Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN (44576 Views)

Nigeria's Igbo Jews: 'lost Tribe' Of Israel - CNN / Breaking! Igbo Jews To Organize Rally In Support Of Israel War In Gaza / The Problem Of Igbo Jews And History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by noblejazz(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2013
Since i was born as an igbo man, i have always know and confirmed that the ancestral land and people of indigbo originated from NRI and not ERI as mentioned in this write up....and whenever you come across that village in Anambra you will experience a quietude and they have a sign post that is written NRI the ancestral land of NDIGBO. So please the writer should make a correct with his facts and come back on to tell us more about us
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Ejine(m): 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2013
ROSSIKE: You are an ignoramus. It is you who has an inferiority complex. Anti learning, anti history, anti intellectual dunce. Despite efforts made to teach you that blacks once populated north Africa and the middle east in huge numbers, and that there were southward migrations en masse following invasions, all that just goes straight over your head, because as an inferior feeling person, you cannot imagine that blacks could have been anywhere else but where they are presently. It is you who feels inferior by limiting the historical possibilities of the African journey to your hamlet.

Mr Man, stop screaming like a banshee and stop ranting like a motor park thug, you tactless, illbred idiiot.
I initially had a few doubts you were a complete mooroon, but if your crass and tactless bellows on this thread are anything to go by, those doubts are definitely gone.

You talk about blacks once populating North Africa or whatever you call it? That must be the blacks of your stock but definitely not of mine, so you might as well shove your pseudo-intellectual, revisionist clap-trap straight down your gaping asss.

People like you are a disgrace, and you reek of inferiority and very low self esteem. This becomes even more evident when you can't throw your arguments without throwing insults and howling with rage like a truck driver.

Since your low self esteem has eaten you up that badly, why don't you quickly pack your rags, move to Israel, tell them about your 'historical facts' and we'll see if they'll waste any time before castrating you with a pruning knife.
Keep tagging Israel to boost your low self esteem. I guess that'll make your useless life seem a little more worthwhile.

But curse my name and loathe my existence, AFRICA IS WHERE IT BEGAN!
If it offends you, go and die cool

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by willsman(m): 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
Igbos are Israelite in nature and there's nothing like lost tribe of Jews. Jews are located world wide.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Malawian(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
if i may ask, why do the rest of these bloody najerians border themselves with whether we are jews or not? believe me, if the white man totally stays out of it, you guys cant stand us at all. focus on your "queen of sheeba" sikiratu sidondo and leave the children of Gad alone. ma fo ori somebody here o.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Malawian: if i may ask, why do the rest of these bloody najerians border themselves with whether we are jews or not? believe me, if the white man totally stays out of it, you guys cant stand us at all. focus on your "queen of sheeba" sikiratu sidondo and leave the children of Gad alone. ma fo ori somebody here o.
They border about it because that is a lie Igbo people always say. It is right time they should be educated on their failure. You Keep talking about stand-off while the world progresses leaving you behind in your barbaric thoughts.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by AnanseK(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
Malawian: if i may ask, why do the rest of these bloody najerians border themselves with whether we are jews or not? believe me, if the white man totally stays out of it, you guys cant stand us at all. focus on your "queen of sheeba" sikiratu sidondo and leave the children of Gad alone. ma fo ori somebody here o.

Split personality into how many bits? Today you are Jewish , yesterday you were Biafran, weeks back you were Nigerian , sometime you are Malawian. What I noticed is that you are a drunk.
You will soon be Congolese and Rwandan!.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Abagworo(m): 11:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
AnanseK:

Split personality into how many bits? Today you are Jewish , yesterday you were Biafran, weeks back you were Nigerian , sometime you are Malawian. What I noticed is that you are a drunk.

You guys refuse to note the fact that most Igbos believe the world started from Igboland and are focusing on the few that believe in jewish affiliation. Thats bigotry on its own.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Igbogadi(m): 12:21am On Feb 09, 2013
all4naija: Those Igbo individuals who are claiming to be Jews(as per origin) are surely people battling with identity problem. They need help and information to let them understand they are not Jews as thought.

If I may ask what are they?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Igbogadi(m): 1:00am On Feb 09, 2013
AnanseK:

I don’t see anything wrong people knowing there root and as far as I know is not a crime neither. Bible said my people parish because of lack of knowledge, our people are parish because they don’t know who there are.
Some of us just argue just for the sake of argument, some of them haven’t even bother to research to find out if is true.
Some people think is because they wanted to migrate to Israel that is the reason they are claim to be Hebrews or Jews. Here is the fact before the state of Israel was created in 1947, Ibos were already talking they are from Israel e.g “We know since at least 1789 CE that Jews have been interested in the possible Igbo-Israel connection when a former Igbo slave named Olauda Equiano, living in London first proposed the Igbo-Israel relationship in his autobiography. Some Igbos, including a Dr. Ikedife recalls Israelis visiting Igboland and investigating such claims during the Biafran War.”
Prophecy states:
Jer. 16:14-16 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. “In 1917 the British discovered, about 500 ft below the soil on the palace grounds a solid bronze Star of David indicating the Igbo people may have migrated from the ancient city of David. To commemorate this event, Nigerian kobo coins were minted with a Star of David on it.”

Folks there must be some element of the truth here.

The Ibos or Igbos/Egbos of Nigeria, including most of the non-Igbo-language-speaking Ibos of the former Ibo nation of Eastern Nigeria, which comprised Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, parts of Bayelsa and Delta (South East and South South Nigeria), as well as the Egbas (Egbos) of Yorubaland, some Igalas and Idomas are Ebionite Essenes/Mandeans mainly of the lost tribes of Gad and Dan, etc., exiled from Israel during the biblical era of the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek and Roman conquests of Israel.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 09, 2013
Igbo gadi:

If I may ask what are they?
Sorry to say, they are Nigerians. Humans with flesh grin grin grin.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 2:40am On Feb 09, 2013
King Solomon said in the proverbs that "Love covers All Offenses" (Proverbs:10:12), I believe it can do much more, I believe that genuine Love can "Conquer" All offenses, for the Torah which was given to us via the right hand of HaShem (Deuteronomy:33:2), symbolizing Loving-kindness & mercy, is also symbolized by a Sword, for Mount Horeb, which in Hebrew is actually Mount Koreb הר חרב, is the Hebrew word for Sword חרב. Fire reduces all elements to Ash, leaving no trace of their elemental base and the Sword pierces the Heart, ending life itself. So it is then that the Torah which is symbolized by Fire and a Sword has the ability to totally annihilate the יצר הרע Evil Inclination and thereby restore Man to his original Estate in the Garden of Eden. This is why the Torah records that G-d placed an Ever-turning-Fiery-Sword at the Entrance of Gan Eden to guard the way to the "Tree of Life" (Torah)!

עבדיאל בן לןי
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 2:50am On Feb 09, 2013
[b]Here is something to meditate on: In the Original language of the Bible (Classical Hebrew), there is no word for "Chance"! In modern Hebrew however, there has developed a word to acqiesce the modern world's "need" for a conceptual "scape-goat" for their problems, consciously choosing Not to accept fault for the fruit of their deeds, this word is מקרה Mik'ra CHANCE! Mik'ra however comes from the Hebrew word קרא ka'ra which means: He called, which entails that All things are Spoken into Existence before it happens by G-d Almighty! Thus even in Hebraic thought, what is conceived as CHANCE by Heathens who Know Not G-d, is conceived of as DIVINE Providence by those who Know G-d, for the essence of Biblical thought is that G-d is the Cause of All Causes and Nothing exists unless He continually Wills it to exist, therefore, what is deemed CHANCE מקרה is actually A Divine Pronouncement קרא of G-d! So Give G-d the Glory due His name, for in His Hand is the Essence of Life and that which issues from it!

G-d is in control,our source for all things[/b]

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Igbogadi(m): 6:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Moderator why did you hide my comment? Is there any abuse comment? Can you please release my comment.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Malawian(m): 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
AnanseK:

this flat headed Ghanian wannabe Yoruba man is here. i miss the old nairaland a lot. i for don deal with you by now nah.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by ridgeman: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Simple DNA test would resolve all this.truth is Jews are found in many African countries so it's hardly surprising that Nigeria would also have Jews... I believe I read(can't locate the source so don't fry me) somewhere that there is a small northern Nigerian tribe that also has Jewish roots... To our Jewish Igbo brothers I say Shalom may it be well with you...

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2013
Ejiné:

Mr Man, stop screaming like a banshee and stop ranting like a motor park thug, you tactless, illbred idiiot.
I initially had a few doubts you were a complete mooroon, but if your crass and tactless bellows on this thread are anything to go by, those doubts are definitely gone.

I'll just put this down to your drug abuse.

You talk about blacks once populating North Africa or whatever you call it? That must be the blacks of your stock but definitely not of mine, so you might as well shove your pseudo-intellectual, revisionist clap-trap straight down your gaping asss.

What ''stock''?

''Must''? Why ''must'' it be my own 'stock' of blacks? Again, what research have you done to back your assertion?

I'll answer for you: Zero.

People like you are a disgrace

Disgrace? It is disgraceful to come on here, with ZERO RESEARCH and shouting like a tout. That's a disgrace. Shame you're too much of a drunken dunce to see it.

and you reek of inferiority and very low self esteem.

Do the western researchers who also see African/Jewish connections also suffer low self esteem? You do realise many of us are echoing their research in addition to ours? How do you account for their findings many of which have been posted here? What research have you provided to contest ANY findings posted here? Zero.

If you cannot get yourself to drop some research findings here, then you're an illiterate in the subject, and shouldn't be here taking up bandwith.

This becomes even more evident when you can't throw your arguments without throwing insults and howling with rage like a truck driver.

You deserve every insult for being a loud-mouthed moro.n. I should say you deserve worse.

Since your low self esteem has eaten you up that badly, why don't you quickly pack your rags, move to Israel, tell them about your 'historical facts' and we'll see if they'll waste any time before castrating you with a pruning knife.

This statement clearly shows it is YOU who suffers low self esteem and inferiority complex. You think the truism of Igbo Jewish connections is dependent on modern white Israelis accepting the idea. It isn't.

Oh, and neither is the idea to ''move to Israel'' any more than the white Americans are required to ''move to Europe'' for discovering their ancestors once lived there.

But curse my name and loathe my existence, AFRICA IS WHERE IT BEGAN!
If it offends you, go and die cool

More historical illiteracy. How does the fact that Africa is where it all began negate anything being discussed here?

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by naijaking1: 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
Jews are Igbos, not the other way round.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
naijaking1: Jews are Igbos, not the other way round.

'Igbo' and 'Hebrew' seem to be different ways of saying the same word.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by naijaking1: 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
Rossikk:

'Igbo' and 'Hebrew' seem to be different ways of saying the same word.

Jews are Hebrews, Igbos
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
naijaking1:

Jews are Hebrews, Igbos
This was why I said initially to someone that Igbos were the fathers of the Jews not the 'children'. Many here seem to think that Igbos need to be ''accepted'' by modern Israelis for the 'claim' to be true. But it's actually the other way round. Igbos need to accept that the Israelis are their children or cousins from thousands of years back. And i don't mean all modern Israelis - just those with actual roots in the place.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
Rossikk:
This was why I said initially to someone that Igbos were the fathers of the Jews not the 'children'. Many here seem to think that Igbos need to be ''accepted'' by modern Israelis for the 'claim' to be true. But it's actually the other way round. Igbos need to accept that the Israelis are their children or cousins from thousands of years back. And i don't mean all modern Israelis - just those with actual roots in the place.
I don't quite understand your handle. Sometimes it say ROSSIKE and another time ROSSIKE. Can you explain the reason why?

At the meantime, kindly prove how Igbo people become the father of Israel. Most of you claimed here before you are Jews. Now you are bringing in another thing.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by RemyIlona: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
Friends we should for once prove those that denigrate us wrong. They said that secrets could be kept from the dark-skinned man if they are written down. Lets prove to them that they are wrong. Lets read the available texts on this subject: the Igbos' Hebrew ancestry!I recommend the book that the following link leads to-

http://www.amazon.com/The-Igbos-Israel-Inter-cultural-ebook/dp/B008N2VHBI
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2013

Deluded flat headed zombie is back grin grin I'm not surprised at your stupeed comment since you major in mumulogy. children of Gad indeed! poor souls it must be really hard for you guys trying to trace your history, gridlock in your quest to trace your jewish ancestry.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Malawian(m): 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
inufele2:

Deluded flat headed zombie is back grin grin I'm not surprised at your stupeed comment since you major in mumulogy. children of Gad indeed! poor souls it must be really hard for you guys trying to trace your history, gridlock in your quest to trace your jewish ancestry.
i miss the old nairaland. mukina had taken the winds off my sail by her two weeks total nairaland ban. i know you will be the first to go and tell your mukina mummy for me.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Didi8: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2013
I heard Ibos are no longer Jews. They are now Chinese. hohoho...I dey laugh-o.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 10, 2013
inufele2:

Lol@ mumulogy. I would rather accept what is known about my lineage than fantasizing about something that has no connection to another man's history.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by tonychristopher: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
IT MIGHT BE TRUE IT DEPENDS ON GENETICS AND GENE TRACING
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2013

This Assyrian relief is over 3,000 years old. Those Jewish captives look positively BLACK. That is not caucasian or Arab hair on their heads. That is black African hair. The nose, lips, actually scream 'Igbo'.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
ROSSIKE: This Assyrian relief is over 3,000 years old. Those Jewish captives look positively BLACK.
Please, ROSSIKE. It is time you give up this Igbo people being Jews topic. It is very clear Igbo has nothing relating to the Jews in whatever way.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 3:57am On Feb 18, 2013
all4naija: Please, ROSSIKE. It is time you give up this Igbo people being Jews topic. It is very clear Igbo has nothing relating to the Jews in whatever way.
Can you show any evidence as you sound so confident.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Okene LGA Chairman, Zubair Amoka, Cut People's Dreadlocks In Kogi / Saleh Abdu Lukat Weds Nana Asmau Mukhtar Shagari - Photos / Jimi Agbaje And Jide Sanwoolu Pictured Together In Church On New Year Day (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.