Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Thank You Dad! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You Dad! (2125 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / thank you / What Would You Do If You Dad Was Havin An Affair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2008
Very common on nairaland we see male bashings and  sweeping generalizations.
I might be guilty of a few of them cool
How about the great Nigerian men out there ?
How about our dads?
Time to say some good stuff about Nigerian men .
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2008
Daddy ,your little girl 'Ada Bekee' admires and loves you greatly.
You've always been my hero
You were the standard by which I measured all men that came my way.
I checked if they were as hardworking as you
If they loved family like you did
I wanted a man that treated me as well as you treated mom
A man that loved Christ the way you did.

I thank God for giving you to me
I could not have asked for a better father
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2008
I remember how dad always asked for my opinions.
He allowed me to be myself and told me I could be whatever I set my eyes on.
He taught me that being female was not a handicap
That I could compete with anyone,male,female,black or white.
Thank you again dad
I hope to see you again this Christmas.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2008
when I called last week dad said",I love to hear your voice,
whenever you call,I feel like years have been added to my life"
You have no idea how that made me feel.
you've never made demands on me
never wanted silver or gold
all you've ever prayed for is that myself and my siblings serve God and do well in all our endeavours.Thank you again daddy.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2008
where are all the nairaland females with fathers they adore?
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
Hello daddy smiley,
You know sometimes I'm grumpy, aloof and stoic to your affections and concern,
But you always try to bring me out of my imaginary world I sometimes escape to even if I don't show feelings of appreciation,
You have never raised your voice at me, smiley
You apologised to me at age six though I kept a grudge till the next morning, I hold that to my heart because mummy has never apologised cheesy
You also made me understand the benefits of having an education,
You helped me with my assignments from school, smiley
It was really depressing when you had to travel, I even planned on hiding in your luggage to go anywhere with you,
I used to think, who would save us when mummy was angry with us
Don't mind my aloofness smiley, I love you in a way,
I can't say all these in front of you, don't know why undecided
But thank you Daddy. smiley
Re: Thank You Dad! by amsky(m): 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2008
I like this thread--sooo refreshing. smiley

Daddy,
I may not be your favourite (if you have any) but i love you all the same. I was not close to you while growing up,cos i saw you as one who would ''hala'' at the slightest provocation. When you used to ask me,why i did not like you, i'd keep quiet,not knowing what to say. I had alot to say. I was just scared of you.

I'm all grown up now,and i can see that all you did was in my own interest, eventhough it could have been done in a more gentle fashion.

Nonetheless,daddy, thankyou for being there,for contributing in whom i have become today. Thank you for everything, i love you dearly. kiss
Re: Thank You Dad! by tRoOE(f): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2008
My dad is the first man have ever love and appreciated, will give up my life to save him kiss kiss kiss, the 2nd person that holds the softest spot in my heart.

He has never yelled me before, or ever laid is hands on me.

Every time someone reports me to my dad especially my mum, all he says is plz listen to your mom once in a while okay, she knows what's best for you, and we start talking about something else. My dad spoilt me so bad, but oh well I love it that way.

LOL I remembered the first time 1st time i told my dad about my husband to be, all he did was smile and said his happy as long am long happy, I wasn’t really expecting that type of responds from him.

Everyone calls my dad the cool dad, a guy that makes things simple and easy for himself and everyone.

Thank you for been the best father you can, sometimes I wish you could have done more but who am I to complain, you tried you possible best and that’s why I love you.
Re: Thank You Dad! by princeonx: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2008
This is one funny topic eventhough I kind of like it! reminds me of my ex. One of the reasons I broke up with her's cux she said she'll NEVER EVER love any man morethan her dad and she proved it by doing things the way her dad want/ask her to even when it has to do with me. I got tired of the "my dad said thing" I'm happy she feel that way but I would've been happier if she had kept it to herself! I don't go thinking I love my mom morethan any girl in the world eventhough I feel that way sometimes, I've never said so to anywoman! anyway

come to think of it! those Daddys they call names and so on na person papa too abi? and I'm sure if his kids can type, they'll be saying same as above about them too grin

monkey no fine but em mama like am! same goes to everyone not only the dads!
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2008
Don't spoil this thread Prince onx angry

The kind of love I have for my father is not the same for a boyfriend. I love my father but he is not the kind I would love to marry. Looking for someone different cool
Re: Thank You Dad! by princeonx: 12:04am On Mar 11, 2008
My Bad!

I LOVE MY DAD morethan the whole dads in the world and he's the best dad ever grin
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2008
what can i say about my papa? words cannot qualify and quantify everything u have done for me. i like the fact that u rarely ask questions. though i get frustrated u call me everyday to check up on me, i know its all ur love.

u r the best son!
Re: Thank You Dad! by jkpretty(f): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2008
I wonder why its always thank u mum. Why not Dad too?

If every man was like my Dad, a honest & true man, this world would have been a better place.
A God fearing man, a man after God's heart. Always, always thot us the way of the lord. He gave each of us (my siblings) the bible saying that is the only inheritance he has for us. He said he has given us the gift of life, which we will follow. I trust him, i believe him. He's such a good good father, not even to me & my siblings only, even to people around, church, friends, family e.t.c. He molded us shapely from childhood, which helped me greatly cos no matter what i never forget the home i came out from. When i was at school, with friends, dating, my home always rings. A wonderful councellor.

My Dad, a perfect homemaker, a perfect husband for my dearest mum, Oh! how i love my mum too. A hero which i look up to. He's the only example that made me think that men don't cheat. When i was in secondary school my friends often told me that their dads do all sort, it always sounded like somethings out of this world. It was when i grew up i had a cause to thank God cos i got to understand what they were saying about their Dads and i was glad my Dad was outstanding.

His ever there for us so caring soo loving. I envy the union of my parents. My mum is so lucky to have such a good man & i'm equally happy she knows. Growing up now, many of my friends call me my Dad's girlfriend. Once i go out & its almost 9.00p.m he calls to find out where i am. If he hasn't called they start telling me ur boyfriend will some call u. I'm so happy that i can be called ur girlfriend. cheesy

Unknowingly i have compared men to u, i have always compared. A standard measurement for men that came my way. I was chating with a guy the other day, he said "i can't stand a fat lady, the moment my wife starts getting fat he knows he'll no more Be attracted & that he'll cheat" i faced him & told him " slim & gorgeous women find their husband cheating on them, it only works with discipline & mind set" and i went further & told him "My Dad has never cheated on my mum & she's no more the slimmy he married. He's disciplined and i love him for that". I'm glad i gave the guy something to think over.

Daddy u are ACE, U ARE ONE IN A MILLION, I LOVE U, 4REAL.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2008
jkpretty looks like we're both daddy's girls.
That was wonderful what you wrote.

While I was in secondary school,I too had friends that told stories of their cheating dads,newly discovered half siblings,their dad's known mistresses.
I couldn't relate and thank God for that.
Re: Thank You Dad! by jkpretty(f): 9:24am On Mar 12, 2008
nwando:

jkpretty looks like we're both daddy's girls.
That was wonderful what you wrote.

While I was in secondary school,I too had friends that told stories of their cheating dads,newly discovered half siblings,their dad's known mistresses.

Interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy
All good daddies seem alike. I'm happy for the thread u created wink I gave me another opportunity to dedicate my love for him.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Islander(f): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2008
Threads of this nature always tear me up. Where do I start? Daddy!! you were simply the best, with all your imperfections I love you unconditionally. I can still vividly recall the many times when Mama insisted on whipping my behind for trivial things, how you would jump in and volunteer to do the punishing. I always crack up how we used to disappear to the bedroom or anywhere Mama wouldn't see us. And I roll over hysterically how you would beat the hell out of the bed, chair or anything around and have me screaming for my dear life, grin grin.

Daddy I miss you so much. Sorry I refused to view your body, but I couldn't look at you motionless. I rather remembering you vibrant and alive doing the things you loved to do. May God bless your departed soul, And one more thing daddy, I still despise tea, I know you tried grin kiss kiss kiss
Re: Thank You Dad! by danity: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2008
Awwwww! You guys bring tears to my eyes.

I love my dad so much. You all have no idea how much.
He's the one I call when I'm going crazy
He's the one I talk to when I need approval
He's the one that talks to me when I'm not acting right
He's the one who's sacrificed so much for me
He's the only one who's level-headed enough to deal with all my craziness
He's the only man I can give up absolutely anything for
He has always supported me with all my career changes.

You guys should listen to Baba Mi by Sasha - one of my best songs ever. Though she's singing about how good her dead father was, I feel attached to it because the qualities she described were so representative of my dad
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2008
Thank you Daddy for teaching me confidence,
For always giving me a voice to speak and be heard,
Thank you for teaching me the way of the Lord.
Thank you for being my friend,
Even when i went to serve and i insisted that i could suvive independently
U still sent me cash every month.
even though we quarel about Arsenal and Man . U,
I know that in your heart you know Man.U is a better team.
Anyway, I still love you, thank you for being the best Dad in the World
Re: Thank You Dad! by chychy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2008
back when i was a child, before life removed all d innocence
i remember how it used be when u travelled, i was always disturbin mum askin when u'd be back
n when u came back i'd jump on u

there r days i dont appreciate u enuff, there r days i aint thankful 4 u but God knows in my heart of hearts that i love u n pray 4 someone that will treat me as u treat mum.
thank u 4 giving me life, education, discipline and so much love.

i may not always show ir but i'm thankful 4 u and i hope God keeps u alive to reap d fruit of ur labour.

I love u.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Scopium: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2008
[size=13pt]Wow I wonder where bad dads are. Or are they angels at home and demons on the street? You know great dad like Sani Abacha, Sgt Rogers, Tafa Balogun, etc. Hmm I'm just curious. Every dad is wonderful that means Nigeria is bad because of bad mothers, bachelors, spinsters, teengers, toddlers and babies.
[center]FOR THE RECORD THOUGH, MY DAD IS THE BESTEST DAD. HE IS THE SOURCE FROM WHICH ALL GREAT DADS WERE MADE[/center]
[/size]
Re: Thank You Dad! by Radiant(f): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2008
Aww. . . this is so sweet. Islander, u were Daddy's little sweet nuthead, huh? cheesy

Nwando, nice concept cheesy

Dear Daddy, as a kid I was very unhappy with u for always beating my brother even though I reported him most of the time grin You were rather too harsh but sweet at the same time.

You had your times with Mom but I still love you dearly. If there was anything I desire most is your happiness.

Thinking about you now,I remember when you called me after I broke up with my ex. You talked to me in such a way that whenever I remember your words I'm strengthened. I also remember the first time I wore a bra you were so happy and teased me embarassed cheesy

You might not be the best Dad due to certain situations but I'll always love and appreciate you 'cause without you I wouldn't be what I am today. cheesy I forgive you for whatever you did wrong and promise that your place in my heart can never be replaced. Bless you forever smiley
Re: Thank You Dad! by Dreloaded(f): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2008
osisi, why do you keep saying "did", I almost thought he had passed away til you wrote "see you again this Christmas" undecided
Anyway glad you had a great dad, not many do unfortunately sad

Mine however IS wonderful. Lol drives me crazy but I just KNOW I can always depend on him and he'll never lie to me and frankly that's all I need. I enjoy swapping sarcastic banter with him and learning alot. Also the way he treats my mom and the women in his life is something I wish for in my partner. He's hardly the typical chauvinistic Nigerian male and I love that. How many people can say their father is the one who pounds yam for the family when we were growing up and still does every now and then? Hardly any. He constantly tells me and my siblings our worth esp my sister and I as females and knocks it into our heads that we should never rely on any man and that even in marriage, we should let it presence known and not settle for less. Made me see those who are worth having and removing in my life and he was more right on that than not.

Just last week, we were talking about my aunt whose mother in law has been giving her hell and the mumu husband has taken to his mother's side and has been acting up as well. He made it clear that he would never tolerate us accepting such a situation, even when i tried to stand up for my aunt saying "she has no choice blah blah", he seriously insisted that if she was indeed a strong woman who believed she deserved better in life, she wouldnt allow such nonsense to happen. He just cant stand feeble women esp since my mom isnt one and is willing to do whatever so we can be as strong willed as she is.

I adore you jare and I'll always be your favorite clown. kiss smiley
Re: Thank You Dad! by Dreloaded(f): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2008
nwando:

same here! Gosh sometimes when I hear or read about such things, like cheating or how fathers don't believe in helping their wives in "female duties" like cooking aka "my dad has never stepped into the kitchen", helping with the kids, etc, I just can't wrap my head around that because it just didnt make sense to me. Not used to it AT ALL and frankly I rebuke such people from my path.

I thank God as well.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2008
Awwww. . . . . .  where do I start? ma eyes are brimming already. cry cry
From knowing I was your favorite, your baby, the world turned to my haven. Everytime u you lifted me (yes I still remember so clearly) I knew i cld take on the world. You defined what being a real man was. . . and truly it was unfair on the others dt claim the male genes because they fell so far short of the mark; the mark your life set in my heart; in my life. You gave me a voice. I cld be my nutty self around you. the clown in me was nurtured by your very liberality. I really cld be me. With u I cld do no wrong. How much easier it was weaning me than it was drumming it into my head that I was too big to sit on your laps (I remember who took dt as a preoccupation. angry Bless u grandma, how i miss u so kiss).
Still remember those times u’d put my hands on the steering wheel and allow me to “drive” the car in the thick of traffic. nothing cld be more ecstatic. It didn’t matter dt your feet on the pedals and your hands on mine really did the driving. . . (what did I know?) Those memories are forever etched in my fertile mind.
Thanks for all the times dt u’d listen to all my cock and bull straight from the head stories. tongue It’s now I know just how much sacrifice it was for u but it soo built my confidence.
The first jokes I eva heard were from you, the first jokes I eva told were to you.
Words are insufficient dad to tell u how much u really mean to me. But i know u know it. It’s always been an uncontended truth.
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2008
The times u were away on courses, assignments and those crazy signals were the nadir of my youth. When the others had gotten frustrated with my antics, I’d sit up in ma room and cry ma eyes out, praying for ma Voltron to return. My Defender. cry cry Can’t remember any judgment u eva passed dt wasn’t in ma favor. .  an only child cldn’t have had it betta.
Thanks for disciplining ma brother everytime he beat me. angry Weellll, actually, most times I more than deserved it. tongue
Though in my teens u had to be stern, it was still obvious u’d kill for your babygirl.
I remember those hard talks u gave me then, even though it was really your own stubbornness dt was rearing in me. I remember “that’s an order!”, and your favorite “dismissed!” when u were through with your “orders”. lol cheesy

I’m a big girl now dad, yet I haven’t outgrown dt word “daddy”, don’t think i eva will. Even when all ma friends graduated to “popsie” it just never jelled with me. it’s eva been ma daddy this, ma daddy that. they’ve learnt to live with it.
Thanks daddy for teaching me not to settle for anything less than the best.
Yes, thanks daddy for the birthday gift last year. kiss
Thanks for placing me on a salary (it’ll be unfair to call it an allowance) though i’m yet to work even for a minute.
Thanx for crediting ma account everytime I buzz even though most times I’m not due for reimbursement yet.
Thanx for treating every buzz of mine like an emergency. . . . like God, before I call u answer.
My pain is that these words can’t possibly do justice to your impact in my life. i owe my verve, values, dignity, zest, independence, confidence to a vast extent to the fact that u’ve always been there for me.
Someday I’ll write a song for you, it’s a promise I live to keep.
Love u daddy, always will.  kiss kiss
Re: Thank You Dad! by Lusky(m): 6:49pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

Its quite refreshing to see the outpouring of emotions/feelings people have about their fathers. It goes to show that fathers are still doing something right in the lives of their kids. However, the reason for this posting is to encourage all those who have found it hard to express their feelings verbally to the ones they love to try and do so, in whatever way they can, and that the person would understand.
Life is too short to be lived without telling those we love how much we love and appreciate them
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2008
@post
thank you dad for demonstrating to me the kind of men i should never get involve with. . .and how useless men can be when they're not serious. Now, i know atleast the kind of husband i should never get myself stranded with.
Re: Thank You Dad! by LadyT(f): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
LOL I think I have the same father as Morenike, grin
Re: Thank You Dad! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2008
LadyT:

he calls himself a father, but never holds up to that responsibility embarassed
Re: Thank You Dad! by oziomatv(m): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2008
morenike09:

he calls himself a father, but never holds up to that responsibility embarassed

LadyT:

I feel for you girls.
I pray you girls will get a man that'll be a father to you.

I lost my DAD on unimaginable state, just like a candle light that just went off in the mid night darkness.
He was waiting for my return and I never saw him again. He never reap what he sows
His advices words and correction even the beatings is guiding me now.
He used to advice us on other people's errors.
Remembering the day he dies Has made me crying.
Re: Thank You Dad! by dominique(f): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2008
my heart goes to you ozioma. i just cant imagine losing my dad (or mum for that matter). we may not always agree all the thme and we sometimes get on eachothers nerves but i love my dad to bits, i pray all the time that i can be the child he can be proud of. love you daddy smiley

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Telecom Business Ideas That Work / Ladies, How Would You React To This? / Wish Your Loved Nairalanders A Merry Xmas And Happy Newyear Through A Voicenote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.