Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? (16045 Views)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'.

But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?

16 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by momodub: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
am coming back 2 comment make una wait for me ooo
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
For wat Glory comes to d driver not d ex driver.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Palin: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yes siasia should share in the glory, because he is the one that first layed the foundation.
Jarus: Win or lose, sacked or left to continue, call it fluke or tactical efficiency, Stephen Keshi has made his mark already as producing for Nigeria its best performance in 13 years.

Some of us that faulted his inclusion of home-based players and dropping of some big names have since returned to our vomit, swallowing it.

Give it to him, he deserves some respect, for sticking to his gun with these young players.

While giving him the full credit,someone reminded me that Siasia also deserves part as some of the players Keshi are using actually cut their Super Eagles teeth under him. I almost spanked the person, that 'Dr, are you serious? Siasia that did not even qualify us for Nations cup'.

But on a more critical reflection, I realized some things:

1, Some of the players Keshi is using to produce result actually made their debut under Siasia (Musa, Emenike etc)

2, Siasia started the discipline trend which is working for Keshi. He dropped key players like Osaze because they were fighting with coaches. Keshi also did same. In hindsight, that decision is very right, if it were Osaze that is being made to sit on bench like Yobo or Uche now, by now we would be hearing different news from camp, news of Osaze fighting coach etc. It didn't work for Osaze, and initially appeared not working for Keshi too until the gradual turn-around.

3, Against Guinea in October 2011 in the match we drew that cost us AFCON 2012 participation, Siasia stuck his neck for Emenike despite the guy missing chances and we were all shouting. Today, it is same Emenike that is now firing at all cylinders? Could this mean we were impatient with Siasia? That he saw what we didn't see in this guy? (in any case I have personally always believed in Emenike's ability)

4, When Amodu purely had foreign, big players orientation, Siasia has a mixture generation orientation, gradually introducing the younger boys. He traveled round teh world to speak with many Nigerian young players, including Victor Moses, and convince them to come play for Nigeria. These are the boys doing it for Nigeria today.

With all these and many others, are we right to say Siasia laid the foundation to today's success? Or Keshi's philosophy just appears to co-incide with Siasia's in many respects? Does he deserve some credit?

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Palin: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yes he should
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia? Never.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by dammytosh: 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
I still prefer Siasia.

He was fired because he was not licking NFF's a*s*s. Most of his principles that Keshi adhered to are still working for us. Keshi looks like NFF's stooge to me.

I believe he can sha.

3 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by mrbyron(m): 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by GeJ79: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
YOU SHALL NEVER SHARE YOUR GLORY WITH ANYBODY YOU ARE THE LORD THAT IS YOUR NAME......LOL

7 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by dove24u(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
All glory belong to God

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by pboiskinpy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2013
Siasia koo Keshi niAll glory belongs to GOD n GOD alone...

#jux passing

3 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by 9icest: 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
Well, I used to love him...until he prove to be an extremist. The guy came close to flogging the footballers...
His management style wasnt inline with successful footballing. You cant keep tossing away the best players because of your EGO....
You unleash! You bring out the best in them....like Keshi did against cote d'ivoire. This is Keshi's glory!
And the cup is ours....im sure those bad boys didnt journey so far for 2nd place cool

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by SEYIKP(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2013
YOU ARE THE LORD THAT IS YOUR NAME U WILL NEVER SHARE UR GLORY WITH ANYONE, U WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR GLORY WITH ANYBODY ALMIGHT GOD DAT IS YOUR NAME.

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by ignis: 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
dvdon: For wat Glory comes to d driver not d ex driver.
Not in this case
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Xeroz: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yeah Samson siasia shuld b given credit, He started the non-tolerance of arrogance and indiscipline in players which keshi carried as most of us say he doesn't have the Player-coach relationship which is as a result of his not taking any nonsense from any players and was ready to bring down the hammer on any player who misbehaves but He over did it.... Another person who I think should come help develop our football is Sunday Oliseh, He comes across as one who has in-depth knowledge of the game, HE DOES.

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by olawalebabs(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
As a Nigerian, he should share in the glory. Nothing more
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by outrage: 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
[size=14pt]which glory? Let's remember we have not won anything yet!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by akintun: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
As a Nigerian yes, as a former colleague yes, but as a coach HELL NO.

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by CyberG: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
Credit should be giving to Siasia just like Keshi's successor MUST give him credit in so far as Nigeria's senior-level soccer experience is concerned. The whole system (if it actually runs as a system) should be such that every new coach builds on the work of the previous coach in some ways while adding, extending, improving, etc as necessary. The important thing is to realize that you can't build something on nothing and so it is instructive to always give credit to those that worked hard on a project before you had a chance to add to your collective success!

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by pat077: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
if keshi fail, will siasa share in d blame? If no, then he doesn't deserve 2 share in d glory.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by iluvtotodie(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
Should the glory be shared among all the ashawo out there who inspired the super eagles to win by promising free fuckkk on sunday if they lift the trophy. The power of a promised toto @ work.

6 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Scarpon(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
that guy is a failure
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by slimming: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2013
both can share it.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by supaeagles(m): 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2013
We can laud coach Stephen Keshi for bringing us this far and close to winning the cup after a 19 year hiatus. We should not however coronate him just yet. For great coaches should be judged on consistency. That does not mean we have to go out and win all competitions. Instead, if we continue to show the kind of performance, passion and disciple that the Super eagles are currently displaying, then by all means Keshi will be put on the same pedestal as coach Clemens Westerhof.

I do believe Siasia also had the same principles/acumen as Keshi but sadly you are judged by results.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by vision2050: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
He came second during his time with Nigeria team U-20, olympic 2008, he still remain the most successful coach in Nigeria but he fail to qualify 9igeria to Afcon2012 which make Nigeria to drop drastically from Fifa ranking, he was given a little time like Keshi.
The team he built are not the one representing Nigeria at afcon2013, to me all the citizen should enjoy the success($1,5m) if Nigeria win the trophy not only Keshi and his boys.

Caf president that cameruon guy said Nigeria owe him €8m for tv right. Is it true? Can someone confirm this the game that never show on my AIT......I read it on m.goal.
Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Clemzy16(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nigerians likes making noise alot. . . We haven't even won the tournament yet some Nairalanders have started asking if siasia should share in keshi's glory. Abeg! Na which glory be dat?!

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by fubbyy(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
Larryfly: its just luck on d part of keshi nd ill luck on d part of siasia....someone pls tell me am d frst to comment
I agree with the post above, keshi is lucky good coach but siasia is a better coach but unlucky,believe it or not

The truth is that all glory be to keshi for delivering(that will be when he won the cup o) nothing like sharing glory, btw all the glorious people on earth today were breed by som1 else but no1 glorified them, that's how life is

We believe in reality and what actually happened not what would've happened if.....

3 Likes

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Clemzy16(m): 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2013
Nigerians likes making noise alot. . . We haven't even won the tournament yet some Nairalanders have started asking if siasia should share in keshi's glory. Abeg! Na which glory be dat?!!

1 Like

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by Gwekzy: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2013
mr byron: it 19 years not 13 years please.... we last won the nations cup in 1994
he said 13 cos d yr 2000 was d last time we played in a nations cup final.... Dat defeat in d hands of d indomitable lions still hunts me. But i know dis clique ll put smile on my face n turn my whole life arnd 4 gud come sunday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? by jhydebaba(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
I'll tell NFF to write Stephen Siasia Keshi as the the name of the coach that guided Nigeria to her 3rd Nations Cup glory.

But make una wait till sunday first now tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / Chelsea FC To Hold Talks With The UK Government Over Sanctions / Nigeria Vs. South Africa AFCON: Governor Adeleke Dances As Nigeria Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.