my home and protect my family, thats y i work so hard

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 12:47am On Feb 06, 2013
@ Kingwax...ur jst sum annoyin nd disgustin piece of trash who's needs to b noticed...nd yes, u r noticed so parkwell. Nd ur supporter, well av not yet noticed u o...buh I tink ur followin a saddist...chk out his responses...he rily sound like a saddist. Now, to d issue at hand, I have a very caring husband who knos we both work n so knos well dat I nid d help. Wat I dnt get is, if u actually love a woman like u claim to, y allow n watch er crush unda d stress of housechores in d name of bein d head of d family....wats rong in helping er out on sum of dem Forget foreign n africa culture....we r al human...little wonda sum women looks like trash in 2yrs of marriage...is it easy ni? To takia of children, d home, d kitchen nd den a grown up man....I love ma man...God bless u for me....I dnt pray a memba of ma family fall victim of a man like kingmax...nd am so suo d idiot is an igbo man...dey c their wives as properties anyway....if u aint..den I tink u deserve an xplanatn frm ur mom...cos dat blood flows in u

14 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 06, 2013
busolayemi: @ Kingwax...ur jst sum annoyin nd disgustin piece of trash who's needs to b noticed...nd yes, u r noticed so parkwell. Nd ur supporter, well av not yet noticed u o...buh I tink ur followin a saddist...chk out his responses...he rily sound like a saddist. Now, to d issue at hand, I have a very caring husband who knos we both work n so knos well dat I nid d help. Wat I dnt get is, if u actually love a woman like u claim to, y allow n watch er crush unda d stress of housechores in d name of bein d head of d family....wats rong in helping er out on sum of dem Forget foreign n africa culture....we r al human...little wonda sum women looks like trash in 2yrs of marriage...is it easy ni? To takia of children, d home, d kitchen nd den a grown up man....I love ma man...God bless u for me....I dnt pray a memba of ma family fall victim of a man like kingmax...nd am so suo d idiot is an igbo man...dey c their wives as properties anyway....if u aint..den I tink u deserve an xplanatn frm ur mom...cos dat blood flows in u

Jeez! easy naaaaa....... abeg, i no reach dis level
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 1:30am On Feb 06, 2013
alutacontinua:

no, dis guy needs to b put in his place...sum idiots
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 06, 2013
busolayemi: no, dis guy needs to b put in his place...sum idiots

how about u try to ignore him if u cannot stand him instead of those words up there, if he cums online nd sees that nd decides to drop his own, uknow dt's anoda journey to some e-bullies and e-fights.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 1:54am On Feb 06, 2013
alutacontinua:

how about u try to ignore him if u cannot stand him instead of those words up there, if he cums online nd sees that nd decides to drop his own, uknow dt's anoda journey to some e-bullies and e-fights.
wil c to dat...not jst d typ ni o...an eye for an eye tinz....buh d ignorin concept myt work...tanx thoe
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by KINGwax(m): 8:03am On Feb 06, 2013
lrguru:

bro u got it all twisted, i am not against a woman workin, nor been independent, but providing for the home is my responsibility. She may assist if she wants, but hey! I ghasto provide for my home and protect my family, thats y i work so hard
tell them!!
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by KINGwax(m): 8:07am On Feb 06, 2013
alutacontinua:

u knw, i av all d fun i could, u might get serious and die real quick. Wen i start to care, i'll inform u!!
I bet ur grave won't even take six feet!!!
I am KINGwax™, I am COLOSSUS, I am the HOOD©

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by KINGwax(m): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2013
busolayemi: @ Kingwax...ur jst sum annoyin nd disgustin piece of trash who's needs to b noticed...nd yes, u r noticed so parkwell. Nd ur supporter, well av not yet noticed u o...buh I tink ur followin a saddist...chk out his responses...he rily sound like a saddist. Now, to d issue at hand, I have a very caring husband who knos we both work n so knos well dat I nid d help. Wat I dnt get is, if u actually love a woman like u claim to, y allow n watch er crush unda d stress of housechores in d name of bein d head of d family....wats rong in helping er out on sum of dem Forget foreign n africa culture....we r al human...little wonda sum women looks like trash in 2yrs of marriage...is it easy ni? To takia of children, d home, d kitchen nd den a grown up man....I love ma man...God bless u for me....I dnt pray a memba of ma family fall victim of a man like kingmax...nd am so suo d idiot is an igbo man...dey c their wives as properties anyway....if u aint..den I tink u deserve an xplanatn frm ur mom...cos dat blood flows in u
hehehehe, i said it, a bad wife.. Imagine the sterotyping agaisnt the igbo ppl!!! FIY, i'm a yoruba, and girls like u are better avoided!!
Listen. U fool:
I got ppl i love to nip on, like mynd, sexkillz etc, but biliv wax, it's all for fun, nothing serious. But u, from day one is one hell of a rotten animal i detest!! And my rants against u are sooo real.
i repeat, u'll make a bad wife. And ur mother in-law is in some real deep shitt accepting an animal into thier family. I knw dt by d way u jes told me i need an explanation from my MOM!!
I respect other people's mom and in all my yrs of carefree comments, i dnt insult anyone's parent.
As a yoruba, u jes laid a bad example as a racist!!! And it's ur type dt's aborted all their children durin high school!!!
Listen, hold ur fort, u're a bimbo!!!

25 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by BlackPeni5: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2013
Shebi it was the babes that were clamouring for gender equality...You don see responsibility now you wan run.

Men are like lions while the women are the lionesses. Remember its the lioness that hunts, feeds the cubs, etc.

Lions are just there grooving...

Hope that answers your question

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2013
He works, I works.
He pays, I pay ( house, food, bills. )
I buy my own beauty-things with my own money, he buys whatever he needs with his money.
I clean, he clean.
I cook, he cook.
I get up with the kid in the night, so does he. ( After breastfeeding stopped.. )

And for me, that is how I want it. I do not wish to go to my husband and ask for money for clothes, shoes, or a coffee for that matter. And I do not wish to put the whole responsibility for bills on him either.

14 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
JallowBah: He works, I works.
I buy my own beauty-things with my own money, he buys whatever he needs with his money.
I clean, he clean.
I cook, he cook.
I get up with the kid in the night, so does he. ( After breastfeeding stopped.. )Pls tel em its 22nd century...it used to b a man's world...not anymore. If I am sharin ur responsibilty to make us a beta family, den u shd b sharing mine with me...its only normal....nd I wudnt blame sum guys if dey feel its abnormal...I guess it all boils down to d way u c ur wife...

And for me, that is how I want it. I do not wish to go to my husband and ask for money for clothes, shoes, or a coffee for that matter. And I do not wish to put the whole responsibility for bills on him either.
pls tel em we r in d 22nd century...i

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=busolayemi]pls tel em we r in d 22nd century...if I am sharing ur responsibility to make tins beta at home den u shd b sharing mine...its onli normal...if anyone tinks its not, den it al boils down to d way u see ur wife buh I tink a wife is a helpmate...not to carry d whole burden

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 4:53am On Feb 07, 2013
I clean, he clean.
I cook, he cook.
I get up with the kid in the night, so does he. ( After breastfeeding stopped.. )

Very shallow thinking... how old are you?

10 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2013
12 inches!:

Very shallow thinking... how old are you?

Where is the shallow thinking there?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bendazum: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2013

You seem to be the type that wants to bully her husband.WTF?!What insolence.This women emancipation has entered your brain.Your kind. marries A WEAKLING of a male they bully around.If you marry an African man, you bought it!

As for me I wouldn't mind helping my woman in the house but definitely not your kind. You take it like it's your right!
Even one girl vomited trash by saying that her man will be cooking for her.

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by thorpido(m): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
I clean, he clean.
I cook, he cook.

I would do all these for my wife but I'm not sure I'll marry a woman who talks like this.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
bendazum:

You seem to be the type that wants to bully her husband.WTF?!What insolence.This women emancipation has entered your brain.Your kind. marries A WEAKLING of a male they bully around.If you marry an African man, you bought it!

As for me I wouldn't mind helping my woman in the house but definitely not your kind. You take it like it's your right!
Even one girl vomited trash by saying that her man will be cooking for her.
gone r dose days wen I av tym for responses on nairaland...buh u c madea, forget bou women emancipation...I tink its only normal a man helps his wife...its not jst bou gender equality buh mayb ma background...I av such a lovin dad who wudnt allow ma mum ovastress hersef...dats minus d fact dat a bigger chunk of d financial stress is on him. For instance, he doesn't allow ma mum wake up at nyt to care for d baby as long has d baby's weaned...most nyt, I wake up nd see him in d livin room, carryin d baby on his chest or his neck...jst to lessen d stress for mummy...nd I can't rememba eva seein dem argue talkless fight...so u c, if u feel am talkin cos of waeva ur reasons, den u nid to get to sum homes...I dnt tink it remove anytin frm a man to help his wife out...yes, d wife shdnt take advantage of dat buh at d same tym...men shd learn to help more....wat do u say of men dat can't even cook...if their wife isn't dere, dey turn to mama bash n eateries...I dnt get african men...so complicated...God bless ma hubby thoe...he's a blessin to me*kissesdearie*

8 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bendazum: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
thorpido: I would do all these for my wife but I'm not sure I'll marry a woman who talks like this.

It's not their fault.Never start such niceties if you can't complete it with them,because dem know how to match on a man"s head.It's remains for them to give their dirty undies for their mumuish. husbands to wash.smh
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by OCTAVO: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
thorpido: I would do all these for my wife but I'm not sure I'll marry a woman who talks like this.

Who talks like what? Saying things straight out...?

If you think I do not appriciate it, you are very wrong. Still, that way of writing how WE do it in our house, is more easy than: I am so blessed to have a husband who understand how nice it is to be equal around the house, I have a man who cooks and cleans as much as I do, he even takes the baby in the night, smoochie-moochie-overload. See what I mean?wink

And bendazum...If I can wash my husbands dirty clothes, he can wash mine. Neither of us see the problem. How will you do of your wife get terribly sick, and can`t move from the bed, and it`s coming out the mouth and the a*s? Sit down and let everything get nasty, or clean everything, and her...?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by LesbianBoy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
bendazum:

It's not their fault. Never start such niceties if you can't complete it with them,because dem know how to match on a man"s head. It's remains for them to give their dirty undies for their mumuish. husbands to wash.smh
GBAM! Guys pls take note of the highlighted part! And pls do not allow any girl here decieve you that her husband or dad 'helps out'! These are tricks LAZY GIRLS use to make we men change our mentality!

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by LesbianBoy(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2013
JallowBah:

Who talks like what? Saying things straight out...?

If you think I do not appriciate it, you are very wrong. Still, that way of writing how WE do it in our house, is more easy than: I am so blessed to have a husband who understand how nice it is to be equal around the house, I have a man who cooks and cleans as much as I do, he even takes the baby in the night, smoochie-moochie-overload. See what I mean?wink

And bendazum...If I can wash my husbands dirty clothes, he can wash mine. Neither of us see the problem. How will you do of your wife get terribly sick, and can`t move from the bed, and it`s coming out the mouth and the a*s? Sit down and let everything get nasty, or clean everything, and her...?
A househelp(preferably a sexy ekaette tongue) would do all that, not the man!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
LesbianBoy:
A househelp(preferably ekaette tongue) would do all that, not the man!

If my husband spend our money on a househelp that I never met to come and help me while I was sick instead of taking care of me himself..well, that is not what I consider a nice thing to do. At all.

And that would make me look at him as lazy as well.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by OCTAVO: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2013
JallowBah:

If my husband spend our money on a househelp that I never met to come and help me while I was sick instead of taking care of me himself..well, that is not what I consider a nice thing to do. At all.

And that would make me look at him as lazy as well.
Pointless!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 11:45pm On Feb 07, 2013
Sumtyms I wonda aw dis men cope b4 dey got married...its ppl like dem dat kip a dirty room nd patronize mama bash's stupidly prepared meal...gosh!

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by JallowBah(f): 12:11am On Feb 08, 2013
OCTAVO:
Pointless!!!

...how?

busolayemi: Sumtyms I wonda aw dis men cope b4 dey got married...its ppl like dem dat kip a dirty room nd patronize mama bash's stupidly prepared meal...gosh!

Probably getting their old mother to clean their dirty underwear, cook for them, clean for them..not good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help! / What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry? / Can I Do Court Marriage With Her? She Has A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.