Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead (15482 Views)

Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured) / Congo Vs Nigeria: A List Of Channels Where You Can Watch The Game / Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 8:41am On Feb 09, 2013
"@kayodetijani200: Joe Ighile was presenting Sports Tonight Live yester night, took a break and demanded to be taken to hospital. He died. Strange strange World"

"@kayodetijani200: Toyin Ibitoye, the Presenter of Sports Tonight on Channels TV was boarding the Flight to South Africa when he was told Joe Ighile is dead"

"@kayodetijani200: Toyin Ibitoye had to forget his dream of covering AFCON Final and slept at Airport. He's still in shock. Just spoke to him now. Devastating"

Also @Oluwashina Okeleji

39 minutes ago near Marshalltown, Gauteng ·

Woke up to the sad news of Joe Ighile's sudden demise. Producer of Sports Tonight on Channels TV. Contagious laugh, infectious smile. It's true that there are more dead people than living. And their numbers are increasing. The living are getting rarer. RIP JoeIghile...

Profile: Joseph Ighile is a graduate of the then Bendel State University, now Edo State University Ekpoma. He studied English and Literature.

During his National Youth Service Corp period in Makurdi, Benue state, Joseph received the Chairman’s award at the end of his service year owing to his outstanding contributions to the Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS) and also as a corps liaison officer at the NYSC secretariat.

Ighile’s began his career in media from the Edo Broadcasting Service (EBS) as a content staff where he was involved in youth programmes in the early 80’s.

His versatility earned him a job with disc engineering Ikeja, Lagos where he was made the manager of broadcast in-charge of local contents before he joined Channels Television in 2003 as a reporter/producer.

He is currently the head of sports desk in-charge of all the sports programmes.

The widely travelled senior sports reporter/presenter is a winner of multiple awards and a member of the Nigeria Football Federation media and publicity committee as well as Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN)

He is married and blessed with two beautiful children.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/joe-ighile/

Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by MEILYN(m): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2013
oh my God may his Soul rest in peace.......nd i love dat sports programme oooo chaii

1 Like

Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 09, 2013
May his soul RIP....

1 Like

Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by vin4ever(m): 9:28am On Feb 09, 2013
R.I.P .AMEN
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by vizboy(m): 9:28am On Feb 09, 2013
R I P MAN MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by fittty(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2013
Hey mods! Why do u post front page topics at this time in the morning?

Rip to the dead
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by honeric01(m): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Eeya.. RIP Mr slow speech Joe.

Life.......
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by DJDOLA(m): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2013
MEN D GUY NO WAIT SEE D FINAL MACTH SHA....MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by ssainty(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2013
RiP mr Joe.May d Good Lord grant the family d fortitude to bear d loss
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2013
Wetin kill am
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by yhemzy(m): 9:36am On Feb 09, 2013
Committed, dedicated and hardworking Joe.May your gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
No wonder I wasn't seeing toyin's tweets since yesterday.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Holuwadammie(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2013
RIP......Mr Joe may ur gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Igholize(m): 9:39am On Feb 09, 2013
Sobbing....oga don waka, fare well
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by bumps(m): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2013
This world is so small.i watched joe ighile present sport tonite on channels tv in the absense of toyin ibitoye.he was all smiles but the programme was cut short.im still in shock.may his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Asis(m): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Ohh what a world,RIP
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Pimples(m): 9:50am On Feb 09, 2013
Quite unfortunate....
Very likely he was overworked and stress took over.
When last did he take a vacation?
Nigerian's work too hard with little rest
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by slimming: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2013
life is really short
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by tomholly: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2013
May the Lord give the Staffs of Channels,his friends and family the grace to bear the lost.R.I.P may his soul rest in piece.Lesson: we are all but a Pencil in the hands of our creator. do good at all time. .Stil Very Surprise
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by 9icest: 10:01am On Feb 09, 2013
RIP bro!

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by julioralph(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2013
i watched about 5mins of the show last night. tuned off cause i was busy. he was with dumebi okonta and one other fair guy...
na wa for this world o sad sad lipsrsealed
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 09, 2013
Shift of Consciousness..... Relax peacefully Joe.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by sammsimm(m): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2013
dvdon: Wetin kill am

Bros nah death kill am
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by camcor(m): 10:17am On Feb 09, 2013
R.I.P oga Joe
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2013
So sad. So, this man presented the programme till yesternight.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by Sunkaeme: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2013
Pls do u mean the same man I was watching interviewing Quintoine Fortune of South Africa on Channel TV last nite & went on break around 9.40pm & didn't continue?
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by dridowu: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2013
RIP SIR
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by metti(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2013
Death!
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by BZion(m): 10:28am On Feb 09, 2013
May his soul rest in peace

http://ohibunmizion.shutterchance.com/
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by alphaconde(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2013
May the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of christ rest in peace.
Re: Joe Ighile Of Channels TV Is Dead by greatgod2012(f): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2013

death!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury / Photo: Odion Ighalo Finally Signs For Chinese Club, Changchun Yatai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.