Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (142179 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 10, 2013
“Watch out for the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and be greeted with respect in the marketplaces, 39 and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 40 They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.” - Mark 12:38-40

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Feb 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay. I OPENLY apologize for the wrong information about the writer of the article but it was from Dr. Henry Morris' same website right? I must have MISplaced one for the other. That's fine. My apology.

You don't need to apologise to me, if you make mistakes on fringe issues like this what will the consequence be on the essential doctrines that determines where you will spend your eternity? Don't play Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Goshen360:

All those who are of FAITH are the seed of Abraham. How? There are TWO kinds of 'SEED (singular) OF ABRAHAM' - There's the natural seed which are the Jews. There's the seed of Abraham who are BY FAITH THROUGH CHRIST, That's the Spiritual, not the NATURAL, like the Jews. The SPIRITUAL seed is what is promised to Abraham that IN THY SEED SHALL ALL THE FAMILY OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED AND THAT SEED IS CHRIST IN WHICH ISAAC WAS A SHADOW AND TYPE. So, when you talk of seed of Abraham, you also have to be specific. Are you a JEWS? Let us know so we can know how we address you henceforth. Even to the natural seed of Abraham, the Jews, tithe and offerings are NO MORE. IT HAS ENDED, CANCELED AND ABOLISHED.

If you are of the seed of Abraham through faith, do the promises in the OT apply to you?

Goshen360:

I can't remember saying I want to question the word of God. I said I want to ask YOU just two questions. If you had spoken the word of God and I don't understand, CAN'T I ASK YOU QUESTION SO YOU CAN EXPLAIN FOR CLARITY PURPOSE? Again my brother, CAN I ASK YOU JUST TWO QUESTIONS FOR CLARITY PURPOSE? YOU MUST BE READY TO ANSWER THE REASON FOR WHICH YOU BELIEVE.

King James 2000 Bible
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: - 1 Peter 3:15

I may or may not choose to answer your questions especially when they are based on fringe issues and gender strifes. What have you done with the answers Christians like image123 have proferred?

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes" (2 Timothy 2:23).

Contending for the faith doesn't necessarily mean being contentious about the faith.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2013
JIL:

I had been a subscriber of ICR's articles for some time but unsubscribed immediately I received the article the op posted.

I don't personally subscribe to calling anyone a fake or a thief but anyone who believes in the doctrine of tithes that is being preached and practised today should check their conscience.

For your information tithes and offering is a spiritual principle that God has given as a means for meeting the churches financial needs. If you have given your life to Jesus nothing else will be too much for you to give unless your money has become your idol. The wallet or the purse is usually the last frontier to give way especially for the Naija man. shocked
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On Feb 10, 2013
Kevin Ashikeni:

Check this out also- www.lighthouseprophecy.com/prophecy/ExposingTheTitheLie.html.

The pages of your suggested link cannot be found just as the serpent has no leg to stand on.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Feb 10, 2013
frosbel:

Oh dear, here we go again, the favourite opt out clause of the widows mite, twisted and re-twisted to suit the lie of tithes grin

Are you saying that Jesus shouldn't have commended the poor widow's act of faith? Go learn what Christian stewardship means before you shoot yourself in the foot.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Feb 10, 2013
frosbel:

They gave willingly as many do today, under no compulsion or obligation, it was all out of love.

By the way , they did not give money but themselves , their time and resources for the work of GOD. You seem to see $$$ in this verse when it is not there, and even if it was , they gave cheerfully not under some manmade lie called tithe .

Away with the LIE of Malachi 3:9.

If you are truly saved, did anyone put a gun to your head? If not why would God force anyone to dispose of their money? God is not an armed robber, you know. To be saved you have to willingly surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your Saviour and also receive Him as your Lord. These two go together, you cannot say No, Lord.

You said that the Macedonians did not give money but themselves. I say that they gave both:

"Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints" (2 Corinthians 8:4).

I know satan's intention is to use those who are willing to be used to stop Christians from going to church and if they insist on going to church that they should stop funding their ministers so that they can starve to death and the church to die but you missed the point. As God took care and provided for the Church in the wilderness He is still in the business of providing for His flock. He does not need unbelievers to do this for Him.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Feb 10, 2013
frosbel:

“Watch out for the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and be greeted with respect in the marketplaces, 39 and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 40 They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.” - Mark 12:38-40

Why did you stop at verse 40? it continues till verse 44. You missed a great truth Jesus made here. Read, hearken and do it to be blessed.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 3:03am On Feb 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I may or may not choose to answer your questions especially when they are based on fringe issues and gender strifes. What have you done with the answers Christians like image123 have proferred?

Okay my brother. Lemme ask my question anyways since you said you MAY or may NOT choose to answer my questions. Here are my questions:

King James 2000 Bible
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they are descendants of Abraham: - Hebrews 7:5.....................For here is verily an annulment of the previous commandment because of the weakness and uselessness thereof. - Hebrews 7:18

From the above scriptures, verse 5 says the Levites have COMMANDMENT to RECEIVE TITHE. Verse 18 says, there is an ANNULMENT of the previous COMMANDMENT.

Here is my question: Will the COMMANDMENT THAT IS ANNULLED (or SET ASIDE, CANCELLATION and ABROGATED) in verse 18 ALSO INCLUDE the COMMANDMENT to RECEIVE TITHE in verse 5 OR NOT

I'm not asking two questions anymore. This one will do. Since you said you MAY or MAY NOT answer my questions. But let me know if you're not going to answer by simply responding by telling me you are NOT answering.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 4:36am On Feb 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

For your information tithes and offering is a spiritual principle that God has given as a means for meeting the churches financial needs. If you have given your life to Jesus nothing else will be too much for you to give unless your money has become your idol. The wallet or the purse is usually the last frontier to give way especially for the Naija man. shocked

With all due respect, I don't need someone like you to furnish me with information regarding tithes and offering. I have the word of God and the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.

Why is it that only the tithing ordinance among all the 613 laws of the old testament that people like you are keen to keep harping on?

I won't waste my time to begin to quote scriptures for you. It is an exercise in futility to argue with someone who benefits from this.

Where is it stated in the new testament that tithing is a spiritual principle that God has given as a means of meeting the financial needs of the church? Check the new testament and you would discover that it deals with almost every subject pertaining to good Christian living but there is no where believers where directed to pay tithes.

The gospel truth is that proponents of modern tithing don't trust God enough to supply the financial needs of the church without the need to coerce people to tithe.

Did the early church tithe? Was the early church financed through tithing? When was the tithing ordinance added as a Christian principle?

Search diligently for the answers to the above questions and you will discover the truth staring at you in the face.

Please don't play on the intelligence of some and the fears of others by making a sweeping statement without backing it up with scriptures.

I am not in the habit of calling others rogues or thieves but from the look of things I may be inclined to start with you.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Joagbaje(m): 6:47am On Feb 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay my brother. Lemme ask my question anyways since you said you MAY or may NOT choose to answer my questions. Here are my questions:

King James 2000 Bible
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they are descendants of Abraham: - Hebrews 7:5.....................For here is verily an annulment of the previous commandment because of the weakness and uselessness thereof. - Hebrews 7:18

From the above scriptures, verse 5 says the Levites have COMMANDMENT to RECEIVE TITHE. Verse 18 says, there is an ANNULMENT of the previous COMMANDMENT.

Here is my question: Will the COMMANDMENT THAT IS ANNULLED (or SET ASIDE, CANCELLATION and ABROGATED) in verse 18 ALSO INCLUDE the COMMANDMENT to RECEIVE TITHE in verse 5 OR NOT

I'm not asking two questions anymore. This one will do. Since you said you MAY or MAY NOT answer my questions. But let me know if you're not going to answer by simply responding by telling me you are NOT answering.

Thank you.

Why do we have to go over and over on this subject

Tithe principle as other principles in God pre existed levitical priesthood. It's only the priesthood of LEVI that was nullified . It has nothing to do with existence of tithies , prayers , offerings, worship , and othe principles which pre existed it.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OmoTier1(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2013
Oh this issue of tithes, did Jesus give tithes? The only places Jesus mentioned tithes, he said so reprimanding the Pharisees. While I am not against tithing, can someone explain why Jesus did not emphasise tithing in his day?

Also, Paul was giving the responsibility to taking the gospel to the entitles according to the revelation given him by Jesus. Seeing that tithing was first. Command to the Jews, if it be of the household of faith, why then didn't Paul lay down a very strong instructions on this issue of tithing like he did with prayers, giving, righteousness by faith, faith walk, etc. same goes for Peter, John, etc.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Eben2: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2013
I didn't want to contribute to this issue of tithing but I think I shld say one or two things here.

I make bold to say it is completely unscriptural and manipulative to tell someone to bring 10% of his/her income to church.

There is no place the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit through the apostles taught the church to pay tithes (point to me if there is any).

If the church today can spend half the time they use in preaching tithes on preaching about the redemptive work of Jesus on calvary, holy living, judgement of God on sinners and the way of escape, heavenly home of the saved, unconditional love for friends and foes, the evil of love for money, bribery and corruption etc; the nation and the world will be a better place.

Moreover, a genuine child of God does not need to be cajoled to give to God because he knows that his entire life belongs to God so giving 50% or 100% will not be an issue.

Lastly what God demands from every truly born-again child of God is not just 10% of income but all of his/her life and that includes time, energy, resources, knowledge, talents, helping the needy etc. Matt 25:34 - 40; 2Cor 12: 14 - 20; phl 3: 7 - 10; Matt 5: 42; Lk 6: 38; Acts 20: 35

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
Eben 2:

If the church today can spend half the time they use in preaching tithes on preaching about the redemptive work of Jesus on calvary, holy living, judgement of God on sinners and the way of escape, heavenly home of the saved, unconditional love for friends and foes, the evil of love for money, bribery and corruption etc; the nation and the world will be a better place.

Perfectly said.

The reason , and I keep saying this , why the world is in a mess today is that the light of the church is dim.

To preach about holiness is easy , acting holy however is another thing. Indeed in many churches today , the doctrine of holiness is preached but for some reason it does not seem to get to the hearts of most people.

When I was a boy many years ago in Nigeria , I had this myth engraved within me , that America was a Christian nation. However , on coming to the west I saw very different picture.

All this prosperity heresy came from the US of A, the gospel of greed, war, racism and many more vices.

Which is why , we have an individual responsibility to seek for the truth ( and we will find it if we seek for it with all our hearts ) , understand it and act upon it. Our pastor is not in any form or shape supposed to usurp the truth in our lives or the word of GOD.

Many have given their whole lives to their church institutions and men of God aka Pastors, but not to JESUS , therefore , they spend a large amount of their time fulfilling the vision of a MAN and not GOD.

We have to come back to the Berean level of personal responsibility and accountability. This is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Oh this issue of tithes, did Jesus give tithes? The only places Jesus mentioned tithes, he said so reprimanding the Pharisees. While I am not against tithing, can someone explain why Jesus did not emphasise tithing in his day?

Also, Paul was giving the responsibility to taking the gospel to the entitles according to the revelation given him by Jesus. Seeing that tithing was first. Command to the Jews, if it be of the household of faith, why then didn't Paul lay down a very strong instructions on this issue of tithing like he did with prayers, giving, righteousness by faith, faith walk, etc. same goes for Peter, John, etc.

You should be against tithing, it is not biblical. It's a black or white matter, but I agree with the rest of your analysis.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
JIL:

With all due respect, I don't need someone like you to furnish me with information regarding tithes and offering. I have the word of God and the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.

Why is it that only the tithing ordinance among all the 613 laws of the old testament that people like you are keen to keep harping on?

I won't waste my time to begin to quote scriptures for you. It is an exercise in futility to argue with someone who benefits from this.

Where is it stated in the new testament that tithing is a spiritual principle that God has given as a means of meeting the financial needs of the church? Check the new testament and you would discover that it deals with almost every subject pertaining to good Christian living but there is no where believers where directed to pay tithes.

The gospel truth is that proponents of modern tithing don't trust God enough to supply the financial needs of the church without the need to coerce people to tithe.

Did the early church tithe? Was the early church financed through tithing? When was the tithing ordinance added as a Christian principle?

Search diligently for the answers to the above questions and you will discover the truth staring at you in the face.

Please don't play on the intelligence of some and the fears of others by making a sweeping statement without backing it up with scriptures.

I am not in the habit of calling others rogues or thieves but from the look of things I may be inclined to start with you.
The hypocrisy of all due respect.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 4:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Eben 2:
Lastly what God demands from every truly born-again child of God is not just 10% of income but all of his/her life and that includes time, energy, resources, knowledge, talents, helping the needy etc. Matt 25:34 - 40; 2Cor 12: 14 - 20; phl 3: 7 - 10; Matt 5: 42; Lk 6: 38; Acts 20: 35

Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2013
Image123:
The hypocrisy of all due respect.

Your antecedents are well known here. I don't need to add anything to it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by KevinAshikeni(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The pages of your suggested link cannot be found just as the serpent has no leg to stand on.

Ok, let's go there one more time..
www.lighthouseprophecy.com/prophecy/ExposingTheTitheLie.html
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

Tithe principle as other principles in God pre existed levitical priesthood. It's only the priesthood of LEVI that was nullified . It has nothing to do with existence of tithies , prayers , offerings, worship , and othe principles which pre existed it.

Okay sir. Burnt offering also pre-existed the law, do you still practice it? Animal sacrifices also pre-existed the law and it was also a principles of God, do you still practice it? Idolatry and worship of astrological also pre-existed the law, which of these do you practice? Why do you hold unto tithe alone without holding unto these other practices that also pre-existed the law?

Okay, if you're saying it was ONLY the priesthood of LEVI that was nullified, please answer these questions:

1. Was the tithe also nullified with the priesthood of Levi or priesthood gone but tithe stands?
2. Does the church today have priesthood of Levi or ministry gifts?
3. Is every Christian a body of priesthood that replaced the OT priesthood or NOT?

The ONLY thing that God did not nullify that pre-existed the law was God's covenant in the SEED OF ABRAHAM which was fulfilled in Christ and I didn't see tithe inclusive in that covenant.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
@joagbaje, concerning pre-law tithes, where, when did God institute tithe, who did God command to pay tithe, how often were they paying/gving the tithe and with what? Was it with money or agricultural products? Pls take ur time and answer. God bless.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
^ I'm telling you the truth my brother. Our brother, Joagbaje will start the twist from tithe 'according to the law' to tithe 'before the law' when it is very clear that Abraham's example of tithe WASN'T A COMMANDED TITHE but religion has made the Abraham tithe as a commanded and binding on God's people BUT in the real sense, the tithe taught and practiced by the religion is the one 'according to the law'.

I'm telling, they're only hiding under that pre-law tithe as a camouflage. What they practice in real sense is tithe according to the law. Abi father Abraham tithed his own from his personal income ni? But the law tithe was from their increase which the people themselves worked. You dey see confusion?

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by christemmbassey(m): 7:41am On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360: ^ I'm telling you the truth my brother. Our brother, Joagbaje will start the twist from tithe 'according to the law' to tithe 'before the law' when it is very clear that Abraham's example of tithe WASN'T A COMMANDED TITHE but religion has made the Abraham tithe as a commanded and binding on God's people BUT in the real sense, the tithe taught and practiced by the religion is the one 'according to the law'.

I'm telling, they're only hiding under that pre-law tithe as a camouflage. What they practice in real sense is tithe according to the law. Abi father Abraham tithed his own from his personal income ni? But the law tithe was from their increase which the people themselves worked. You dey see confusion?
my brother, the truth is, what Abraham gave to melchizedeck was NOT 'TITHE' but a 'tenth' of the spoils in gratitude of Melchizedeck's gesture, and Abraham returned the remainants to the rightfull owners, . Appart from this incident, there's no place where Abraham pay tithe, instruct Isaac or his servants to pay tithe, Isaac never paid,neither Jacob nor Esau, the children of Isreal never paid tithes until the levitical priesthood. So i wonder where they got the pre-law tithe idea from? I am waiting for our brother jaobaje sha. God bless.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
new things everyday. i guess it is a year of new things.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
Image123:

new things everyday. i guess it is a year of new things.

It's as if they only read the NT in their churches.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
JIL:

I believe image123 has given you an appropriate answer.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

I wonder why they are fixated on the tithes given during the Levitical priesthood? The principles behind the giving of tithes and offering remains intact. Its called the principle of giving and receiving. Jesus said that it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I wonder why they are fixated on the tithes given during the Levitical priesthood? The principles behind the giving of tithes and offering remains intact. Its called the principle of giving and receiving. Jesus said that it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).

Why are you making it sound like we that don't teach tithe for NT Christians don't teach giving. Giving is what is applicable to the NT Christians. You guys are even the ones teaching the 'fixed or fixated' giving of tithe which is not according to Grace or as a man purposes in his heart but according to the law. Take away the legalistic 10% percentage according to the law, then it becomes GIVING as it is taught in the NT.

Besides, you're yet to answer my question up there sir.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Oh this issue of tithes, did Jesus give tithes? The only places Jesus mentioned tithes, he said so reprimanding the Pharisees. While I am not against tithing, can someone explain why Jesus did not emphasise tithing in his day?

If you want to know what Jesus said about tithes you can read Matthew 23:23. I'll suggest you study what is meant by Christian stewardship and giving which takes it to another level than your 10% tithing. If the law says 10% then Grace says 100%.

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17).

The God of the OT is also the God of the NT they are not different. Jesus came to give the proper interpretation of the Moral Law of God and not to abolish it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you want to know what Jesus said about tithes you can read Matthew 23:23. I'll suggest you study what is meant by Christian stewardship and giving which takes it to another level than your 10% tithing. If the law says 10% then Grace says 100%.

The above is TRUTH MIXED WITH ERROR. As much as agree that God owns everything under Grace and with are joint-heir with Him. God doesn't demand us to give 100%. The Grace that was given to us unlike the legalistic OT is that, we should PURPOSE our giving in our hearts and in accordance with keeping with our other expenses of living.

OLAADEGBU:

"For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17).

The God of the OT is also the God of the NT they are not different. Jesus came to give the proper interpretation of the Moral Law of God and not to abolish it.

If truly you believe Jesus came with GRACE and TRUTH, why don't you allow the truth to reign in you as per this tithe issues. Why don't you allow God's people to give ACCORDING TO GRACE of what God has blessed them with. Why are you still teaching LEGALISTIC tithing that contradicts GRACE giving? Yes, the God of the OT is NOT different from the God of the NT. The same God by the Holy Spirit wrote in Hebrews that you refused to answer the question posed to you. The same God, same "a new commandment I give unto you...". The same God fulfilled the Law in Christ. The same God NEVER placed the Gentile Christians under the law at anytime.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Eben 2:

I didn't want to contribute to this issue of tithing but I think I shld say one or two things here.

I make bold to say it is completely unscriptural and manipulative to tell someone to bring 10% of his/her income to church.

There is no place the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit through the apostles taught the church to pay tithes (point to me if there is any).

If 10% of your income is too much of a burden for you, how about 100%?

Eben 2:

Jesus said something along this line when He reprimanded the scribes and Pharisees:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone" (Matthew 23:23).

Jesus here didn't encourage them to break the law He rather gave them the proper interpretation of it. Jesus emphasised here that judgment, mercy and faith were more important than tithing but that all should be done nevertheless. Under grace Christian stewardship demands your 100% and not just 10.

Eben 2:

Moreover, a genuine child of God does not need to be cajoled to give to God because he knows that his entire life belongs to God so giving 50% or 100% will not be an issue.

Now you're talking here. Those who still argue about giving their 10% in my opinion have to learn from the Macedonian Christians:

"Praying with us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of ministering to the saints. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God"(2 Corinthians 8:4-5).

You need grace to give and share of your means just as these Macedonians who gave out of their deep poverty.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JIL(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Burnt sacrifices and offering nko? Since God does not change should we continue to practice it?

Jesus did not commission you to go and collect tithes and defend it as if your life and existence depend on it. He said go ye to the world and preach the gospel

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
Kevin Ashikeni:

Ok, let's go there one more time..
www.lighthouseprophecy.com/prophecy/ExposingTheTitheLie.html

You might as well summarise your points here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (141) (Reply)

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.