Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Emenike Out Of Sunday Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Out Of Sunday Final (20685 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Profile Of Sunday Oliseh (New Super Eagles Coach) / Sunday Final Predictions!!!: Ghana Vs CIV (2) (3) (4)

Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Femiii: 6:23am On Feb 09, 2013
Nigeria’s AFCON hopes have been dealt a massive blow after top scorer Emmanuel Emenike was ruled out of Sunday’s final by a muscle tear.

The Super Eagles are gunning for a third Nations Cup title after they won the tournament in 1980 and 1994.

MTNFootball.com can exclusively report that a scan has showed the Spartak Moscow striker, who leads the goals chart at this year’s Nations Cup, suffered a thigh muscle tear of the right leg and so will miss the tournament final against Burkina Faso.

A top team official informed MTNFootball.com: “Emenike has been ruled out after a scan showed he suffered a thigh muscle tear of the right leg during the semi-final against Mali. It’s a big, big blow for Nigeria.”

The big, all-action centre-forward, who has emerged as one of the shinning stars at only his first AFCON, has fired four goals, just short of the 10 goals scored by Nigeria to propel them to the Sunday’s championship game.

One of his goals was the opening Group C match against Burkina Faso, which underlined his power-play style as he literally bulldozed his way past his markers to give Nigeria the lead.

The 25-year-old striker has missed training for the past two days and both he and team officials have worked overtime to assure he will be fit for Sunday.

Villarreal striker Ikechukwu Uche and Russia-based forward Ahmed Musa could be the likely replacement for the injured star now.

Uche has struggled for form at this competition since he lost his starting XI role to Emenike, while Ahmed Musa has not been at his most lethal best even though he scored in Wednesday’s 4-1 demolition of Mali.

Musa has been played by CSKA Moscow at centre-forward in the first half of the Russian Premier League with telling effect as he has scored a total of nine goals in all competitions thus far.

He may have struggled with his form but his confidence would have been boosted by his well-taken goal against Mali in Durban.

Ideye, who has regained top form and crowned it with a goal on Wednesday, could also be pushed as top striker with Uche or Musa now playing behind him.

http://www.mtnfootball.com/africa/african-tournaments/african-cup-of-nations/news/2013/feb/09-emenike-out-of-afcon-final.html
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by infoscope(m): 9:31am On Feb 09, 2013
SHIT.... Super eagles will definitely miss him.
www.naijaedutech.com
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by olaezebala: 9:31am On Feb 09, 2013
I have another contrary story. "They are crazy rumours" - Super Eagles Media Officer denies Emenike will miss AFCON final - DailyPo... http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/02/09/they-are-crazy-rumours-super-eagles-media-officer-denies-emenike-will-miss-afcon-final/

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by babarazy: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2013
Geez!.... My main man is out. GOD HELP US.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by ad84ada(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2013
Dear Lord, may it not be true

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by majour(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2013
first victor moses now emenike, na wa o, seems nigeria want to sell this match or sometin

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Nasri100(m): 9:35am On Feb 09, 2013
One of the bbc reporter just tweeted there has been no official statement on Emenike from the team's doctor
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by outrage: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2013
[size=13pt]mukina how can you close that thread for this one?
Where the sense for this your behavior dey?[/size]

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Isokoman1(m): 9:36am On Feb 09, 2013
Not good news

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 09, 2013

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Tolexander: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
oh sorry omoonike! Dont worry, the golden boot is still yours. Maybe Ikechukwu will carry on his work successfully.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by toluxa1(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
Am not sure T. B. Joshua saw this coming.

#11th

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by vin4ever(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
No No No .we dnt wana hear dis . . Its a lie
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
IK Uche should step in.

Too bad sha.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by pboiskinpy(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
Dis na real WAA oooo...

#jux passing oo
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by igbsam(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
This is not good....This guy and moses are the power house of the super eagles. I read moses will be ruled out and now this one ? Chai!!!!!!!!!! Make this people no play rough play o!
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by etenyong(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
Its very unfortunate that he wont play in d final. However, i strongly believe NIGERIA wil win d cup on sunday. UP SUPER EAGLE, UP NIGERIA. Am proud of my country.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by princeFAD: 9:39am On Feb 09, 2013
This is really really a sad news.i hope no one will score more than him( esp wakasso from Ghana ) so that he cud still win the golden boot. The burkinas wud be happy to hear this sad news . And what of Victor Moses?
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
Too bad play ideye in his position, den move musa to wing
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by vizboy(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
stop this if you joking oh let me go and check www.goal.com
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Harry4cas(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
Fallacy all it is ........ Bet me Emenike must play on that day!

This is was i call over zealous thirsty media rumuors.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2013
igbsam: This is not good....This guy and moses are the power house of the super eagles. I read moses will be ruled out and now this one ? Chai!!!!!!!!!! Make this people no play rough play o!

No, Moses has not been ruled out.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by tebill(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2013
They decided to air the finals in local stations and we are already hearing bad news....oh winch dem cry

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by DJDOLA(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2013
NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER....NO MATTER WHAT WE ARE STILL GOIN 2 WIN D MATCH INSHA ALAHU....
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by honeric01(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2013
prince FAD: This is really really a sad news.i hope no one will score more than him( esp wakasso from Ghana ) so that he cud still win the golden boot. The burkinas wud be happy to hear this sad news . And what of Victor Moses?

Wakasso is the current highest goal scorer.

Emenike has just 3 goals, the last one was counted as an own goal.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Asis(m): 9:42am On Feb 09, 2013
We will definitely miss him o,that's if this story is true..I pray he is ok o.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by ariy(m): 9:43am On Feb 09, 2013
i dont belief this story. keshi said both moses and emenike dont have injury, through phone on live program this morning. amuludun FM ibadan

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by yhemzy(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2013
No thought we gonna miss him but team work wins the game.#Supereaglesforthetrophy
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by Osas001: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
If dey like, let all dere legs break, or dey shld go on strike sef, all I want is that Cup 2 Land in Lagos & FCT ABUJA... That's all..
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by salaudol(m): 9:46am On Feb 09, 2013
A good team should survivi without a point arrow.a good coach leading good team should turn thins around and restrategize.Petroipa is playing. Emenike is playing. Keshi is enjoying this oldskool tactics of speading fake rumours before major encounters. Let's watch.
Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by infoscope(m): 9:47am On Feb 09, 2013
honeric01:

Wakasso is the current highest goal scorer.

Emenike has just 3 goals, the last one was counted as an own goal.
Say not what you know little about. Where did you get that? That was a deflection and not an own goal. visit AFCON official website to get ur facts right

Re: Emenike Out Of Sunday Final by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Feb 09, 2013
infoscope:
Say not what you know little about. Where did you get that? That was a deflection and not an own goal. visit AFCON official website to get ur facts right

So na you know wetin you dey talk? go and check CAF website again. hiw initial shot was not on target until the deflection occurred.

Samuel Ighalo Celebrates 8th Birthday Today (Photos) / Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season / Osimhen Receives First Career Red Card In Serie A Opener