Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? (1295 Views)

Processor Speed Or Ram(random Access Memory): Which Determines Speed Of A Pc? / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2013
Pls am currently having problem with my system that need to be formated.pls and pls Aw much ar dey formatting a system?pls candid response is needed
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by EasyNaijacom: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
What kind of problem are you having? It may not need to be formatted. Detailed info please.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by kamal90(m): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
yap d problem is dat i discovered like 7 threat on my lappy when ium try to get an antiuvirus my system is shutting down
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Aafulenu(f): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
op formatting ur system is very very simple u can do it ur self. just go to the market and buy the cracked windows 07 and the drivers for ur system model. they shouldnt cost u up to 5h
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by EasyNaijacom: 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
kamal90: yap d problem is dat i discovered like 7 threat on my lappy when ium try to get an antiuvirus my system is shutting down

You dont need to format your pc. I'm having trouble understanding you. Do you already have an anti-virus or are you trying to download one? If you do, what kind of anti-virus do you have?
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Ebestsmscom: 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

You dont need to format your pc. I'm having trouble understanding you. Do you already have an anti-virus or are you trying to download one? If you do, what kind of anti-virus do you have?

They don't know how to ask question.

Give us the full derails.

Use safe mode to settle sometins.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 9:09am On Feb 08, 2013
D system is giving me problem gannnn ni ooo
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by pawn89(m): 10:37am On Feb 08, 2013
do u have any anti virus running currently and u wanna install another one and each time u try it restarts on its own, or, u don't have any antivirus program running on your laptop currently and u intend to install one, but whenever your try installing your system restarts, please which one of em is your situation?
thanks
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
U are a jem, aw did u know exactly my problem? The second one is my problem. Initially i did not have any antivirus on my lappy, and when i try installing one to be precise avast antivirus my system will shut down in the process of installing. And d guy try to install it for me through his flash still xperiencing d same problem. And wen d guy remove his drive from my laapy he discovered 7 threat on my lappy. He was d one dat advise me to format my lappy
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls i need reply in earnest
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by EasyNaijacom: 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
1. Have you tried installing another anti-virus aside Avast? (I'd recommend Comodo)

2. Does your PC show an error (or anything) before restarting?
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
I havn't try any other antivirus.yap my system always show error when t is restarting.am fed up. My lappy is dell d610 lattitude with xp window install on it.pls reply if truly u have idea of my problem. And beside aw can i get d prescibed antivirus?
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by deji2009(m): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
Carmal90 :
I havn't try any other antivirus.yap my system always show error when t is restarting.am fed up. My lappy is dell d610 lattitude with xp window install on it.pls reply if truly u have idea of my problem. And beside aw can i get d prescibed antivirus?

pawn89: do u have any anti virus running currently and u wanna install another one and each time u try it restarts on its own, or, u don't have any antivirus program running on your laptop currently and u intend to install one, but whenever your try installing your system restarts, please which one of em is your situation?
thanks

irst of all many viruses are created daily and also the anti-viruses.

there are many,many kind of viruses..

one such kind is called stealth virus
it means it won't be detected by anti-virus
software while scanning. there is a code which
hides the virus from anti-virus.

another type is called logic bomb.
it means the code will run every time when a
particular condition is satisfied.

so as an example in your case it may be like that
whenever you run the installer for avast,shut-down the computer.

use the best anti-virus. avast is definitely good
but you should also understand that wherever there is
windows there are viruses. windows and viruses are like brothers.
they simply can not live without each other. ..:d..

SO, see what anti-virus can be installed on your computer i.e. Malwarebytes
if it succeeds then do a full system-scan..remove the viruses
detected. try cleaning your registry and temporary files using ccleaner.
point is make ur system clean..

never run windows without anti-virus..
if none works then format ur computer(take back-ups first)..
and after formatting the first thing to do is to install a good anti-virus..

You'll need a a windows xp cd. look under the laptop
it should says windows xp home or professional edition
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
Tanx for d reply.but aw can i get the prescribed antivirus? And atmost aw or aw much ar dey formatting.this is getting me sick and tired
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Ebestsmscom: 7:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Carmal90 :
Tanx for d reply.but aw can i get the prescribed antivirus? And atmost aw or aw much ar dey formatting.this is getting me sick and tired

1k can format and drive it in the market.

If your system is upto 2GB RAM buy and install BitDefender total security 2013.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by EasyNaijacom: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
Carmal90: I havn't try any other antivirus.yap my system always show error when t is restarting.am fed up. My lappy is dell d610 lattitude with xp window install on it.pls reply if truly u have idea of my problem. And beside aw can i get d prescibed antivirus?

You're not helping yourself here. What error does it show before it restarts? Do you see a blue screen?

Also, the first step to problem solving is to know for sure what causes the problem. Find out what actually causes the PC to restart. You cannot blame viruses if you haven't tried another antivirus. The problem may perhaps be from the Avast itself.

Try installing another antivirus first. If you don't know where to get one, go to filecrop.com and search for antivirus softwares there. Comodo is a very strong one.
But first, copy that error and post it here.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by EasyNaijacom: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2013
*double post*
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
d
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Thayay(m): 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
I recomend 2 u combofix...it removes registry files and trojans.i started using it when my system had serve.exe problem...u won't regret using it
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by pawn89(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2013
From all that you have said I suggest you insall the Malwarebytes program do a full scan am sure your system would not restart cos the program is not a logical antivirus. Install and run the program do a full scan some threats would be discovered, delete em and install any anti virus of your choice. I hope that works well enough for you.
NOTE: open your task manager and take screen shot of it and upload it here perhaprs they might be an unwanted process tha needs to ber terminated before running your antivirus program if you have difficulties in gettingt the antimalware program.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Pls and pls i would like the formatting process bymyself
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Ebestsmscom: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Carmal90 :

Take it to someone that can do it.

You don't know what you want period.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by wolebaba(m): 2:36am On Feb 16, 2013
Carmal90 :

What part of lagos are U at if you are in lagos.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Ebestsmscom: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2013
NO! they don't charge, they are there for charity work.

Thread unfollow.
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by Carmal90(m): 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
tanx to all of u
Re: Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? by opmoore(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
My Laptop A Sony Viao is not bringing any Power both with battery and Direct from the Source.Any Engr Should get 2 me ASAP on 08068053510 The Engr must be in the Mainland Please.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A PC Downloading App Aprt From Idm / How To Save Your Eyes From Computer Screen Hurt / Help, My 4gb Ram Hp 15 Is "Hanging"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.