Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu (514 Views)

Eaglets ’ Golden Boy: ‘osimhen’s Dad Has No Generator To See Son On TV’ / Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu by Itoroetti(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
Afcon: Mikel ‘ll win Golden Ball – Kalu
February 8, 2013 | 6:56 am
afcon 2013

Super Eagles creative midfield maestro John Mikel Obi Thursday earned five stars as former Abia state governor Dr.Orji Uzor Kalu tipped him for the Golden Ball trophy, with the sobriquet ‘Field Marshall’ of the ongoing Nations’ Cup.

Kalu said,”Mikel Obi is a silent killer,in the field he puts on no airs,his touches are pinpoint,the young man is the hub of the Eagles.Yet he carries everybody along.If the Nations Cup were another World War,i would call him Field Marshall Montgomery.I see a crown on his head as the Most Valuable Player[MVP] of this tournament.”

Nigeria’s midfielder John Obi Mike
The ex-governor praised the Ivorian Elephants for giving honour to Mikel in particular, and the Nigerian team in general,despite their quarter-finals elimination by the Eagles.

“Kudos to Cheik Tiote,Didier Drogba and Lassina Traore.They admitted Nigeria’s superiority in the game.Tiote singled out Mikel for cutting off balls to Drogba and Yaya Toure.Mikel was so effective in the middle that Almighty Cote D’Ivoire looked like fish out of water.I give credit to all the Eagles as well, for a job well done,”Kalu added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/afcon-mikel-ll-win-golden-ball-kalu/
Re: Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Who's gonna win that golden ball? I think it's Emmanuel Emenike
Re: Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu by omiobo: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
Mikel is a kingmaker. He may not now how score but he is good at laying it down for those who know how to score.
Re: Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu by Itoroetti(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
@okiki,I believe emenike will stil score against Burkina faso and he'll win the top scorer award.but,man propose,God dispose.
Re: Mikel Is Our Golden Boy-orji Uzor Kalu by oluwadare26(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
My own point of view...
After M..K.O Abiola, Orji uzor kalu is the pillar of sport Nigeria ever had

(1) (Reply)

True And Bitter Story Of Victor Moses / Amazing Things About Nigeria Victory / Adenuga Drops$1million For Eagles,$200,000 For Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.