Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,930 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:43 AM

Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible (1709 Views)

Is The Catholic Doctrine Contradictingg The Scripture??? / Does The Scripture Actually Forbids Christians From Taking Alcohol / Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Delightbaby(f): 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
Pls house, who in the house knows how to use DAKE Bible (King James Version). This was a gift given to my cousin sister but we don't know how to make use of it. Tanx n GOD bless
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by JeSoul(f): 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
Finis Jennings Dake (1902–1987) was an American Pentecostal minister and evangelist known primarily for his writings on the subjects of Pentecostal (or Charismatic) Evangelical Christian spirituality and Premillennial Dispensationalism. His most well known work was the Dake Annotated Reference Bible.

Christian conversion and controversy
Dake became a Christian at age 17. Dake claimed that upon his conversion he received a 'special anointing' which allowed him to quote major portions of Scripture from memory. He preached his first sermon in 1925 and was ordained by the Assemblies of God denomination two years later. After working as a pastor and evangelist in Texas and Oklahoma, he moved to Zion, Illinois, in order to become the pastor of the Christian Assembly Church. In Zion, he also founded Shiloh Bible Institute, which ultimately merged with Central Bible Institute and which was located in the home formerly owned by controversial faith healer John Alexander Dowie.

During Dake’s ministry in Zion, he was the center of a controversy. In 1937, he was convicted of violating the Mann Act by willfully transporting 16-year-old Emma Barelli across the Wisconsin state line “for the purpose of debauchery and other immoral practices.” The May 27, 1936, issue of the Chicago Daily Tribune reported that Dake registered at hotels in Waukegan, Bloomington, and East St. Louis with the girl under the name "Christian Anderson and wife". In order to avoid a jury trial and the possibility of being sentenced to a maximum of 10 years in prison and a fine of $10,000, Dake pled guilty. Subsequently, he served six months in the House of Corrections in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.[1] Though he maintained his innocence of intent, his ordination with the Assemblies of God was revoked and he later joined the Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee). While it is not known why he later ended his relationship with the Church of God, it is known that he eventually became independent of any denomination.

Writings
The Dake Annotated Reference Bible (1963) was the first widely published study bible produced by someone from within Pentecostalism. His annotated Authorized King James Version of the Bible took seven years to complete. The 35,000 notes in the Dake Bible are considered by Christian theologians to be personal, rather than Biblically-based, commentary. Along with Dake's annotated Bible, his other writings have been the source of controversy amongst theologians. While a small number of Christian theologians see his viewpoints on the gap theory and adoptionism to be possibilities, his interpretation of the Trinity is largely considered unorthodox and is rejected amongst Trinitarians and non-Trinitarians alike. Aside from the Dake Annotated Reference Bible, his other works include God's Plan for Man, Revelation Expounded, and Bible Truths Unmasked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finis_Jennings_Dake
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Goshen360(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ OP, I have Dake's Study Bible BUT my caution is NEVER depend on his notes - you need to subject him, his notes and teachings to scrutiny please.

1 Like

Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Joel3(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Goshen how are you, longest time

1 Like

Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Goshen360(m): 2:55am On Feb 08, 2013
^
Oga Joel, Na you I go greet happy new year o. Good to see you come here again. Sure you're doing well in the Grace of God. Missed you a lot. Please stay with us a while time time.

1 Like

Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Jeel: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2013
Dakes is sure a blessing to the body of Christ
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Joel3(m): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2013
Yeah, Goshen, i was off and also deed so much research about God and creation. Also the first light that appeared in Gen 1.

sure i am more broaden now.

And Hope we share some spiritual experance and inteligence someday.

Its really hard to be seaking for knowlegde as a christian it will mess up your bible believe and all religion, now i do not blame science, fact finding is all about theories. Bible and other religions are out of date conpeared to medern life.

Thanks you. I miss you and others
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Joagbaje(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
Dakes bible is one of the bet study bibles but some of his commentary have issues. He believed people were born again in the Old Testament times.
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Goshen360(m): 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
^ Joagbaje, not that he believes the above. He also teaches God has a PHYSICAL BODY. cheesy. Dakes IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUNG CHRISTIANS - it will mess them up. He was a good bible teacher no doubt but used with extreme caution.

1 Like

Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Goshen360(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Joel, I missed you too bro. Still following you on thread anyway. Welcome bro. Still love to fellowship with you anytime.
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Delightbaby(f): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
Thank u all 4 ur responses but still nobody has given me d crew on how 2 use it. Tanx
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Goshen360(m): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2013
^ On each verse, you will see alphabets (e.g, a, b c etc). The alphabets are to identify each word meaning or definitions to words. let me see if I can get you a link to show you how to use it. Again, study for yourself first before you share from Dakes teaching. He has some dangerous teachings. Where do you reside by the way?

Here is the link: http://www.christianbook.com/kjv-annotated-reference-large-print-hardcover/9781558291232/pd/71237?event=AAI

When the link opens, click on "Additional View" (at the bottom of the book display) to see what I wrote above. When you open it, it will display the content of the book to you.

If you need more help, please ask.
Re: Searching The Scripture - DAKE Bible by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
As Goshen said , be careful of Dake's notes.

I personally like to read plain reference study bibles like Thompson's chain reference etc.

The expandable bible which Goshen recommended, I also find, so far, very helpful.

Problem with study bibles written by Dakes , Schofield etc, is that the views of these men , many not accurately reflect the truth of the word of GOD , except you believe they are perfect and infallible.

Peace !

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / Is Masturbation A Sin According To The Bible? / Goliath's Skull Found In Holy Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.