Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (22548 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Osario: 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
To you all writing in pidgin. Please, if you can't write in proper English, then get out of this forum. Your expressions and spellings suck
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by loswhite(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: gone r dose days wen I av tym for responses on nairaland...buh u c madea, forget bou women emancipation...I tink its only normal a man helps his wife...its not jst bou gender equality buh mayb ma background...I av such a lovin dad who wudnt allow ma mum ovastress hersef...dats minus d fact dat a bigger chunk of d financial stress is on him. For instance, he doesn't allow ma mum wake up at nyt to care for d baby as long has d baby's weaned...most nyt, I wake up nd see him in d livin room, carryin d baby on his chest or his neck...jst to lessen d stress for mummy...nd I can't rememba eva seein dem argue talkless fight...so u c, if u feel am talkin cos of waeva ur reasons, den u nid to get to sum homes...I dnt tink it remove anytin frm a man to help his wife out...yes, d wife shdnt take advantage of dat buh at d same tym...men shd learn to help more....wat do u say of men dat can't even cook...if their wife isn't dere, dey turn to mama bash n eateries...I dnt get african men...so complicated...God bless ma hubby thoe...he's a blessin to me*kissesdearie*
wats is there to carry your own child in d middle of night n y do you hav to think dat ur father did dat because he wants to reduce stress frm ur mum pls 4 ur info men luv their kids n they won't mind bathing or dressing them but what we hate its when u start saying I will cook today n 2 Moro will be ur turn dats wat is annoying .4. Ladies if u want ur husband to help tell him politely n jokingly trust me he will gladly do more than wat u ask.
But 4 those ladies dat cums to nairaland n say I work n he works so there 4 we must share d domestic works I tink is not abt d work but more of competition which is bad 4 relationship

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by inosend: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
Black Peni5: Shebi it was the babes that were clamouring for gender equality...You don see responsibility now you wan run.
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by eikeem(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.........
The recipe of every successful marriage is not the same, and it is wrong for anybody to assume that whatever makes his/her marriage work is the best decision for other people to adopt. The reason most people are still single is because they set too many standards without considering where the other person is coming from.
Unfortunately, many ladies are in the mould of the OP - and it's really sad.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
touchmeder: We both work but i run the house generally
I cook, clean and do the whole stuff BUT he helps
I dont insist, i dont do rota, i dont do 50 50 nonsense but he just generally helps out
A good man who loves his wife will do these sort of things you dont have to insist and run all over the place screaming
He will do his bit because he cares and loves you (at least mine does)
Understanding between the couple is the key. Each to their own
you're on point....op did you reason the last phrase ?..."each to their own"...because after destroying your union you'll come here and disturb us again

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Osario: To you all writing in pidgin. Please, if you can't write in proper English, then get out of this forum. Your expressions and spellings suck
Are you an ALIEN

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Truckpusher: Then why are you coming here to influence unmarried girls that showing some bravado to their hubby will make them different from other women?.....women don't enjoy their husbands by showing gragra oh...if you want your husband licking your foot, all you've got to do is to show that weak feminine nature which is normal and natural and you'll see the man becoming a superman feeling like a king that wants to protect his priced subjects even with his life....men are just like that in nature.....no sane man will mistreat a woman that is soft, gentle, and respectful .most women that doesn't get help from their husbands are mostly women that wants equal right and all that stuff you peeps keep buying from the west because the man's natural instinct will see you as a fellow competitor he'll no longer see himself as protector hence the clashes and all that follows.
its u guys dat r makin d discusiion complicated....mayb if a guy ad cum out to speak d way ma favorite commenter spoke...d ishu wnt get dis far...buh men don't jst like women talkin bou dem sharing chores at home nd dey tentd to want to attack whoeva brings it up...na today
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by loswhite(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: u dnt av to undastand...as long as u undastand d flow of discussion...if u av sumtin contribute, do...if not f**k off
coming frm a married woman smh
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Orikinla(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: sometime last week, I got into a discussion with a male friend of mine and the subject of discussion was that gone are the days when women sit at home to cater for children....These days, its a collective effort...now, that got me thinking if the financial responsibility at the home front is now shared...what happens to the domestic responsibilities....cos I know men who still insist their wife do their laundry and sum chores all in the name of being the man of the house...

How many career women sit at home in the 21st century?
Men who assume their wives are also their housemaids belong to the 19th century.

When a married couple says lets start a family, that means both of them are going to live, love and work together in unison to have a good home. The duty of the wife as a help mate is support her husband to succeed in like and be a good husband and father of their children.

There is no golden rule that his wife must wash his clothes and iron them, except he is ill or physically disabled to do so himself.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: its u guys dat r makin d discusiion complicated....mayb if a guy ad cum out to speak d way ma favorite commenter spoke...d ishu wnt get dis far...buh men don't jst like women talkin bou dem sharing chores at home nd dey tentd to want to attack whoeva brings it up...na today
you be badt gurl grin grin grin anyway show your man love he'll always be your priced asset forever...enjoy
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Truckpusher(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Orikinla:

How many career women sit at home in the 21st century?
Men who assume their wives are also their housemaids belong to the 19th century.

When a married couple says lets start a family, that means both of them are going to live, love and work together in unison to have a good home. The duty of the wife as a help mate is support her husband to succeed in like and be a good husband and father of their children.

There is no golden rule that his wife must wash his clothes and iron them, except he is ill or physically disabled to do so himself.
Personally you can't convince me that you're a good man by sitting on chair and typing....peeps like you don't even help their women with chores abeg park well joor hold up dey road.....if I may ask , how many career women do we have in Nigeria?...a country that job opportunities is like hunting for the ghost of an abiku child....Abi this unemployment radio no reach your wavelength?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by inosend: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
Osario: To you all writing in pidgin. Please, if you can't write in proper English, then get out of this forum. Your expressions and spellings suck
Be calm brother, there is no spice in life without variety. So, take am easy.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by tellwisdom: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: pls tel em we r in d 22nd century...i
Its so amaze me when you gurls come on here seeking opinions from differnt angles on how to treat or beat your husband, shadowkeeping your real self...Listen, no amount of advises or people's opinion can equal you doing that thing first, and see the outcome. Not Living by people's word. If you are fond of slapping men, try it. If you are that lazy type, carry out that gesture with him..

If you make it, fine..if you don't, so be it...btwn, Whats with the 22nd century??

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: its u guys dat r makin d discusiion complicated....mayb if a guy ad cum out to speak d way ma favorite commenter spoke...d ishu wnt get dis far...buh men don't jst like women talkin bou dem sharing chores at home nd dey tentd to want to attack whoeva brings it up...na today
these chores make these men weak, it has been proven scientifically.in addition, they will not be able to perform their sexual obligations. i will recommend you confine him only to the heavy(manchine) work not the kitchen work angry
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by loswhite(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
hw dat one take relate to d topic English master

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by ayoade2: 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
thorpido: I would do all these for my wife but I'm not sure I'll marry a woman who talks like this.
smiley
thorpido: I would do all these for my wife but I'm not sure I'll marry a woman who talks like this.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Boss13: 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
touchmeder: We both work but i run the house generally
I cook, clean and do the whole stuff BUT he helps
I dont insist, i dont do rota, i dont do 50 50 nonsense but he just generally helps out
A good man who loves his wife will do these sort of things you dont have to insist and run all over the place screaming
He will do his bit because he cares and loves you (at least mine does)
Understanding between the couple is the key. Each to their own

A matured woman.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by MRMICKMEN: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
[quote author=busolayemi][/quote]
your husband is a fool thats if u are married at all or ever can,u sound ediotic
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by lindiwey: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Na wa for dese men in dis forum..tnk God for my husband he is nt d kind of man dt sees anytn wrong in helpn out..he dosnt knw how to cook cos of his upbringn but wen it comes to cleaning d house,washn our sons clothes,feedn n bathing him he is ever ready to help out infact its division of labor in ma house and we r very happy,we gist yle doin our chores.and I respct him a lot.dts y am seriously lookn for a job so dt we cn share d financial burden..

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by MRMICKMEN: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: favorite comment...

shut ur trap hole and listen to peeps with experience
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
LesbianBoy:
A househelp(preferably a sexy ekaette tongue) would do all that, not the man!
Do it that show how much u loved her.I use to do it too.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by busolayemi: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
Na wa for dis ma thread o....I dey laff for ere ehen...kai, nigerian men...na una biko ooooo
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
Boss13:

A matured woman.
Ur husband is like me. even now that am in relationship am doing iy already.lol
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Boss13: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
At busola, first and foremost I do not understand why you posted this comment. I was of the impression that your husband never assists you with chores. Yet again you bragged about how he does whatever you want and how appreciative you are to him for doing whatever you want. Honestly, please note that I am trying as hard not to be insulting, you sound rude. I can guess you are at the early stage of marriage. Please note that men at some point will stop tolerating some craps. I don't know how you run your home or marriage but I do know that a well brought up woman never insults a man (whether online or physically) because she is of class and the same goes to a well brought up man. But when a woman begins to drag domestic issues with men, all they will label you with is BAD WIFE. Please don't quote me, I am trying to picture you and honestly I won't marry your type based on the comments you have made on this thread. I might be wrong, I might not be wrong but it is all about perception and from your comment, you portray yourself as a bully. It so sweet when men of all type and class respect a woman when she talks.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Originalsly: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
JallowBah: He works, I works.
He pays, I pay ( house, food, bills. )
I buy my own beauty-things with my own money, he buys whatever he needs with his money.
I clean, he clean.
I cook, he cook.
I get up with the kid in the night, so does he. ( After breastfeeding stopped.. )

And for me, that is how I want it. I do not wish to go to my husband and ask for money for clothes, shoes, or a coffee for that matter. And I do not wish to put the whole responsibility for bills on him either.
Like you said that's the way you want it. So who is the head of the house? ...who has the last word?... who wears the pants?...hmmm...the trousers? Every family has a head...one head...is that you? @ topic...I do believe the man should be the provider and the woman take care of the home. Depending on where you live and circumstances it may be necessary for the woman to work. What happens if they both work and the man loses his job? Does he not do anything at home... because it should be done by a woman? I don't agree with that.I see nothing wrong in a man helping out in the home...even if they both work.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
Let me now ask:
Is it anything extraordinary for a man to join in cleaning the house he stays with the woman he claims to love?
is it anything extraordinary for a woman to join in the upkeep of the Family she built with the man she claims to love?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by GeebeeM(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
busolayemi: gone r dose days wen I av tym for responses on nairaland...buh u c madea, forget bou women emancipation...I tink its only normal a man helps his wife...its not jst bou gender equality buh mayb ma background...I av such a lovin dad who wudnt allow ma mum ovastress hersef...dats minus d fact dat a bigger chunk of d financial stress is on him. For instance, he doesn't allow ma mum wake up at nyt to care for d baby as long has d baby's weaned...most nyt, I wake up nd see him in d livin room, carryin d baby on his chest or his neck...jst to lessen d stress for mummy...nd I can't rememba eva seein dem argue talkless fight...so u c, if u feel am talkin cos of waeva ur reasons, den u nid to get to sum homes...I dnt tink it remove anytin frm a man to help his wife out...yes, d wife shdnt take advantage of dat buh at d same tym...men shd learn to help more....wat do u say of men dat can't even cook...if their wife isn't dere, dey turn to mama bash n eateries...I dnt get african men...so complicated...God bless ma hubby thoe...he's a blessin to me*kissesdearie*
A man dat truely luv his wife wud definately nt just sit & watch her do all house chores. U sound as if its a right, if he doesnt do it, he is in 4 it
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Boss13: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2013
lindiwey: Na wa for dese men in dis forum..tnk God for my husband he is nt d kind of man dt sees anytn wrong in helpn out..he dosnt knw how to cook cos of his upbringn but wen it comes to cleaning d house,washn our sons clothes,feedn n bathing him he is ever ready to help out infact its division of labor in ma house and we r very happy,we gist yle doin our chores.and I respct him a lot.dts y am seriously lookn for a job so dt we cn share d financial burden..

Linda, many married men on nairaland help their wives out domestically but they just don't come to nairaland and brag about it. I am not married, but if my wife ask me or even insist I do it I will never. However, if she jokingly tells me. I will definitely support her. There is a huge difference. The difference is - how to talk to your man. I assist some of my girlfriends wash my clothes when they are washing it. I don't assist with cooking, cos I don't know how to cook but I might be in the kitchen cracking some jokes to relieve stress or holding the paste tomatoes.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Originalsly: Like you said that's the way you want it. So who is the head of the house? ...who has the last word?... who wears the pants?...hmmm...the trousers? Every family has a head...one head...is that you? @ topic...I do believe the man should be the provider and the woman take care of the home. Depending on where you live and circumstances it may be necessary for the woman to work. What happens if they both work and the man loses his job? Does he not do anything at home... because it should be done by a woman? I don't agree with that.I see nothing wrong in a man helping out in the home...even if they both work.
And what in her post indicated that there is confusion on who the head is in their home? Does a man helping out his wife or them sharing the duties and finances in their home reduce the headship of a man?
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by Boss13: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
Geebee-M:

A man dat truely luv his wife wud definately nt just sit & watch her do all house chores. U sound as if its a right, if he doesnt do it, he is in 4 it

Thanks Geebee, that's what is annoying the men on the forum.
Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by repogirl(f): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
There really shouldnt be anything like partitioning, a true loving couple that wants their union to be solid should communicate. What works for A doesn't work for B because we all of different upbringing and beliefs. Single Ladies and guys, know your partner well before you marry, know the type of person your spouse is before marriage so you will decide whether you can cope or not. A man who loves his wife should be able to compromise and do some things for the wife while a good wife will do same for her husband. Lets all just be fair to our spouses. If unfortunately you feel your spouse is putting too much burden on you and you've said your own but nothing changes, do the best you can do and leave the rest for God, just do your own best.
And this tribal issue tat keeps coming up pisses me off. Theres nothing like yoruba men are more caring or ibo men are proud, its all about upbringing and a persons personal values.
Lets stop hating on each other abeg. I'm Yoruba, married to an ibo man who helps out when he can while my Yoruba dad is d epitome of pride and will not lift up a pin or prepare a meal to save his own life but my mom understands his kind of person and has adjusted. Me, I knew I couldnt manage with such an attitude and I tank God I'm blessed with the kind of person I wanted.He's not perfect but he does the one he can do, I do the rest. Its all about communication and understanding.
Remember a woman is just a help meet, she can only do so much to assist.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays by bukatyne(f): 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
Boss13:

Linda, many married men on nairaland help their wives out domestically but they just don't come to nairaland and brag about it. I am not married, but if my wife ask me or even insist I do it I will never. However, if she jokingly tells me. I will definitely support her. There is a huge difference. The difference is - how to talk to your man. I assist some of my girlfriends wash my clothes when they are washing it. I don't assist with cooking, cos I don't know how to cook but I might be in the kitchen cracking some jokes to relieve stress or holding the paste tomatoes.
Boss, Some couples have bonded so well that the man/woman doesn't need to tell the other what to do. They see their partner working/spending and automatically know when to come in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.