Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? (5823 Views)

A Lady Using An Electric Iron To 'Straighten' Her Hair / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) / Naturals, how often do you straighten (flat-iron) your hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Shinatu: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
Dear Ladies,

The only relaxer that has been able to straighten my very coarse hair is Gentle Treatment No lye super strength but
I end up with dry and brittle hair, I found out that lye relaxers do not dry out hair as much and would like to know if there is a lye relaxer that can handle very coarse and resistant hair.

Thank you.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by OmoKhary(f): 1:52am On Feb 07, 2013
Mega growth
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 07, 2013
Why not go for profective relaxers. They also have good product, deep in conditionin,hair repair treatment. Regularly use a hair conditioner with your shampoo''Profective''. Your hair will thank you for that. Dnt 4get to add little amount of oil.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Shinatu: 10:45am On Feb 07, 2013
xx
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Shinatu: 10:45am On Feb 07, 2013
Thanks, Omokhary, is mega growth 'Lye'?
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Shinatu: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2013
Checked out the Profective Mega growth, it's No Lye. Thanks anyway.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by OmoKhary(f): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
Shinatu: Thanks, Omokhary, is mega growth 'Lye'?
non-lye
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by razznaija(f): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
If I were you, i would run as fast as i can from any product that contains lye, i don't have time to explain the harmful effects of lye on hair, skin etc. Just don't use it.
If you're having problems with dry and brittle hair, look for a good hair creme that moisturizes your hair really well.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by uzoo: 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2013
i must say that the Profective kit is quite good especially for dry coarse hair,

and my dear , you better run like razznaija said from any product with lye.they will not only damage your hair , your scalp/skin will hurt badly.

for dry hair , try applying a conditioner just before you go to bed(leave in conditioner).
then apply the one you rinse out just before you wash your hair , then after washing your too.

your hair just needs moisture to stop the dryness, so try to wash and apply conditioner to your hair at least once or twice a week .

if you sleep in an air conditioned room all night and day, then you must apply a conditioner every other night. the Airconditioner drys out the hair .

Another thing is to get one of those steam caps and steam your hair twice a month.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by Shinatu: 7:54am On Feb 11, 2013
Thanks all, will try out the tips on moisturising hair, Sodium Hydroxide (lye) may hurt your scalp, but Calcium hydroxide which is often regarded as 'no lye' drys the hair out more and it also leaves residue that one would need a clearifying shampoo to remove.
Re: Lye Relaxer That Can Straighten Verrry Coarse Hair? by queenesthr(f): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lye relaxers are harsh on the scalp but gentle on the hair

No Lye relaxers are harsh on the hair but gentle on the scalp.

So ladies, choose your choice! Your scalp or your hair.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Ankara Long Gown Styles 2020: Most Popular Ankara Styles / Lace Front Wigs And Human Hair Saga! / Checkout Our Creative Male Outfits Made In Nigeria by Curtisbone Tailors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.