Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) (7916 Views)

Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 07, 2013
Glo finally shakes body and is tied with Airtel at first position. Etisalat and MTN are also tied at third.

1) Glo G-BAM HI 5ive 18k/sec to all networks,N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *100*5*1*#)
1) Airtel 2good classic 18k/sec to all networks, N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *422#)
3) Etisalat EasyLife 3.0 20k/sec to all networks N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *420*1#)
3) MTN SmoothTalk 20k/sec to all networks, N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *401# )

Glo http://www.gloworld.com/gbam.asp
Airtel http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/Nigeria/Personal/2_good_classic/
Etisalat http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easylife3.php
MTN http://mtnonline.com/products-services/mtn-packages/smoothtalk/tariffs

***Moderator Front Page!!!

More still on Glo G-BAM HI 5ive you can call 5 special numbers at only 5 kobo per second..ie: that's N3 a minute. Great for your girlfriend...wife...significant other...or your work colleagues!!!

*To register special numbers dial *101*1*MSISDN# for each number and when asked for the confirmation Press 1

*To modify special numbers dial *101*2*Existing Special No*New Special No#
OR Dial 125 and follow the voice prompt (You might want to record the call so you can catch all the numbers as it costs N20 per call to dial 125)

*TO DELETE REGISTERED SPECIAL NUMBERS Dial *101*3*Mobile Number#

*First time registration of special numbers is free. On subsequent change, N100 will be charged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Gerardcole(m): 6:06am On Feb 07, 2013
Not a fan of Glo. But Bharti All the way.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by chineduace(m): 7:04am On Feb 07, 2013
This post is very important because when Mobile Number Portability starts, it will be difficult to know which network you are calling. However about 90% of call i make are MTN so i'm stuck with Super Saver:10k/s on-net and 30k/s off net which is not bad. 9.9% is glo so i use GBAM HI5 on my second phone.
0.1% is for other networks, i'm not too bothered about them. The truth of the matter is that there is no best tariff, just study the tariff pattern and choose what's best for you.

1 Like

Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by asudan: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2013
trae_z: Glo finally shakes body and is tied with Airtel at first position. Etisalat and MTN are also tied at third.

1) Glo G-BAM HI 5ive 18k/sec to all networks,N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *100*5*1*#)
1) Airtel 2good classic 18k/sec to all networks, N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *422#)
3) Etisalat EasyLife 3.0 20k/sec to all networks N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *420*1#)
3) MTN SmoothTalk 20k/sec to all networks, N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *401# )

Glo http://www.gloworld.com/gbam.asp
Airtel http://www.africa.airtel.com/wps/wcm/connect/africaairtel/Nigeria/Personal/2_good_classic/
Etisalat http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easylife3.php
MTN http://mtnonline.com/products-services/mtn-packages/smoothtalk/tariffs

***Moderator Front Page!!!

More still on Glo G-BAM HI 5ive you can call 5 special numbers at only 5 kobo per second..ie: that's N3 a minute. Great for your girlfriend...wife...significant other...or your work colleagues!!!

what of N4 sms to all networks cos as at today(7/2/2013),only airtel and glo has implemented it while mtn and etisalat are yet to follow suit.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by puskin: 10:57am On Feb 07, 2013
Which one is part 2. I don't understand.
Can't you just continue the discussion on your previous thread.

Jeeeez.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Hotdiamond(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
personally. I surf the internet a lot with my phone with my airtel SIM. When ever you subscribe to a data plan you are automatically given a flat rate OF 18k per second to call any network as long as you are on the airtel 2Good tariff. No access charges. I think Its the cheapest call tariff available.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by nellaluv(f): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
asudan:
what of N4 sms to all networks cos as at today(7/2/2013),only airtel and glo has implemented it while mtn and etisalat are yet to follow suit.

Says who, etisalat charged me 2.00 for an sms to mtn network.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by babarazy: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
trae_z
:

MTN SmoothTalk 20k/sec to all networks, N5 daily access charge. (to migrate dial *401# )
bros am currently on this smoothTalk shi.t and am charges at 30k to other networks.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 08, 2013
babarazy: bros am currently on this smoothTalk shi.t and am charges at 30k to other networks.

that's cos your account was not funded and so you missed out on a day's N5 access charge. There's a USSD number to dial to be charged and reactivate yourself, can't quite remember now, click on the MTN link and check. Though normally you're adviced to renew subscription always.
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2013
to me Gbam is still the best.
1. You call network from the very first min for 18k
2. 5 f&f nos @5k i cant imaging making 10min call for only #30
3. Free 5mb daily! I dont need to subscribe to data plan anymore cos it amount to 150mb per month.

2 Likes

Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 22, 2013
eliment: to me Gbam is still the best.
1. You call network from the very first min for 18k
2. 5 f&f nos @5k i cant imaging making 10min call for only #30
3. Free 5mb daily! I dont need to subscribe to data plan anymore cos it amount to 150mb per month.

True, but this "sorry, your call cannot be completed at the moment" response 9 times out of 10 when you dial a number is really getting annoying these days. Yesterday i had to initiate 99% of my calls through my airtel. Made me hate Glo. :-(
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2013
trae_z:

True, but this "sorry, your call cannot be completed at the moment" response 9 times out of 10 when you dial a number is really getting annoying these days. Yesterday i had to initiate 99% of my calls through my airtel. Made me hate Glo. :-(
that is very true but they have been quite ok in my area for some weeks now it is rather mtn that is giving me some ntwrk problem
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by bblacky(f): 12:47am On Mar 22, 2013
chineduace: This post is very important because when Mobile Number Portability starts, it will be difficult to know which network you are calling. However about 90% of call i make are MTN so i'm stuck with Super Saver:10k/s on-net and 30k/s off net which is not bad. 9.9% is glo so i use GBAM HI5 on my second phone.
0.1% is for other networks, i'm not too bothered about them. The truth of the matter is that there is no best tariff, just study the tariff pattern and choose what's best for you.

And wats d code 4 mtn super saver pls?
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Mustay(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
chineduace: This post is very important because when Mobile Number Portability starts, it will be difficult to know which network you are calling.

Valid point but I do notice that except foe caller tunes, there are different ways 'ring ring' sounds on various networks.

Airtel has the classiest.

MTN sounds like a truck "phun phun"

Glo sounds like a long horn "phuuuuuuuuun"

Etisalat is the worst, sometimes if you don't put it on speaker, you may not even know it's ringing. wink
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by scaihai: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2013
Well, you can also compare their data plans on http://www.naija-passion.com/apps/best-internet-data-plan/
For example:
- based on plans with best value
- or based on plans not more than a certain amount etc.

just choose what your criteria is and you'll see the results automatically
really useful grin grin
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Mustay(m): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2013
scaihai: Well, you can also compare their data plans on http://www.naija-passion.com/apps/best_internet_data_plan/index.jsp
For example:
- based on plans with best value
- or based on plans not more than a certain amount etc.

just choose what your criteria is and you'll see the results automatically
really useful grin grin

I love this data analysis even though the rating is based on your defined criteria. Good job if you're one of the guys at the site - endeavor to do more of such analyses. Thank you.

PS: the data allowance column - an extra column can be created to show an approx e.g. 4500mb = 4.5GB
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yeah great work scaihai. The MTN 3gig for N2,500 (Now upgraded to 4gig i guess) data plan was extremely good to me back in the day when i was broke, down and out. Enables me do the prep work that's keeping me alive today.

Muchas gracias!
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by ZAYNUL(m): 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Mustay:

I love this data analysis even though the rating is based on your defined criteria. Good job if you're one of the guys at the site - endeavor to do more of such analyses. Thank you.

PS: the data allowance column - an extra column can be created to show an approx e.g. 4500mb = 4.5GB
Mustay:

Mustay:

Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by ZAYNUL(m): 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
ZAYNUL: [color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Compare Current Call Tarriffs. Airtel, Etisalat, MTN, Glo (part 2) by ZAYNUL(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2013
ZAYNUL: [/quote]
ZAYNUL:
[quote author=ZAYNUL]
[color=#550000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

6 Best HD Games For Android / Lenovo K5 Pro Review / Latest OS 9900 V7.1.0.2061 / 7.1.0.714 (multilanguage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.