Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (653436 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
l didn't quote u but followed the line of thought of other contributors, but the truth is that whoever has any info that will benefit others should share it here. this is an open forum, and for those looking for visa, contact the airline of the country u wish to visit or their website. u can also post ur questions here, and am sure we have guru's in the house to assist.
shagry1:

Bro y did you quote Me?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fumkos: 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hello everybody,
My little contributions goes thus:

for Dubai holidays-get to any of the airlines or agents, the visa is just 200 USD. I usually go with QATAR Airlines and i have never sked them for hotel accommodation. deira is where the shopping is and hotels around that place are btw 120 and 150 dhrs which is abt N4,800 to N6,000.
for the person with 350k, you can get visa for 32k, flight for 125k, hotel for 5 days at 6k per night is 30k, total of N187k. you will have only abt N170k which is about 1,000 usd for shopping and transport. most of the things you want to buy are there in deira but if you want designers, you go to city center where the malls are. there is also nigerian restaurant there in deira, so you would not miss home. the popular gold sou is also in deira.

for Qatar holidays and working visas--you can make enquiries at qatar airline and it is just for 14 days and it cost just 100Qrh which is about N4,500. but for the work permit, you need to go through a sponsor who will do all your papers over there and right from Nigeria, you are going with your work permit OR a company, who will also process your work permit and send to you and you are going with all your documents intact from Nigeria. pls shine your eyes abt these so called agents. what most of them do is to get the visiting visas for you on the pretext that when you get there, they process your work permits and when you get there,they become incommunicado. you cannot get through to their numbers again. so you would have spent about N400K to N500K on a visa that would ordinarily cost you 100 qrh, about N4,500. I rest my case.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by universalbets(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
@fumkos
Nice one there and all Job hunters should heed your advice. Your rates and options are spot on.

if the guy is leaving soon he may still catch snippets of the Annual Discount Rush for January/February. City center tends to favor persons shopping for business. Short trip to malls etc.

In Diera buy and haggle like you are in Balogun market in Lagos.

If you want the Palms/Shoprite/Grand type shopping then stick to Airport Duty free shops and major malls.

Most products are better than chinko equivalent. Other product quality where not equivalent is a step or two below EC quality.

Also indians are same all over the world so watch out when patronising them.

Happy holiday to you.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
@universalbet & fumkos
God bless u guys!!!

Am d one wit d 350k budget, 4 shopping every finger points 2 Diera, but where, I need names of shops as a guide. Its like saying balogun market, which is large 2 cover.
What i want 2 buy are clothes,perfume,shoes all 4 personal use.

For hotels, names will be helpful too, what i want is something safe & free frm where nigerians mostly are(because of what i've read frm other thread)
my buget is 10k a night.

I also plan 2 hire a local 2 act as a guide frm toursbylocals.com approved by dubai tourism board. I believe wit that i'll have a hang of d city quickly. I dont want 2 stress myself, thats why it's called vacation. Pls any advice on this
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by fumkos: 9:43am On Feb 12, 2013
Hi alexray,
Please be careful of these tour guides. do not on any account allow them to price things for you. they use their language to up the prices of goods. pick the things you want and price them yourself.
As for particular shops names, i really do not remember names now but i know how to get there from the nigerian restaurants there.
I have never stayed in an hotel, i usually stay with my brother in Jumeira Lakes Towers but i have friends who live in Shajah i can ask for good hotels and shop names for you.
When do you want to travel, you can give me till tomorrow afternoon to get them for you.
Lace materials are very cheap there too if you are interested and they also have their own China Town too.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 12, 2013
fumkos: Hi alexray,
Please be careful of these tour guides. do not on any account allow them to price things for you. they use their language to up the prices of goods. pick the things you want and price them yourself.
As for particular shops names, i really do not remember names now but i know how to get there from the nigerian restaurants there.
I have never stayed in an hotel, i usually stay with my brother in Jumeira Lakes Towers but i have friends who live in Shajah i can ask for good hotels and shop names for you.
When do you want to travel, you can give me till tomorrow afternoon to get them for you.
Lace materials are very cheap there too if you are interested and they also have their own China Town too.

1st week of may. Thanks 4 your effort.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by universalbets(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
@Alexray you can try Nihal hotel in Diera. Big rooms but had to tip U$5.00 to have my room cleaned and everything working to my taste. shhhhhhhhh.
It is close to the market. Club on first floor but you have to bear the noise. Keep U$1.00 bills in your wallet.(I always say in my country one dollar is big money and we appreciate it a lot) Laugh wan kill me. Good to tip though even locally here it goes a long way.

For family visit we stay out of town. Dont mind the drive after all it is a vacation.

For flexibility i think N15,000 though you will pay less. Note you have to pay VAT and Tax. Also some hotels have highly flexible rates across the week and weekend. Monday to Thursday morning can be all inclusive U$63.00 and Thursday to Sunday can be U$78-85. So watch out. Clarify room rates. The amount would have hit your credit card before you know.

Also eating nigerian food out there depending on where is like paying for continental here in Nigeria. Irrespective of my purse i always convert back to Naira to ensure the price i am paying is right and makes sense. Eateries are good for me anytime - Soft drink, Pies, Chicken, Rice meals; things you already have a fair knowledge of pricing.

Dump the tour guide idea. Just get a street map, note your hotel, nearest bus or metro station or simply walk. Also on arrival convert at least
U$100-200 to local dispossable change.

Do more of sight seeing on your first day and make notes of price/quality. Since you are not a trader. Buy on your next round when you already have a fair knowledge of pricing.

You will find goods within your budget shoes et al. Do not forget to ZIP-UP grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oladet(m): 4:51am On Feb 13, 2013
Pls help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, I head that qatar are no more giving 5yrs visa to Nigeria, only 2yrs i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ guarantee but my problem i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ that there some agent still advertise 5years working visa on Facebook almost all social network pls anyone with useful information about this....I need a quick
Respond
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by yasuleiman(m): 9:01am On Feb 13, 2013
oladet: Pls help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, I head that qatar are no more giving 5yrs visa to Nigeria, only 2yrs i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ guarantee but my problem i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ that there some agent still advertise 5years working visa on Facebook almost all social network pls anyone with useful information about this....I need a quick
Respond

Be careful
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by yasuleiman(m): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2013
i.meller:

If you book the flights with them- I paid approx 1K USD for return ticket (Qatar Airways), so you make a brief stop at Doha , catching another 1 hr flight to Dubai. They also require you to book Accommodation through them. I know they got a room as low as 6K per day. In my own experience I would recommend them personally since I used them personally and their service was very professional.

Thanks, I realy appreciate
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by yasuleiman(m): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2013
ngnetbiz:

@justwise,advertising admission to canada from UAE which you don't know how possible and real it is,you should shut up in that aspect,getting a cheap ticket anywhere is none of your business aswell,still counting the number of places i have been in the world apart from UAE,you are far far behind.no need for arguement here,as small as you think i might be,with my airport pass alone in the UAE as a staff,i am highly respected.if you think you can blackmail me while tryin to do your useless job,i don't know how much you got paid anyway....i keep my word.

As for you clowns who also comment to support him,get a job and get a life.people like justwise send many nigerians do arab world all in the name of do it yourself and still most are stranded and get on nairaland started looking for" nigerians in dubai,i need a job"i have seen many thread like that which i have contributed and assist many to get jobs without any charges,he 'justwise won't check all that,only to blackmail the elders.

Mr.MAN, u ve bin busted and u still ve audacity 2 talk again. You realy ve guts and very heartless. Many people have gain a lot from Nairaland thru DIY basis.
Its people like u that tarnish our image. Please get a LIFE and REPENT.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
shagry1:

Please dont forget me as per my request of food stuff oh! i no dey form bigboy oh.

Hmm @shagry, how I wan take carry dat one nah, no wori I go buy for u wen I reach der.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
kaffy4tope: @justi4jesu
How's life in UAE?
Did you meet any Nairalander there?
Is it easy to get job there?

Share ur experience plz
My dear am not going there to look for a job because am working here in 9ja, am on 1month leave and applied for 1month visa so am making preparations to go nextweek.
So I haven't met any1 so far!
When I get der then I would know if its easy to get a job or not.
Gracias
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oladet(m): 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
yasuleiman:
Yah I wanna be careful that's the reason why I ask people about it nah, pls if γ̲̣̣̥o̲̣̥υ̲̣̥ have any idea about it tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ I don't want t fall into the victims
Be careful
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by kellyemms: 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
Who has phone contact of someone in dubai so I can make friend wiv wen I get dere cauz Im goin nxt week
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by mowaa: 9:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
From Etihad Airways....they need 5 to 7 working days to process your application

https://www.ttsuaevisas.com/Home/VisaFees.aspx?Cul=en-US

Visa Type Duration Visa Fee
(All inclusive fee in US Dollars )

Visit 90 days $355

Tourist 30 days $83

96 Hours Visa (Transit) $68

Entry permit 14 days $103

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by babadey(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
@justwise...I just saw an alert that I av a NL PM sent to my email but unfortunately I opened that email account 3 years ago,I tried opening it now but it isn't. I av changed the email to the most frequent one I'm using. Please what can u do for me to retrieve that PM to my new email account cos it an important one I guess like contacting the admin or anything for me to get dat PM.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
baba dey: @justwise...I just saw an alert that I av a NL PM sent to my email but unfortunately I opened that email account 3 years ago,I tried opening it now but it isn't. I av changed the email to the most frequent one I'm using. Please what can u do for me to retrieve that PM to my new email account cos it an important one I guess like contacting the admin or anything for me to get dat PM.

The PM is not in your inbox or you can't access the email account?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by babadey(m): 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
justwise:

The PM is not in your inbox or you can't access the email account?

I can't access the previous email account anymore.so,I changed it to the new one not quite long. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Skanas(m): 2:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hey houz pls what good business(ah min legal Oº°˚˚°º ) can one do in qatar.My freind is comin over next wik(has 5yrs visa).He has over 6500usd and wants to invest it in somtin profitable there.

#justwise# hmmmmmmmmmmm find person wey go ans me Oº°˚˚°º
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nous(f): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hello house, please I need an urgent advice.
I am planning to go to Dubai for the Easter break. I was told by the Ethiad airline visa processing agent that I would not be given the visa because I am an unmarried single below 25years (I am 23) except I apply along side my mother. I have no plans to go with my mother (the added cost being a very important reason).
Please does any experienced person have a solution to this issue?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Ogbodavies(m): 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
is a yellow card required to enter dubai,if yes how do one obtain it
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
@justwise didn't advice her on anytin.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
justwise: Make your enquiries/contributions about Qatar and UAE visa here.

If you have knowledge about their visa requirements and processing please feel free to help those who need such information.

Please, please and please no: Call me for more info or promotion of any agent here, this is purely on DIY bases.

justi4jesu: @justwise didn't advice her on anytin so why hide my post!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by shagry1(m): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
justi4jesu:

Hmm @shagry, how I wan take carry dat one nah, no wori I go buy for u wen I reach der.

Haba madam! please now try to get it from there cus is expensive over here. 3kg of beans and 3kg of Garry is ok for me. thanks in advance
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by universalbets(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
@justwise
I think you should write your warning in capital while increasing the font of the "No" maybe then they can read it. Also move the "No" accross the colon.

Wish you well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.